This video is totally promoting and honouring SHS. Somebody needs to put this clip on YT with subs, wish I knew how to do it.

That lady in orange was totally expressing my sentiments! Thank God, I’m not the only one who finds Hye Sun’s voice attractive. I thought maybe I was just simply obsessing. :lol:

I’m glad she fought/waited for MGL. Even though people go gaga over her last show more I feel, but even with me ... after watching everything ... it’s MGL who I keep going back to as well! Be it her performance, her chemistry with PSH or the love story! I just can’t get enough of it! Though in Still17 & HOD, she proved how well of a command she has over her body ... she proved her versatility ... gained more international fans ... but there’s something really special about MGL. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Personally MGL was a drama that i would never want to watch again, though it was THE role that propelled her to lead actress status and lots of casting offers.

Good script? NO. The story went haywired halfway and never came back to track. I won't elaborate because I have said enough then and wouldnt want to go back to that torturous period of watching the drama. 

Good chemistry with PSH? NO. I feel so uncomfortable and toxic watching this couple among all of SHS dramas. PERSONALLY. I have never ever watch any drama that I feel he's stalking her when he's actually wooing her. This says so much. 

Why does Hyesun wants to do MGL so badly then? My analysis is as follows. 

1. It's a lead role in a KBS weekend drama. That KBS weekend drama slot have always boasts the best ratings. She knows the impact of this slot because she's been previously in FC in the same drama slot as a supporting role but already received much love.

2. It's a lead role that her scenes are more than anyone else even the male lead. I remembered reading an interview that she said she was so happy after reading her script because she's in almost every scene.

3. It's a 50 episode long drama and being the lead for that long 7 months puts her in the best position to achieve continued exposure and screen time to let more people know about the existence of her as a newbie actress.

Just my personal views. Im sorry if MGL was special to you guys here but it was that torturous for me. The only best part was seeing how Hyesun emoted and  acted so well in the role and getting all her due recognition. All said, no one can nail that role like how she did. She's just meant to be Seo Ji-an.

8 hours ago, immorethant said:

This is new knowledge for me. But I'm glad that it's a proof that she got her lead role not because she's lucky, but because her competence and hard working finally paid off . If she didn't get MGL's role she will get with another drama anyway.

Wow didn't know about this too. But I thought she was supposed to take Jisoo role at first? Now now I'm curious which drama was that :lol:. Could be a mini series...

How can I ever thank @meechuttso for this translation! Like what I said I already felt happy just listening to them saying her name, now that I read the translated parts I'm on cloud nine! 

I trust her choices. Am very sure Innocent and Dan Only Love is going to do so well too!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Wow didn't know about this too. But I thought she was supposed to take Jisoo role at first? Now now I'm curious which drama was that :lol:. Could be a mini series...

My wild guess is 'Temperature of Love'    Because it started airing during the same time of MGL (Sep2017) and the age of female lead character is not much far from SHS.  (I recalled that UEE turned down MGL offer on Jun 6,  2017,  SHS confirmed MGL lead role on Jun16 and Seo Hyun-Jin confirmed 'Temperature of Love' later in July.) 

That's the destiny she had to play with YSJ after MGL. And because she missed that chance, so she kept talking about him as we saw in 30but17 interview.    LOL :P

Have a good day everyone !!  :relaxed:

mLpTKMr.gif

uQ0cEnD.gif

(credit gifs --> https://twitter.com/0_EUNSU )

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

She was supposed to do TOL? I’m glad she didn’t cause SHJ nailed that character in my opinion! But I could see her doing it as well! Ah, it’s hard for me to be biased cause I love both of them equally. :lol:

Can we get updates on SHS though? I wonder what she is up to. Somebody need to send a serious letter to her company regarding her Ninja ways. lol

• LOL 2

20 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Btw, does anybody know how far Hye Sun’s scene is in The Violent Prosecutor? Everybody talks about it ... don’t feel like watching the whole movie!

I had no inclination to watch it either, but after watching the whole thing, a recommend! I think KDW is definitely something to rage over if you were his fan and wanted him to save his lips for you only - he's so fine in a way that's different from other k-drama male leads. He really grew on me - I wouldn't mind, 'Nonviolent Bookkeeper' - the sequel (he goes back to the 'electoral district chapter bookkeeper' - SHS - to make amends for his scoundrel past, then falls for her all over again, LoL).:crazy:

19 hours ago, immorethant said:

Apart from legendary KDW kissing scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Y6zamR-tE) , she had just one another short scene here after that kiss.

I so love that gif of her in a panic the morning after - wonder if they all found out she was the leak source.

19 hours ago, immorethant said:

That's all for our SHS's appearance. 

Yes, but @immorethant sweetie, you from the first time you joined here (not long ago), have a knack for creating and nailing the gifs I always wanted to do but was too lazy or busy - I don't think anyone's ever done a gif of that scene - but I watched that scene over and over becoz, well becoz we're SHS fan-addicts - it's like the back story of what happened from which you can write a whole new movie script. And however millisecond short, SHS has mastered the art of making that moment count on screen - perhaps just out of sheer necessity, as you've been reading from her difficult start in the business, where she maybe had one single one-line scene out of a whole drama mini-series. She had to get tough! She had to get good! Adversity made oori-baby what she is today!

So in that sense I treasure the 'other scene' from VP that nobody talks about - it's 100% SHS and she just nails it like nobody else could have. :phew:

21 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Thanks @meechuttso for being our trusty translator as always. That's why your minions here love you more than anyone :heart:  ... other than SHS :lol: 

My mommy taught me to always share. :rolleyes: Multiply my joy! :w00t::w00t:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

So in that sense I treasure the 'other scene' from VP that nobody talks about - it's 100% SHS and she just nails it like nobody else could have. :phew:

Couldn't agree more, it's short scene but she nailed it with combination acting of feeling guilty+embarrassed+shocked+beautiful :wub: 

Sometime I watched her movie (this 'VP'  and 'A day') and felt little bit sad because she seems to have less screen time than the time she had from movie interview :crazy: .  I think she might have actually shoot more scenes but they may be cut off when the movie was edited due to film length, so the directors and co-actors might see how talent she is on the set , but for us audience, we just want to see her more.

That's why 'The Mother Earth' is my favorite movie of SHS so far (which I watched it so many times).  It may be a short film but it's the first time she's female lead in movie (and her acting is so natural).  And that's why I'm delighted for 'Innocent' , which she will dominate most of screen time.

This below link is list of coming 2019 movie, you may see most important lead roles are focused on male characters (I have no objection for that, because it's normal thing), just a few script that emphasize on female role (most are comedy or rom-com).  So even 'Innocent' was mentioned just 1 line almost at the end of the list, I'm still glad she chose this serious role to show her talent and I think the PD of this film is glad to have her on board too. 

http://m.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2097&l=1154130

• Love 1

15 hours ago, immorethant said:

I don't know how can I thank you enough for this. I hope these gifs can tell how grateful and happy I am right now.  :kiss_wink::blush: :relaxed::innocent:

Since we now know that she's known as the 'Polite Actress' , or 'Well-mannered Actress' in the industry, for your next scavenger hunt, @immorethant you can collect or make gifs of her bowing? There are many good ones. B) We can all guess what @kokkuri33 would put at the top of that list. :phew:

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

How can I ever thank @meechuttso for this translation! Like what I said I already felt happy just listening to them saying her name, now that I read the translated parts I'm on cloud nine!

Although this was such a great program where 8 people sit around praising her for 20 minutes that I would have translated it even if they told me not to, it still feels good to hear again, thanks and appreciation, maybe becoz SHS herself, her story is such a wonderful thing, and in a way we're all learning to be a bit more grateful as we read her stories and see what drives this admirable woman - so a simple act of saying thank you and sharing, it feels like we're all being little bit like her, soaking up some of her positive energy and wishing our best for one another in this little but warm place here.:wub:

9 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I’m glad she fought/waited for MGL. Even though people go gaga over her last show more I feel, but even with me ... after watching everything ... it’s MGL who I keep going back to as well! ...

{snip}

but there’s something really special about MGL. 

Yes @jakey09 you've come to a good place at a great time. I appreciate all your thoughts and viewpoints becoz it reminds me of 2016 when I first got so curious about her too during 5-children, how under-appreciated she was but how refreshing she was in every way to my ears and eyes the more I read about her. And we may not all agree on everything here - if you look back a year you can find ample evidence of my challenges with MGL too, but there's no denying that our Actress is someone who is very bright, knows what she's getting into, is always willing to work hard (cow-mode) and still has much more she wants to express as an artist.

Whether one drama or 3 dramas (or movies) a year, I would like to think that over her long and illustrious career, all these steps she's taking now we can look back on and see how she couldn't have done better becoz she's always doing her very best and leaving the rest to (the drama-gods or whatever you want to put here). That's what I admire about this actress the more I learn about her.

Although the facts were all known to those of us who have been on this thread, it was just super heart-warming to watch in the format of that program (Rumor Has It) where they take turns discussing a pre-scripted exposition and analysis of what it is about her that we are all drawn to. They covered all the bases, and so I don't have much else to add - it was just great to nod along and notice everyone else notice the little things we've all been noticing all along. :phew:B):wub:

18 hours ago, meechuttso said:

13:32   CJ - (quoting a Korean proverb): 될성부른 나무는 떡잎부터 알아본다 it is said. "A tree that will grow tall, you can tell from the very first leaf". (Others: ooh aah - (impressed by his wisdom and knowledge of Korean sayings)).

13:38   CJ: Shin Hye-Sun, too, would be included in this instance? (laughs)

One of my faaaavorite moments of the program. I love this Chris Johnson guy, whom I've never heard of before - but even with a bit of accent his command of the Korean was quite impressive, and it made you pay attention to what he was saying more - he's a fan. She's still so young, especially as an actress since her debut was quite late, but it's a really nice time of 'intermission' to reflect on not just Shin Hye-Sun's brilliant acting, but the actress the person herself and her deep and courageous story of her quite exemplary character from the 'no-name' phase of her development. A great tribute, and I feel positively honored to be able to share such a heart-warming story with all my Chingoos here!

:love::innocent::kiss_wink:

• Love 3

@meechuttso Actually I feel there’s a difference in viewing when you watch something live and then when you binge watch. I experienced that ... when watching a show live you go through all kind of frustrations and emotions. Since I binged watched MGL, maybe I didn’t have time to go through all kind of emotions/frustrations. 

Plus, I’m a melo kind. I love melo love stories with happy ending. Maybe it was more up my ally. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

it was just super heart-warming to watch in the format of that program (Rumor Has It) where they take turns discussing a pre-scripted exposition and analysis of what it is about her that we are all drawn to

Yes, what I love as much as watching her acting is seeing people praised and talked good things about her (like we are dedicating this page doing now). Just reading those comments or see nice pics from her fans already made me happy (may be a bad habit of mine lurking on people's SNS but I just want to know how others think about SHS).

This one is example of comment that made my day. :blush::love:

dKo6xGO.jpg

I have to erase their name for their privacy. First they talked about LOTBS and mentioned SHS and her latest dramas. What I love here is how her 2 new dramas last years (30but17 and HOD) successfully increased her popularity and admiration, and converted more fans. :glasses:  The more she worked and the more people watched her work, they just couldn't help fall for her .

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

when watching a show live you go through all kind of frustrations and emotions

When I watched live drama, I also got frustration too....from having to wait for the next episode to come out next week :joy: LOL.  But probably because of that, I ended up watching 3 times for each episode while waiting (1 time of korean live, 1 time of Eng sub, 1 time of local sub), not counting the time re-watching after live (this applied for SHS's drama only).    So don't be surprise if sometimes I may be too emotional from watching it too much.  But it's also fun to watch drama during live broadcasting because I can (lurk around and) read lots of comments when the topic and the discussion was still hot (and didn't have to read many spoilers too) . :P 

One example of difference btw live watching and binge watching is that when people watched 30but17 live, I read lots of comments saying the pace is slow , because audience waited for the whole week with lots of expectation dying to have the truth revealed or to see kissing scene.  Comparing with the comments I read from people binge watching this drama later, less complained about slow pace. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Recently I’m addicted to Tiffany Young’s Lips on Lips & every time I hear that song it reminds me of Hye Sun! :joy: Maybe something to do with her sexy biting habit. If anybody wanting to make MV on Hye Sun ... they can use that song! I swear that song is so her! :yum:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Sorry for too much talking....:P

Sometime I love reading old news and old comments, it gives me a feeling like I come from the future and know what will happen later and to see what were people's speculations or opinions about the news (some were surprisingly correct and some were not even close)  :phew:

Reading the old news when we heard SHS confirmed for MGL and 30but17, here is plot summary in the news.

Shin Hye-sun, if she confirms, will play a marketing team contract employee Seo Ji-ahn, who is a reliable worker with a bit of a competitive side, an optimistic outlook on life, and a playful personality. She lived a princess-like life until her first year in high school when her father’s company went bankrupt. Now she must put on a brave face, enduring unjust criticism, to achieve the coveted status of a permanent employee.   (from MGL news on Jun 16 ) 

"Thirty But Seventeen" is about a genius violinist named Woo Seo-ri, who ends up in an accident that leads to a coma at age 17. Seo-ri regains consciousness 13 years later, at age 30.  (from 30but17 news on March 23)

Spoiler

This comment recalled me of OAOL confirm/deny situation. :joy: 

"Yang Se Jong’s agency responded that they never got such offer. His name was most likely just thrown there. Idk what SBS is really thinking.."

If you look at the plot synopsis when we first heard about those dramas, there's a lot that in the scripts that weren't mentioned here (e.g. Chaebol's daughter plot in MGL or Woo-Jin's storyline in 30but17 not mentioned until May's news), but both dramas turned out to be big hit.   Hence, reading this old news also calmed my curiosity about 'One and Only Love'  and gave me hope that there will be lots of interesting things in 'One and Only Love' plot that yet to be revealed.

• Love 2

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Since we now know that she's known as the 'Polite Actress' , or 'Well-mannered Actress' in the industry, for your next scavenger hunt, @immorethant you can collect or make gifs of her bowing? There are many good ones. B) We can all guess what @kokkuri33 would put at the top of that list. :phew:

@meechuttso  She did lots of bowing, didn't she ?  

Below are my top favorite bows of our well-mannered and humble 'Shin Hye Sun'

(the ranking is my subjective preference :P).

Honorable mention

Most beautiful and perfect bows (can be used as standard for family/school to teach daughter)

BwobMh0.gif   4HeF5am.gif

IKYdfsp.gif  

5th place

'Gleeful with manner'

SucwY0D.gif

4th place

'Biting and Bowing'

iHFvne1.gif

Excellence Award

점 점 점  (chum chum chum)

g4ztkiu.gif

Top Excellence Award

She is a star now but she's still so humble :kiss_wink:

ubCjf2s.gif

Dae-sang Award

My all time favorite :love:

yQsguow.gif

Special prize

Can I call this a bow ?  LOL  :joy: 

2F0VrJl.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, immorethant said:

5th place

'Gleeful with manner'

SucwY0D.gif

This is my most FAVOURITE!! She's not shy to show her glee and excitement!

Excellence Award

점 점 점  (chum chum chum)

g4ztkiu.gif

Followed by this Chum Chum Chum. How cute! :lol:

4HeF5am.gif

And the sweet Yeontae bow! One of my favourite scene in my one of my favourite drama. 

4th place

'Biting and Bowing'

iHFvne1.gif

Cutest bow ever!

Top Excellence Award

She is a star now but she's still so humble :kiss_wink:

ubCjf2s.gif

Awkward, shy and humble bow which makes one wants to support her more!

These are my top 5 favourites!

Thanks @immorethant so much for these lovely gifs! I always admire those who can make these gifs. Im like an idiot in this aspect so all the more I appreciate all of you so much! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think this is the update after a whole month of nothing.

https://news.v.daum.net/v/20190221050242919

The 6th E-Daily Cultural Award

Spoiler

(from google translation)

The 6th annual  'E-Daily Cultural Award', which confirms the strength of the performing arts and feels the impression once again will be will be held on 26th (Feb) at 7 pm at the Sejong Cultural Center in Sejong-ro, Jongro-gu district, Seoul.

'E-Daily New Cultural Grand Prize' will be selected as the best work of the six categories including theater, classical, dance, traditional music, musical, and concert, all of which were filled with tranquility and laughter during the year. Rather than choosing the most successful and most successful first-class work, it is a place to celebrate and cheer up with 'praiseworthy works' considering current influences and future possibilities.

The full-scale awards ceremony will start with the award of the Grand Prize of the six categories. A panel of 54 judges, consisting of nine people in each category, selected the best performances of the performances of the past year.

The winners of the six categories are actors Lee Young-eun, Shin Hye-Sun, and Won Ju-wan and singers Sul Ha-yoon, Park Jung-min and Yoon Ji-sung .......(the list goes on )

On this day, the award of 'E-Daily Cultural Grand Prize' will be announced for most significant work of 6 best works in 6 categories. It will be presented with the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Prize of the highest honor to be 'Star of Stars'. It is a result of the vote of 54 judges, the online voting of the general public, and the heated (열띤) discussions of the Korea Daily Cultural Awards.

List of last year winners  https://www.soompi.com/article/1113279wpp/winners-5th-edaily-culture-awards

(However, after reading the news , I still don't understand which award SHS will get  :wacko: because it seems the 6 areas will be theater, dance, traditional music, musical, concert, classic ????  and they already got winner list here http://culture.edaily.co.kr/Board/List/ :blink: ...Or it may be another SHS mentioned in the news ??? :sweatingbullets:  So I think I should put in the hidden comment while waiting for conformation.)

(edited)

After I read again , I think SHS will be award presenter (시상자로는 배우) , sorry for the google mis-translation  LOL :P   but if she dance ballet well in 'One and Only Love' she may get award next year. 

Edited by immorethant
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, immorethant said:

@meechuttso  She did lots of bowing, didn't she ?  

Below are my top favorite bows of our well-mannered and humble 'Shin Hye Sun'

(the ranking is my subjective preference :P). 

@immorethant you are way more eager to please than even my mom's puppy. I feel so powerful - I mention something, and there it is! You've nailed it - and much faster and comprehensively than I could have imagined - although with you, my expectation is going up more and more it's so high now, some day you won't please me with mere high efforts, LoL.

tumblr_ojsmt3RUZa1valxs7o1_400.gif Here's one from the classical era of SHS's career, LoL.:innocent:

7 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I wish she goes to Knowing Brothers. Alone. It would be a funny episode. 

It would be funny. The episode would be called, "Knowing Bros' Bowing Sistar".

Except as you might know, the guest celebs use Banmal (반말, colloquial non-honorifics) to the older hosts becoz they're supposed to all be classmates. It would be funny if she was the first guest who's habitually using honorifics and can't get herself to 'lower her speech'. I'd pay good money to see that - but most of her fans hate Seo Jang-Hoon the tall guy being matched up with Oori-Baby (from Ugly Offspring - where she bowed, banged her forehead but got the grand prize from @immorethant for her performance just now).:dizzy:

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

After I read again , I think SHS will be award presenter (시상자로는 배우)

Yes, I'm looking forward to this - she has more fun that way. Maybe she's getting ready to rub shoulders with these awardees for more 'cultural' works and performances. Any sight of her, really, would be a sight for our SORE eyes that have not beheld her in so long.

:w00t:

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

tumblr_ojsmt3RUZa1valxs7o1_400.gif Here's one from the classical era of SHS's career, LoL.:innocent:

Oh... how I missed out this one, yesterday I tried to think of the scene of Yeon Tae's bowing and I recalled from my faded memory she have 1 scene with Sang Min.  But after I checked (probably I checked the wrong episode) :P It turned out that she just nod in that scene.

Writing this suddenly makes me recall this another favorite classic bow. :kiss_wink::love:

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

where she bowed, banged her forehead but got the grand prize from @immorethant for her performance just now

LOL , sorry that I loved that scene, but I think she should be fine, because for this smart girl (똑똑) her head is hard (딱딱). :joy:

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, immorethant said:

After I read again , I think SHS will be award presenter (시상자로는 배우) , sorry for the google mis-translation  LOL :P   but if she dance ballet well in 'One and Only Love' she may get award next year

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=018&aid=0004315026

Actor Shin Hye-sun goes on to dance. In particular, Shin Hye Sun is preparing for a drama "Only one love" starring as a ballerina.

This is funny. 

Dear google translate: is she really gonna dance? :joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

It would be funny. The episode would be called, "Knowing Bros' Bowing Sistar".

Except as you might know, the guest celebs use Banmal (반말, colloquial non-honorifics) to the older hosts becoz they're supposed to all be classmates. It would be funny if she was the first guest who's habitually using honorifics and can't get herself to 'lower her speech'. I'd pay good money to see that - but most of her fans hate Seo Jang-Hoon the tall guy being matched up with Oori-Baby (from Ugly Offspring - where she bowed, banged her forehead but got the grand prize from @immorethant for her performance just now).:dizzy:

Oh yeah?  That’s one of the reasons I want her to go there... I found her chemistry with Seo Jang Hoon cute. I think it was cute in a funny way! :lol:

What are the chances she will go though? Do you have to be promoting something in order to go or they can invite guests randomly? 

• LOL 2