[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@pearlysheylla I'm a bit late.. but I totally freaked out hearing Eric's English version of Beautiful!!! So emotional :'(

And also just thinking about how Solar had been watching Goblin religiously and how it's full of lines that I just want to believe are Eric talking to Solar. Like 'I'm happy to just know you're in my life', 'love and miss you like crazy' 'dreams I had for two', 'ghosts of me and you' 'fingerprints that you have left.. keep coming to haunt me'  'memories of me and you' 'can't believe you're gone it's not over'. My heaaaarrrt </3 I think I just quoted the whole song.. haha. Of course Eric could be just reflecting on the story of Goblin but its more fun to believe otherwise :wink: 

• Like 4

@Riri I got delulu as well :Dwhen Eric sang that i immediately thought of Solar. Even the people on facebook are saying that as well. And Eric sang it so emotionally! He was really feeling it :bawling:

I even delulu-ed over "You, Who?" Hahaha I am currently rewatching WGM and the song's lyrics kinda fits :tongue: I might have to look for the english translation again and analyze further.

Did you all see Eric's IG story? Delulu moment again! (I'm just too delulu for my own good) he wrote "lehgo" *criesss* YongSun has influenced him a lot. 

I loved Eric's performance in KCon Mexico!! He was so good. Something's different about him, don't you think so? Maybe that's just me. He seems more confident (at least for me)

I have a lot of things to say lol maybe I should join your kakao group :grimace: hope you're all doing well Ddongie fam:heart:

• Like 4

@enko20 , Sorry for the long wait! I've finally gotten some time to myself and was able to sit in front of my computer to does this without disturbance.

On 2017/2/18 at 2:41 PM, enko20 said:

I'm not really sure what an "One Time" artist is, but I can kind of infer based on how she described Solar. Anyway, I don't quite agree with the statement she wrote there which I highlighted. I don't think short-term and long-term are the correct categories to differentiate between how Solar displays herself on variety shows.  While it is true that she did show her more reserved side on WGM, which is a long-term show, it actually wasn't the only place she's done so. Here is a counter-example to the author's remark to prove my point: Sugar Man - a short-term-show - where Solar clearly showed her shyness in the dance battle against her seniors Amber and Dara.

Whereas with that exact same dance and song, Solar went all-out on YamanTV when she's with her group.

Rather, I think Solar's appearance varies based on the level of freedom from the show and also on the people Solar has around her. I think this interview from Mamamoo describes best how she and other members feel about variety shows in general. They prefer to go in pairs or groups to support each other rather than individually, because they excel in the presence of people they're familiar with. I think Solar with Eric during the Chuseok event is the best example of what they talked about there. Whether Solar can drop her "idol mask"/reservation and be herself or not depend on that. Eric became close to Solar over time and gave her the freedom to have fun, so eventually she bypassed the rigidity of WGM and became the way she normally is with her members in his presence too.

Spoiler

For this part I wanted to lay out some points.

From what I found, most of the programs MMM attend are music related genre and idol introduction related genre. They don’t really appear on pure variety/talk shows. Like what they said themselves in the interview you’ve provided, they choose closely on which programs they are going to guest in. They can do well on their own reality shows but when they join a scripted or organized program, they tend to lose the fun part of themselves. They are savages on music genre programs, that is their talent, but on talk shows I think they still have a lot to work on (though recently I can see them making good progress. Hope they keep up the good work). I do agree with you about the “level of freedom” she brings based on the people she’s with on the show. You can really tell the difference when Solar appeared on “Radio Star” alone. And I believe Solar isn’t the only member with this problem. WheeIn is the same. You can see on her appearance on “Happy Together” alone. They both became very quiet and answers with very simple sentences, which eventually cause their appearances on both programs edited short.

Also regarding the examples you’ve mentioned “Yaman TV” and “Sugar-man”. For me, dancing to “WOW” should be one of her impersonations or skills (개인기 Gae In Gi?), she had that paper fan with her for both programs. I guess she must’ve known she would be doing something like that. These two program took place early in their career (they haven’t even receive 1st in music programs yet). Yes she is a shy girl, but during this period I think any rookie girl group will go all out to gain attention. Not to mention she is the leader of MMM, we know she carries burden on her shoulder and tries to take as much care for her sisters.

I think she tried to bring attention with her craziness (?) during that dance, but somewhere throughout the dance, the shyness of her reserved side came back and kicked her “bravery to act crazy on stage” out.

(Something like, she telling herself she’s got this, she can overcome this. Starts dancing, halfway through she’s like this is too embarrassing, I can’t continue.)

”.Sugar Man” and “Yaman TVAlso, I think there are differences between “

Sugar Man

-          Music program

-          Concept of the program: bring back old K Music artists back on the show, and have modern artists redo their songs and perform. Then have the crowd judge which team won.

-          Live audience (100 people).

Yaman TV

-          Idol introduction program (kind of like “Weekly Idol”)

-          Concept of the program: To help bring recognition to artists who have talents. The staffs will edit parts of the show to post online and have the netizens to vote which video they find most interesting. The artists who has the highest vote, has a free pass to come back on the show. (But the staffs change the concept after the tenth episode. MMM was on the first episode.)

-          Recorded in a container with no other audience.

I think whether if there’s audience, concept and how long since debut caused the slight effect difference between these two “WOW” dances. I’d love to hear your opinion.

I would say what the author meant was, from a scouting for guests to come on programs point of view, Solar wouldn’t be the best option for long term projects.

Though I can understand what the author is implying, I mean it’s natural for them to care about ratings and whether or not they can raise public awareness (the gossip way), it’s their job. So I don’t really blame her for thinking this way. But the truth is, Solar can really bring out the attractive side of her funny/sensitive/caring/loveable/…I can go on and on … if she has the right partner with her on the show, a partner who can help her feel comfortable to let her be who she is.

ft@trowabarton99 can you explain to me what she meant by "people like Eric whose been harmed many times"? :sweatingbullets:

I think a 7 out of 10 sincerity is rather low for someone like Eric who, despite the fact that he's well-versed with variety shows, has always been known for his devotion.He said that he only does one variety show at a time because he wants to give his heart and effort into each one of them. I think the pool's wish and the album as a final gift were best examples of how sincere he is not only to Solar but to WGM. Also, the fact that WGM serves as the best gateway to display his real personality is a huge factor in determining how serious he took it (like I've argued about so many times before).

In my personal opinion, Solar actually started off WGM with quite a lot of adjustments on her own part, and eventually reverted back into her normal self. She is very straightforward and honest, but Solar held back quite a bit in the beginning before she became certain that she could become closer to Eric after the 2nd date. I think the author did mention that with the "psychological reconstruction" part. Also, I actually think that she made adjustments for her image/fan/company, not because of her familiarity with variety shows nor lack of sincerity. Watching her in the early episodes, we could see she mixed in her natural moments (like making innuendos and doing beagle stuffs) with her planned ones very often.

Spoiler

I would consider this a bad choice of words. What the author meant was Eric’s been through a lot, but in Mandarin she mainly focused on being harmed by people. However, she hasn’t provided any information to back her story. Therefore a wild guess by me, she might be implying how Eric was treated during his time abroad and his encounter of racism as an Asian decedent, also, going through 2 breakups back in the States. I wouldn’t say Eric’s been through hell, because I think most people had their tough times in life. But I would consider Eric would have some defense up when facing similar situations.

I agree from Eric’s performance on WGM is more than a 7pts, but I think he pumped up the sincerity level as the show moved forward. I wouldn’t be surprise because people often hold a bit back during the first meet.

I agree Solar adjusts herself with for various reasons, whether image/fan/company/ familiarity with variety shows, I think these reasons are somewhat all connected. But one thing is for sure, that’s how much effort she puts into her every performance and appearance.

I agree and disagree here. I think that the staffs did fail to take into account many things that could happen because of the setup. The biggest failure, I think, was the fact that Solar already figured out it was Eric before he even got into the room, which ruined all of their efforts to build up the anticipation between them two.

However, the Room Escape actually produced some perhaps unintended results for us the so it wasn't a total failure. Here are what it produced:

1) We learned that Solar isn't exactly the most patient girl in the world. Sure, they confined her in a room with bad ventilation for hours while making her wear a mask, and honestly anyone would be uncomfortable by that. But the situation the staffs put Solar in highlighted one of the most important traits about her that Eric himself and all of us should be aware of.

2) This was an indication early on about how calm and level-headed Eric is. The Room Escape itself was the same situation he ran into later on when Solar decided to test him with the candid camera prank. Eric had to use his brain to figure out how to solve a problem while not forgetting about a frustrated Solar herself who'd been put into a bad condition by other people (in this case, the staffs, and during the prank, Eun Ah). Say, if Eric was impatient himself and started lashing out on Solar for complaining, that would be very telling to her about what kind of guy he is, since Solar is very observant.

Spoiler

I agree Solar learning her partner was Eric before they actually met was a big failure. Besides the fact that Eric gave his voice away, Solar was the one with a mask on whereas Eric was exposed. I don’t quite understand the staffs planning regarding this decision.

I would say the author point of view is the more lovey doveiness there are, will help bring the best ratings of this couple (typically virtual marriage thinking). But what it actually turned out was a good chance to help the couple and us fans to learn more about them, and this isn’t such a bad thing.

What edit mark is she talking about? :huh:

Spoiler

You can see the couple was chatting about having the wedding, looking for a house, and honeymoon. Saying there’s a lot to do, then the scene changed and Eric was walking back to his seat with the resume in his hand. This is the edit mark the author was implying.

• Like 2

@Magilou @coolbrattyro Recently both Eric and MMM do not have a lot of musical activities so I think the pace would naturally move much slower. I usually try to keep updates coming in but I've been too busy with school/work to visit regularly T_T I will still be around here from time to time though :)

@trowabarton99 Thank you for clearing things up for me. I know you are probably very busy with your own life too, so I'm still patiently waiting for the other parts whenever you have some free time. I admit this thread does need some content right now that there's not much else going on, so having anything to talk about at all would be great ^_^

I think we might not have to wait that long until Eric and MMM have their comeback. The other day Hwasa was spotted recording some music on Esna's Snapchat. I really hope it is part of MMM's upcoming album.

As for Eric, there's no definite timeline for his album yet, but he said that it's coming up "in the next few months". It's from his KCON Mexico interview which you can watch here: http://www.kcon.tv/media/H1MT1gG2x

EDIT: Oh that's right. Talk about KCON Mexico, here are some Eric's videos at the event

• Like 5

Ddongie 1st anniversary....:heart:

Have you guys watch eric on duet song....

Cos goblin I start watch kdrama again I pick base on the artist/actor like park bo gum and kim yu jung, song2 cp, park shin hye, this week I watch misaeng, weightlifting fairy kim bok jo and strong woman do bong soon. My fav is DOTS and understand why china government don't like this 

• Like 2

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DDONGIE FAM!! 1st year! Whoop whoop! :wub:

@Ira Ajja I've watched his performances. I am so proud of him, he was good. I really like their "Perhaps Love" performance! It kinda reminds me of Ddongie's wedding hahaha Didn't they practice that song?

Anybody here who is from Southeast Asia? Eric said he might have a tour!!!! I am super excited! I hope he comes to my country. He also said he might do shows in the US too. PRAYER CIRCLE THAT THIS HAPPENS :D

(I still don't know how to insert pictures or videos here, I must be really dumb.)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Read the news about wgm this season will end....I feel bad for the latest cp....how much ep they have? I don't follow wgm again this few month....I really don't understand with the pd if they will wrap up wgm they should not add new cp and keep bomi and tae joon till the end

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 8:59 AM, pearlysheylla said:

Eric Nam and Mamamoo performed at the same place/event today :)

Yep they were, and I was so surprised. It's been a long time since they got to perform at the same event like that. Needless to say I'm extremely happy seeing this. I'm very curious about their interaction backstage though. Just the thought of Eric and Solar running into each other again makes me happy :rolleyes:

Btw, since we now know Mamamoo is coming back toward the end of June, I also hope that Eric's comeback will be at the same time or at least as close as possible, so we get to see more of them performing on the same music stages like this one :). Please let this happen!!

4 hours ago, Ira Ajja said:

Read the news about wgm this season will end....I feel bad for the latest cp....how much ep they have? I don't follow wgm again this few month....I really don't understand with the pd if they will wrap up wgm they should not add new cp and keep bomi and tae joon till the end

I haven't really kept up with WGM either since Ddongi ended, so what's going on with the show doesn't interest me as much as before. I have to say though, the newer couples are getting shorter run and worse treatment than the older ones, and that is not a good sign. My personal opinion as to why they cut this off short (which may not be valid at all with my little knowledge) is because the recent couples/concept is a fail and doesn't attract viewership as much as they hoped for, so MBC decides to shuffle it yet again, and forces the current couples onto the short end of the stick. I said before that they made a big mistake trying to oust the couples from Ddongi era (because according to the PD, they were too similar LOL WHAT??), and tbh I feel vindicated by this news. Still, I'm truly sad for the current couples, especially the newest one. They barely began, and already got shafted. :cry:

Spoiler

Speaking of them, have you guys read the news about Hyesung dating B1A4 Gongchan? This is why you always have to take caution when it comes to actor/actress couples. I did watched her and Gong Myung a little bit, and I have to say she sold it pretty well. Anyway, I want to point it out just to remind us of how lucky we are that Ddongie doesn't suffer from the WGM curse that others have - not contacting each other, found to be dating other ppl during/after the show - and I sincerely hope it remains that way.

• Like 4

So I heard Solar went to the Philippines.... and nobody knew? hahaha she went here without anyone knowing.

Eric also recently tweeted what if he visited the Philippines... I don't wanna be delulu but OMG?? Is this pure coincidence? :crazy: I swear if Eric came here secretly, I'll rage because I want to see him. 

@enko20 PD ousted the couples during the Ddongie era?? Wow, I didn't know it was like that. Why are they saying that the couples were too similar when they had their own charms and concepts? With regards to the Hye Sung thingy(i think their agencies denied it already), when that issue went out, all I could think about was at least Eric and Solar were really honest and authentic, and nothing like that happened. 

• Like 5

Mamamoo ost for 'man to man' shows solar high note, after cool ost for goblin and do bong sun it's nice to hear her high note again :)

@pearlysheylla after mamamoo vlive eric made vlive too....like you said there's some coincident between them hehehe

After watch their 'fairy of the lamp' I watch the pd podcast too and read some moomoos not agree with the pd comment that mamamoo not pretty.... korea beauty standard is to high.... sigh

• Like 3

@Ira Ajja I told myself not to be delulu but I still hope anyway hahaha Eric did 2 Vlives and me and my other Nam Nation friends were like, "What's up with this day?". We were so lucky to witness 2 Eric vlives and an instagram live :D Who said Mamamoo's not pretty? That's a bit harsh... I personally think that they are really pretty and they look very natural.

I saw a news report that the Forbes 30 under 30 Gala will be held here in the Philippines on July 25. I wonder if Eric's coming... I hope he does and conducts a fan meeting as well because we are dyinggg to see him! We are already trying to come up with ways to see him if ever he does come here.

Eric's recent concerts were a success! I'm so proud of that boy, and it warms my heart when I hear how loud the fan chants were. But I hope Eric is getting some rest. He has been working nonstop (but he still looks super good). Bless all the KNams who upload loads of Eric fancams and pictures. :heart:
(Anyway, I am still obsessed over Eric's silver bracelet! I didn't know it would look good on a man until Eric wore it!)

• Like 3