[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

@ your highness: I don't think it was my mistake but case of confusion and good that the confusion is cleared.

@julie721: Hehe, I wasn't irritated at all. Just sad that we YJ fans were questioned again but then, it was a  confusion. And that's cleared now. 

@nona88: Thanks for the welcome. And your answers are quite interesting but again that's a part of your assumption only isn't it? So that's why I along with others wanted to know something about Anna's 14 yrs from the writer itself.

@miriamdream2. Yes I was thinking of quitting but then I thought I didn't do anything bad to quit. So just checked out soompi and boom I saw your comment and man I was laughing like crazy.  Thank you for posting that. And thanks so much for the much needed support. Of Course I’ll do follow your advice * wink*

You're not only creative but hella funny.  Wow, your friends must be so lucky to have you by side.  And yes I want the link of those Smiley's so even I can use. Hehe 

And lol at that question, hahaha omg I'm rofling.. stop stop… yes maybe they are subway sandwiches only.  2 for YJ, 2 for JH, 2 for himself and 5 for VP of JSS because he shown him the cloud 9 lol.  But why would he make the guards fight with each other for subway sandwiches.? Maybe he had that much money only. Wicked YJ even wiped out his bank balance, lolol. Argh evil monster lady.  Hahaha…

------

Well, as a viewer who contributes to the online viewing of the show (online views does count). And as someone who regularly appreciates the show, I also have full right to criticize each and every scene/script/writing/details of the show. I have full right to ask the writer about this/ that scene because that's what we audience can do at the most. No, I will not leave it to ourselves to find out what happen behind, I will expect the writer to come up with their explanation because as audience if we assumed, then we judge too and we judge on face value thereby missing the depth, deeper understanding and complexity of the scene.

If the writing is flawed obviously I/others will point out and discuss within us. Some agree, some may not. Not a big deal it should be. I don't think pointing out flaws is a bad thing, it just makes you know what the writer has missed out in their plot and where did they went wrong. With this they can be careful with their next scene/episode and they’ll only make it better.  Don't you agree YJ fans?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, siddo said:

@miriamdream2. You're back! Omg your posts are so funny. It had me in splits heehee, please continue your rants. And boy, love those Smiley's you use! It's makes your post more entertaining to read.

@anipanch. Indeed true. The writing is flawed. Till now I was waiting to know of Anna’s past 14 years, I was hoping to get glimpse/hint of it. But seems like the writer has left it to the audience’s imagination. And the audience here have assumed she was ‘imprisoned’ not hidden. There is a lot of difference in both words. 

Like miriamdream2 so acutely pointed out that ‘How was Anna able to find the subway station in Spain? I too have similar questions. Like, how did she know the way to subway station, how did she run towards it in that direction? How did she had those coins( I bet those are Spanish euro coins)? How was she able to talk in Spanish with the  lady ticket giver (did she learn Spanish there)? And most importantly how did she knew that her retard father was in Spain ( Madrid) that time & she asked JH to take her to him. An imprisoned person from 9 yr to 23yrs will not certainly not know about all these things. That makes me wonder was she really imprisoned or just kept hidden from public, just not let to interact with anyone. Even the show's synopsis says ‘the hidden daughter of President’.  Her Spanish speaking made me wonder whether she learned Spanish there all this years. Also was she given any education in private, was she given to play, learn, to watch TV, news and all other things a normal person has done or do in a private space.  Then how did she guessed the direction of the road, finding the subway station on her own,  how else she came to know about her dad other than news?

The writer hasn't said/ showed anything of it yet. I know it's 16 episode series but he could have shown at least something of Anna’s 14 yrs? I don’t even think he has plan to reveal or show something about the same to the audience. Only 2 episodes are left and that itself are going to be messier.

_____

BTW where's my healing unicorn and why isn't she posting? Where are you partner in crime? ;) eh, smiley?

@siddo Thank you for your post. I have taken a stab at addressing the underline/bolded text.

Imprisoned vs. hidden.

My personal belief is that she was imprisoned. I don’t think that the writer needed to spoonfeed us every detail of the past 14 years of Anna’s life in order to conclude that she was imprisoned.  The first few episodes gave of us glimpse in how she had lived. She has 24 hour bodyguards who monitor her every move via cctv. She has no contact to the outside world. Anybody who grew up like that would want to run away. At least I would. It’s possible that YJ wanted to keep her hidden, but from Anna’s vintage point she was imprisoned (my impression) – no freedom.

In some earlier episode J4 stated that Anna had a propensity for running away. It’s safe to deduce that she learned the way to the subway station due to her various efforts/escapes.

Being imprisoned doesn’t mean that she had no access to the news. Even hardened criminals have access to tv.

I guess, it all depends of your definition of imprisonment. To me, being imprisoned means to lack the freedom to do the things that you want to do or that others take for granted. I could be raised in castle with all the comfort in the world and still be/feel imprisoned because I am unable to leave such castle and act/behave like my peers. Imprisonment is not only being locked behind “prison” bars, it is a limit on one’s  access/freedom. Anna could have had the greatest education, but she was not allowed to have a regular life. She was monitored constantly. She had no access to her father whom she adored.

The writing is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I think that the writer gave us enough bread crumbs.

To my fellow YJ fans,

@perfectsmilebias @bebebisous33 @ReemKanabta @ellesina @jagmac24_111a  @anipanch @Trung Vũ @miriamdream2 @shae @lamylamy  @grapefruit7

I know you're very much disappointed in the way YJ’s character has shaped up. Esp after 13 and 14th episodes. You all think the writer has left YJ with no redemption, no chance at improving herself and it's true to an extent. Even though I still see some hope for her, I also see YJ as someone who is going to die in the end. Yeah, it's crazy to think why would I say like this? But this is the feeling I'm getting from the current episodes and I'm sure most of you share the same feeling, isn't it? 

Idk whether the PD team has finished up with the live shooting or they're yet to shoot. So a thought came to my mind about how YJ’s death scene(if it happens) would/could be. 

YJ gets shot down from her rival/ takes a bullet which was for JH and she falls into Jeha’s arms. So looking at JH, 

YJ: (raises her left hand and place it on Jeha’s cheeks) and says Je Haa ya,

JH: Yes, Madam.

YJ: I wish you were born earlier, I wish you were in place of Jang se Joon ( for the 1st time takes his name)..

JH: (Totally shocked, doesn't know how to react.)

YJ: Jeha, if you were been in his place, my life could have been much different.

JH: (stares angrily at JSJ)

YJ: (paused for a minute) she then says, Take care of Anna.  Promise me, you won't become another Jang se Joon. (Meanwhile JSJ who's hearing all this puts his head down in shame)

JH: I promise you, Madam.

YJ: (smiles the way she smiled in the umbrella scene, slowly her eyes starts to shut down and she pauses for eternity)

JH: (bow his head down in grief) and says, Rest in peace, Madam. 

I wish her death scene could have been like this if it's still yet to shoot (in case it happens). Add to it JCW & SYA’s acting would just give it a heartfelt touch and this would be epic for us.

It could give a perfect end to our Jejin ship. I mean what else could be perfect than Yoojin dying in the arms of the man who brought back a bit of human conscience of what was left in her, who brought flow of tears in her dried and stoned eyes, who made her show her compassionate side, who showed trust in her when everyone thought her as betrayer, who made her smile when the chips were down at her side, who called her friend when everyone else thought her as foe, and the most important who taught who her the essence of Love (giving, receiving) and that's no one but Jeha….

It could also be a good ending to YJ the character itself. Her soul could depart from her vicious, creepy and sexist world full of grown vultures in black suits and ties waiting for her to commit a mistake and eat her alive. The ones who mocked her for being a woman left, right and center, the ones who turned her into a living monster, the ones who sucked out the life in her. Yes, she could  go far away from all this to someplace better where she would be wanted, where she would be loved, where there would be the most precious and important person of her life who  supported her till she could and that's her Mother….

Ah! It was really emotional when this thought came to my mind.  What do you think of it, chingus?

14 minutes ago, siddo said:

@ your highness: I don't think it was my mistake but case of confusion and good that the confusion is cleared.

@julie721: Hehe, I wasn't irritated at all. Just sad that we YJ fans were questioned again but then, it was a  confusion. And that's cleared now. 

@nona88: Thanks for the welcome. And your answers are quite interesting but again that's a part of your assumption only isn't it? So that's why I along with others wanted to know something about Anna's 14 yrs from the writer itself.

@miriamdream2. Yes I was thinking of quitting but then I thought I didn't do anything bad to quit. So just checked out soompi and boom I saw your comment and man I was laughing like crazy.  Thank you for posting that. And thanks so much for the much needed support. Of Course I’ll do follow your advice * wink*

You're not only creative but hella funny.  Wow, your friends must be so lucky to have you by side.  And yes I want the link of those Smiley's so even I can use. Hehe 

And lol at that question, hahaha omg I'm rofling.. stop stop… yes maybe they are subway sandwiches only.  2 for YJ, 2 for JH, 2 for himself and 5 for VP of JSS because he shown him the cloud 9 lol.  But why would he make the guards fight with each other for subway sandwiches.? Maybe he had that much money only. Wicked YJ even wiped out his bank balance, lolol. Argh evil monster lady.  Hahaha…

------

Well, as a viewer who contributes to the online viewing of the show (online views does count). And as someone who regularly appreciates the show, I also have full right to criticize each and every scene/script/writing/details of the show. I have full right to ask the writer about this/ that scene because that's what we audience can do at the most. No, I will not leave it to ourselves to find out what happen behind, I will expect the writer to come up with their explanation because as audience if we assumed, then we judge too and we judge on face value thereby missing the depth, deeper understanding and complexity of the scene.

If the writing is flawed obviously I/others will point out and discuss within us. Some agree, some may not. Not a big deal it should be. I don't think pointing out flaws is a bad thing, it just makes you know what the writer has missed out in their plot and where did they went wrong. With this they can be careful with their next scene/episode and they’ll only make it better.  Don't you agree YJ fans?

Aish yup, I hope they won't leave us with unanswered questions and dumb character endings. I'm soo waiting for the JH YJ farewell scene, because the synopsis said when JH leaves she knows this is the last time of seeing him :tears:

So more than the writer I'm counting on SYA JCW to give us a great scene

11 minutes ago, siddo said:

To my fellow YJ fans,

@perfectsmilebias @bebebisous33 @ReemKanabta @ellesina @jagmac24_111a  @anipanch @Trung Vũ @miriamdream2 @shae @lamylamy  @grapefruit7

I know you're very much disappointed in the way YJ’s character has shaped up. Esp after 13 and 14th episodes. You all think the writer has left YJ with no redemption, no chance at improving herself and it's true to an extent. Even though I still see some hope for her, I also see YJ as someone who is going to die in the end. Yeah, it's crazy to think why would I say like this? But this is the feeling I'm getting from the current episodes and I'm sure most of you share the same feeling, isn't it? 

Idk whether the PD team has finished up with the live shooting or they're yet to shoot. So a thought came to my mind about how YJ’s death scene(if it happens) would/could be. 

YJ gets shot down from her rival/ takes a bullet which was for JH and she falls into Jeha’s arms. So looking at JH, 

YJ: I wish you were born earlier, I wish you were in place of Jang se Joon ( for the 1st time takes his name)..

YJ: Jeha, if you were been in his place, my life could have been much different.

YJ: (paused for a minute) she then says, Take care of Anna.  Promise me, you won't become another Jang se Joon. (Meanwhile JSJ who's hearing all this puts his head down in shame)

YJ: (smiles the way she smiled in the umbrella scene, slowly her eyes starts to shut down and she pauses for eternity)

I wish her death scene could have been like this if it's still yet to shoot (in case it happens). Add to it JCW & SYA’s acting would just give it a heartfelt touch and this would be epic for us.

It could give a perfect end to our Jejin ship. I mean what else could be perfect than Yoojin dying in the arms of the man who brought back a bit of human conscience of what was left in her, who brought flow of tears in her dried and stoned eyes, who made her show her compassionate side, who showed trust in her when everyone thought her as betrayer, who made her smile when the chips were down at her side, who called her friend when everyone else thought her as foe, and the most important who taught who her the essence of Love (giving, receiving) and that's no one but Jeha….

It could also be a good ending to YJ the character itself. Her soul could depart from her vicious, creepy and sexist world full of grown vultures in black suits and ties waiting for her to commit a mistake and eat her alive. The ones who mocked her for being a woman left, right and center, the ones who turned her into a living monster, the ones who sucked out the life in her. Yes, she could  go far away from all this to someplace better where she would be wanted, where she would be loved, where there would be the most precious and important person of her life who  supported her till she could and that's her Mother….

Ah! It was really emotional when this thought came to my mind.  What do you think of it, chingus?

That's EXACTLY how I envisioned it! Omg no that's not weird when you say you have the feeling that YJ will die. I also think the same and I totally thought about her dying in JH's arms. A perfect end indeed and full of emotions. I don't know about the dialogue tho, but I'm sure she will ask JH to be happy. And ugh... that would be epic. Whatever the end I know I'm gonna enjoy it, 'cos for me SYA and JCW always had the best scenes in this drama

@auroredown: Well I know the writer can't tell us every scene about Anna. But the whole term of Imprisoned' was used here like any no end. To me I think she was hidden. Even the synopsis says so. Yes that doesn't make YJ less bad but what I want to know whether YJ really treated her like a prisoner or gave her freedom to do things a normal person would do but just didn't let her interact with outside world.  Because of her illegitimate status, because of how society would perceive her & of course because of her husband's Presidential ambition. One hidden thought does come in my mind is she could also hide Anna because of her crazy maternal family her step mom and stepbrother. 

So yeah as a YJ fan I do like to know why was she hidden?

@anipanch: Hi-fi buddy. Jejins think alike :)

8 minutes ago, siddo said:

@auroredown: Well I know the writer can't tell us every scene about Anna. But the whole term of Imprisoned' was used here like any no end. To me I think she was hidden. Even the synopsis says so. Yes that doesn't make YJ less bad but what I want to know whether YJ really treated her like a prisoner or gave her freedom to do things a normal person would do but just didn't let her interact with outside world.  Because of her illegitimate status, because of how society would perceive her & of course because of her husband's Presidential ambition. One hidden thought does come in my mind is she could also hide Anna because of her crazy maternal family her step mom and stepbrother. 

I think it boils down to perception and interpretation/reality.

She was hidden because of her illegitimate status, but she was imprisoned because she was deprived of her freedom. Hiding her might have been YJ's intention, but the reality was was different for Anna. I might put my hand on your mouth to stop you from screaming, but I might suffocate you in the process. 

Intention -- Stop you from screaming (hiding Anna)

Reality/Interpretation -- You're suffocating me (Anna being/feeling imprisoned).

My two cents.

2 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Come on.. I would also feel something .. for heaven sake he held an umbrella for her ...

heeeee :D

I hope we get some bedscene too..I am sure he will be ready by then ...  wahahahhaa... 

2 more days and we all can move on .. I  am not watching anything right now, I drop everything .. waiting for mermaid .. and goblin 

LOL she should have controlled herself. The umbrella was somewhat of a sympathy and pity scene. He understood and felt bad for her. Nothing else. He's going to be her step Son-In-Law. Stay in your limits Ahjumma. :lol:

Bed scene I really doubt because Anna was raised in a nunnery and consummation before marriage must have been frowned upon..BUT yes please. ;)

Hahaha, both the shows I am looking out for too.

1 hour ago, ashvaugn said:

Yes indeed, It's not a failure like what others presented them to be.. 4-6% is already considered a hit.. and they have been no.1 in the timeslot.. maybe if people stop comparing them to other dramas like signal and r88, these dramas are of different genre with K2, different people will have different response on dramas. 

For some who is disappointed for JCW , like c'mon maybe try to lower your expectations.. I am sure JCW is happy with the result of his comeback drama, this drama was well received in Korea than healer., and for them the reception of korean audience is what make a drama successful..According to his recent interview, the producers are happy with the outcome and so is he. Plus,he is more recognized now in Korea.. and even gotten bigger in asia as evidenced by his latest Lotte endorsement.. so JCW fans just be happy for him.. I know I am.. :))) 

I thought 2-3 was a hit and 4-6 is a huge success? I don't see why some people are acting like JCW and the production are disappointed. :lol:

41 minutes ago, siddo said:

------

Actually we have no right to question the writer over anything. International viewers donot count unless they somehow contribute to the earning of the show. Here, we honestly are just leeches who watch the show illegally. Do you plan on buying the DVD or the OST? If not then you have no right to question the writer. But if you do then ask away. The writer still has the right to refuse to entertain your queries because he is not forcing us to watch his work. It's our choice to watch. Just because we are a fan of the character or an actor, it gives us no right to question the person who actually created the character over the direction that character is going. The writer knows the character the best.

And also no writer gives all the details in their work. Even in a book, the writer never spoonfeeds all the details. They expect the reader to puzzle out some things and come to conclusion from whatever tidbits or crumbs the writer has shown/written before.

50 minutes ago, siddo said:

@auroredown: Well I know the writer can't tell us every scene about Anna. But the whole term of Imprisoned' was used here like any no end. To me I think she was hidden. Even the synopsis says so. Yes that doesn't make YJ less bad but what I want to know whether YJ really treated her like a prisoner or gave her freedom to do things a normal person would do but just didn't let her interact with outside world.  Because of her illegitimate status, because of how society would perceive her & of course because of her husband's Presidential ambition. One hidden thought does come in my mind is she could also hide Anna because of her crazy maternal family her step mom and stepbrother

Concerning this line, I think it is very wishful thinking about YJ's character. She does not seem to be someone who would do such a thing. That would be an amazing twist if it were true. Hiding Anna seemed to be for more selfish reasons than anything else. It was a way to control SJ. As long as she had Anna, and he believed that she could hurt her, YJ had the upper hand. Anna was just  a mere tool to control her husband, or if we are going by the opening sequence of the show, a pawn in their chess game.

21 minutes ago, auroredawn said:

Concerning this line, I think it is very wishful thinking about YJ's character. She does not seem to be someone who would do such a thing. That would be an amazing twist if it were true. Hiding Anna seemed to more selfish reason than anything else. It was the way to control SJ. As long she had Anna, and he believed that she could hurt her, YJ had the upper hand. Anna was just  a mere tool to control her husband, or if we are going by the opening sequence of the show, a pawn in their chess game.

And the same opening sequence was clear that JH was not there to support anyone in their game of chess. He studied the game and then wiped it out to free his Anna.

Totally agree about the wishful thinking. YJ has made it clear plenty of time. Anna was used to control SJ. If not for that purpose Anna too would have died that night.

1 hour ago, auroredawn said:
1 hour ago, siddo said:

I think it boils down to perception and interpretation/reality.

She was hidden because of her illegitimate status, but she was imprisoned because she was deprived of her freedom. Hiding her might have been YJ's intention, but the reality was was different for Anna. I might put my hand on your mouth to stop you from screaming, but I might suffocate you in the process. 

Intention -- Stop you from screaming (hiding Anna)

Reality/Interpretation -- You're suffocating me (Anna being/feeling imprisoned).

My two cents.

i have to agree being hidden by force is the same as being imprisoned

as i said they did't tell us everything about YJ past ,and JH and even SJ 

( did we ever see YJ father treat his daughter wrong , it was all her talking and from the step mom talk it was YJ fault but we choice to trust YJ that she really has suffer a lot  from her father )

the writer do that to every characters he gave hints and a little information and you have to get the picture from that 

just see how it was on Korea she forced to live in a house full of camera ( even in bathroom and her room ) and not allow to step one step outside the house without YJ order , so is the fact that she make her live in a good house and make maid do everything's to hear like a really little lady make any different that she was in prison there

ANNA lived in church in Spain  , she lived the live of NUN , no more , she get to read and may even gave her the best education but it was the same as Korea always watched and never allow to go out or talk to anyone outside the people who in charge of her ( that not my thinking that what from all the information they gave so far as i explain before and as we talked about so many pages )

so living in place by force and not be allow to move without or get out and even more no talking with outsider is prison and more ANNA was having problem from believing that she killed her mother and they didn't gave her any treatment more worst you saw yourself that YJ wanted her to stay on her phobia and still thinking that she kill her mother - the scene on the hospital YJ said clearly to ANNA " your mother die cause you gave her that pills " and we know now that wasn't true ,

so that not just make YJ has force ANNA to be just imprisoned  in places she even make her imprisoned in her mind and that abusing 

YJ didn't gave ANNA any treatment all this years cause she didnt want her to remember what really happen that night , and even when she try to kill herself with the ice cream and the doctor said to YJ she need to see doctor YJ didn't care and tell them to just watch her and not allow her to do that again ( so she just needed her a live and didn't care how she living or suffering) 

i am not saying that to make YJ more evil ( i don't care about more or less evil now ) , i am explain that as human , as my friend her said being  force to live even in places don't change the fact that you living on prison and mental abusing ( i refuse that in  really life too , there many people who facing abusing everyday but no one understand that since they don't get hits or cause they living on rich life , but mental force and abusing is the worse even id you gave everything also as exchange , ANNA maybe live a life in church where they gave here everything's but they take from her freedom , childhood , normal life , she didn't live all the age that she should lived and never get any professional help for her  trauma )

it the same with YJ , why we know and understand her pain even when she did all this evil things , her  father gave her everything, he was raising her to be heir he send her to best school and she even want oversea to study ( we all know that from SONG and YJ talking ) and she was raised in rich family and have everything's , and never was living in prison or anyone dear to even hit her ( she said herself SJ was the first who ever dear to hit her ) , so from outside she had everything's , she shouldn't act as a victim to her father when he gave her all that, but did that change that she was raised without love , that she was suffering cause her father cheating on her mother , or the fact that he made her have complex no it don't change why cause mental abusing is still here , and it worse from anythings also ( did her father needed to blame till now from YJ and from me and from so many other even when we didn't see what he really did and ANNA need the writer to explain every detail to get that she was living in prison or was being force out of the any normal life or connection , i don't care why YJ father did what he did in the end of the day he didn't see his daughter problem and thought that he gave her everything's )

i don't allow any of that  or say it may has his his reasons no matter who has to face that kind of pain  , YJ is evil in my eyes , she shouldn't do all that evil things in the name of her pain or how she was victim once , but that dont make me deny that she really was victim once and make me say that even when she lived a life of  wealth and power all her life before her marriage she still was victim of mental trauma as child and she never get over it ( that again don't make her allowed to do all what she doing but make me hate her father as much i hated her for what she did to ANNA)

so if you can see as me that YJ who was raised with everything was still was living in suffering and was victim to her father acting ( let forget about SJ) then you can get that ANNA who more worse from YJ wasn't allow to see the world or go to school or have normal life like YJ was living in prison and was being abusing by YJ even if she did that to protect her or for any other reason , but in the end of the day  make ANNA living in prison and mental one too 

as i said i really want to see more about ANNA life in this 14 years  but not cause i want to be sure if she was living in prison or not that we get answer to it , as i said the writer did that to everyone in this drama not just ANNA it his style to not explain everything words by words but all we know about YJ suffer was from some words here and there ( most was her own words) but even when we hate her we choice to trust her words about her pain we was just not  allowing that to pity her evil acting now but just to pity the past YJ who had to face that , in ANNA cause we know most of the information about how she lived and how she was in prison life even with everything gave to her ( just things no feeling and no people ) we all know that not from ANNA but from so many people ( J4 and MAID and SONG and even YJ ) they know better then us how she lived since they was with her on that and watching her 

that not my thoughts that fact , everything is the same with ANNA and YJ past the writer gave information ,he made us see how they was having order to not allow ANNA out on Korea and how she lived in that pretty house but was living like prison so the writer know we get the picture that it the same how it was before too and J4 talking proved that 

and after all the writer like using hints he not the kind of explain everything i even was one of the people who gave YJ so many reason in the first half of the drama , i even write who she may be victim and maybe she really have another feeling for ANNA ( trust i was making SJ the monster and YJ the victim and even i said maybe she care for ANNA  for 6 weeks - okay he still monster but YJ too found not less then him ) but with every ep they gave us more information and we know now that not true  ,

as you see from my post i hate YJ evil doing now but i am still feel her pain in the past , i admit her suffer and even told you I hate any father who made her like this even when i didnt see anything to prove that , it not ANNA or YJ it the fact that abusing and forcing is not allowed , and no matter what you gave people if you take from them freedom it the end of the deal , 

i hope people see that too , that as much as they get someone pain to get other , I love ANNA and hate YJ but i never go and say that YJ was born as pure evil , i can deny any pain in her past as we didnt really see that or have prove about that more then YJ talking all the time and since i hate her it easy to say that i dont understand her pain or trust it , but no i don't i feel her past pain , i understand that and i am not afraid to admit any plot the writer choice to make me pity her cause i know that don't change the fact that i hate her cause she dont gave any value to other pain and life cause she can order killing people without second thought , so i can see her in pain and pity her , i can hear about her past and understand it  and even cry for her and admit that she had suffers a lot i don't mind if they choice even to prove that she suffered more then ANNA , cause that will be fact and that will not change the fact that the moment she choice to be the one who make victims she stooped being victim ( with ANNA or anyone also ) and that dont deny her past suffering or present suffering but dont gave me understand to her evil doing too 

p.s. CYA said herself on the interview before the drama start  airing ( they was already finished filming ep 1-2 and in the middle of filming eo 3-5 and had interview on the site  )  and CYA said that YJ characters is very ambitious and that she can do anything for her goal and that she had always  saw  ANNA as threat to her perfect world and want to get ride of her ( i dont think that we all understand YJ more then CYA who really good at understanding her characters and who read what the writer write about his plan to the characters plot ) I know 

just note it my long post not to prove anything or trying to change what you think (  i never write for that ) i just answer your thoughts as i do with everyone if i agree or don't agree with them and you have the right to not agree and still have another view ( that the fun being here after all ) 

« No country for Choi Yoo Jin »

It became too painful to watch the raw episodes then the subbed ones since its a double disappointment. Its such a naive way of thinking to only see Choi Yoo Jin as a bad person, in my opinion, she is the true essence of a humain being, complexe and twisted, Choi Yoo Jin is capable of atrocious actions (although i still believe she didnt kill Anna’s mother) but also capable of great and unconditional love (at least toward Kim Jeha). However, as there must be consequences for her wrong doings, there should be rewards for her good deeds too, isnt it what we call i « justice »? But sadly, there is no justice for Choi Yoo Jin , people are judging her forgetting themselves.I am specially mad at Jeha who thinks he is morally above her and thats wrong ; he is no saint (killing people in iraq is no good thing) , if only he showed at least some compassion  toward Choi Yoo Jin i could have some peace in my heart, because his words about cuddling proove he was aware of HER feelings and he played all along in the early episodes until anna showed up!
At this point, and knowing how the pdnim thinks ( what an idiot for throwing under the bus the only person who is keeping his messy drama alive), my only wish is that Choi Yoo Jin crash them all and Kim Jeha dies in her arms aknoxladging her heart and regretting all the heartful things he said to her ( for me Jeha slapped Choi Yoo Jin just like her husband did but with words).

Choi Yoo Jin will be forever the synonyme of lost justice and  Kim Jeha the ultimate betrayal (i could care less about the other characters)!

If only we could have a story a la « OH Hye Won » of SLA who went to jail but at least she got the love of her musician boy. What a shame !

1 hour ago, siddo said:

To my fellow YJ fans,

Honestly, I haven't watched the episode 14 yet because of the recap. I am a little disappointed with the evolution of YJ because I felt from the episode 13 the writer had stopped making YJ more vulnerable. Therefore I am waiting for the last two episodes. Your ending sounds great to me. YJ dies in order to save JH would be a good closure.

22 minutes ago, nona88 said:

i have to agree being hidden by force is the same as being imprisoned

as i said they did't tell us everything about YJ past ,and JH and even SJ 

( did we ever see YJ father treat his daughter wrong , it was all her talking and from the step mom talk it was YJ fault but we choice to trust YJ that she really has suffer a lot  from her father )

the writer do that to every characters he gave hints and a little information and you have to get the picture from that 

just see how it was on Korea she forced to live in a house full of camera ( even in bathroom and her room ) and not allow to step one step outside the house without YJ order , so is the fact that she make her live in a good house and make maid do everything's to hear like a really little lady make any different that she was in prison there

ANNA lived in church in Spain  , she lived the live of NUN , no more , she get to read and may even gave her the best education but it was the same as Korea always watched and never allow to go out or talk to anyone outside the people who in charge of her ( that not my thinking that what from all the information they gave so far as i explain before and as we talked about so many pages )

so living in place by force and not be allow to move without or get out and even more no talking with outsider is prison and more ANNA was having problem from believing that she killed her mother and they didn't gave her any treatment more worst you saw yourself that YJ wanted her to stay on her phobia and still thinking that she kill her mother - the scene on the hospital YJ said clearly to ANNA " your mother die cause you gave her that pills " and we know now that wasn't true ,

so that not just make YJ has force ANNA to be just imprisoned  in places she even make her imprisoned in her mind and that abusing 

YJ didn't gave ANNA any treatment all this years cause she didnt want her to remember what really happen that night , and even when she try to kill herself with the ice cream and the doctor said to YJ she need to see doctor YJ didn't care and tell them to just watch her and not allow her to do that again ( so she just needed her a live and didn't care how she living or suffering) 

i am not saying that to make YJ more evil ( i don't care about more or less evil now ) , i am explain that as human , as my friend her said being  force to live even in places don't change the fact that you living on prison and mental abusing ( i refuse that in  really life too , there many people who facing abusing everyday but no one understand that since they don't get hits or cause they living on rich life , but mental force and abusing is the worse even id you gave everything also as exchange , ANNA maybe live a life in church where they gave here everything's but they take from her freedom , childhood , normal life , she didn't live all the age that she should lived and never get any professional help for her  trauma )

it the same with YJ , why we know and understand her pain even when she did all this evil things , her  father gave her everything, he was raising her to be heir he send her to best school and she even want oversea to study ( we all know that from SONG and YJ talking ) and she was raised in rich family and have everything's , and never was living in prison or anyone dear to even hit her ( she said herself SJ was the first who ever dear to hit her ) , so from outside she had everything's , she shouldn't act as a victim to her father when he gave her all that, but did that change that she was raised without love , that she was suffering cause her father cheating on her mother , or the fact that he made her have complex no it don't change why cause mental abusing is still here , and it worse from anythings also ( did her father needed to blame till now from YJ and from me and from so many other even when we didn't see what he really did and ANNA need the writer to explain every detail to get that she was living in prison or was being force out of the any normal life or connection , i don't care why YJ father did what he did in the end of the day he didn't see his daughter problem and thought that he gave her everything's )

i don't allow or say it has his reason no matter who has to face that , YJ is evil in my eyes , she shouldn't do all that evil things in the name of her pain or how she was victim once , but that dont make me deny that she really was victim once and make me say that even when she lived a life of  wealth and power all her life before her marriage she still was victim of mental trauma as child and she never get over it ( that again don't make her allowed to do all what she doing but make me hate her father as much i hated her for what she did to ANNA)

so if you can see as me that YJ who was raised with everything was still was living in suffering and was victim to her father acting ( let forget about SJ) then you can get that ANNA who more worse from YJ wasn't allow to see the world or go to school or have normal life like YJ was living in prison and was being abusing by YJ even if she did that to protect her or for any other reason , but in the end of the day  make ANNA living in prison and mental one too 

as i said i really want to see more about ANNA life in this 14 years  but not cause i want to be sure if she was living in prison or not that we get answer to it , as i said the writer did that to everyone in this drama not just ANNA it his style to not explain everything words by words but all we know about YJ suffer was from some words here and there ( most was her own words) but even when we hate her we choice to trust her words about her pain we was just not  allowing that to pity her evil acting now but just to pity the past YJ who had to face that , in ANNA cause we know most of the information about how she lived and how she was in prison life even with everything gave to her ( just things no feeling and no people ) we all know that not from ANNA but from so many people ( J4 and MAID and SONG and even YJ ) they know better then us how she lived since they was with her on that and watching her 

that not my thoughts that fact , everything is the same with ANNA and YJ past the writer gave information ,he made us see how they was having order to not allow ANNA out on Korea and how she lived in that pretty house but was living like prison so the writer know we get the picture that it the same how it was before too and J4 talking proved that 

and after all the writer like using hints he not the kind of explain everything i even was one of the people who gave YJ so many reason in the first half of the drama , i even write who she may be victim and maybe she really have another feeling for ANNA ( trust i was making SJ the monster and YJ the victim and even i said maybe she care for ANNA  for 6 weeks - okay he still monster but YJ too found not less then him ) but with every ep they gave us more information and we know now that not true  ,

as you see from my post i hate YJ evil doing now but i am still feel her pain in the past , i admit her suffer and even told you I hate any father who made her like this even when i didnt see anything to prove that , it not ANNA or YJ it the fact that abusing and forcing is not allowed , and no matter what you gave people if you take from them freedom it the end of the deal , 

i hope people see that too , that as much as they get someone pain to get other , I love ANNA and hate YJ but i never go and say that YJ was born as pure evil , i can deny any pain in her past as we didnt really see that or have prove about that more then YJ talking all the time , but no i don't i feel her past pain , i understand that and i am not afraid to admit any plot the writer choice to make me pity her cause i know that don't change the fact that i hate her cause she dont gave any value to other pain and life cause she can order killing people without second thought , so i can see her in pain and pity her , i can her about her past and understand it and admit that she had suffers a lot i don't mind if they choice even to prove that she suffered more then ANNA , cause that will be fact and that will not change the fact that the moment she choice to be the one who make victims she stooped being victim ( with ANNA or anyone also ) and that dont deny her past suffering or present suffering but dont gave me understand to her evil doing too 

p.s. CYA said herself on the interview before the drama start  airing ( they was already finished filming ep 1-2 and in the middle of filming eo 3-5 and had interview on the site  )  and CYA said that YJ characters is very ambitious and that she can do anything for her goal and that she had always  saw  ANNA as threat to her perfect world and want to get ride of her ( i dont think that we all understand YJ more then CYA who really good at understanding her characters and who read what the writer write about his plan to the characters plot ) I know 

just note it my long post not to prove anything or trying to change what you think (  i never write for that ) i just answer your thoughts as i do with everyone if i agree or don't agree with them and you have the right to not agree and still have another view ( that the fun being here after all ) 

@nona88

Thank you for your long post. I enjoyed reading it. :grin:

2 hours ago, siddo said:

To my fellow YJ fans,

Mirror should pull a HAL and release all incriminating info on everyone. Then implode itself taking JSS and anyone in this drama with a "J" in their name with it, leaving Anna to limp her way to the nearest daily drama, using this one as her tragic backstory.

1 hour ago, lamylamy said:

« No country for Choi Yoo Jin »

It became too painful to watch the raw episodes then the subbed ones since its a double disappointment. Its such a naive way of thinking to only see Choi Yoo Jin as a bad person, in my opinion, she is the true essence of a humain being, complexe and twisted, Choi Yoo Jin is capable of atrocious actions (although i still believe she didnt kill Anna’s mother) but also capable of great and unconditional love (at least toward Kim Jeha). However, as there must be consequences for her wrong doings, there should be rewards for her good deeds too, isnt it what we call i « justice »? But sadly, there is no justice for Choi Yoo Jin , people are judging her forgetting themselves.I am specially mad at Jeha who thinks he is morally above her and thats wrong ; he is no saint (killing people in iraq is no good thing) , if only he showed at least some compassion  toward Choi Yoo Jin i could have some peace in my heart, because his words about cuddling proove he was aware of HER feelings and he played all along in the early episodes until anna showed up!
At this point, and knowing how the pdnim thinks ( what an idiot for throwing under the bus the only person who is keeping his messy drama alive), my only wish is that Choi Yoo Jin crash them all and Kim Jeha dies in her arms aknoxladging her heart and regretting all the heartful things he said to her ( for me Jeha slapped Choi Yoo Jin just like her husband did but with words).

Choi Yoo Jin will be forever the synonyme of lost justice and  Kim Jeha the ultimate betrayal (i could care less about the other characters)!

If only we could have a story a la « OH Hye Won » of SLA who went to jail but at least she got the love of her musician boy. What a shame !

okay dear i have to not agree with you 

JH never think he more better he still suffering till  now for what he did in the past 

he not cant stand seeing innocent people in danger cause his past guilt

as you said every wrong has his price when JH was killing for money he has to face the price of seeing his lover get killed by his fellow solider for the same reason ( cause someone pay to them ) that was JH biggest pain not just losing his love but the feeling of guilt she was innocent and pay the price of dirty power people who didnt care for any life and was killed by people like him who lose their moral and now works for money  ( he pay for his wrong doing and still paying till now and he also should be reward for his good doing too as you said yourself and not just be harsh on him about his bad side right ? it the same for him as YJ , you cant ask that for her and in the same time attacking JH for his wrong doing taken any right from him to act now beside of his good feeling for the women he love )

JH not hero and never act as a hero , he face the price of his wrong doing and still suffering till now , that why now he cant accept hurting innocent people  

JH gave YJ more then chance , he tell her more then once he will not stand  and be okay if she go and hurt innocent people and more around him , he trust her as someone who keep promise but she didnt 

he hear her planing to send ANNA away and gave the order to kill J4 , k1 AND the maid even after he made it clear to her that he will not allow that before and he will not stand and do nothing if she do that again ( so he didnt betray her he gave her warning more then once )

talking about justice dear JH had  just said few harsh words to YJ and use USB not to destroy her but to buy his freedom with ANNA he want to take ANNA with him and leave , YJ was never going to allow that even when that she will solve ANNA problem since JH promise to stop ANNA from stand on YJ road

JH trust YJ and tell her all what he want , even when she gave him PARK head he make it clear he doing that on exchange of ANNA protection so she know how he love her 

she love him and  help him that may be right but no matter how she love him taken the women he love from him , making trick and plan behind his back ( and make sure he will not know ) and gave order to do everything he asked her to not do that what the meaning of betrayal for any person

if you read few page back you will find my post explain that what YJ did to JH is the same what KIM did to YJ , even when KIM was doing everything for YJ cause she care for , YJ still see her trying to take JH from her as betraying and even tell her she will kill her if she do that again even when KIM did so many things to her all this years but you and me and everyone see that what KIM did was not love but obsession and betraying to YJ trust and JH had gave YJ more then one warning to not touch ANNA or K1  or J4 but she still again and again try to get ride of them so he saying that words to hear was nothing if it was YJ she was going to kill someone who do that to her no matter what he did to her in the past 

YJ said many harsh words to ANNA before , she even was abusing her with her mother death and keep telling a child who has trauma that your mother die cause of you ,  if that true or not the fact that she was saying that to her face was like step her heart and her weakest spot and  let say that it the same what JH did 

SO how can you understand that she still allowed to do that before many times with many people but still can understand her and her reasons with clam mind ( i do too )  but cant understand JH or anyone also who  say the same harsh words to her even after they have so many reasons( that not justice dear , justice is to see everyone pain in the same way if you hate or love them  )

JH hurt YJ i dont deny that , but as much as YJ  broke KIM heart who was with her and did so many things to her all this years just cause she  hurt the man YJ love , so JH has the same right when YJ touch and hurt  the women he love( as you see i didnt talk about the killing or other evil things YJ did cause i want to answer you  in the same point of what the meaning of betraying someone )

if JH even can trust YJ to let him go after he finsh his mission and let him and ANNA leave he wasn't going to do that , but YJ will not do that cause the same reason that she has feeling for JH , you said that if she do good  she should be reward,  yes i agree , that why JH save her life more then once ,help her more then once and trust her words more then once but he cant be forced to love her , she the one who wanted more and she the one who start playing behind his back cause she dont want to share him with anyone and that not JH fault if he want to be with the person he love , 

he gave so many , he saved her life even when she was after his life and was his enemy , he has his moral and didn't let her die in that car even when he have reason to leave her and run ( did he loved her back then no he was hating her back then and she want to take his life and even the old couple life but he never let people die even if that will risk his life that the road he choice after what happen with his past love )  , but he didn't , YJ loved him cause he like that ,cause he different cause he didn't abounded her even when she was his enemy,  but still she didn't understand that the same man who did that will never allow or be a part of harming or killing innocent people and still she  want to keep him beside her even when she still doing all what he hate moreover she doing that to the people he love  , he made deal with her and was clear after i finsh  PARK i am leaving and i dont the power or the money or the work you offer me , but she was the one who want more and didnt want to let him go that why she want to send ANNA away even when she no longer danger to her . 

chingus annyeong haseyo.  it has been awhile.  i have been quietly lurking into this thread and I thought this would be an opportune time to share my thoughts on some comments posted in this thread perhaps you may want to consider my point of view.  you may not agree with it and let's leave it at that.  i recognize differences in opinion and let's respectfully agree to disagree, okay?  Honestly I need an outlet with recent turn of events in my country ... I'm sure you've heard.

@nona88

about the fact that she was in prison

Spoiler

we don't know anything , i really wanted from the writer to show us or at least to make someone talk about it  but i guess the chance is low now , all we know that she didn't go to school and never had teacher , but they gave her books and other things and i think cause she was acting that she has social phobia  cause she didn't want to trust or connect with her kidnapper , it was hard to imaging she has even one person to teach her beside the nun so i think she was get to read many book as she was alone all the times and they gave her that and she was getting teaching prayer and everything that nun need to know from the nun ( by the way the nun get to learn about many things beside prayer , they should know about life and they get that right to read  other books ) and from the rooftop room it look it has the things that ANNA was having when she was in Spain , since even her family photo was there ( and you can see how much books was there and old computer so she get that but i don't think she was having network , i think they were gave her what will make help her spend times alone )

hope i helped with my answer , i know that cause  we talked about that a lot  here we was  after any detail to know what happen , but as you said there so many we dont know about ANNA life for this 14 years and  i don't know if the writer planing to explain more then what we get till now ( i get that he like the watcher understand the story from the hints he gave since he using that not only on ANNA but on YJ and JH and so many characters , that why  we really don't know their full pasts , we just understand and guess what their life line were  from the hints and unfull story the writer gave:smirk: and that why everyone keep guessing so many different things about YJ , JH ,ANNA and SJ cause we don't know their full story and all they gave us is hints and some information that  may be explaining in different ways ) 

Spoiler

Me => This seems to be a missing link and vital backstory that explains Anna's character.  And this has been my frustration with the writer that rather than spend air time on other scenes why not focus on the essentials.  We just don't know what's going on in the backend as the writer develops the story.  If you've watched Lord of Dramas, you will see how the producers influence how script should be written maybe because of demands of viewers or things like product placement ... ehem, ehem ... hello subway ... at the end of the day, they need to recoup investments, they are putting on the business hat first and foremost.  i feel that there are some scenes that the drama can do away with as the main plot can stand alone without it.  IMO, the writer should have focused on the root cause of Anna's social phobia and why she wants to run away.  I would ask why does she desperately want to run away?  And this is where the viewers would make assumptions that she may have been abused to substantiate her characterization but that was not well established in the story.  In my view I ask if the nuns were mean and abused her because it doesn't make sense.  Maybe if Anna was thrown into foster care and she was physically abused then that would explain it better but in my mind I think the convent would have been a safe place for her.  And with 2 more episodes left, I am still not clear with this back story and I wonder how they can segue this without disrupting the momentum.

@YourHighness .

Spoiler

Actually it was not my fault, because you suddenly came gun blazing, shouting that our posts, questioning the moral of YJ fans who defend her every action was a new low to the comments. Did I or anyone point you out or specify you before or during our discussion? When I said them did I say you or the YJ fans here? Then why would you claim or judge our discussion was a new low in the topic? You are the one who jumped to conclusion and got all offended over something that was not even about you. It looked like you dissed our discussion just because it was again a few YJ fans. 

Actually you did order, you clearly wrote, go share your thoughts/posts over there where the discussion is. No need to share them here. That is not a request. That is telling me what to do. And just because I wrote some does not mean the some are here. Again you jumped to conclusion without bothering to ask me if I meant you or the fans here on soompi.

Why would anyone just assume it's about them? Were you ones of the people who made some comments on JH or Anna? Then why did you get so offended?

The niece comment, did you not see the spoiler tag above it where the first part of my comment was written? Why would you just assume it was about you?

You generalized all YJ fans when you assumed I meant all YJ fans when I clearly said some. So the generalization was not from my side but yours. Maybe by mistake but still from yours. :)

Well anyway, good that everything is all cleared up now.

I've noticed that too(been browsing some couple and show threads). Funnily enough most of the YJ-JH fans were Healer couple fans who preferred him with an older woman than a younger beautiful one like Yoona. I even saw how they only shared bad reviews of the show and of the characters instead of giving and showing him support. I thought it was pretty childish but everyone fangirls their own way. If it makes them happy, so be it. Hating on his new show or the new co star or the new pairing will not help any couple. What's meant to be is meant to be. 

God, NOT AGAIN. Please read our posts properly. I, NOR Bambina  said that ALL the haters are Healer couple fans. Though you can't deny that that topic is filled with hate/mocking for the show and Yoona and JCW. I myself read it but I still don't believe EVERYONE in that topic hates TheK2/JeHanna and Yoona. We are not the one who are prejudiced or looking for scapegoat. Can't we make observation or comments without being jumped on and attacked.

That is awesome then why the baseless rumors of the drama being a failure? Looks like haters are at work here.

Me => Hello my wooksoo compatriot ... our ship has sunk ... huhu ... I am a big healer and JCW fan and there must have been a misunderstanding ... i have known my healer/JCW family for 2 years now and we have been all supportive of JCW projects.  I even traveled to Osaka for his concert, SK to see The Days 5 times and LA to attend the Konus launch party.  We NEVER mock JCW nor any of his leading ladies.  Hate is not in our vocabulary and we thrive on everything positive. However, we are also entitled to say our piece and in K2's case, it was the script that brought so much criticism to the drama.  I am aware that no drama is perfect and I typically let these minor imperfections pass however if you have many lose ends, more questions, many sub stories and deviations, poor character development, some scenes similar to Yong Pal, Healer, City Hunter and may I also add DOTS and this brings us to question the writer's originality and creativity (and going back to my point earlier could be producers meddling with material for the script).  Up until now we blame Song Ji Na (in a loving way) for raising the bar of what a good drama should be and as a result we have been more picky with the dramas we watch.  After being deprived of wookie korean drama for almost 2 years, we were looking up to K2 with high expectations and unfortunately (I will speak for myself), it did not give me the same level of satisfaction as Healer.  Perhaps if I didn't watch Healer then this may be good enough for me.  I opted to stay out of this thread and not belabor the obvious but I had to delurk to clarify misconceptions.  Peace!  :) 

@ashvaugn

Spoiler

Yes indeed, It's not a failure like what others presented them to be.. 4-6% is already considered a hit.. and they have been no.1 in the timeslot.. maybe if people stop comparing them to other dramas like signal and r88, these dramas are of different genre with K2, different people will have different response on dramas. 

For some who is disappointed for JCW , like c'mon maybe try to lower your expectations.. I am sure JCW is happy with the result of his comeback drama, this drama was well received in Korea than healer., and for them the reception of korean audience is what make a drama successful..According to his recent interview, the producers are happy with the outcome and so is he. Plus,he is more recognized now in Korea.. and even gotten bigger in asia as evidenced by his latest Lotte endorsement.. so JCW fans just be happy for him.. I know I am.. :))) 

Me => agree it is not a total failure but one thing to note though that after it peaked at episode 6 at 6%, then it was trending south (with Saturday broadcast doing better than Fridays).  For those who know JCW, he sees himself as an actor more than a celebrity.  Wonder why despite of his hectic schedule, he still signed up for The Days?  He loves acting and along with it comes good material.  So naturally we would have high expectations as he had a good track record of his performances on TV and on stage.  After 2 years we have been highly anticipating this comeback and have high expectations.  And we are more ecstatic that he is getting more recognition in his own country.  Genre aside, the comparison to Signal and R88 is more on the storyline.  These two dramas have solid script - cohesive, focused on the plot, simple and not complicated.  The audience was able to empathize and relate with the characters better IMO.  To me, I would consider a writer successful if he/she is able to make characters lovable as if they are family or your friend.  That is the big difference between these dramas and K2.  As for producers and wooks being happy with the outcome, we can't tell for sure.  The biggest question is have they recovered all the money invested in the drama.  Yes, you get relatively high ratings but how does that translate to financials that's why wooks is also pressured to deliver ratings even higher than 6% more so that TVN disclosed he is the highest paid actor.  Wooks talent fee + barcelona trip + equipment to record those action scenes among others would add up to high budget for this drama.  I take my hat off to Wookie's talents, he never fails to give his best to acting.  I would say the same for SYA, KKS, CJS, LJJ.  

@siddo

Spoiler

@anipanch. Indeed true. The writing is flawed. Till now I was waiting to know of Anna’s past 14 years, I was hoping to get glimpse/hint of it. But seems like the writer has left it to the audience’s imagination. And the audience here have assumed she was ‘imprisoned’ not hidden. There is a lot of difference in both words. 

Like miriamdream2 so acutely pointed out that ‘How was Anna able to find the subway station in Spain? I too have similar questions. Like, how did she know the way to subway station, how did she run towards it in that direction? How did she had those coins( I bet those are Spanish euro coins)? How was she able to talk in Spanish with the  lady ticket giver (did she learn Spanish there)? And most importantly how did she knew that her retard father was in Spain ( Madrid) that time & she asked JH to take her to him. An imprisoned person from 9 yr to 23yrs will not certainly not know about all these things. That makes me wonder was she really imprisoned or just kept hidden from public, just not let to interact with anyone. Even the show's synopsis says ‘the hidden daughter of President’.  Her Spanish speaking made me wonder whether she learned Spanish there all this years. Also was she given any education in private, was she given to play, learn, to watch TV, news and all other things a normal person has done or do in a private space.  Then how did she guessed the direction of the road, finding the subway station on her own,  how else she came to know about her dad other than news?

The writer hasn't said/ showed anything of it yet. I know it's 16 episode series but he could have shown at least something of Anna’s 14 yrs? I don’t even think he has plan to reveal or show something about the same to the audience. Only 2 episodes are left and that itself are going to be messier.

Me => I share your sentiments.  I almost feel that the story was half baked.  What did Anna do in the 14 years she was in Barcelona?  If this has been articulated early on then it would've given a better foundation to the story.

@Bambiina

Spoiler

Please take note my comment is about my friends (a few of them).

One of the reasons they fall for YJ character is because they don’t like Yoona. To them Yoona can’t act (may be they still remember Love Rain – Yoona first drama). They think JCW level is way above Yoona and she is not the right candidate for JCW. I consider them as anti-fans – and they are proud to be anti-fans (We are still friend hehehe). I believe if the actress is not Yoona – the response would be different. 

Another reason they don’t like Anna is because they keep on comparing JCW-PMY chemistry. They feel Anna is not as feisty as Young Shin in Healer. Some have sentimental feeling toward JCW-PMY pairing, to see JCW paired up with another actress is a bit too hard to digest, they rather see him with an older actress than a younger one (what more when the older actress is more skillful and awesome).

Anyway not all Jejin Shipper fall under the above category..  I know … Some don’t even know Yoona and JCW before K2 … 

But personally I feel majority that don’t like Anna is because the reasons I stated above (please don’t be offended if you don’t fall in this category).

K2 is not healer or empress ki … That’s the problem when an Actor is so good and ppl see him as the character … it’s hard for him to break free from the expectation.

Je Ha, Seo Jung Ho and Toghon Temur are three different characters … they can’t and won’t be the same … each one has their own flaws 

Don’t throw tomatoes to me –  that is what my friends told me (why they hate Anna).

The plot itself is the biggest flaw .. I hate to say this .. I am quite dissappointed with the plot.. writing and directing... I don't get the 'live and death' feel .. I don't feel the 'seriousness' of the situation .. all those threat YJ made was just empty threat .. no value .. I don't feel that 'dangerous' or that edgy feel...  The biggest failure is when they cannot established whether YJ character should be hate or not .. and that bordering feeling between hate/like YJ which causing some to feel frustrated toward JH ... that the reason most writer stick to the conventional plot .. distinguish between evil and good character... 

I am not good in expressingy thought .. huhu .. I feel that the focus of the story has been divided between 3 main character and 16 episode is just not enough ... 

Anyway I think K2 is not a total failure .. the ratings are good .. it is always the 1st place in ranking (between other drama on the same slot)

Anyway .. Healer rating was also not as good as it should be .. tough luck... JCW poor you .. If I am not mistaken the average rating didn't reach 2 digit .. it was less than 10% (which is very low at that time).

I am still scratching my head .. what went wrong ..

Anyway .. I am normally not this serious .. :D .. K2 made me this way .. wahaha..

Personally I think the rating is great ..  even the rerun got better rating than some of the drama on normal slot (3 to 4% rating for rerun is BIG achievemenr on cable TV) 

To be honest .. I hate ep 5 and 6 .. which caused the confusion .. I think ep 5 and 6 the reason for this messed up .. wahaha..but it's crucial scene that made YJ knees became all jelly .. :D and that drive the plot forward ..

Me => chinggu, i would like to say I always see substance in your POV.  As for Yoona acting, it's a matter of relativity.  I've watched her other dramas and even if others think she can't act in those dramas I think she was okay but I wouldn't rave about it or criticize it.   However in K2, she was pitting her talents against seasoned actors.   The underdeveloped Anna character was not helping her either.  One reason why scenes between Jeha and YJ become talk of town is because of their chemistry which unfortunately misled fans into thinking there is a loveline between them.  Maybe if you have another actress portraying YJ role, I would not see the disparity in talents.  Maybe K2 is not the drama that would elevate her acting abilities and perhaps she can learn from it.  With good material and direction she may be better in the future.  There is hope.  Case in point, and this is OT, I didn't expect IU to deliver her role in MLSHR because of harsh criticisms from netizens but she won me over and exceeded my expectations. 

@meh2222

Spoiler

Okay. I haven't watched the Reply 1998 but I watched Signal. But I believe plot-wise, these two shows are way ahead of TheK2. That is why I was not really expecting a high ratings for TheK2. Signal from the very beginning has established a clear foundation of the plot while TheK2 has failed to established that ground in the first half of the episodes and we are even still left to wonder with so many things now in the recent episodes. There are so many factors that are left to be considered. There are so many things that we are left to assume. So many characters are involved. So many conflicts are needed to be resolved. Jeha's past is unclear. Anna's past is unclear. YJ's past is unclear. We only know the GIST and the POINT of their past. (And JehAnna shippers like me are deprived of romantic scenes hahahahahahaha) And yet we ONLY have 16 episodes

Me => same as Nona888 and siddo's point.  At least I am not alone.

Archived