[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

30 minutes ago, San said:

does anyone know why the site kkuljaem has been erased?

The site translated all the netizent comments about each episode so i wonder where i can read about netizent comments other than that site.

Netizentbuzz has been so lazy to translate about our LOTBS comments lately:bawling:

Do you have the naver link? Post the link here, we have a few people in this thread that can translate for us. If not, there's usually an English tranlations button right next to the korean text on naver. If you just click it, it will give a rough translation. 

*disregard, leeminhosny posted the link above.*

@MrMarley @sweetcream this is my first time seeing you guys in this thread. Welcome :) 

@sweetcream what episode are you on? 

@MrMarley yes, a beautiful tragic love story indeed :bawling:

I've got to admit myself, this is one of my favorite LMH characters. 

@kiaandre @1ouise I believe SC doesn't remember her past. She dreamt of it once but it hasn't occured to her that it might be her past life. During the confrontation between her and MDY, the person having flashbacks was MDY. SC is merely warning him of her abilities, not because she remembers her past but because it's a true fact that mermaids can erase the memories of any man who lays hand on her. SC says, 

"I don't know what kind of dream it was, but if I was a mermaid in there, did I give you a warning of some sort? A mermaid doesn't leave alone a human who has touched her body. A mermaid can erase whatever memories she wishes." 

She doesn't remember, she is using her natural defense mechanism and her brain. 

• Like 11

Guest Moonrain

I was gonna wait until the subs came out to fully enjoy the episode but i just coudnt!!! 

i knew we were in for some sad episodes but i didnt expect KDR to die this early, what a bummer.

and i was really happy because we got a bed scene!

Tragic :tears:

6c2b2f06gw1fb6v0rwb05j20fk1pc7b2.jpg

Cr: 李敏镐吧

Noooooooo, say it isn't true guys! I haven't seen the episode but I started to read the comments from the most recent. I'm one of those people who read the last chapter of a mystery to find out the murderer then read the rest of the book. I knew kdr was going to die but not this soon. I thought it would drag out until the last episode. I'll have my box of Kleenex ready when I watch the full episode. 

• Like 9

@Chellsee the third photo is seriously so cute!!! They're just looking at each other and smiling so brightly! Fireworks bursting from their chemistry! 

-------------

The funny of this episode:

1.) HJJ giving SC a taste of her own medicine by tricking her into believing there is another girl, Se Hwa. She is all jealous and now thinks Se Hwa is his first love. Hey, that isn't far from the truth. Hehehe. 

2.) HJJ vowing to save Nam Doo first if he and SC were drowning in the water. Hahahaha. We know why...

@CarolynH have a box of Kleenex tissues next to you. It's a bittersweet, sad, but beautiful ending for KDR and SH.

• Like 12

LOBSTERS, so there is a special website where only Korean people writes their comments about a drama? When we watch through live streaming is it counted for the dramas ratings? @mythicalove Before I thought that SC is SH that SH never died and SC is a 400 yr old mermaid. I agree with you I think SC doesn't remember her past. Like in MLFTS the man will protect his woman all through out because its JJ who have the idea from the past so he must protect SC all through out. When will MDY die? Can we just kill him? haha The policemen should always stick to JJ and SC because MDY is always there where they are. I am looking forward to watch episode 13 with subs tomorrow. Let's hope for the best for JJ and SC. :wub:Good night everyone. :)

• Like 9

*sobs and wipes away tears*

Oh my gosh, guys. I seriously cannot believe how much that ending affected me too much lmao. You know that a story is good when sad things that happen to your OTP hit you so hard. I must say, very well done LOTBS team. To writer-nim, I see what you did there huhhhhh lmao. You kept feeding us with all this HJJ and SC lovey dovey scenes, even giving us the pleasure of the "dont think too much kiss", the "bed scene", then another "surprise kiss". And just when you have us falling into your lovey dovey comfort zone trap, BOOM you decide to slap us all and push us over the edge with KDR and SW's tragic death. Ahuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

A CINEMATOGRAPHIC WORK OF ART. I think that's the only way to describe the tragic scene at the end. There are no others words that I can think about to describe the masterpiece. The acting was super. Filming something like that on land would be easy for most seasoned actors, but the aspect of it being underwater is what separates those of the highest quality. The first thing that you have to take into consideration is the WATER itself. A tragic scene needs tears, a super sadddddd dialogue, and maybe even some limping in the process like bending down on one's knees to show the extent of hurt. But with water all around you, the actors need to make their eyes 1000000000x more emotional to get the message through. There were no tears, no dialogues said, and you cant even bend down in water without looking like a complete idiot, but still the scene STRUCK OUT LIKE GOLD, maybe even better than majority of the sad scenes I've watched. Superb acting seriously. I give a standing ovation and a round of applause. If LMH and HJJ don't win the best actor award, I dont know what has become of the world. Hahahaha

*sigh* As for the context of the story itself, all I can say is that the scene is amazing. KDR sees the evil man poised to shoot an arrow at SW. KDR yells SW's name in an attempt to alert her. She seems to have heard it, but does not quite get what he means. We see KDR jumping into the water just in time to shield SW from the arrow. A pained expression appears on his face upon realizing that he has been hit. Initially, it looks like SW is quite contented, probably thinking in relief that she is hugging the man she loves the most. Confusion dawns on her face as she notices that he seems "paralyzed". Upon further inspection, she realized that he took the arrow for her and he is being paralyzed by pain. Nearing death, he weakly smiles at her in assurance. He has done his part till the end and that is to protect her. Finally he dies. Consumed by immense grief, she drives the arrow deeper, killing herself off as well. We then see the bracelet come off SW's hand, dramatically being swept by the tide like their love. They are starcrossed lovers, maybe a mythical version of Romeo and Juliet.

KDR's mission in life was to protect SW. Had she been caught and tortured while he was in jail, the thought of it would make him SUFFER IMMENSELY. We saw the look on his face when SW was captured before. It was indeed a choice between life or death for him and death was his choice if it was going to set the love of his life free. SW's heart literally only beat for and because of KDR. Seeing that KDR had died, there was no point in living coming from both an emotional and logical point of view. The evil lord was bound to catch up on her sooner or later and take advantage of the fact that her protector has died. Had she been captured, she would not only die being torture, but she would die because her lifeline, the heart that makes her heart beat has passed away. Between a choice of life and death, SW chose death because living without her lifeline would be like dying as well. To her, death would be more painless, more blissful as she gets to spend eternity with KDR in the ocean.

*sighs* It's so BITTERSWEET

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Su-Hae said:

LOBSTERS, so there is a special website where only Korean people writes their comments about a drama? When we watch through live streaming is it counted for the dramas ratings? @mythicalove Before I thought that SC is SH that SH never died and SC is a 400 yr old mermaid. I agree with you I think SC doesn't remember her past. Like in MLFTS the man will protect his woman all through out because its JJ who have the idea from the past so he must protect SC all through out. When will MDY die? Can we just kill him? haha The policemen should always stick to JJ and SC because MDY is always there where they are. I am looking forward to watch episode 13 with subs tomorrow. Let's hope for the best for JJ and SC. :wub:Good night everyone. :)

Yes, you can find korean netizen reactions on naver. Since episode two, there's really been nothing but good comments about this drama, which is good. 

Hahahaha, I like your idea, can we just kill him off? Lol. If only it was that easy to get rid of MDY. And yup, I agree, the detectives should stick by HJJ or better yet, let HJJ lead their search, because HJJ seems to be better at their job. He was bossing them around and asking so many clever questions. Seems like he knows what he is doing lol. 

I don't think SC knows about her past yet but I do wonder about the possibility of her recalling it. Will she ever be able to remember? 

--------------

Anyone agree that after HJJ wakes up, he deserves a long hug from SC? Because he's been through some rough memories. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

@Chellsee the third photo is seriously so cute!!! They're just looking at each other and smiling so brightly! Fireworks bursting from their chemistry!

@mythicalove yes yes! I can stare at them all night long... I'm so in love with our OTP specially for that part. I can't get over of the super short and fast but sooooooo sweet kiss from Joon Jae. This one!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif%25288%2529.gif

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, puppy8888 said:

*sobs and wipes away tears*

Oh my gosh, guys. I seriously cannot believe how much that ending affected me too much lmao. You know that a story is good when sad things that happen to your OTP hit you so hard. I must say, very well done LOTBS team. To writer-nim, I see what you did there huhhhhh lmao. You kept feeding us with all this HJJ and SC lovey dovey scenes, even giving us the pleasure of the "dont think too much kiss", the "bed scene", then another "surprise kiss". And just when you have us falling into your lovey dovey comfort zone trap, BOOM you decide to slap us all and push us over the edge with KDR and SW's tragic death. Ahuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

A CINEMATOGRAPHIC WORK OF ART. I think that's the only way to describe the tragic scene at the end. There are no others words that I can think about to describe the masterpiece. The acting was super. Filming something like that on land would be easy for most seasoned actors, but the aspect of it being underwater is what separates those of the highest quality. The first thing that you have to take into consideration is the WATER itself. A tragic scene needs tears, a super sadddddd dialogue, and maybe even some limping in the process like bending down on one's knees to show the extent of hurt. But with water all around you, the actors need to make their eyes 1000000000x more emotional to get the message through. There were no tears, no dialogues said, and you cant even bend down in water without looking like a complete idiot, but still the scene STRUCK OUT LIKE GOLD, maybe even better than majority of the sad scenes I've watched. Superb acting seriously. I give a standing ovation and a round of applause. If LMH and HJJ don't win the best actor award, I dont know what has become of the world. Hahahaha

*sigh* As for the context of the story itself, all I can say is that the scene is amazing. KDR sees the evil man poised to shoot an arrow at SW. KDR yells SW's name in an attempt to alert her. She seems to have heard it, but does not quite get what he means. We see KDR jumping into the water just in time to shield SW from the arrow. A pained expression appears on his face upon realizing that he has been hit. Initially, it looks like SW is quite contented, probably thinking in relief that she is hugging the man she loves the most. Confusion dawns on her face as she notices that he seems "paralyzed". Upon further inspection, she realized that he took the arrow for her and he is being paralyzed by pain. Nearing death, he weakly smiles at her in assurance. He has done his part till the end and that is to protect her. Finally he dies. Consumed by immense grief, she drives the arrow deeper, killing herself off as well. They are starcrossed lovers, maybe a mythical version of Romeo and Juliet.

KDR's mission in life was to protect SW. Had she been caught and tortured while he was in jail, the thought of it would make him SUFFER IMMENSELY. We saw the look on his face when SW was captured before. It was indeed a choice between life or death for him and death was his choice if it was going to set the love of his life free. SW's heart literally only beat for and because of KDR. Seeing that KDR had died, there was no point in living coming from both an emotional and logical point of view. The evil lord was bound to catch up on her sooner or later and take advantage of the fact that her protector has died. Had she been captured, she would not only die being torture, but she would die because her lifeline, the heart that makes her heart beat has passed away. Between a choice of life and death, SW chose death because living without her lifeline would be like dying as well. To her, death would be more painless, more blissful as she gets to spend eternity with KDR in the ocean.

*sighs* It's so BITTERSWEET

+1000000000000000000000000...

Can I love your post over and over again?

You've described it so beautifully! 

You've succeeded in making me cry again. 

My heart.... :bawling:

Everything, from the way you described their acting down to the way you describe KDR's undying love, is perfection! Perfection! 

• Like 9

@mythicalove

*sobs* Yes chingu. I took my time as you said huhu. I know that we both knew that this would happen. We kept on saying our theories about KDR and SW dying a tragic ending at sea, but I can't believe that it hurts 100000x more when you watch it. Huhuhuhuhuhu. Still can't get over how bittersweet it was. Their love was indeed so strong that it did transcend space and time.

According to experts in the paranormal world, strong emotions can really trigger things even when some people have died. In comparison, that is the reason why ghost hauntings exist, because of extremely strong emotions, weather negative or positive, memories linger and are very strong. Don't mean to creep you out, but that's what I've heard haha. In this case, it's tragic love that has been reborn into new reincarnations :)

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

@MrMarley @sweetcream this is my first time seeing you guys in this thread. Welcome :) 

@sweetcream what episode are you on? 

@MrMarley yes, a beautiful tragic love story indeed :bawling:

I've got to admit myself, this is one of my favorite LMH characters. 

Thanks! I've been lurking since the beginning. I agree, this is also one of my favorite LMH characters. He looks so handsome in the traditional outfit! The last scene of this episode along with the beautiful OST broke my heart. I'm sure I will cry again tonight when I watch the entire episode. This drama is my current drug. I can't focus on any other drama at the moment.

• Like 7