[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

41 minutes ago, jimb said:

@stroppyse  Writes that Juran might be scammed into allowing a DT-SW wedding even without a Family Meeting.

That brings up an interesting point which DY made to SW in ep.  119: 

The bride/s family is expected to pay for the wedding.

Juran might give the Family Meeting a pass, but she'll want to know why "Lee Sera's" family isn/t paying for the wedding.

Particularly after footing the bill for HR's recent extravaganza.

Well, I speculated before that SW could claim that her parents don't want her to marry DT since the Sul's were just not good enough to marry into the Lee's Empire O' Financial Success. SW would be appropriately embarrassed telling this to JR, of course. This would panic JR into thinking that they should register the marriage of DT and SW first so that SW's "parents" couldn't continue to object. Once the deed was safely done, then JR could push to meet her new fabulously wealthy in-laws. Therefor, no family meeting and no expense to be borne by SW to be legally married. And, JR would be the patsy waiting hopefully to meet her new in-laws so that she could apologize that their children were so in love and went and eloped, but now they should do the wedding properly. Of course, the joke is on her when there are no new fabulously wealthy in-laws to hobnob with. Just the countrified gold-digger that her husband happened to fall in love with. On the bright side for JR, this will probably mean that MS and SA won't get together since their children are married. No idea why DT would go along with this scheme other than he's so whipped and beaten with having to take responsibility for apparently getting raped while passed out, that he has lost all self will. Oh yeah, plus his mother told him to do it. 

All of this is speculation on my part as a way for SW to become married with JR and DT being the patsies who enable her to do so. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Well, I speculated before that SW could claim that her parents don't want her to marry DT since the Sul's were just not good enough to marry into the Lee's Empire O' Financial Success. SW would be appropriately embarrassed telling this to JR, of course. This would panic JR into thinking that they should register the marriage of DT and SW first so that SW's "parents" couldn't continue to object. Once the deed was safely done, then JR could push to meet her new fabulously wealthy in-laws. Therefor, no family meeting and no expense to be borne by SW to be legally married. And, JR would be the patsy waiting hopefully to meet her new in-laws so that she could apologize that their children were so in love and went and eloped, but now they should do the wedding properly. Of course, the joke is on her when there are no new fabulously wealthy in-laws to hobnob with. Just the countrified gold-digger that her husband happened to fall in love with. On the bright side for JR, this will probably mean that MS and SA won't get together since their children are married. No idea why DT would go along with this scheme other than he's so whipped and beaten with having to take responsibility for apparently getting raped while passed out, that he has lost all self will. Oh yeah, plus his mother told him to do it. 

All of this is speculation on my part as a way for SW to become married with JR and DT being the patsies who enable her to do so.

LOL. OM Goodness @stroppyse. Star You have come up with the perfect theory and plot the writers could kill for. A plan so 'logical' they would never have imagined and written themselves! And if they are trolling us, they might copy and paste your post and use it as the tool/script to finish off JR and mommy' boy.

Sam Wol is so confident that  Dong Tak will "love" her as long as Dan Yi is out of sight. That is why she is pressuring Dan Yi to leave the company. Dong Tak is totally uncomfortable around her.

Yoon Jae is in the same boat thinking that Dan Yi will go back to him since Dan Yi had broken up with Dong Tak. 

Mother and daughter duo do not realise they are up for betrayal big time by Yoon Jae.

I regretted watching the English subbed version of episode 119.  I should have relied on @jimb's recaps instead because now I need a bigger sick bucket after witnessing SW slowly but surely killing DT inside out with her guilt tripping tactics. If she keeps this up, I am afraid it would be DT who could end up being the suicidal one in the end. :tears:

# It looks like SW doesn't know how to enter a car gracefully..

## Assumption: People in k-dramas rarely called an ambulance; it's easier to get into a car and drive to the hospital or doctor.

hmm good read on  every  post...

why  will the writers  force DT to marry  SW? so much  to go  wrong.  DT does not love SW.( all the  flashbacks of happy  times with  DY),SW does not love DT,she only wants  DT cause   his family is  rich..  will the writers  make  this golddigger SW  the winner by  letting her  marry DT? 

SA fell in   love  this  late in her  life  with MS, and  he with  her.  this is more of a good love in a way, none of them are  greedy,and  both  are hard  workers. IF DT marries  SW   then  the truth  comes  out  about  who  SW is, it  will be too late for SA/MS to be together,  DT can't go back to DY after divorcing   her niece. no  way  DY will reunite with YJ  ,by now  he  will be   caught . an a conman, with  maybe no  job.

seems all relationships  will break down  and everyone  go their own way . no happy  ending for  anyone.

lol lets hope no  marriage  happens between DT/SW. but  still DT can't go to  dating DY again   not  when he finds out DY is SW aunt. lol it just  does not feel right for a man to date an aunt and niece with marriage as  the end road. feels  sick  and dirty. eew.

36 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

I regretted watching the English subbed version of episode 119.  I should have relied on @jimb's recaps instead because now I need a bigger sick bucket after witnessing SW slowly but surely killing DT inside out with her guilt tripping tactics. If she keeps this up, I am afraid it would be DT who could end up being the suicidal one in the end. :tears:

# It looks like SW doesn't know how to enter a car gracefully..

## Assumption: People in k-dramas rarely called an ambulance; it's easier to get into a car and drive to the hospital or doctor.

@sk0317 no apologies needed :) As of now, everything SW says is gut-churning. It is all bad whatever she says. 

I am disappointed that the real LSR appeared only at the end of the episode. So we have to wait until Monday to see how SW reacts. Now we know she has taken a presumably big ticket loan under LSR's name. What excuse will she give SR?

I do have some regrets too watching 119 with subs. Poor DT, getting tortured like this. He has lost the will to fight for happiness , since DY has left him.

17 minutes ago, sgfan said:

@sk0317 no apologies needed :) As of now, everything SW says is gut-churning. It is all bad whatever she says. 

I am disappointed that the real LSR appeared only at the end of the episode. So we have to wait until Monday to see how SW reacts. Now we know she has taken a presumably big ticket loan under LSR's name. What excuse will she give SR?

I do have some regrets too watching 119 with subs. Poor DT, getting tortured like this. He has lost the will to fight for happiness , since DY has left him.

Is it normal that I have never hated a character as much as SW? Some villains are so good at their acting I avoid them like plague. But SW is on a different level; I find her repulsive and stomach churning disgusting.:tears: I might have to go back to 'lurking' instead of watching the full episodes until I am sure SW is gone for good. The writers are really taking us for a long ride and treat us like 'fools with no common sense' and just as brain dead as JR. I have a bad feeling the reappearance of LSR has no effect whatsoever on SW as she was seen walking next to DT when SA appeared at Bonjour. Did she manage to convince LSR to allow her to use her identity on certain conditions? BTW what is the loan for? To fund her extravagant lifestyle or imminent engagement? SW's bold and daring tactics to take up a big loan might cause the financial credibility of the real LSR to fall considerably should she have problems prepaying it.

DT is like a 'living dead'; he is in a very very sad and sorry state indeed. I really pity and feel bad for him. Will he ever return to his cheerful self again? It's too hard and unbearable to watch him now. I think he is suffering more than DY by getting himself stuck with SW. Will DT be able to see a small ray of light at the end of this long and winding tunnel? Pull yourself together DT and do something to get out of this vicious and toxic cycle!

4 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

Is it normal that I have never hated a character as much as SW? Some villains are so good at their acting I avoid them like plague. But SW is on a different level; I find her repulsive and stomach churning disgusting.:tears: I might have to go back to 'lurking' instead of watching the full episodes until I am sure SW is gone for good. The writers are really taking us for a long ride and treat us like 'fools with no common sense' and just as brain dead as JR. I have a bad feeling the reappearance of LSR has no effect whatsoever on SW as she was seen walking next to DT when SA appeared at Bonjour. Did she manage to convince LSR to allow her to use her identity on certain conditions? BTW what is the loan for? To fund her extravagant lifestyle or imminent engagement? SW's bold and daring tactics to take up a big loan might cause the financial credibility of the real LSR to fall considerably should she have problems prepaying it.

DT is like a 'living dead'; he is in a very very sad and sorry state indeed. I really pity and feel bad for him. Will he ever return to his cheerful self again? It's too hard and unbearable to watch him now. I think he is suffering more than DY by getting himself stuck with SW. Will DT be able to see a small ray of light at the end of this long and winding tunnel? Pull yourself together DT and do something to get out of this vicious and toxic cycle!

I think SW took out the loan to pay her bills. We've seen that she's in debt already because of bills piling up, not to mention the credit card charges for purchases of things to give to JR and the various tickets to events. She doesn't have nearly the money, even borrowing as LSR to pay for the engagement or wedding herself.

As @anbud said, at this point, I don't see how DT can go back to DY or stay with SW either. It's nauseating to think that he wanted to marry the aunt, and now is looking at getting engaged to the niece and thinks he has slept with her. At least he doesn't realize it now, but he will some day and then he will be hard on himself, even though, he's the innocent party to all this. I fault DY for withholding that bit of information from DT. She should not have let him get to that state. If he knew that SW was DY's niece, even if he could have been convinced not to expose SW, he would not have agreed to date SW for any reason. Now that he thinks that he has had intimate relations with the niece, regardless of the fact that nothing happened, he can't go back to DY either once he discovers that they are aunt and niece. That's just plain disgusting all the way around. And, DY should be castigated for putting the man that she supposedly loves into this mess. Even if she decided to dump DT as she did, she owed it to him to give him information so that he can make a determination for himself. DT will be disgusted with himself, probably, once he realizes SW and DY's relationship, mostly because the writer(s) have made him that kind of a man. So, DY, knowing how DT is, has just willingly put him into an impossible situation because of some no-to-low probability event of SW killing herself which, btw, SW has never shown any indication of doing. The suicide just came out of the blue and DY was written to treat it as a serious threat. And, when SA as SW's mother wanted to set her kid straight, DY is the one to restrain SA from doing so.

This drama is just so messed up. The extension really took a bad drama and made it worse. I don't even have it in me to wish the actors and production well because I think it plays so carelessly with majorly disturbing social themes.

After this nightmare for DT, I'm actually hoping that the real LSR is able to rescue him from this quagmire not of his making. 

And, all this, btw, is just from watching a couple of the clips. Good thing I don't watch entire episodes. Darn it, @jimb, if only your recaps weren't so humorous, I wouldn't even be tempted to view the clips. Thank you, btw. ;) 

@sk0317 I think SW will keep  that detail she is using  LSR name from her . SW  might  tell some lies, that she  had  to pay  the bills for the apartment  and such. who knows  LSR might even help SW with  some  money. LSR might find out  about her name being  abused  by  SW  by  finding the loan papers in  the apartment.or maybe SW will tell LSR she will be leaving the apartment soon, cause she is  getting married...SW will have to  rush that  marriage  before  LSR finds about  her fraud. as another poster  said, to lie  about her rich  father does not  want  this marriage.  but  SW does. so, JR takes pity and  try to have a  rush quiet wedding and fix the small details later  regarding SW fake  father.

hope SW gets  caught before all this  goes into plan. so many  people knows  where  SW lives and work. hope CJ drops  by  for a  visit when SW is  out on a date with DT and gets to meet the real SR. SW is not  expecting to see CJ  visiting her  again.

lets see what SA will say on monday, SA will have to pretend not to know SW and only talk to DT. will she say  any  anything or keep on like DY  covering up the  facts that   DT was dating her SIL and now moved on to her  daughter.

i forgot to mention, that DT will think SA came to see  him,when she really  went there to  see SW.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think SW took out the loan to pay her bills. We've seen that she's in debt already because of bills piling up, not to mention the credit card charges for purchases of things to give to JR and the various tickets to events. She doesn't have nearly the money, even borrowing as LSR to pay for the engagement or wedding herself.

As @anbud said, at this point, I don't see how DT can go back to DY or stay with SW either. It's nauseating to think that he wanted to marry the aunt, and now is looking at getting engaged to the niece and thinks he has slept with her. At least he doesn't realize it now, but he will some day and then he will be hard on himself, even though, he's the innocent party to all this. I fault DY for withholding that bit of information from DT. She should not have let him get to that state. If he knew that SW was DY's niece, even if he could have been convinced not to expose SW, he would not have agreed to date SW for any reason. Now that he thinks that he has had intimate relations with the niece, regardless of the fact that nothing happened, he can't go back to DY either once he discovers that they are aunt and niece. That's just plain disgusting all the way around. And, DY should be castigated for putting the man that she supposedly loves into this mess. Even if she decided to dump DT as she did, she owed it to him to give him information so that he can make a determination for himself. DT will be disgusted with himself, probably, once he realizes SW and DY's relationship, mostly because the writer(s) have made him that kind of a man. So, DY, knowing how DT is, has just willingly put him into an impossible situation because of some no-to-low probability event of SW killing herself which, btw, SW has never shown any indication of doing. The suicide just came out of the blue and DY was written to treat it as a serious threat. And, when SA as SW's mother wanted to set her kid straight, DY is the one to restrain SA from doing so.

This drama is just so messed up. The extension really took a bad drama and made it worse. I don't even have it in me to wish the actors and production well because I think it plays so carelessly with majorly disturbing social themes.

After this nightmare for DT, I'm actually hoping that the real LSR is able to rescue him from this quagmire not of his making. 

And, all this, btw, is just from watching a couple of the clips. Good thing I don't watch entire episodes. Darn it, @jimb, if only your recaps weren't so humorous, I wouldn't even be tempted to view the clips. Thank you, btw. ;) 

Excellent post and thank you @anbud for highlighting the 'sick and yucky' factors in this drama. Why do the writers make the characters involved in relationships change partners lightly/casually as if they are changing socks? You brilliantly summed up this drama @stroppyse. When I sit down and think about it, it's really disturbing the writers think it's alright to write a script with such sickening undertones and show it to viewers on prime time TV.  And yes as per your observation, DY herself urged SW to come clean and tell DT her real identity before marrying him as DT is kind and will understand her. Why didn't DY tell DT about her relationship with SW while they were dating then for the same reasons she gave SW? It's absurd and why also tell SA she will deal with SW herself as SA is busy taking care of her mother? Why doesn't she take care of her own mother for a change and let SA handle and talk to SW instead? Has it ever occurred to DY that SW has never respected her and listened to her advice? DY's conversations with SW always seem to end on this note, 'Sam Wol...'. And imagine this mess will continue to play out for another 30 episodes...:blink:

# Many thanks to @jimb for tediously providing the posters here with his witty recaps. From now on, I'm gong to 'swear' by them:).

@sk0317, I agree that SW gets on my nerves too, but I have to say that she's kind of mild compared to some of the villains I've seen in dramas. However, I think what I find most repulsive about her is she's touching on a 'tabooish' theme of a niece dating the same man as her aunt. SW thinks DY spent the night with DT when they stayed at the beach and yet she has no problem in trying to sleep with him too--that's why she keeps asking him to come up to her place...that is what I find disgusting about her character.  Her character also comes across as suffering some type of mental illness as she threaten to harm herself if DY don't let her have her way.

DY's character is the one that is getting on my nerves out of all the characters in this drama. She has no depth and not able to protect what is important to her. 

@stroppyse, I agree, they are playing very loose with disturbing themes:

- SW wanting to marry her aunt's boyfriend and is now engaged to him although he was engaged to her aunt

- SW's mother has romantic feelings for DT's father and DT's father likes her

- KC's act of adultery and having his pregnant mistress move into the house with his wife (reminds me of the drama Happy Home--disappointing)

All these people are just so trashy to me.  Sadly, somewhere along the way, my resentment of YJ isn't as strong as it used to be.  I find myself skipping through the episodes and gain my pure entertainment from reading @jimb recaps (thanks)--which are better than the drama itself.

4 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Sam Wol is so confident that  Dong Tak will "love" her as long as Dan Yi is out of sight. That is why she is pressuring Dan Yi to leave the company. Dong Tak is totally uncomfortable around her.

Yoon Jae is in the same boat thinking that Dan Yi will go back to him since Dan Yi had broken up with Dong Tak. 

Mother and daughter duo do not realise they are up for betrayal big time by Yoon Jae.

@Jackie1048.... Annyeong Chingu, It's been a long time since we were ever in the same thread. The mother duo deserves everything coming their way.  How can they both be so spoiled and rotten. HR stole YJ away from DY and expect him to love her and knew he was in  relationship and still pursued him because he ignored her . What kind of nonsense is that. A relationship like that only work if the person you are pursuing has any interest in you. 

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@sk0317, I agree that SW gets on my nerves too, but I have to say that she's kind of mild compared to some of the villains I've seen in dramas. However, I think what I find most repulsive about her is she's touching on a 'tabooish' theme of a niece dating the same man as her aunt. SW thinks DY spent the night with DT when they stayed at the beach and yet she has no problem in trying to sleep with him too--that's why she keeps asking him to come up to her place...that is what I find disgusting about her character.  Her character also comes across as suffering some type of mental illness as she threaten to harm herself if DY don't let her have her way.

DY's character is the one that is getting on my nerves out of all the characters in this drama. She has no depth and not able to protect what is important to her. 

- SW wanting to marry her aunt's boyfriend and is now engaged to him although he was engaged to her aunt

- KC's act of adultery and having his pregnant mistress move into the house with his wife (reminds me of the drama Happy Home--disappointing)

All these people are just so trashy to me.  Sadly, somewhere along the way, my resentment of YJ isn't as strong as it used to be.  I find myself skipping through the episodes and gain my pure entertainment from reading @jimb recaps (thanks)--which are better than the drama itself.

Great post! I wonder what the Korean audience think of these plots and do they still find the story with a wacky twist in such relationships 'stimulating' and entertaining enough to talk about and continue to support this drama? Does it continue to captivate their hearts although the undertones are utterly and morally wrong? People make a fuss when a best friend steals another best friend's BF/GF...but it's perfectly acceptable here niece SW goes after the same man who has dated and whom she thought might have slept with her own aunt? I might be suffering from a mild concussion for trying to take in so much of this information all at once. This drama is on all levels of wrong for me, but do the domestic viewers find it 'revolutionary' and a break from the 'norm'? The women in this drama are portrayed as selfish and seem to like to use threat as their weapon to get attention and to have things done their way. I honestly doubt the psycho SW would attempt to even harm herself because she loves herself too much and puts her own interests before others. She has shown to be very good at inflicting 'harm' and hurt on people around her... 

YJ is still a baddie but apart from him, I can't think of another character who is able to tear down the Sul's empire and gain control of Bonjour. Also I like the way he chided SW for her role in telling on him. I must thank all the posters here for their contributions and participation in this thread. And also for making the discussion lively and interesting:). Happy weekend!

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I absolutely agree...way too many taboos in this drama....I don't think SW will be successful especially if YJ is successful in what he is planning and I am praying he is. SW will abandon DT afterall she doesn't love him, but what he represents. SW has never valued anything over money PERIOD. Also Korea has a big no-no on inner marriage kinda thing so you already know SW is doomed from the get go!

The whole storyline of KC reminds me a lot like a Thai drama....even though in this case teh wife is wrong, but in thai dramas...the husband loves the wife and yet feels he has the right to diddly elsewhere. SMH.

@sk0317, Happy weekend to you!!  

Sadly, the ratings for this drama is high for its time slot. I think it's 1st place---go figure.  I find that interesting because just like @Triton823 mentioned about the double in-laws taboo in Korea, I'm surprised that this drama is rated so highly with all the taboo relationships and subject matters.  

I really don't like DT's mother, so I'm rooting for YJ to bring chaos to her world--she needs to be brought down a peg or two. 

In regards to the scene in the preview for ep 120 where SA sees SW and DT together. The writers will probably have SW push DT into a elevator or something like that to avoid meeting SA. But DT has already seen  SA approaching them and knowing his character he will want to apologize to her even if he does feel guilt for having  moved on from DY. SW can't speak to SA in front of DT in any way since she is not supposed to even know who SA is. The only other possibilities are 1)  DY sees the situation unfolding and pulls SA away before she can confront SW and DT. 2) SA sees JR or even better sees JR greeting DT and SW .  She then realizes who MS's wife really is and thus also who MS really is (CEO and ex CEO of Bonjour). The shock of all this stops her in her tracks  and she leaves without meeting SW.

In regards to the idea that SW might get actors to portray SR's parents. This can't happen because at he beginning of ep 81 the grandfather  says that he met SR' s father in the U.S. before he founded the clothing company. This would also make it difficult for SW to claim that SR' parents are against the marriage. They would be insulting the grandfather who they already know. The grandfather would also likely call SRs'  parents to ask whats up with the rejection. Even if SW said they're to busy to attend the wedding the grandfather would likely call them to congratulate them.  Unless the writers take us for complete idiots a SR' DT marriage cannot take place without SW's cover being blown. 

7 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Sadly, the ratings for this drama is high for its time slot. I think it's 1st place---go figure.  I find that interesting because just like @Triton823 mentioned about the double in-laws taboo in Korea, I'm surprised that this drama is rated so highly with all the taboo relationships and subject matters.  

I really don't like DT's mother, so I'm rooting for YJ to bring chaos to her world--she needs to be brought down a peg or two. 

@lclarakl I think it is is all about the taboos that makes it a great drama. Truthfully , the acting by female lead is really bad but the storyline is what keeeps me coming back for more.SMH H SMH ... Kdramas have ruined me for americantv shows. 

@sk0317 very sorry to hear about your bad experience in your youth. You have been unlucky not once but twice. Hopefully you are safe now but I can understand how traumas like these can stay with one for life. Hopefully those people will get their due it is just unfortunate that you had to suffer for it. Just live cautiously and use your experiences to help and advice others to avoid said fate.

Since we are talking about stalking and all in this drama I will have to agree that March does indeed indicate stalker like behavior but unlike your standard stalker who is slightly dangerous and can cause psychological damage to his victims March is more dangerous because she comes under class/grade/level 2 stalker which is far more dangerous. Why do I say that is simply because your regular stalker is obsessed and infatuated with their victim. But they mostly keep their distance while trying to get to the next level and all. Thus depending on their level they can either keep their distance and observe their targets without their knowledge but try to be in control. Yes for many it is the sense of power and hold that they think that they have on their victim. Some even live on that fear of the victim thinking that only they can protect them from the crazies not realizing that they themselves are the danger to said people or as I said they like being in control. Something like bullies and all. Then they may try to get into the persons daily life without their knowledge to know more about their victim and thus trying to prove that they have a connection by perhaps having something in common and all. So they may try to get entrance into their targets life such as pretending to use their phone or something just to get access to them and then cause some kind of distraction to further leave their mark such as leaving behind some kind of camera or listening device in the persons home or if they used their victims smart phone to leave behind a spying software to thus intercept all messages and calls or leave it on sound detection so whenever they speak the phone records their conversations and the stalker can then listen to them later on. But regardless of all that I think I better leave these points before I either get reported or someone gets the wrong idea. But what I am trying to say is that these stalkers are generally at a distance and people at times can feel something of but can't always place it so they may have the feeling that they are watched or being stalked but can't always say so with certainty and all. Ofcourse like I mentioned sometimes the stalkers might not hesitate and show themselves being bold and all. Thus giving themselves away sort of.

But a level 2 is more dangerous because in this case the stalker has somehow managed to find a way to worm themselves into their targets life without the target ever being even aware that they had been stalked. The only way that a stalker may give themselves away in this case would be if they use some knowledge that they know of the target without them being told about it. For instance someone I know is allergic to Kiwis. From what I hear that if they have it one more time it can be fatal for them. Now lets say that a stalker knows this and they order a meal/salad and that has Kiwis in it. They will try to remove it so that their target isn't harmed. If questioned how they knew about it they may claim that the person told them previously and that might work (depending on the length of the relationship and all. Then again it might not) So in this case March used the connection that she was from the same area in the States with Dong Tak to get closer to him and then she further lied to his family about her background and all simply to get closer to them and all. All this time none of them have been any wiser to her tricks. Now there are a few ways to expose her lies but as of now no one is really thinking about that because they have all been successfully duped by her and all.

For instance her cover is only good because as of now she is mixing her lies with half truths making it a bit harder to verify facts. So for instance she hasn't made up an identity from scratch but taken on a real living persons identity so a lot of her story can sort of be verified unless Juran and company ask for visible proof such as perhaps a family picture or something which March surprisingly doesn't have at home (considering that it is all fake on her part it isn't surprising at all to us). But even then her identity has a few more flaws and if poked properly they may bring down her lies crashing down. So as of now the only knowledge that she March has is what she has looked up but that again is limited to actually knowing a fact. Thus if Dong Tak who has actually lived in Boston brings up some fact which she doesn't know boom she will be in trouble sort of. Perhaps he may tell her of some place that he liked to frequent and March trying to form a better connection says that she likes the same place and likes to still frequent it and all not knowing that place has been shut down now or has newer management and perhaps the quality has gone down from said place and all. This should make a normal person a bit suspicious but knowing Dong Tak he will fall for any excuse that she will give him. Then the grandfather could ask March for her father's number which she naturally wouldn't have or maybe he may talk with the dad on his own and discover the lies that March has been telling them and all. Such as she told them that she looks up to her father a lot and all but the dad will say that ever since he got remarried his daughter and him have been on bad terms that they don't talk with each other anymore. Ofcourse to this March could simply say that she was embarrassed that her dad got remarried again that she didn't want to mention it to Dong Tak's family and all. It does kind of make sense to me atleast.

I am glad that I got the Mr. Han identity correct. Thought for a moment that I may have confused him with the guy who is helping out Young Jae from China with his shady deals and all. He is currently Young Jae's Yes Man. Basically he was hired because Lanky Guy was poking his nose where it didn't belong such as investigating into the product complaints even after Young Jae told him to stop and all and he was close to figuring out the truth and all thus posing a danger for Young Jae and he realized he needed to cover his tracks better.

Someone said that Lee Sera may kick out March for getting her credit cards in the Red. Is that really the case? I would assume that no matter how much in a hurry one is that they wouldn't forget certain important things even if they run and credit cards would certainly come in this department as well as passports, ID Cards etc... So I doubt that March has been using her credit cards. Could she make new ones in the name of the real Lee Sera. I think that might be slightly possible but unlikely. I don't know how things work in Korea in regards to banks and all but if this was real life I would think that banks atleast would use some kind of verification to confirm the identity of the person making the credit card which would include more than just some information on paper but also require some sort of visual verification. So they could as for a copy of ones ID Card as verification. Now as one knows that ID Cards has the picture of said individual so even if March somehow got the ID Card of the real Lee Sera her picture wouldn't match as they look nothing alike. If banks don't have such precautionary steps what is stopping someone else to simply make a few different accounts and all without getting caught and all. The only way that March could have fooled the bank is if she used some of her underworld contacts to make her a new identity and all that could pass scrutiny and all. Then again this is a drama which isn't exactly there in the smart department. Such as the company has hired her without a proper research and all. For instance they didn't bother to verify her identity from any of her past job experiences unless she mentioned that this would have been her first job and all, nor did they check her ID Card identity. I guess when her identity is going to be exposed someone in the HR department is going to lose their job for not doing it properly and all.

In regards to March and everyone else telling Dong Tak to take responsibility for his actions that night. I would say that if Dong Tak was in doubt get proof of something that happened. Such as if he even has any. The most that he can have is if she ends up pregnant. That can only be found out after some time so they can easily wait. If she claims to be pregnant (fake or real) again wait for the child. If it is fake then she will have to get pregnant for real because he wouldn't marry her otherwise (or rather shouldn't) and if she does wait till the child is born for verification that it is even his child in the first place. After all it is better safe than sorry. Unfortunately that isn't how it works in some countries. They are made to take responsibilities for their own actions and all. Plus the girl is going to be looked down upon and her marriage prospects easily go down as well. Thus to save her reputation and all they quickly get her married of. So if she is pregnant as she may claim they may rush of the marriage and all and later on regret it in the future but by then it will already be to late.

So the Aunt is living in the awkward room and all. LoL I had a feeling that would be the case. :) On one hand it does sort of make sense and all but practically that doesn't really work. Atleast not without telling Gong Joo the truth. In the end instead of making the relationship better between the two it will only make it worse and Gong Joo is going to have nothing but resentment towards her dad and stepmother. Also the Ex is being absurd by being jealous of the teacher and all. She was the one that left her family in the past so regardless of her intentions when she returned she was expecting to much if she thought that she could get right back where she left of as if nothing had happened. She is clearly part of Camp Delusional though atleast she is slightly better because she is more ready to accept the reality even if she doesn't agree with it.

Can't say the same about the other members of said Camp. Young Jae must be really full of himself to think that Dani will ever come back to him if he were to divorce Hyeri or that she was breaking up with Dong Tak because she still had feelings for him even though she has told him numerous times that not only are they over but that she has no more feelings for him, Juran and March thinking that if Sunae, and Dani were to reject their men those men would be forced to come to them. Juran needs to realize that her relationship with her husband is so baddy shattered that even if Sunae were to reject him he still wouldn't come to be with her. Instead he could easily end up marrying someone else. The same for March she needs to realize that one can't easily turn their feelings on and of like a dial on some device and that they will come to them if their true love rejects them. They would realistically need some time to get over their breakup. Though Hyeri and Young Jae aren't a good example in this case.

LoL March keeps threatening all these people that she would kill herself if her identity is exposed and all. Good luck in that department. Atleast then D & D could be together with atleast one less obstacle to worry about. Ofcourse they would still need the blessings of both families which would take time and all but that can be done and all.

Nice BTS picture @sgfan. Hyeri looks so much nicer in that then in the drama :) can't tell who is who in the 3 picture though.

@valsava I don't think that March can call fake actors for the family meeting because the grandfather claims to know her dad and all. So that might be a bit problematic on her end. She may get lucky though if the grandfather can't make it to the meeting for some reason or the other. But one would expect said parents to show up at the wedding atleast and one can be sure that the grandfather will be there for said event thus her lies would be exposed. Though knowing Juran the damage would be to late and her pride won't allow the wedding to be cancelled and all. Perhaps a divorce later on and all but we will have to wait and see. what happens.

The problem regarding the bit where Dong Tak spent the night out with two different woman and why she made such an issue regarding Dani and not March is simply because her judgement is cloudy. As of now she wants to get rid of Dani by any means necessary and is looking for any excuse to do so and staying out late at night isn't something that is done by reputable people over there. On the other hand she is so smitten with March because of all the lies that she has been fed by her that she sees her as the ideal DiL that can do no wrong and is perfect for her family in every way and thus she doesn't want to lose her. If she gets pregnant then it is only better because then Dong Tak would be forced to marry her thus please his mother and all. On top of all that she thinks that Dani is the Gold Digger because she has nothing and wants to make a name for herself by climbing the social ladder and all. But that isn't the case for March who herself comes from a so called well of background and all. So in this case March isn't after the family money because she doesn't need any as she has plenty of her own thus in the same case she also wouldn't need to use said marriage to climb the social ladder because they would be equal or atleast at the same level. Clearly this isn't the case but who is to blame for that.

Well that is all from my end for the moment. It is like 2am over here and I am dead tired so I will add my YamiYugi special scenes in my next post hopefully. Till then take care all of you and at the same time pray that the show actually improves than goes down like we are all fearing.

13 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Thinking TUF's ratings are still high probably because there is currently no drama that offers the same kind of 'crap':lol: as entertainment?  My Japanese husband and I may be watching the same US situation comedy with Japanese subtitles, but we seem to react differently to jokes and it kind of shows we do have a different sense of humor due to our upbringing and cultural differences. He is also baffled by the background laughter heard in an American sitcom. What I am trying to say is, I guess what appeals to the Korean audience isn't our 'cup of tea'?

Yes I am also not fond of JR, she does seem to be a loose cannon sometimes, even her father has difficulties 'taming' her. Isn't it time for the drama to focus on taking down our snooty queen JR a notch down her pedestal >writers?

What about YJ's mom? She should also be made accountable for the way she treated DY and for meddling in KC's family matters. It might be a habitual thing, but she still calls the birth mom 'dongseo (동서)'. I think it would be more appropriate for her to address by her name or as 'GJ's eomma (엄마)' especially in front of the older GJ.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and please take care:)!

On 2016/10/15 at 2:00 PM, anbud said:

hmm good read on  every  post...

why  will the writers  force DT to marry  SW? so much  to go  wrong.  DT does not love SW.( all the  flashbacks of happy  times with  DY),SW does not love DT,she only wants  DT cause   his family is  rich..  will the writers  make  this golddigger SW  the winner by  letting her  marry DT? 

SA fell in   love  this  late in her  life  with MS, and  he with  her.  this is more of a good love in a way, none of them are  greedy,and  both  are hard  workers. IF DT marries  SW   then  the truth  comes  out  about  who  SW is, it  will be too late for SA/MS to be together,  DT can't go back to DY after divorcing   her niece. no  way  DY will reunite with YJ  ,by now  he  will be   caught . an a conman, with  maybe no  job.

seems all relationships  will break down  and everyone  go their own way . no happy  ending for  anyone.

lol lets hope no  marriage  happens between DT/SW. but  still DT can't go to  dating DY again   not  when he finds out DY is SW aunt. lol it just  does not feel right for a man to date an aunt and niece with marriage as  the end road. feels  sick  and dirty. eew.

Welcome to Soompi (TUF's thread) and congratulations on your first post @808lostmc.

@anbud asked why will the writers force DT to marry SW. My suggestions are: 

(1) A redemption plan for DT: To punish him for being a jerk to DY when he found out her past relationship with YJ and accused her of lying and covering it up,

(2) Because his mommy says so:lol:. JR told DT her marriage to MS is on the rocks and their non-compatibility (background) was a reason behind the breakdown,

(3) Because SW claimed to have slept with DT. I am just going to throw out this assumption: when a woman is involved in a sexual crime like an alleged rape, she is often given the benefit of the doubt. If the scenario is reversed, will a man (in this case DT) be offered the same amount/degree (as a woman that is) of the benefit of the doubt during an investigation or prosecution?  We viewers know how DT was set up as the fall guy and he very foolishly complied to the wishes of mainly SW and JR to agree to take full responsibility for a deed he didn't and couldn't have committed under heavy intoxication.

The decision to end it with DY and the actual breaking up with her was hard for DT, but what is worse now is, he is stuck with a clingy and guilt-tripping psycho schemer. Those around DT seems to be oblivious to his gloomy facial expressions and feelings when he is around SW. Or they simply chose to ignore them. And I think @anbud you are right to say that the (married) couples portrayed so far in this drama aren't happy. DT is practically coerced into an engagement and marriage with SW. SW started out snaring a rich man's son but I do think she started to develop some feelings (not love though) for DT somewhere along the way. But I still think she will drop him the instant the Sul's are toppled. Her prime/main objective is still money. Her outstanding bills and loans need to be paid and repaid.

I would like to think DT would not have to go as far as exchanging vows with SW. However, I do see DT and SW in an engagement party though. But her real identity might be revealed during such a party and in front of a large crowd to put her to shame.

The real LSR strikes me as a person who gets into some kind of trouble before moving on to another place. She was living in Korea and had to run away after getting herself into trouble with the police for her role in the counterfeit bags. I reckon she had gone back to the US and might have fought with her father before making a return to Korea. I don't think she has left her last place of residence with a lot of cash, so she is game for anything SW is likely to propose in order to 'make some quick cash' and get into some 'action'. SW might promise to offer LSR a handsome reward if she helps her secure her place as DT's wife. She would have to stay as 'LSR' and might go as far as engaging the real LSR's parents to come and meet JR. As absurd/far-stretched as it might sound, this could be arranged on the pretense of a 'make peace pact' with LSR's step-mother. Just a theory that crossed my mind.:sweatingbullets:

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

Archived