[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

I think HS finds out she is with TY. He is with JY and both of them get mad at the preferential treatment.

YS is eating over at the Lee household. She goes out and talks to DJ father. He seems to not mind the fact that they are dating. The obvious obstacle will definitely be mom who doesn't know anything yet.

SD tries to go out but SN is suspicious. He tells her some lie and is on his way. She is still curious about what he is doing out so late. He goes to the bakery to meet his first love and helps her pick up a bag of flour. She formally introduces her son to SD. SD asks the son what he is drawing and he say his dad. SD gets a little sad.

TP and DS get to their honeymoon location and spend time talking in the car. TP opens her door and they go into the hotel. The hotel is booked or too expensive (idk which one) and the hotel manager explains it is because of Christmas Eve. They both leave the hotel angry. They go to another hotel and TP goes in to find out if they can stay there. DS gets a call from her daughter asking about her honeymoon. TP comes back and that hotel is a no go too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back at the Lee household, YS is washing dishes and DJ comes in to help her. DJ's mom sees and asks what's going on. His mom puts on the gloves to wash the dishes and tells DJ to get out. She scolds YS (maybe mom knows about their relationship, sorry I'm not sure).

HJ calls the mean mother in law. I think she tells her that GP will soon be released. Mother in law is really happy.

ES comes home to find JY at her house. JY tries to be nice but ES isn't having it.

HW is at Tony Burger visiting TY at work. She wants to go on a date with TY because it's Christmas Eve. She wants to go to a hotel? lol He obviously says no. TY says something that makes her smile and they hug. 

DJ comes up to YS room and they talk. DJ says his mom will come around eventually if they are sincere. That makes YS smile.

SN is wondering why SD hasn't come home yet. She goes to the tailor shop and he isn't there. I'm guessing that's where he told her he was going. She sees him with his first love and gets mad. She hides as they walk by. Gosh I feel bad for SN. SD and his first love talk while SD carries her son on his back (I love the old music that plays whenever they meet each other. I recognize this song from reply 1988). He walks her back to her apartment. They laugh about something. SN is spying on them from afar.

TP comes out of another hotel and they aren't able to stay their either. DS's stomach growls. They go to a food truck outside of the hotel and eat chicken. There is a Christmas tree and a fire by their table. It's cute how simple this is and some other people might think their honeymoon would be ruined by now since they don't have any place to stay, but they are having a good time at the food truck. TP goes to the car and grabs his guitar. TP starts to play and sings a sweet song to DS. It starts to snow and TP's singing makes DS cry. 

DJ tells YS goodnight and gives her a hug (sorry it's hard for me to recap conversations).

DJ's mom is thinking about all the times she has found DJ helping YS and she is thinking that there is no way they can be in a relationship.

TP and DS are home and talk to SD and SN. TP gives SD something. Not sure what it was.

YS tries to help DS's mom in the kitchen and she refuses her help.

SN is pretending like she knows nothing about SD going walking with that lady. SD leaves and runs into DJ at the door. YS comes out too.

HJ is thinking about something. She gets a call from DJ's mom and tells her to come over.

HW comes downstairs in her antlers. The maid says she looks pretty. ES comes out of her room dressed all fancy and HW asks her why she is wearing that.

Back at the Lee household. DJ's mom asks HJ if there is something going on between YS and DJ.

*My stream is lagging a lot sorry if I miss anything*

They switch to DJ and YS at the tailor shop. They talk about if they are doing anything for Christmas Eve?

ES and HW go to Tony Burger to wait until TY gets off work. HW apologizes to TY about her mom coming. TY says he doesn't mind and HW smiles.

DJ's mom call YS and tells her to come over because she needs to talk to her.

HW takes ES and TY to a club for Christmas Eve hoping her mom will leave but NOPE. ES walks straight in haha

Back at the Lee house. DJ's mom confronts YS about dating DJ. I don't think she approves. It ends here.

Preview for episode 36

DJ's mom is crying to DJ's dad about their relationship

YS and DJ go on a date

ES dances at the club lol

HS and JY seem to be still concerned with the preferential treatment. 

SD is outside the bakery in a Santa costume trying to bring in costumers

*I know I missed a couple scenes of the episode and if I said someone said something it may not be 100% right since I don't know korean. At the end it was switching around quickly to different scenes so it was hard to keep up.*

@TheMsChelsea91I wish you had a great time with your family tonight. I very much appreciate your time & effort for your wonderful live-recaps you have done for us several weeks so far. (I think its kind of hard and stressful process for me !) It helps appease my anxious heart a lot.

@natkat thank you very much for your recapping. You're my hero tonight. Fighting .. :)

BTW: Why YS is always doing dishes? nobody helping or its understood that its her job if shes around. I feel bad for her !

@natkat thanks for the recap. Wow looks like so many things are happening. It's much appreciated. I am so busy couldn't even get to Goblin ep 7.

Does ES feel neglected or what? I don't mind watching it but even I can't see where the writer is going with the plot here. I mean I know where HW and TY are heading but heck if I can see where they are going with the ES storyline.

Oh I just recalled several dramas which had a travel website PPL. I think it was expedia. And hearing that the newly married couple couldn't find a hotel toom made me recall this. It is hilarious that they didn't have it. So that they could do a hotel check rather then wasting time looking. All because of a PPL. The other drama characters used to so randomly look at hotels and surf the Internet. 

I decided to help out today since its Christmas Eve and all, however I missed the first 10 minutes of the show due to internet challenges but caught up.

1. Faux MIL tried to tell MS about DJ/YS but the brothers interfered and prevented it from happening. SD/SN took the lady to task for her actions. I think DJ/YS told MS the truth about their relationship.
  2. TY at the studio and the girls were interfering while the photographer is working to the point that he has kicked them out.
  3. SD goes to sneakily see YE without SN’s knowledge. At the bakery SD finds out about YE’s husband from the son – I think he died.
  4. SJ/DS tried to have their honeymoon but there seems to be no room at the hotel as they are all booked out and expensive.  They leave trying to find a room not successfully. Da Jeong calls DS asking about the honeymoon, they talk about YS/DJ pairing.
  5. YS was washing the dishes, DJ tried to help her and took the gloves away from her.  Of course as soon as he tries to help his mother came in and prevented that.  She kicks him out and scolds YS, he overhears her, tries to defend YS but the father prevented that. (So one has to understand YS’s hesitancy in being proactively affectionate with DJ with the chance of that mom coming around them at any time in the house, its not that she does not want to and the mom's snobbery/narrow mindedness where he is concerned)
  6. Faux MIL has been informed by HJ that GP will be released soon.  HJ has been informed that YS is living at the house which of course upsets her.
  7. There is a TY/HW scene at his workplace as to their date for Christmas Eve.
  8. YS is tired, however DJ comes to the room trying to cheer her up and encourage her to be strong for their relationship.  YS seems a bit negative, but he continues, she listens with hesitancy and hope.
  9. SD is about to get caught being around YE by SN. He walks with the sleeping child and YE but SN hides; YE tells him about her marriage.  They stop at her place laughing and talking, SN follows them to her place.  SN gets upset saying to herself that he is having an affair, she tries to recall when she last saw YE but her headaches are back stopping her from doing anything.
  10. SJ/DS still have no luck finding a hotel room, so since they were hungry they ate by a food truck. He serenades DS with Susanna (it actually sounds decent) in its entirety, DS smiles with tears and love in her eyes for SJ.
  11. DJ leaves the room after hugging YS and after talking a bit.
  12. The DJ mom is thinking about who DJ is dating, the hints and the possibility that YS is the woman but rejects that thought.
  13. SJ/DS meets everyone the next morning. DJ mom rejects YS’s offer to help.
  14. HJ is thinking about YS being at the house, DJ mom calls her, HJ stops by the house with a bribe and talk to her revealing that YS is that woman.
  15. There is another scene with TY/HW with Ms. Ko’s interference for their date.  They go to a club.
  16. DJ’s mom calls YS to the house, ready to confront her, DJ just misses her as she left, its a shame as he brought her flowers.  The show ends with the mom telling YS to leave the company – big mistake mother but not surprising at her hypocrisy where her son is concerned.  All knew this and that's why they kept the information a secret from her. 

Preview

YS is reflective after her talk with DJ’s mom.

DJ/YS have a date

There a more challenges with the couple with GP and faux MIL

Ms. Ko kicks up a storm clubbing, TY/HW holding hands in the club

HS/JY plans to run interference with TY/HW relationship

YS is thinking and making a decision regarding DJ and her (this is a real test for YS, hope she really fights for her happiness and DJ)

Take care and have a good Christmas everyone.

4 hours ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

thank you so much for sharing the pics @natkat :) Oh gosh, I really can't wait for this weekend's eps. I think TY will definitely get that modeling job and probably begin a successful modeling career. ES and HW always seem to have too much time on their hands so, what better way to channel all that time than to be the road manager/stylist and follow TY around? 

Unfortunately, I have a bad news for all of you for today.. I'm going out for dinner with the family and will not be able to live-cap tonight's episode :tears: Hopefully someone else can take over for today? Or just wait for the raw to be released or something. Really sorry. Will be back for tomorrow's ep as well. I'm kind of bummed too considering I'd miss today's ep live. But well, sometimes you just can't help it. 

Hope you guys have a blast today. and really hoping someone else can do a brief live-recap or something. I might be the one IN NEED of a live recap instead :sweatingbullets:

EDIT:

@bajing: On Wang's Family, I actually watched the drama but got upset with the ending so I excluded it from my recommendation. It had high ratings and all that but the ending was a letdown. I think it's worth a shot though because  the ending aside, the drama had pretty solid moments here and there. I was super invested in the life of Hobak and her husband's redemption. WOrth to mention too that the actress who plays Dongsook was in that drama as well. Although her character was evil there. As for Ojakgyo's Family, forgot to mention that Eunsook played a rich mother there too. Although her character was not evil there. She tends to play this rich housewife/overbearing mother, I notice. It suits her well..

Owhhhh too bad but its ok. Just enjoy ur family dinner. I will wait for ur live recap tomorrow.

Btw tq @natkat for ur recap today. So tt i can watch raw tonight. Appreciate ur effort dear

Merry christmas to all of u chinggus

1 hour ago, chasen8888 said:

I decided to help out today since its Christmas Eve and all, however I missed the first 10 minutes of the show due to internet challenges but caught up.

1. Faux MIL tried to tell MS about DJ/YS but the brothers interfered and prevented it from happening. SD/SN took the lady to task for her actions. I think DJ/YS told MS the truth about their relationship.
  2. TY at the studio and the girls were interfering while the photographer is working to the point that he has kicked them out.
  3. SD goes to sneakily see YE without SN’s knowledge. At the bakery SD finds out about YE’s husband from the son – I think he died.
  4. SJ/DS tried to have their honeymoon but there seems to be no room at the hotel as they are all booked out and expensive.  They leave trying to find a room not successfully. Da Jeong calls DS asking about the honeymoon, they talk about YS/DJ pairing.
  5. YS was washing the dishes, DJ tried to help her and took the gloves away from her.  Of course as soon as he tries to help his mother came in and prevented that.  She kicks him out and scolds YS, he overhears her, tries to defend YS but the father prevented that. (So one has to understand YS’s hesitancy in being proactively affectionate with DJ with the chance of that mom coming around them at any time in the house, its not that she does not want to and the mom's snobbery/narrow mindedness where he is concerned)
  6. Faux MIL has been informed by HJ that GP will be released soon.  HJ has been informed that YS is living at the house which of course upsets her.
  7. There is a TY/HW scene at his workplace as to their date for Christmas Eve.
  8. YS is tired, however DJ comes to the room trying to cheer her up and encourage her to be strong for their relationship.  YS seems a bit negative, but he continues, she listens with hesitancy and hope.
  9. SD is about to get caught being around YE by SN. He walks with the sleeping child and YE but SN hides; YE tells him about her marriage.  They stop at her place laughing and talking, SN follows them to her place.  SN gets upset saying to herself that he is having an affair, she tries to recall when she last saw YE but her headaches are back stopping her from doing anything.
  10. SJ/DS still have no luck finding a hotel room, so since they were hungry they ate by a food truck. He serenades DS with Susanna (it actually sounds decent) in its entirety, DS smiles with tears and love in her eyes for SJ.
  11. DJ leaves the room after hugging YS and after talking a bit.
  12. The DJ mom is thinking about who DJ is dating, the hints and the possibility that YS is the woman but rejects that thought.
  13. SJ/DS meets everyone the next morning. DJ mom rejects YS’s offer to help.
  14. HJ is thinking about YS being at the house, DJ calls her, HJ stops by the house with a bribe and talk to her revealing that YS is that woman.
  15. There is another scene with TY/HW with Ms. Ko’s interference for their date.  They go to a club.
  16. DJ’s mom calls YS to the house, ready to confront her, DJ just misses her as she left, its a shame as he brought her flowers.  The show ends with the mom telling YS to leave the company – big mistake mother but not surprising at her hypocrisy where her son is concerned.  All knew this and that's why they kept the information a secret from her. 

Preview

YS is reflective after her talk with DJ’s mom.

DJ/YS have a date

There a more challenges with the couple with GP and faux MIL

Ms. Ko kicks up a storm clubbing, TY/HW holding hands in the club

HS/JY plans to run interference with TY/HW relationship

YS is thinking and making a decision regarding DJ and her (this is a real test for YS, hope she really fights for her happiness and DJ)

Take care and have a good Christmas everyone.

Tq dear for recaps. Merry christmas to u

Oh nooo :tears: I was hoping for a happy episode on Christmas Eve but i'm a bit disappointed here...

The episode is saved by HW-TY-ES story but in the other side DJ-YS part is soo gloomy! I think this is the saddest ep from the 1st episode...

I hope tomorrow night they give us a good one, since from the preview i sense a sad one as well...

I really don't expect a break up, i already imagine YS quit from the tailor shop and just vanished to some other city :bawling:

3 hours ago, chasen8888 said:

SD goes to sneakily see YE without SN’s knowledge. At the bakery SD finds out about YE’s husband from the son – I think he died.

I think so too:tears:@chasen8888. The boy drew a framed picture (with a black ribbon hanging across the top) of his dad. He probably recalls seeing it at his funeral:tears:.

1 hour ago, delphinium8593 said:

Oh nooo :tears: I was hoping for a happy episode on Christmas Eve but i'm a bit disappointed here...

The episode is saved by HW-TY-ES story but in the other side DJ-YS part is soo gloomy! I think this is the saddest ep from the 1st episode...

I hope tomorrow night they give us a good one, since from the preview i sense a sad one as well...

I really don't expect a break up, i already imagine YS quit from the tailor shop and just vanished to some other city :bawling:

@delphinium8593: I kind of agree with you. I mean, I don't think the outlook is good for DJ-YS. She might just crack under the pressure and be the first party to back away from the relationship, what with GP being released soon and GJ opposing as usual. I kind of feel that for YS, she can take it if other people oppose her relationship with DJ, but not his mom, because she can never stop blaming herself for any falling out to happen because of this. She's too nice and in a way, naive that way. Looking at the preview of her dinner date with DJ, she's not smiling at all. I have this hunch (well, I might be 100% wrong) that YS will try to break up by the end of the date or by the end of tomorrow's episode. I do believe that DJ-YS will not get married without first going through this hitch in their relationship, including a temporary break up. I was hoping for the Christmas Eve ep too, especially TY-HW date, but oh well.. 

4 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Oh I just recalled several dramas which had a travel website PPL. I think it was expedia. And hearing that the newly married couple couldn't find a hotel toom made me recall this. It is hilarious that they didn't have it. So that they could do a hotel check rather then wasting time looking. All because of a PPL. The other drama characters used to so randomly look at hotels and surf the Internet. 

@ck1Oz: Yup, I agree. There are so many travel websites available it is really mind-boggling that neither DS nor TP thought of booking a hotel room before leaving on their honeymoon. Literally, this is unheard of for me, both in dramaland and reality. Impromptu trip or whatever, I understand, but this is a freaking honeymoon we're talking about. Granted, they probably thought it would be easy to get a room, but come on, the wedding is around Christmas, shouldn't they have figured it out that rooms would probably be fully booked because of the festive season or something? even if DS-TP were not tech-savvy, what about Dajeong? Couldn't she have brought it up to her mom beforehand? The topic of honeymoon must have cropped up somewhere after the wedding was confirmed. I blame this on the writers though. They probably wanted DS-TP to have that cute date where TP would perform or something but the scenario could've been different. Like an error occurred so their booking got cancelled or something. 

4 hours ago, sk0317 said:

@natkat Thank you so much for the live recaps and for posting the pictures too:)!

@natkat @TheMsChelsea91 and to all posters on this forum who are celebrating Christmas:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! winter  X-Mas_fireplace

@sk0317: aww.. thank you for the wishes :grin:, although, I don't celebrate Christmas hehe. I was away this evening for a Christmas buffet though. I do love this particular festive season though, even though I don't celebrate it. and it's a thing with my family to go to a hotel for a Christmas buffet because we want to enjoy Christmas-related food like Gingerbread, Christmas pudding, yule log cake, you know, things that you can't really get on normal days. I wish you a Happy Xmas and Happy Holidays too! 

4 hours ago, pimsucre said:

@TheMsChelsea91I wish you had a great time with your family tonight. I very much appreciate your time & effort for your wonderful live-recaps you have done for us several weeks so far. (I think its kind of hard and stressful process for me !) It helps appease my anxious heart a lot.

@natkat thank you very much for your recapping. You're my hero tonight. Fighting .. :)

BTW: Why YS is always doing dishes? nobody helping or its understood that its her job if shes around. I feel bad for her !

@pimsucre: Thank you, I had a blast. The buffet I went to had a chocolate fountain with marshmallow on stick and served 12 types of Baskin Robbins ice cream. The chocolate-holic in me went crazy with the sugar. Anxious heart? I think I can finally relate now. When I was away this evening, I kept checking out this forum, hoping that a kind soul would provide updates. I took this for granted the last time because live stream has always been available to me. I have to admit that live-capping is hard. But the more I do it, the easier it gets as I adapt to doing it. It's no problem for me at all because I love doing it and it's always a pleasure. 

And I agree with YS doing the dishes. I think that it's because YS is always the first person to go do the dishes/offer to do them because she wants to be helpful as a guest. They must have gotten used to it because they just let her. If she were in my house, I'd get the flack from my grandmother for having a guest do the dishes. 

@natkat: You're totally my hero for the day :heart: . NOt only were you kind enough to live-cap, you also kept on sharing new pics. You must've been busy this evening haha. THank you so much for your effort. I want to comment on Hyunwoo and Lee Se Young at KBS Ent Awards. They were totally mimicking their characters when they walked pn stage like that haha. They both looked stunning. And what's with that red carpet poses from both haha... @chasen8888: you wrote a recap too. Thank you so much for your effort :heart:

Now, I managed to catch the raw as soon as I got home. and I felt slightly disappointed, mainly, because of the pace. I mean, there' s nothing wrong with today's ep. There were lots of developments, especially with DJ-YS and of course, SN-SD. But as TY-HW are my main pair, I really hoped to see their date today, but oh well, I'll just wait for tomorrow. 

For SN-SD, I read that YE's husband died? That makes sense why she moved back to Korea. For now, I just wonder if YE knew about SN because it seems like she came back to find back her first love SD after her husband died or something. Please, don't let this be the case. I don't think SD's the kind of guy who would cheat, and sure, his heart would be stirred because YE was his first love after all. But, as I mentioned before, SD loves SN, no doubt about that. 

TY-HW, the focus is more on ES as the third wheel. Who saw that coming huh? It was sweet of TY to be so accommodating to ES when she tagged along everywhere. Such a stark contrast with HS-JY, who clearly didn't want ES to follow them on their date. See JY? this is why ES likes TY, not you! The photoshoot scene had me laughing out loud. ES was clearly living her dream to be a model through TY. And both girls got kicked off the set? How funny. and she called TY "Kang Star?" so cute. I also loved that HW tried to discourage her mother from tagging along when she led them to a club. ES wasn't backing down for sure and from the preview, she's definitely the wild one among the three. It looks like ES will get drunk tomorrow. I hope TY-HW will get at least some moment to themselves or they might need to wait till the new year instead. 

DJ-YS: what to say, they're facing obstacle after another. And now it's GJ. That lady was so superficial and materialistic. She was the one who went all about finding YS a good husband and all that, and complimenting YS, but YS is not for her precious son? and she wanted DJ to go back to HJ? Why else would it be if not for money? 

Anyway, we have 15 more eps to go and MS's health problem hasn't been fully addressed yet. I consider a closure for DS and TP now that they're married. So the focus will be more on the other 3 guys. Can't wait till the subs and the new ep tomorrow. Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays everyone  :wink:

Archived