[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

[STARCAST] Lee Min Ho’s Fashion: Perfect face and body figure for coats and knits

C1omOB2UsAARxxF.jpg

Hello STARCAT viewers.
Happy New Year!
Hope your 2017 will be happy with Lee Min Ho~

TV series <The Legend of the Blue Sea> deserves more than 500 episodes, but it just hit 15 episodes.
Why does <The Legend of the Blue Sea> has to end in 20 episodes? 

You’ll have only five more times to meet Heo Joon Jae. Therefore, STARCAST brought this special story of ‘Lee Min Ho’s Fashion’ as New Year celebration.  
(It’s a secret♥ that we looked into his ‘visual’ rather than his ‘fashion’)

Lee Min Ho led everyone to the new legend every episode.
Starting from his amazing visual to perfect characteristic, Lee Min Ho was simply perfect in everything. In fact, Lee Min Ho as Heo Joon Jae was even more perfect because of his fashion sense.
In one word, you need to thumb up!
STARCAST is sure that all of you must looked after Lee Min Ho’s coats and knit tops for your boyfriend, brother, husband, dad… and all men around you.
But STARCAST is also sure that you couldn’t find any of it.
It’s because…>> 

C1opDEQUUAAyc5U.jpg

Read full article here>>> http://m.star.naver.com/minho/news/end?id=8757508

• Like 17

3 Keys To Success Shared Between “The Legend Of The Blue Sea” And “Romantic Doctor Kim”

C1pXxYsVQAAuM8N.jpg

Three similarities between SBS’s current members of the “20-20 Club” have been analyzed.

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Romantic Doctor Kim” scored viewership ratings of 26.9 percent for its 17th episode on January 3 while “The Legend of the Blue Sea” had ratings of 20.1 percent for its 15th episode on January 5. The three similarities of these two dramas are said to be romance, tension, and comedy.

#Romance

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” has Sae Hwa (Jun Ji Hyun) and Dam Ryung (Lee Min Ho) in the Joseon era, and Shim Chung and Jun Jae in the modern day era. It has been revealed that in the Joseon era, the two were friends from a young age but tragically died after being hit by a harpoon. In the modern setting, Jun Jae meets Shim Chung in Spain, and discovers a big secret about her when they end up living together in Seoul. Over time, they have become the “Jun Chung couple” in secret, strengthening their romance as the drama progresses.

#Tension

For “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” the tension comes from characters in both the Joseon era and in the modern day era. Lord Yang (Sung Dong Il) and the gisaeng (Oh Yeon Ah), and Ma Dae Young (Sung Dong Il) and Kang Seo Hee (Hwang Shin Hae), as well as Chi Hyun (Lee Ji Hoon). Lord Yang hated Dam Ryong for taking away the mermaid he had caught, while Dae Young is desperately searching for Jun Jae to get rid of him as ordered by Seo Hee, who is trying to take control of Chariman Seo’s company. Chi Hyun agrees to help Dae Young, making Jun Jae and Shim Chung’s lives much more difficult.

#Comedy

In “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” Jo Nam Doo (Lee Hee Joon) had people laughing, even more so when he becomes jealous that Jun Jae’s attention is being focused on Shim Chung. Cha Si Ah, who only has eyes for Jun Jae, also makes viewers laugh as she keeps a wary eye on Shim Chung. Her discovery that her housekeeper Yoo Ran (Na Young Hee) is Jun Jae’s biological mother was also a comical moment. Jin Joo (Moon So Ri) and the homeless woman (Hong Jin Kyung) are a high point of the drama as well, bringing the laughs with their actions and words.

A representative of SBS’s drama division stated, “SBS’s Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday dramas have both entered the ’20-20 club’ of viewership ratings with their strong storylines and their romantic, tense, and comical moments,” and “The two dramas are nearing their end, and everyone will have to wait and see to know how things will end.”

Do you agree with this assessment of “The Legend of the Blue Sea” or “Romantic Doctor Kim”?

***skipped unrelated***

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/08/3-keys-success-shared-legend-blue-sea-romantic-doctor-kim/

• Like 13

18 hours ago, mythicalove said:

@babyval22 Hahahaha, you got your brother to start watching? I got my boyfriend to start watching Hahahaha. Anyhow, I saw some people discussing on dramabeans about why cheongie can't walk in the rain. They reasoned that walking in the rain will drench her in water, while a small puddle of water alone, or water dripping from her after she gets out of the pool, is not enough to turn her. I do wonder though, how did she climb out of the pool? Lol. Wouldn't she be flopping? Hahahaha. 

Hahahs. Oh wells. We have no idea on the reasoning for when her tail will appear. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on this if they have never questioned it? Hahahs. 

But yes! I am always wondering how she gets out of the pool. Hahahs. Can you imagine how she managed to get out of the pool in front of ND? Maybe she depends on her super strength to propel herself out of the water. Hahahahs 

• Like 8

Hello! I have a question to users . When i wathced 14 episode at the end was a beautiful song and i like it very much but i can`t find it. So , dont you know where i can find it ?

Edited by leramin
  • Like 7

The 10 Best K-Drama Couples Of 2016

This past year was full of some of the most epic K-drama love stories. From a soldier falling in love with a doctor, to a mermaid falling in love with a con-artist, there really were so many unique and heart-fluttering love lines. These couples showed us that love can conquer all and that it can also transcend time, status, and even space!

-skip the unrelated part-

4. Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho

tumblr_oixkszpA1V1qfqs50o5_400.gif

A mermaid falling in love with a con-artist: what a fairy tale. Sigh. These two characters in “The Legend of the Blue Sea” made quite the unlikely pair, but they still managed to steal our hearts with their love for each other; it also helps that the actors, Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, are considered to be two of the biggest Korean stars in all of Asia. It was great seeing Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho) resisting the urge to fall in love with Shim Cheong (Jun Ji Hyun), but failing terribly, not to mention Shim Cheong’s adorable puppy-love and adoration for Joon Jae.

source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/08/10-best-k-drama-couples-2016-2/

• Like 14

@babyval22 @mythicalove

Interesting thoughts, chingus haha. As much as I always like thinking deep into this drama, I'm afraid that I don't have any ideas about the puddle part hahaha. With regards to getting out of the pool in front of ND without looking like a flopping fish out of water, maybe she gets out of the pool facing backwards, lifting her body with her hands and making her land in a sitting position then taking her feet out? Looks more elegant that way. Hahaha

@leramin

Hello there and welcome to the thread

*sigh* We have the same concern, chingu. I am also waiting for that OST. If I'm not mistaken, it hasn't been released yet. The latest OST that has been released is the one that played in the convinience strore when SC was with YN and her garbage model friend (Ost #9 Day by day - Park Yoon Ha). Hopefully, it comes out soon. It will be OST #10 if it gets released next. Ahhhhhh I just love that OST to bits. I feel like it suits SC so much hahaha. Gives me so much of their couple feels hahaha. Let's just hope it will come out soon for our agony to end lmao

• Like 13

I'll be the first to admit that I can watch 20 episodes and more of just the OTP's romantic love. I can't and will never get tired of skinship. There's no such thing as too much skinship for me lol. But, that being said, I hope in the next 5 episodes, the writer will actually take some time to shed light on MDY and KJY's beginning. From what she has offered up so far, the root started when they were young. I saw some discussion a few pages back about whether there's a correlation between being an orphan and comitting crimes. I think most people will agree here that the writer did not intend to say that committing crimes had anything to do being an orphan. The purpose of having them both be orphans is perhaps, simply to show how and where they met.

MDY said to the professor that he had always felt he was being punished from the moment he was born. He was born into the world without a family and I can sympathize him to some degree. However, not having a family alone couldn't have turned him into such an evil person. So there's definitely more to it than just that. We also know that he suffers from psychological disorders. But we don't know how he developed these disorders. Was he already suffering from bipolar disorder to begin with, or did something that happened cause it? All we are certain of is that he harbor bitter feelings towards the world. Other than being born without a family, how else has the world wronged him? 

KJY's adopted family mysteriously died. We can only assume that MDY was involved in helping her kill them. But what drove them to kill her adopted family? I believe there is more to it than just MDY's uncontrollably anger. Perhaps, did they not love her? Did they treat her badly? Given this is a romantic comedy, I'm sure she won't pull the majorly abused or harassed card on us right? Would that be too heavy? 

Anyhow, for the sake of completeness, I wouldn't mind the writer sacrificing a few otp moments to tell more about the villains. I actually need her to explain to me why they kill. Of course, no reason is ever good enough but I'd like to believe she spent time thinking about it. I don't like the "kill for money" idea. Frankly, it's weak and overdone in korean dramas. So, writer, I have faith in you. 

1 hour ago, babyval22 said:

Hahahs. Oh wells. We have no idea on the reasoning for when her tail will appear. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on this if they have never questioned it? Hahahs. 

But yes! I am always wondering how she gets out of the pool. Hahahs. Can you imagine how she managed to get out of the pool in front of ND? Maybe she depends on her super strength to propel herself out of the water. Hahahahs 

Hahahaha, this makes sense to me.

My sister and I were joking that when HJJ almost saw her swimming at the end of episode 9, wouldn't he have heard her flopping to get out and wondered "what the heck is going on in there?" Hahaha. 

But I am settling with your explanantion, she's so strong that she uses her stregth to pull herself out. Lol.

@puppy8888 I like your explanation as well lol.

Of course, we're not supposed to think about these things while watching this drama. I mean, for god's sake, we have a mermaid who can walk on land, she cries pearls, and her heart only beats for one man in all eternity. And we are questioning why she can't walk in the rain and how she gets out of a pool? Hahahaha. 

Anyway, writing that just made me realize, anyone still don't know why SC fell for HJJ? Think about it, she is SH and SH's heart already loved KDR. A mermaid's heart can only beat for one person for all eternity. HJJ is KDR, and so SC's heart had always loved him, inevitably. 

@leramin welcome to the thread. I am waiting eagerly with you and @puppy8888 for them to release that beuriful OST. Ever since I heard it, I've been loving it and it served as a perfect background song for the scene in the rain! :wub:

Another OST I have been waiting FOREVER for them to release is the song playing when KDR carried lifeless SH and told her of his dreams. When are they ever going to release that song? 

• Like 15