[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

15 minutes ago, effyisme said:

@wizuwizu Me too... I never knew where the term "shipping" came from when I started hanging out in forums a year back.. I was literally scratching my head HAHAHA!!

hahahha... don't worry, you are not alone @effyisme; LOL it is only after I joined soompi, I learned shipping doesn't only refer to this:

Image result for shipping icon 

kekekek... and OTP? kept wondering who was this new character and looked it up in the chart and asked folks who this person was. hahahah... so someone explained that shipping means "I support this relationSHIP" and the phrase comes from the end of the word relationSHIP. and in case someone was wondering, OTP means one true pairing...

@wizuwizu ~ haven't come across 'stan' ; what is that?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lmangla HAHA!! It is true that story plots can get a little ridiculous but given my bias towards DJ/YS, please allow me to defend her (plssssss :w00t: and do not whack me too :blink:) It is true that she is very careless in how she handled the whole situation but I would say that she is down with cold (so she couldn't have smelt the kerosene and I am not sure if the room would already reeked of kerosene smell since it is a kerosene lamp and the entire carboy of kerosene for re-filling purposes was also placed in the room...)  In addition, this girl isn't in her correct state of mind plus she is coming down with a high fever..  Like I said, this is dramaland so the leading male lead will always be a HERO (even though it is super cliche) and the female lead will always be saved!!  In real life, she will be dead because of her carelessness and the whole farm could have been burnt down too... That is how freak accidents occur in real life too I guess, due to human error and carelessness..

OK AM RUNNING AWAY!!! HAHAHAHA :w00t:

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahha... don't worry, you are not alone @effyisme; LOL it is only after I joined soompi, I learned shipping doesn't only refer to this:

kekekek... and OTP? kept wondering who was this new character and looked it up in the chart and asked folks who this person was. hahahah... so someone explained that shipping means "I support this relationSHIP" and the phrase comes from the end of the word relationSHIP. and in case someone was wondering, OTP means one true pairing...

THANKS for enlightening me!! Until NOW, I am still figuring out what the heck is OTP!!!!

I also thought shipping literally means shipping like the ship HAHAHA so I came out with my own theory that it meant we are putting the couple on a ship and they will sail off being happily every after!! LOL

LOL @effyisme ~ you had me cracking up so much that I started coughing! hahahha... yea, I feel like the drama should put some public service announcement on how to properly handle kerosene lamp now! kekeke.... and it seems like both yun shil and dong jin should stay far away from fruit farms and fruit. dong jin almost drowned in a grape farm while yun shil almost died in a fire. at this rate, these two will not be eating any fruits and suffer from some vitamin deficiency! hahahahha..... :w00t:

@Lmangla bwahahaha I didn't know that where shipping came from.The last syllable of an actual word?! Wow. I knew OTP for a couple of years now. But stan is new. Stumbled upon the term repeatedly yesterday on YouTube. Think it's supposed to mean support? For idol groups mostly. Kids these days...God knows which word it came from. UnderSTANd? STANding by? LOL

Just now, Lmangla said:

LOL @effyisme ~ you had me cracking up so much that I started coughing! hahahha... yea, I feel like the drama should put some public service announcement on how to properly handle kerosene lamp now! kekeke.... and it seems like both yun shil and dong jin should stay far away from fruit farms and fruit. dong jin almost drowned in a grape farm while yun shil almost died in a fire. at this rate, these two will not be eating any fruits and suffer from some vitamin deficiency! hahahahha..... :w00t:

LOL! I think they both should avoid going out during rainy days too coz things also happened when it was raining... HAHAHA...

1 minute ago, wizuwizu said:

@Lmangla bwahahaha I didn't know that where shipping came from.The last syllable of an actual word?! Wow. I knew OTP for a couple of years now. But stan is new. Stumbled upon the term repeatedly yesterday on YouTube. Think it's supposed to mean support? For idol groups mostly. Kids these days...God knows which word it came from. UnderSTANd? STANding by? LOL

Don't worry I am seriously puzzled by the terms kids use nowadays.. pls don't laugh if I say I didn't actually know what YOLO meant until my friend told me! 

Now i know what is OTP really means hahahaaaa thanks to @Lmangla

Amyways, i love the way grandpa MS telling DJ where YS is indirectly when their having strawberries.. and i like the way HS snorts while his mumbling and being sacarstic. Its kinda hillarious:grin:

I hope in future episode there are more airtime for YS Dj scene.... both of them r look so great together..... 

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@LmanglaOMG all this time I thought SHIP came from worSHIP LMAO

Oh and if only our OTP can all come true :P For the past 3 weeks I keep on having this silly thoughts that Hyun Woo and Lee Se Young might date in real life, especially after I saw that look in Hyun Woo's eyes when Lee Se Young accepted her Best New Actress followed by her aegyo during their Best Couple acceptance speech. It gets even wilder when Lee Se Young kept on posting their couple pics.

Okay maybe I need to look at shippers' paradise thread and see if there's anyone else shipping them like I do LOL

19 minutes ago, effyisme said:

Don't worry I am seriously puzzled by the terms kids use nowadays.. pls don't laugh if I say I didn't actually know what YOLO meant until my friend told me! 

hahaha... so I actually looked it up now @effyisme since you mentioned it because I didn't know it either! hahahahha... yolo  stands for 'you only live once'.... @wizuwizu @rainbowcake0827 @caranthir_idril -- we all must be really old (different generation) that we are so perplexed by these terms! LOL... you know another term I think is weird that I learned from soompi? 143. learned it was "I love you" and I was like what is this weird mathematical equation? then had to count I - one letter; love - 4 letters; you - 3 letters; so 143. not sure why someone can't just type "I love you"... kekekeke.... lamo-smiley-face.gif?1302011385

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahaha... so I actually looked it up now @effyisme since you mentioned it because I didn't know it either! hahahahha... yolo  stands for 'you only live once'.... @wizuwizu @rainbowcake0827 @caranthir_idril -- we all must be really old (different generation) that we are so perplexed by these terms! LOL... you know another term I think is weird that I learned from soompi? 143. learned it was "I love you" and I was like what is this weird mathematical equation? then had to count I - one letter; love - 4 letters; you - 3 letters; so 143. not sure why someone can't just type "I love you"... kekekeke.... lamo-smiley-face.gif?1302011385

@Lmangla 143 say whaaat? I thought knowing what OTP stands for and what delulu means has fit me into "younger generation" :phew: I guess I still have lots to learn hahahaha..

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekekke... thanks @sk0317 for the info on what it should be like in real life. kekeke... but I still think it is pretty hilarious that someone from the farm couldn't just rescue her. no, she needed a guy to drive down x kms, navigate traffic jams and land there perfectly in time to rescue her. LOL. ah, the magic of dramaland. in real life, she would have been rescued by an old man at the farm, dong jin would have landed in the hospital and she would have got lectures for not knowing how to handle a kerosene lamp. hahahahah... but am glad for the heater company that the writer decided to use yun shil's stupidity as the cause for fire. otherwise, the PR would have a field day defending their product....

Sometimes I tend to forget I'm watching a K-drama Blush. Scenes tend to be dramatized for the required effect the writer is looking for. Your scenario of an old man from the farm dragging YS out of the fire had me Laugh bounce.

If DJ is still able to see where the water tap in the room is located, he could splash water on the cover YS was using and use it as a shield for them to try to get out of the room. The flames have become too strong and started to spread so I don't think it was possible to try to douse the fire with the cover.

1 hour ago, effyisme said:

@sk0317 @delphinium8593

Oh YES!! I forgot to mention the scene where DJ was talking to his mum in the kitchen.. I thought it was nicely played out especially when DJ told his mum how YS has changed him and now he is a happier man.. That was the main point all this while!! Well done!!

Based on the preview, HJ seems shocked and unhappy when MS and GJ mentioned that DJ is with YS (I guess this scene must have happened the next day after DJ rescued YS from the horrible fire..) I hope GJ will now fully realized that DJ cannot live without YS as she is his elixir :wub:  I also caught DJ saying to TP that he is sick and tired of living (I guess this was after he sent YS to the hospital and returned home looking all weary and exhausted).. He almost lost the love of his life!!

He hardly shed any tears after his divorce and had always been unhappy. When DJ met his father who was away on his "little trip",  DJ lamented being a failure. On hearing this, his father said he hopes DJ will be able to find something he likes to do by the time MS returns home. DJ seems to have found his "calling". He is so much happier now and if his mom really does care about his mental and emotional well being, she should set things right and not insist he should work for a bigger company. It's pretty insulting to hear her say the tailor shop her husband had dedicated his whole life working is a "small tailor shop". With MS's return, she seems to have forgotten how MS was dearly missed when it was decided the shop should be sold and the business discontinued. The streams of people coming by to the shop to visit, hoping MS has returned did not make an impact strong enough for her to remember:tears:. SD's words that his master is more of a philosopher than a tailor is unforgettable. MS has touched so many people and their lives during his tenure as the owner and master tailor of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop.

HJ suspected DJ was on his way to meet YS as she complained he was leaving her in the midst of their conversation when he received the call from the lady boss from the strawberry farm. He told her he has nothing left to say to her before briskly making a departure. She must be really pissed after hearing the couple were indeed together. I wonder if YS still insists not to return to Seoul despite her near brush with death? Is that what is breaking DJ's heart and is making him depressed and disheartened:tears:?

If that is the case, GJ needs to meet YS and clear things up before it is too late for her precious son (and YS). She was the one who started this mess and should be the one responsible to make things right.

January 8, 2017

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" Lee Dong-geon and Jo Yoon-hee break up

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo805362.jpg

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" Lee Dong-geon discovered the Jo Yoon-hee who left him for his sake but she pushed him out.

On the fortieth episode of the KBS 2TV drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop", Lee Dong-jin (Lee Dong-geon) headed for the strawberry farm where Na Yeon-sil (Jo Yoon-hee) was located.

Lee Man-sul (Sin Goo) told Lee Dong-jin that he met Yeon-sil in the afternoon. Lee Dong-jin wanted to know if Yeon-sil was well. Man-sul hinted where she was and Lee Dong-jin headed there right away.

Yeon-sil and Dong-jin reunited on the strawberry farm. She said, "Why did you come here? Do you know how hard it was to leave? If I take care of my emotions, no one will get hurt. We've only known each other for a few months. I am tired now".

Source: Ajunews

20170108132706266672.jpg

4 minutes ago, rainbowcake0827 said:

@Lmangla 143 say whaaat? I thought knowing what OTP stands for and what delulu means has fit me into "younger generation" :phew: I guess I still have lots to learn hahahaha..

hahahah @rainbowcake0827 ; you know even the term OTP initially had me perplexed. when someone said it stands for "one true pairing", my reaction was like is there fake pairings then (like placebo effect kinds)? see, this is why one shouldn't study statistics or science! you end up thinking way too rationally!!! hahahhaa.. and then some kind soul had to explain that this refers to the fate kind of idea that two people are meant to be together. it surprises me that we don't have a term to describe failed/fake pairings -- how would one describe the connection between dong jin and hyojoo or yun shil and gyo ppo? artist1-smiley-face.gif?1302011308

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahah @rainbowcake0827 ; you know even the term OTP initially had me perplexed. when someone said it stands for "one true pairing", my reaction was like is there fake pairings then (like placebo effect kinds)? see, this is why one shouldn't study statistics or science! you end up thinking way too rationally!!! hahahhaa.. and then some kind soul had to explain that this refers to the fate kind of idea that two people are meant to be together. it surprises me that we don't have a term to describe failed/fake pairings -- how would one describe the connection between dong jin and hyojoo or yun shil and gyo ppo? artist1-smiley-face.gif?1302011308

LIT - Lost in Translation for failed couples Haahaa

@Lmangla I learned the word YOLO when my students told me a year or so ago LOL. But when I also learned that the term tends to be used to justify reckless behaviour, I told them not to live that one life stupidly LOL I was born in the 80s, so I assume we're all in the same age group.

@rainbowcake0827 what on earth is delulu?! Sounds like a Pokemon.

@sk0317 I agree GJ was responsible for YS running away, but it is her own fault too. She needs to wake up (literally). If she really loves him, GP and his mom are nothing. DJ repeatedly assured her they're nothing too, so if she really loves him she should leave her noble idiocy in the burning house.

p/s: Is she going to have to pay for the burnt house/shed now? Strawberry Lady will ask for compensation I think.

11 minutes ago, wizuwizu said:

@Lmangla I learned the word YOLO when my students told me a year or so ago LOL. But when I also learned that the term tends to be used to justify reckless behaviour, I told them not to live that one life stupidly LOL I was born in the 80s, so I assume we're all in the same age group.

@rainbowcake0827 what on earth is delulu?! Sounds like a Pokemon.

@sk0317 I agree GJ was responsible for YS running away, but it is her own fault too. She needs to wake up (literally). If she really loves him, GP and his mom are nothing. DJ repeatedly assured her they're nothing too, so if she really loves him she should leave her noble idiocy in the burning house.

p/s: Is she going to have to pay for the burnt house/shed now? Strawberry Lady will ask for compensation I think.

LOL... @wizuwizu ~ yea, am in the same age group as you.. so it is good thing you explained the context behind YOLO otherwise I would be thinking of that optimistic bon jovi song "its my life, its now or never!".... hahahaha

am guessing @rainbowcake0827 is referring to the word delusional unless there is another meaning. in shipping threads, delu simply refers to romantic hopes or in ship/drama land reality as opposed to rational which refers to real world. and yea, strawberry lady should ask for yun shil for compensation. considering yun shil will pay for mean squatters non-mother-in-laws, she would be certainly kind enough to pay a lady whose shed she burnt down. kekekeke....

2 minutes ago, wizuwizu said:

The courage and confidence YS once had disappeared after GJ confronted her and asked her to leave the Lee's and the tailor shop. I guess she reverted to her "old" self thinking of how kind and generous the Lees were (especially MS) when YS first turned up at the tailor shop having just made an escape from a drunken GP. She strongly felt she has betrayed GJ's kindness and trust in her she feels compelled to agree to GJ's demands to leave DJ.

Yes and I like your expression that YS should leave her "noble idiocy in the burning house":). Real love will conquer all YS and withstand the test of time.

Would it be right to assume the lady boss has breached YS's employment contract (not that a written one is available:sweatingbullets:)? I can't be certain but I don't think YS was required to do deliveries but she did so as the lady boss' husband was not available the first time she asked YS to go to Seoul.

She continues to rely on YS for deliveries apart from making her work in the strawberry farm. Are there rules governing the "dorm" for live-in positions in SK? The condition of the room YS had to use is far from safe and sanitary. Considering the state of the room (old and run down), there was no fire alarm system installed. Ventilation was very poor and carton boxes (a fire hazard) were stored in the same room. Perhaps YS should counter sue:sweatingbullets: (we know she wouldn't) or try to negotiate if she is asked to compensate for the damages and loss incurred in the fire.

Sorry don't have the hang yet of quoting people :sweatingbullets: but for those who asked about the meaning of Stan.  

It comes from a song by Eminem called Stan about a man who is a huge obsessed crazy fan of his to the point this fan even mistreats his pregnant girlfriend. So today it is used (jokingly) to describe an obsessive fan of an artist.

10 hours ago, jimb said:

LOL.  I certainly have to give the writers points for originality.  This is the first instance I have heard of, in fiction or real life, where an unmarried woman falsely tells her MOTHER that she is pregnant.

It's funny you say this as I just finished marathoning another KBS drama All about My Mom and the character Chaeri reminded me a lot of HW (pretty rich girl falls for poorer boy) and she also lied about being pregnant thinking her father would accept her lover and they would get married quickly. I think it's a recurring theme with KBS and these types of dramas lol.

Btw Chaeri and her bf reminded me a lot of TY/HW couple except their character development was much more fleshed out :sweatingbullets: 

I hope the writers can at least give HW some career development.

Also I am the only one who finds it weird ES no longer cares about Meesa? I understand she wanted her son to have the position over DJ but ever since he got that position its like she doesnt even care to check if her son is doing the job well? And I'm not sure I understand why she wants DJ and HJ back together when that combo is a direct threat to her son's future. Has she stopped caring about her son alltogether? lol 

And really why does HJ need DJ so bad to run Meesa apparel? She seems perfectly qualified and intelligent enough to run the business herself. I wish she'd just snatch that company from her useless half brother and run it herself lol and hope the writers don't keep using her as plot devise to continue this nonexistent love triangle...  

4 minutes ago, Rita86 said:

I hope the writers can at least give HW some career development.

Also I am the only one who finds it weird ES no longer cares about Meesa? I understand she wanted her son to have the position over DJ but ever since he got that position its like she doesnt even care to check if her son is doing the job well? And I'm not sure I understand why she wants DJ and HJ back together when that combo is a direct threat to her son's future. Has she stopped caring about her son alltogether? lol 

And really why does HJ need DJ so bad to run Meesa apparel? She seems perfectly qualified and intelligent enough to run the business herself. I wish she'd just snatch that company from her useless half brother and run it herself lol and hope the writers don't keep using her as plot devise to continue this nonexistent love triangle...  

Hi @Rita86. I too wish the writers can give HW some career development. In this drama, unlike HS, HW has shown more maturity by the way she reasons with herself before coming to the conclusion she doesn't want to break up with TY over his past relationship with JY.

I think Ms. Ko is currently too occupied with her new role to groom TY into a Hallyu star:).

During the judging of the bespoke suits' competition, HJ mentioned she knows nothing about suits:sweatingbullets:. I guess she realizes the gem she had lost in DJ after letting him go and now badly wants a reconciliation.

Archived