[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

@reemknabta yeah that was what I meant.

anyway, all these talk about Jeha protecting Anna is kind of nice but I find it weird he doesn't offer anything other than physically stop her and question her at occasions. He knows what Anna is after, but you don't see him analyzing or investigating the situation in depth with her except questioning her with a few simple questions about what she thinks. He doesn't think it's YJ and says it to Anna but doesn't help her find the truth. So Anna has no choice but continue to look to uncle who is providing more info and investigation. I see people saying Anna shouldn't trust uncle, but so far no one has helped her with any investigations except him, so I can see why she chooses to take what he gives. Btw, while she was at the parlor and prison what was he doing? He wasn't with YuJin either.

Honestly, I think the writer does a pretty bad job in developing the relationship between Anna and Jeha. The relationship between Jeha and YJ is clearer as he isn't there for her to do anything so any interaction is always antagonistic. But with Anna, he wants to love but seems limited to physical tasks as expression of love?

Basically, I'm not shipping either pair lol. I find Jeha-YJ creepy and I think jehanna lacking development. Though chapter 12 ending was unexpected, I think writer has already wrecked the whole drama. If the drama was about K2, I think it's more about YJ to be truthful. 

Going to make a guess early for the end. My guess is Jeha will cure his PSTD by killing YJ himself. I was guessing between him being able to kill PGS but that chance is over so likely to be YJ. He may actually "die" too in doing so. Anna will leave for Spain as she can't stay in Korea. SJ is ruined and loses everything. A happy ending for YJ is impossible, after all this is Kdrama. If she isn't killed, she will go mad or something. if in fairytale style, Jeha may miraculously reappear in Spain?

anyway, 4 more episodes and that's it.

ps, the scene where YJ zoomed into Jeha was epically funny but also hairstanding. She was fangirling... but yeah i wasn't puking rainbows

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eva23 said:

this is me too.. I am sulks mod now.. :bawling: 

I haven't watch full episode of ep 12. just watch the clip of my otp scenes that makes me more sulker :bawling::bawling:

wwwaaaeeeeeeeeee.. I can't watch this kind of stress drama... I just want my happy drama with lil bit thinking of the problem.. don't get my life more depressed please.. writernim.. I am demand you my otp an happy and lovely scenes only.. even they fight.. fight with good thing.. just not separated them..

but somehow.. its said "separated can makes love more stronger". right? but I hate it..:bawling:

you are not the only one. I have only watched the full ep 12 once and i wont watch it again until i get ep 13.

I have been putting only ep 11 on repeat. Just my otp and more confusion of the drama is making my head and heart ache.

done watching ep 12 with sub! woah! this ep is full of angst! lol so many bad people in this drama.,,indeed YJ and SW have the same blood. hahahha i wonder what does master song means? AN so prettyyyyyy :wub: and JH so hot!! :wub: no wonder ajumma was fangirling. i know ajumma i know, i feel you. it should have been nice if secretary kim likes jeha too, so they could fangirl together. hahaha just kidding.

the lack of skinship of uri otp got me :anguished: hahhaha ok im going to watch ep 11 again. lol

57 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Just watched the 12th episode and I have to say there's so much trust in JH and YJ's relationship than in Anna and JH's somehow :D Even tho the agent and anna like each other they are hiding too much and it will cause many problems

LOL! Yeah there's "trust" between JH and YJ. :rolleyes:

BTW you guys, I don't  know why but I have this nagging feeling that the vamps are going to use strawberry to hurt Anna..like make her eat them herself to save her dad or JH or just force her to eat it, to make it seem like she committed suicide. There has to be a reason why they showed her having such a deadly allergy. The writers couldn't have just randomly showed that..it has to come back later. Our poor OTP..bracing for the oncoming angst. Where is my blanky. :(

Finished watching ep 12 sub and it's rather heavy. Not gonna speculate as I'm not sure where the writer is going with the story.

As some have commented on the ratings of this drama, so I thought I'd share something I found after reading this article dated 2014 regarding drama ratings: http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/24/hold-for-christmasthe-rise-of-cable-in-k-dramaland-a-couch-kimchi-roundtable/

According to this article, 2% rating for cable is considered high and 4% is considered a big success. So if this is accurate, The K2 is a big success because it debuted with more than 3% and went up to over 6.6% at its highest before tapering to 5.3% for ep 12. :D

Hoping that the ratings would go up further for the last 4 episodes. 

This drama isn't the best but the team has obviously tried hard to make every episode interesting. I think that's why the Koreans commented that it's like watching a movie each week. My layman's feel is that the director is good at creating sleek action scenes while the writer is good at creating intrigues and unusually heart fluttering OTP moments (that borders on being cheesy for some) to hold most people's attention. The good looks and acting also help. But obviously, it does not satisfy those who want depth, coherence and are bias against certain leads.  Oh well...maybe the drama is trying to do too many things. Still, I can follow the plot so far and enjoy watching this drama. :wub:

I'm just hoping that the remaining 4 episodes will not be messy and we get a satisfying ending. I would love to see the OTP together and some redemption for the character of YJ. Friday...come quickly! :)

5 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Just watched Ep12 and the part where she said "Anna is like a daughter of my own" i feel like going inside the laptop to strangle her. what a manipulation to gain sympathy. Such a pathetic monster.

She reminds me of a crocodile..cold, calm and a vicious murderer. :expressionless: She must be overjoyed at putting Anna in such terrible danger. Thankfully the day of her reckoning is coming soon.

I don't want to hate anna because they were cutsey cutesy of Je Ha in episode 10. But episode 12 just made me explode with Anna's character. She's just plain stup*d almost the entire episode.

So far, choi yoo jin is killing the show. That ending and cliffhanger in episode 12 is just amazing. Didn't think that she would do that.  

9 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

She reminds me of a crocodile..cold, calm and a vicious murderer. :expressionless: She must be overjoyed at putting Anna in such terrible danger. Thankfully the day of her reckoning is coming soon.

i was like is this drama title TheK2 or the YJ? Writer focused on her character way too much. I want her to die fast so that Anna n Jeha can have their happy ending.

2 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

i was like is this drama title TheK2 or the YJ? Writer focused on her character way too much. I want her to die fast so that Anna n Jeha can have their happy ending.

Well she is the big bad of the show and her actions bring about reactions in our OTP and the other characters so it's obvious she will get lots of screen time. I honestly don't see her dying before the last episode. The secretary may die soon, I am guessing as soon as she targets Anna again. I have a feeling JH will kill her for Anna and YJ will see that as a betrayal.

26 minutes ago, ohoheli said:

I don't want to hate anna because they were cutsey cutesy of Je Ha in episode 10. But episode 12 just made me explode with Anna's character. She's just plain stup*d almost the entire episode.

So far, choi yoo jin is killing the show. That ending and cliffhanger in episode 12 is just amazing. Didn't think that she would do that.  

Stupid because she listened to CSW?  But what do you in her shoe expect her to do, look lovey dovey at K2 who offers nothing about her mother except tell her CJW is unlikely to murder her mother with no facts? They may love each other but the only person offering her anything is her uncle. He safe guard the team against YuJin but K2 remains a JSS member. She wants to revenge her mothers death and he wants to do the same. She isn't stupid, she is doing what she can do in her position. 

I hope JH will be disappointed trusting YJ .. I hope YJ really kill Anna .. so JH can live with regret his whole life .. (I can't accept he trust YJ ... not my cup of tea) .. I can't concentrate on 12 ... I watch but my mind is somewhere else .. I cannot accept ep 12 .. I feel that now JH is getting closer to YJ .. I can't watch it .. and this episode center around YJ .. and her lust.

JH start to trust YJ .. OMG . How can you trust someone that almost kill the girl you love? .. 

I am puking ... I might just drop it ..tell me when situation is back to normal .. if thing going YJ direction .. I may just have to drop this drama ... I can't understand how JH can trust YJ ... and just accept YJ treatment toward the girl he is in love with .. Is he gonna be another SJ?

I know I don't make sense .. this drama doesn't make sense .. 

15 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

I hope JH will be disappointed trusting YJ .. I hope YJ really kill Anna .. so JH can live with regret his whole life .. (I can't accept he trust YJ ... not my cup of tea) .. I can't concentrate on 12 ... I watch but my mind is somewhere else .. I cannot accept ep 12 .. I feel that now JH is getting closer to YJ .. I can't watch it .. and this episode center around YJ .. and her lust.

JH start to trust YJ .. OMG . How can you trust someone that almost kill the girl you love? .. 

I am puking ... I might just drop it ..tell me when situation is back to normal .. if thing going YJ direction .. I may just have to drop this drama ... I can't understand how JH can trust YJ ... and just accept YJ treatment toward the girl he is in love with .. Is he gonna be another SJ?

No he doesnot trust YJ, he never has and never will. But he knows how her mind works which is why he is sure that she didnot kill UHR directly. He is yet unaware that the Secretary kills for YJ without her direction. When he does, he will realize how UHR died. Just because YJ didnot give the kill order, it doesnot mean she is not guilty. Aiding, abetting or assisting a murderer is also a crime. Besides she did mess with UHR's case and had it wrongfully closed by having it be called a suicide. JH will be realizing that soon enough.

@YourHighness . and @liltash85 I am with you 100%.. count on me for hating YJ so much.. eerrrgghh.. really can't stand the evil person in this world.. how come we can live in peace if such a scumbag live longlasting and freely in this kdrama land and int his world.. haisshhh.. hate her to the max..

and wondering my otp scene from ep 1..(rewatching from ep 1.. first time jehAnna met) poor jeha and anna.. they are both the victim in this drama..

and really hope that jeha not erase the email yet.. maybe that e-mail somehow still save in his friend or whoever it is,, that the e-mail can be jeha's weapon for him and anna to staying save..

really hope that jeha doesn't really trust YJ and make stupid move for erasing that e-mail..

haissshh.. I hope and I hope jeha still have it.. so he isn't in empty hands now.. if he is really erase it.. so he is indeed fight with empty hands.. that makes him a big looser and can't protect anna too.. instead of YJ already has all the weapon now..

really hate YJ.. my otp just stay as a victim now.. back in their stage at the beginning again..

how can jeha and anna rise again to make their live happy and peace??? if jeha has not even single weapon to fight and protect him self and anna.. haisshh.. its frustrated me.. if my otp got miserable life at the end.. cuz from the beginning they already had miserable life..

just make them happy..

51 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

don't worry chinggu.. I am with you.. "her lust"???? its disgust me.. (not the actress, note this :))

if YJ become an heroine then at the end.. I will drop this drama as you do..

it's not make sense.. the evil live happily, she get what she want.. and the real victim just got drown in deep misery.. and this drama indeed become sad ending.. so we can believe there is no such nice thing in this world..

no peace, no happiness and no love

but just a trick, a scheme, or whatever its said.. that we can survive just being evil as well..

is this drama really delivered that kind of message for the viewer that the world is cruel.. there are only craftiness in this world..

love, happiness and peace never survived.. Is it that kind of drama.. so I will never ever watch it.. and indeed the cast will got wrong image then. if the drama ended like that, especially the writer..

48 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

@Bambiina OMG how could i Have forgotten about this. I was too busy trying to understand the characters and what caused them to trust the other evil people. And it struck me, how could JH even think to believe that YJ be telling the truth about her "not" killing Anna's mom. 

I am seriously rooting for Anna in this drama. I hope she could start being suspicious about things and not be too doubtful of JH. 

1 hour ago, blindfury said:

Stupid because she listened to CSW?  But what do you in her shoe expect her to do, look lovey dovey at K2 who offers nothing about her mother except tell her CJW is unlikely to murder her mother with no facts? They may love each other but the only person offering her anything is her uncle. He safe guard the team against YuJin but K2 remains a JSS member. She wants to revenge her mothers death and he wants to do the same. She isn't stupid, she is doing what she can do in her position. 

I agree with you samchon is the only one who offer helps to find what really happen to her mother. Is she stupid to accept the offer? That is the only choice she has. She has been living in isolation for 9 years believing she is the cause of her mom's death and there is someone who came and say he can help. That person also took her off the safe house and she can feel freedom for a moment. 

She trust JH will protect her but the problem is JH is still with JSS. Though she wants to deny it but indirectly JH is still YJ man. The trust that JH has with YJ kinda worries me. I am afraid that the trust will harm Anna or himself later. 

I just saw this on twitter and kind of agree with some of the comments online.

http://www.hk01.com/韓迷/51395/-THE-K2-宋玧妸演技太好導演頭痛-誤當允兒池昌旭-第三者-

a write up on the director's interview today about how he jokingly complaining that SYA's good acting is ruining the drama. There isn't suppose to be a love line between YJ and Jeha but sympathy for her character is resulting in a unforeseen issue in the loveline. What is hilarious though is the HK reporter showed caps of the scenes that made it so obvious that SYA was looking at Jeha lovingly or with admiration.

i guess director is trying to rev up more debate or maybe more damage for the drama. The show and the direction is dependent on him and the writer, if SYA over acted or showed the character differently then intended, then the failure should be him and the writer not reigning her in. It's more likely that they were actual failure of not directing and writing clearly. Sometimes, I think because both writer and director are men, they may not have realized what is portrayed is being seen differently by female audiences. The suave actions seems cool but is also romantic. If he does not intend to have loveline, why let YJ and Jeha do those scenes. Then maybe as men, they think those ramen scenes are cuties for women but some go WTF lol. I guess now they have difficulties I guess with either direction. Both camps will not accept the other and hence not a great result for the drama.

will it affect export? Haven't they already sold some rights? The fact that it is not preproduction meant that it would never fetch big money anyway in China. This Yoona for China thing is quite overuse as an excuse. If China is still intended as official export, they will need to keep the story clean in a certain way to pass censor.

anyway, I had a good laugh reading the article.

Honestly, all the actors are great in this drama. It is the writer and the director who F* up making it fall from a potentially good drama to a almost makjang drama now.

@liltash85 Exactly, she puts her trust In Jeha as a BF to protect her but she also chooses to seek help from the only other person who is with her in her journey to find her mother's killer. I think I maybe the only anti K2 person in this forum. I actually think his character is the worst written of  all the characters, you may not like Anna or her father for their weaknesses but at least there is some reality in those characters. CYJ is not human but her character development at least is myth like. But the K2 really hasn't moved since episode 4. I think the best moment of his character was with the old folks. Other than that, his main job is to run, fight and look suave. I feel bad for JCW who put so much work into the action. 

I'm for Anna no matter how stupid or naive she is to others. She remains the only truly human person in this drama. We all want to be the underdog that becomes a winner. I hope she becomes one at the end.

Let's be honest, JH trusts YJ more than we thought and the 12th episode is enough evidence. If he didn't he wouldn't go and try to talk with her in the first place. for example, why would you go and ask a very important question to a person who you don't trust and know that will lie to you? I don't see any point in it. And I as well, even tho I like JeJin, I didn't think that JH trusted her that much but the last episode spoke to me differently. On top of that, YJ basically entrusted her life to JH. Like she said the mirror is the same as her life and he got in charge of it. He can actually destroy her in seconds. But things can go very differently, my theory only comes from the last episodes and who knows what the writers have planned. 

Archived