[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@TrucB you joined us very late. Welcome to the thread! You, me, and @Kim Ngân Trần, together, felt like crying or did cry. I just saw clips here and there with subtitles, and I literally cried watching it. Because we miss them or because it was too beautiful? It is both. The ending was seriously precious! I couldn't have asked for one more beautiful. 

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

5. [+36, -8] If the scriptwriter is going to go with a fantasy plot, she needs to keep track of her plot elements better. She said that the Spanish sea is the only place in the world that has mermaids but there was one found on Jeju Island... and a mermaid that's recovering from a car accident took three years in the sea to recover from a gun shot... and wasn't the plot point that the mermaid can live on land if she finds true love??? The drama basically dragged out the ending nonsensically and then wrapped it up with a happy ending. What a joke.

Well, that car accident didn't wounding her heart, but the gun shot did, right? If you really watch it, you will know.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Alice Mendoza said:

Hmmm ... so, who's running HJJ's father's business?? 

At the moment his Mom is the president (the sub I watched is not English, so I am not sure if it is the right translation). It is implied that that is the honorary title, the real job is done by the company's executives. His Mom used part of the inherited money for charity, supporting disadvantaged kids like HJJ during high school when he had to leave the house.  

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

6. [+32, -13] So she's pregnant... is she going to give birth to an egg or what?? ㅎㅎ Yeah, I refuse to watch another drama by this scriptwriter again

I think writer's answer is Yoo Na, right?

17 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

@TrucB you joined us very late. Welcome to the thread! You, me, and @Kim Ngân Trần, together, felt like crying or did cry. I just saw clips here and there with subtitles, and I literally cried watching it. Because we miss them or because it was too beautiful? It is both. The ending was seriously precious! I couldn't have asked for one more beautiful. 

Me too I started cry right after the ep start and don't get why T_T somebody save me pls

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Kim Ngân Trần said:

Well, that car accident didn't wounding her heart, but the gun shot did, right? If you really watch it, you will know.

You are right. Don't be bothered by those people who made such comments, they don't watch the drama at all, just read here and there and tried every way to criticize. Of course, there is no perfect work of art, but the criticism must be valid first.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TrucB said:

You are right. Don't be bothered by those people who made such comments, they don't watch the drama at all, just read here and there and tried every way to criticize. Of course, there is no perfect work of art, but the criticism must be valid first.

let me put it this way   Nate= Hate  .They criticize everything in Nate

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, TrucB said:

Haha don't worry they didn't bother me. Just feel uncomfortable cause someone is wondering but I can't answer them :))

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

TV RATINGS - EPISODE 20 (FINALE) 

LOTBS got new competition with the premiere of KBS' Chief Kim (7.8%) but I was really surprised with MBC's Missing 9 (4.7%). Hey, LOTBS finished out in 1st place. :)

AGB NIELSEN - 17.9% (NATIONWIDE)

source

thanks so much...i feel so happy...congratulations for beeing the best

• Like 10

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I agree! They kiss so naturally!

Am I the only one dying from the way they sweetly looked at each other and smiled before softly and tenderly kissing and then fully embracing one another in a passionate kiss? It makes the slow and gradual building thrist so real. 

Hahahahahaha I'm suddenly embarassed at myself. 

Embarassed? Then you might be not married yet <_<
Then I'm sorry to dragged you into my kiss and skinship talk all this time.
This married lady (read: me) love doing research on kisses. LOL.

Now, I'm happy. After finished uploading that mixed kiss I finally can sleep well....
At least one of my fantasy drama gave me the real "fantasy" which means ended with the "most imaginary wish in our fantasy".
I love how writer Park made the characters so real that I hardly believe, Chung isn't JiHyun and JoonJae isn't MinHo. Of course that's also because the actors great works on creating the characters alive based on the writer's works.

I'm happy almost all the casts came to wrap up party and (seems like) had good times together.

I'll be watching this drama whenever I feel down in my life.

Saranghae chingudeul.

• Like 9

The kissing scene is definitely a highlight of this episode, but what do you think of the re-union? Before the finale started many of us wanted a happy ending which meant they would meet again, but did you try to imagine how the meeting was like? Would it be full of tear or of laughter, would it be in front of other people or just the 2 of them ??? Thinking about it, I quite like how it went in this episode . The writer tried to troll us, but didn't keep the tension for too long. And I think LMH did a good job expressing the mixed feeling with tears rolling down his face when sensing that the girl looking for him at home is SC. It feels so real.

• Like 11

Spoiler

201701252235779768_5888afed26a05_99_2017

Screen+Shot+2017-01-25+at+2.01.48+PM.png

Naver - Osen: Jeon Ji Hyun ♥ Lee Min Ho, retain all memories and happy ending 

1. [+6,533, -122] LOTBS is over, Dokkaebi is over. What do I watch now? ....

2. [+5,263, -145] The sweet scenes are nice but the ending is somewhat unsatisfying

3. [+4,599, -199] I wanted to see Tae Oh and Cha Shi Ah's lovey dovey moments

4. [+3,303, -145] A drama that was like a beautiful fairy tale! Good job cast and crew

5. [+2,530, -104] I'm sad it's over

6. [+1,021, -16] Jeon Ji Hyun's coordi proved to be adventurous from start to finish

7. [+1,079, -61] The kiss scene is deep, I'm all flustered ㅋㅋ

8. [+847, -58] The kiss scene is daebak

9. [+617, -12] Will their baby be born as a mermaid?

10. [+574, -14] Writer Park Ji Eun.... I wouldn't have sticked until the end if not for the cast.. She seriously needs to reflect

Spoiler

201701252158361118_1.jpg

Nate - Mydaily: "The heart remembers".. Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho's fated happy ending 

1. [+465, -41] I saw the tongue ㅋ

2. [+380, -26] Can't ask for a better ending. Thank you for the hardwork!! Chung and Joon Jae were beautiful ㄷㄷ

3. [+268, -20] I'm glad it's a happy ending~~ Joon ♡Chung

4. [+44, -2] I wonder who was more bothered, Jeon Ji Hyun's husband or Suzy?

5. [44, -3] The early episodes talked about how a small number of the world's mermaids live on Spain seas, while some of them are in Jeju.  It's funny that a mermaid who recovered from a car accident needs to rehabilitate for 3 years in the sea after getting shot. And most importantly, if they love each other sincerely, won't it be possible for her to live on land?? The writer should only attempt a fantasy drama if she's organized enough with her plot

6. [+43, -2] That's a legit kiss scene

7. [+42, -2] Hyeo Joon Jae (tn: hyeo = tongue)

8. [+38, -5] Jeon Ji Hyun is flustered... Suzy is flustered

9. [+34, -2] Lee Min Hyeo

Spoiler

201701260508772964_58890eb5683a9_99_2017

Naver - Osen: Only possible because of Jeon Ji Hyun.. Shim Chung, a mermaid to be remembered forever 

1. [+224, -8] She looked so pretty even when dressed like a beggar

2. [+247, -24] I watched this for the visuals, the drama itself is rather disappointing ㅠㅠ What have they done to the good cast? I sticked with it for Jeon Ji Hyun.. thanks for your hard work~

3. [+201, -11] The story's not as good as I expected but Jeon Ji Hyun nailed her mermaid role. She must've worked hard for her underwater shootings. Park Ji Eun better apologize to the cast

4. [+159, -5] Jeon Ji Hyun made the role possible~ I'll remember it for a long time♡♡

5. [+132, -12] Honestly felt like a cheap version of YWCFTS. It was fun but felt lacking

cr: kkuljaem

Edited by MadraRua
Please consider putting large images behind spoiler tags
  • Like 9