[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

1 hour ago, Alice Mendoza said:

Sigh ... I don't know whether I should carry on watching this drama, my first KDrama - I thought I was watching a Romantic Comedy ... Sigh ... I am so depressed that I got reeled in like a stupid fish, and I fell for it hook, line and sinker ...

I have a very bad feeling that it will have an open ending ... because HJJ gave SC SHOES for her birthday... bad omen - I think SC will erase all his memories again to save HJJ ...

If I continue watching, I will be running the risk of destroying my iPad (like most of my friends did when they watched Scarlet Heart Ryeo - I still haven't picked up the courage to watch that ...)

Maybe I will continue after everything is over ... then again if this sort of family melodrama translates into high ratings, I am very happy for LMH & JJH - they're totally DAEBAK actors! Plus the other actors - Lee Chi Hoon, Song Il Do & the little girl who played Yoona especially! DAEBAK!

Hello! Welcome to the thread. I recognize you from dramabeans comment section of LOTBS. 

I'll advice you, most korean dramas that are romantic comedy takes a dark turn 90% of the time. Though, I'd have to say, it's not always this heavy. 

I do hope that you'll continue to watch, as I can guarantee the more pain you experienced from this drama means the more satisfying the sweet revenge. While we can never return the father, we can watch and root for the hero as he eliminates the villains one by one. 

I trust that the writer will not give us an open end, as that was one of the biggest complaints about her previous drama, MLFAS. I doubt she would want to create an extended epilogue to explain an ending once more. I am certain you live and you learn, correct? She probably learned. 

Perhaps it's true that Koreans do enjoy family dramas, but I can argue that LOTBS has thrown many curve balls at us in the past few episodes, increasing the thrill and therefore, intriguing viewers to tune in. It's not simply family drama alone that has helped the ratings, it's the revelation of ND's true nature, HJJ inching closer and closer to MDG and KJY, family reunions, revelations of people's past life including SC recalling her memories, everything altogether as a package caused the increase in ratings. I can see why the ratings increased and I am most certainly happy for them. 

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Lobsters you know what is so sad about HJJ's father dying so soon as that he never found out that his son put himself through school and graduated from KAIST, did he? All he knows is that his son is a conman

Agree!! :(((  Hoe Jun Jae's dad didn't know that! He also didn't get to know that Jun Jae had already stopped being a conman. :tears:His dad didn't know Jun Jae met his mom!! :tears:  Jun Jae could have talked a lot about how happy he is that he has found his momy. :tears:  It was his father aftet all!! :(( Hoe Jun Jae said at the end "It is not the time yet", "it is not supposed to be yet". :tears::tears: Jun Jae even didn't get time to hug his dad and reconcile in a satisfying way! :((( Why so sad!!!?

This death is so much unexpected, sad and shocking for Jun Jae that I am afraid we might see a very Dark Jun Jae transformation. 

Jun Jae told CH "if something happens to dad, I will kill you and your mother, I will make sure of it"

What a sad twist in the drama!! :tears: Don't tell me betryal is on the way!! :((

PS  I really hate Jun Jae's step brother!!! Whyyy he didn't do anthing?? He knew right along what his mom had been doing!! Hoe Jun Jae was also shocked and told him "you said he was your first dad, why you didn't stop ur mom?" 

• Like 10

Other version:

‘The Legend of the Blue Sea’ tops 20% in Viewer Ratings

SBS’ “The Legend of the Blue Sea” has surpassed 20 percent in viewership share, breaking its own record, market research firm Nielsen Korea reported Friday. 

It marked 20.8 percent in viewership for its 17th episode aired Thursday, 1.9 percentage points higher than the 18.9 percent for its 16th episode.

Starring a star-studded cast of Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho, the drama series has enjoyed a high viewership share of 15-18 percent for its past episodes, but this is the first time it has broken the 20 percent mark. 

Other dramas that air at the same time saw less than 5 percent of viewership. 

The series’ viewership rating started to rise as the plot took a new turn with Heo Jun-jae (Lee) finding out that Shim Cheong (Jun) is a mermaid, and Heo and Shim’s past life starting to be disclosed. 

There are three more episodes before the drama ends. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201701131400529529054_2

• Like 14

@nika94 hopefully HJJ's mom or SC will be there for him.  He really needs a hug to make his pain go away.  CH didn't do anything because (1) the step father kept talking about HJJ thus badly hurting CH's feelings and (2) no matter how bad she is, his mother is still his mom.  

• Like 8

Hi guys. I just finished watching episode 17 and I was literally crying :bawling: after hearing the last words of HJJ's father. How can this be happen? Im soo angry that richard simmons she poisoned him, I hope karma goes back to her, something horrible would happen to her, worst than the case on how HJJ's father died. 

Nam Do knows now that SC is a real mermaid!!!! What would happeeeennn?? That greediness of him will lead to betraying his Bestfriend HJJ. And I think and Im positive that Nam Do is the one who killed KDR, CH is a bit fragile, he still care a bit to his father so I think he can't kill in that way. I hope someone will come to become guarding of HJJ and SC. Hoping for an happy ending toooo. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 9

[Spoilers] Legend of the Blue Sea Ep 17

201701122249576650401_20170112230234_02_20170112230502482.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-12%2Bat%2B7.52.54%2BPM.png

Naver - Herald Pop: 'Blue Sea', Lee Min Ho cries over father Choi Jung Woo's death... anxious Jeon Ji Hyun 

1. [+9,173, -67] I feel like I choke on 99999999 pieces of goguma. Writer, did you really have to kill Joon Jae's dad? ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ And why leave Chung with Gae Nam Doo? ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

2. [+5,781, -43] Seo Hee will pay for her crimes, right?

3. [+4,881, -52] Woa today's so scary

4. [+3,507, -39] No ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Don't die..

5. [+3,729, -341] He sure is quick at picking up his girlfriend's call.. But when it comes to his dad's ㅠㅜㅜ

6. [+1,711, -9] What is this? Either get rid of the memories or have evidence

7. [+1,633, -32] This writer has clearly lost her touch.. Why did the dad have to die?

20170112230247375dqyc.jpg

Daum - tv Report: Lee Hee Joon betrays + Hwang Shin Hye goes mad.. What will happen to Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho?

1. [+757, -23] Did Joon Jae's dad have to die?? The writer is losing her touch.. How annoying

2. [+554, -8] I hope there will be a twist to Lee Hee Joon's character in the end just so he can redeem himself

3. [+522, -6] Ah this is frustrating

4. [+298, -1] Hwang Shin Hye looks scary secretly sneaking in

5. [+295, -24] Worst episode so far. Why kill the dad?

6. [+237, -14] Seems like the ratings won't go up anymore. As if our country's current state isn't frustrating already, why should this drama be like this too? And what's up with Jeon Ji Hyun talking in whispers?

7. [+235, -17] It gets more makjang toward the end.. sigh

8. [+193, -5] I've been watching since the 1st episode... This episode is a downer

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-12%2Bat%2B7.52.54%2BPM.png

Naver - Osen: 'Blue Sea' breaks 20%, best rating so far 

1. [+3,700, -231] I cried seeing Lee Min Ho breaking down in tears ㅠ The ratings are daebak. Fighting LOTBS~ Hwang Shin Hye and Gae Nam Doo are scary.. Walk on a flowery path JoonChung~

2. [+2,895, -144] I want a happy ending for JoonChung

3. [+2,477, -176] Cried during Lee Min Ho's crying scene ㅠㅠ

4. [+2,156, -114] Twist within a twist.. Hope it's a happy ending !!♡♡

5. [+1,989, -139] Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun are the best bbbb Hang in there until the end. Fighting ♥

6. [+577, -23] Gae Nam Doo, don't sell Chung.. Why would he ask about the price?... What a trash..

7. [+507, -42] Lee Min Ho's acting was so good in his crying scene ㅜㅜㅜ

source: http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.co.id/2017/01/spoilers-legend-of-blue-sea-ep-17.html

• Like 11

I love this article!! So well-worded! :)) Google Translated

The legend of 'Blue Sea'

Heo Jun-jae (Lee Min-ho), who discovered all the evil plans of Kang Seo-hee (Hwang Shin-hye) in SBS drama 'The Legend of Blue Sea' broadcasted last 12 days, worked with Hong's detective (Park Hae-soo) Kang Seo-hee, who noticed the changed attitude, was one step faster. In the end, Junjae could not reconcile with his father, but he had to leave and shed tears of regret and sadness.

As the mystery surrounding him was revealed on the surface of the water, the 'Legend of the Blue Sea' focused attention on viewers with a thrilling approach close to the thriller. It is also Lee Min Ho who stands at the center of the revolving genre. In the play Huh Jo Jae keeps the connection between the past life and the present life and moves so that the sad fate does not recur while the father's property and the plan of the Kang Seo-hee and the Ma Dae-young (Seongdongil) It carries a role.

Based on his genius brain, Huh Joon - jae plays a key role in collecting and planning evidences and moving the police to the fraud trio. Lee Minho also sharper eyes and a cool atmosphere, creating a more chewy development.

The point where Lee Min Ho's strength is revealed is the emotional line. I felt hot in the cold thriller. The reason that viewers can watch the process more nervously is thanks to Lee Min Ho's delicate acting ability who has accumulated a grudge against his father and longing. After a late visit to his father 's house and witnessing his death, the devastating five -minutes performance immersed the audience' s emotions as they watched. Also, he expressed his regret of Huh Joon-ee, who was not good at expressing emotions, and created the best ending scenes.

Credit: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001184072

• Like 10

2 hours ago, demarchelier said:

Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 17

Today is packed with revelations, confessions, and bends in the road, which makes it fitting for being the first episode to finally break that 20% ratings barrier (20.8% was the number). Of course, I’m sure the lack of competition had a part in it (its MBC and KBS rivals aired their finales yesterday), but hey, let’s not look a gift ratings horse in the mouth.

Congratulation for breaking 20% in rating last night. Though, I did agree with DB, because there is no competitor, LOBS deserved to achieve it. The unexpected twist made my heart ache a lot, now the real war about to start.

I dont know if you guys already discussed it, mianhe I didnt really read all the posts. But, still I want to say this. Kang So Hee and Kang Ji Yeon - Twin Sisters. Could it be, KJY kills her then steals her identity? In the beginning, ND said that "the flowers" means "Queen of Poison" then Det Hong said "there is similiar case in Japan". KJY told MDY that her twin sister got adopted by rich family. My thought, when she started to seduce Chairman Heo or when she became Mrs. Heo, she has to erase all her past since it has connection with MDY. Simple, she kills her twin and steals her identity.

Chairman Heo's death - I am not sure whether it was good or bad twist. Since not everything in a life will go as you planned, his death maybe will be a trigger to JJ "to claim" all the things that he has to be had and proof MDY family wrongdoings. I hate Chairman Heo for abadoning his family, but seeing him died lonely with a lot of regrets made me sad. He received his punishment, but at least he should know the truth that his son is not completely helpless conman.

JND - If he helps JJ to get his original position and gets all the inheritance, he doesnt have to do something bad, right? But, greediness will be greediness forever. No matter how much you have, you will still feel thirsty and want more. So frustrating to see him as villain near in the end.

Heo Chi Hyun - He just unlucky to be born as KJY and MDY's son. Poor him! But for the last scene, who call 119? CH? 

KSH - This crazy physcopath! She makes best couple with MDY - Murderer Couple. 

Tae Oh - Si Ah - I ship them. At this rate THey will falling in love for real. 

Mermaid Love Story - How the story ends? I really dont have any idea. Maybe like MLFAS? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Hello! Welcome to the thread. I recognize you from dramabeans comment section of LOTBS. 

I'll advice you, most korean dramas that are romantic comedy takes a dark turn 90% of the time. Though, I'd have to say, it's not always this heavy. 

I do hope that you'll continue to watch, as I can guarantee the more pain you experienced from this drama means the more satisfying the sweet revenge. While we can never return the father, we can watch and root for the hero as he eliminates the villains one by one. 

I trust that the writer will not give us an open end, as that was one of the biggest complaints about her previous drama, MLFAS. I doubt she would want to create an extended epilogue to explain an ending once more. I am certain you live and you learn, correct? She probably learned. 

Perhaps it's true that Koreans do enjoy family dramas, but I can argue that LOTBS has thrown many curve balls at us in the past few episodes, increasing the thrill and therefore, intriguing viewers to tune in. It's not simply family drama alone that has helped the ratings, it's the revelation of ND's true nature, HJJ inching closer and closer to MDG and KJY, family reunions, revelations of people's past life including SC recalling her memories, everything altogether as a package caused the increase in ratings. I can see why the ratings increased and I am most certainly happy for them. 

Haha! (*Bittersweet laughter*!) - THANKS VERY MUCH for your advice! I guess I have to be an emotional sadomasochist to continue watching and just ride along with the pain!! And thanks very much for your comforting words!! I will have faith in Writer Nim - that hopefully she has learnt her lesson from MLFAS! I think I should watch that next!! Am trying to pick up the courage to watch the whole of Scarlet Heart Ryeo because LJG's acting is just fantastic!! 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, babyval22 said:

You know,  while watching yesterday episode, it suddenly occurred to me.. How come ND is so calm knowing who JJ real dad is? Has he known JJ was a chaebol son all along? 

There I was hoping for the show to be more intense to keep the audience and ratings and I got what I wished for, except that I didn't want this sort of intensity writer nim! 

This episode reminded me why I never liked chasing shows while it is currently on air. The one week wait is gonna be freaking torturous. 

:bawling:

Through this drama, LMH really showed me his acting chops. This is truly my fave character of all that he has played.

ND was searching JJ's Mom for many years, he definitely know who JJ is. ND said he had found out all information about JJ's Mom but he could not know where she stayed. It is impossible that he didn't know who she married.

• Like 8

Hi guys, been here as a silent reader. But this time I really want to give my opinion about the ending. It will be a happy ending. HJJ and SC will move to a new house along with HJJ's mom as the current leasing place will be expired soon. And HJJ will work as a civil servant :)

• Like 9

@nika94 hopefully HJJ's mom or SC will be there for him.  He really needs a hug to make his pain go away.  CH didn't do anything because (1) the step father kept talking about HJJ thus badly hurting CH's feelings and (2) no matter how bad she is, his mother is still his mom.  

• Like 5