Quantcast
Le_Sanguinea

[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Hi, based on a few reply i saw in the front, i would say the reason is most probably most are using kakao talk and only alive when something happen between or about ddongi couple, or analysis being posted =)

• Like 2

@Mei99 sorry....but my wgm mood get drop lately, i don't watch the show for a month 

Read the news about taebom ending their wgm yesterday, it's shocked me....they will replace by comedian and actor cp

Moosical Concert start today....if eric not come i will get disappointed

• Like 2

@Mei99 this thread is not dead, but I think most people update in Kakao talk because it's easier to access. I, myself - having a hard time logging in here.. T T but even in Kakao talk, there are times that people do not update anything, guess coz not all the time there will be new news about our couple...hehehe

anyway, today is the start of MOOSICAL curtain call.. I wish we can all watch it, but it's really impossible since we are from different countries and MAMAMOO are only having their concert in Korea ( hope they do international concert soon) 
though there are some updates in twitter: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/suhofeels/status/837636346256621570

crdt to the owner of those twitter account 

and thanks to spring for all the updates in kakao today ..^^ 

• Like 6

From the concert....i want to see the part their sing the song from IS2 hope there's someone upload to you tube tomorrow also their solo stage, read from fan acc solar outfit for solo remains to black abaya from dubai and curious is she buy it from there...

The concert had ending hope mamamoo get good rest now there's still 2 days....

• Like 3

Just check you tube and most fans upload the audio of the concert and i listen the IS2 medley it's so good and they wear new suits

14 hours ago, Ira Ajja said:

Read the news about taebom ending their wgm yesterday, it's shocked me....they will replace by comedian and actor cp

Yes I saw that too. They are about to end even earlier than 33 couple, and possibly even without a honeymoon too? And btw, the comedian that replace them is none other than Jang Do Yeon, the female MC on Eric's show Shin Yang Namja :)

More MOOSICAL Day 1 updates

Solar talked about Dubai at the beginning (and the crowd didn't seem to react well, as expected)

Also, like @Ira Ajja said she wore the Black Abaya outfit for her solo song "I Will Always Love You". Was it a tribute/suggestion to her time with Eric perhaps?

qn1tQHF.png

And her other solo performance was Sexyback just like last time

Other Solar's Moosical updates

Spoiler

Keeping up with Eric activities as well. Here is Eric's interview with Marie Claire magazine: http://www.marieclairekorea.com/2017/03/celebrity/dont-touch-me/.

Eric explained about his frustration with the agency recently plus other things. There's articles about it going around but I don't think they capture his emotions in here very well (I mean the article is called "Don't Touch Me" after all, that's basically how he's feeling). My Korean knowledge is very basic, but here's some important parts I picked out if you guys are curious (or you can Google Translate and still get most of it tbh):

Spoiler
  • He's experienced a lot of stress and anxiety recently because of his life in Korea, so his trip to Mexico was basically a way to de-stress himself. 
  • Eric and his agency are still facing with a lot of disagreements in regard to his music activities, His agency places emphasis on music that appeal to the Korean audience and do well on music charts. Meanwhile, Eric is focusing on experimenting with new genres and making "good music" only, which is good enough for him.
  • Another factor that lead to Eric feeling stressful is because of his image/TV appearance. He has to constantly think about how to display himself, which takes a toll on him. He's thankful, but not really that thankful if you read between the lines.
  • Eric's comeback is around the corner. His singles and mini album will be release throughout this month (Finally!!).
  • Nowadays, he prefers to have some peace of mind, just having some time by himself, reading books or listening to podcasts.

He came on Music High radio again earlier, but this one apparently wasn't aired. There were some fancams though:

Spoiler

• Like 7

Thanks for eric update @enko20 now i'm waiting his comeback....

Read about the racist issue of uptown funk/bruno mars vcr on the concert and rbw has apologize and cut the vcr from today concert....honestly i don't understand to much about this but i hope everything will be fine :)

From fancam....for wdce today they choose female fans and she's so funny :lol: can someone put the vid here also solar solo with 'i believe i can fly'

From MLTV....they win, i still can't have time to watch them on this show also the new yang nam show 

I like beauty and the beast story so it's nice surprise read eric will interview 'belle and the beast' today:blush:

The issue that Mamamoo got into is very sad. I wonder how they are feeling right now.

Eric has been absent from social media. He never posts anything anymore, so we don't have any idea where he is these days and what is he doing.

• Like 2

eric's comeback had a duet 

with somi i think

Solar's solo performance of Moosical Day 1:

There were more talk about Dubai on Day 2 and 3. Especially on Day 3, the members even mentioned that they watched WGM.

The article about Eric Nam on Marie Claire was translated. You can read it here: Eric Nam explains why he prefers releasing music outside K-Pop.

More updates for his upcoming collaboration single. Eric's partner has been revealed to be ex-I.O.I member Jeon Somi,

And you could see on the teaser pic that Eric and Somi have a Red String of Fate tied together which is very interesting, because it represents fate/destiny. I can't wait to see how this come into play in the song.

I don't know why, but watching that promotion vid made me really uncomfortable. I just felt like this is as stereotypical of a "Nation's Boyfriend" image as you can get. What's with the dating simulator vibe? :mellow:

Other articles about the song here: http://www.mnet.com/special/10386#  | http://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=6621319&memberNo=33784967

• Like 5

@enko20 i can't understand anything in that teaser video so I don't have any idea what's in there hahaha

i read the translation of the Marie Claire interview and I feel sad for Eric. His company is trying to push him in a direction he does not want. I hope he'll get to make the type of music he wants and be able to express himself more.

• Like 2

I need @cinnaminskies to explain the lyric....from the first heard i only get it's a sweet song

Read the news mamamoo will have japan stage on may 6th

I check some group comeback since feb like RV,bts,twice,gugudan,lovelyz,taeyeon and gfriend but i get hooked by KARD hahaha....(when their predebut song release i don't pay attention) still need to check btob and day 6 also BAP

Hope eric×somi 'youwho' can get on the chart like wheein×jungkey 'anymore'

• Like 1

@pearlysheylla I was going to translate it roughly but the content was too cheesy so I couldn't do it. If you really want to know what it's about please let me know and I will (try to) do it :lol:

Eric's song is charting insanely well across the board, and at one point I checked it was like top 10 on every single chart, wow!

And even winning by a landslide on charts like Genie

gp0Zqpe.png

Speaking of charts, I think MMM members are checking charts and stuffs because of Wheein recent song "Anymore", judging by Moonbyul's memo. Solar probably saw this as well, Hope she is also streaming and supporting him :)

I'm really shocked by how well Eric is doing despite the song not being a ballad like Wheein's, but I'm incredibly happy for him. In his recent interview, he said that ranking has been a problem for his music because they are not made to chart well. Because "You,Who" was written by Eric himself along with his producer, I hope this goes to show his agency and everyone that his music is good enough to compete on charts, so they should really trust Eric and let him do his thing, please. 

Oh, and in the Mnet showcase earlier, Eric also said that out of all the major agencies he has done collab work with (SM, YG, JYP), he thinks JYP is the best match for him as well -http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/03/eric-nam-chooses-jyp-as-the-label-that-fits-him-the-most-out-of-the-big-3-performs-you-who-with-jeon-so-mi. If he's moving to another agency at the end of his current contract, perhaps JYP is a very plausible choice?

Here is the BTS vid for "You,Who?" :)

• Like 4

I love Eric's new song!! Makes me wanna fall in love hahaha it has that vibe, you know? The 'let's fall in love' vibe :wub: It's very catchy and I must admit that it surprised me how Eric and Somi's voices blended so well. 

One question tho, I read somewhere that Eric wrote the song, is it true?

Have you all heard Eric's cover of "Beautiful"? Goblin OST. I really like how Eric translated it! and he sang so well, it makes me emotional. ERIC MAKES ME EMOTIONAL(especially when he sings something emotions inducing).

https://youtu.be/tC1DxBFx6yU

@enko20 it's alright. I don't have to know if it's too cheesy. I already sensed that it could be cheesy(and cringe worthy) even without subs. :) 

• Like 4

@pearlysheylla I'm a bit late.. but I totally freaked out hearing Eric's English version of Beautiful!!! So emotional :'(

And also just thinking about how Solar had been watching Goblin religiously and how it's full of lines that I just want to believe are Eric talking to Solar. Like 'I'm happy to just know you're in my life', 'love and miss you like crazy' 'dreams I had for two', 'ghosts of me and you' 'fingerprints that you have left.. keep coming to haunt me'  'memories of me and you' 'can't believe you're gone it's not over'. My heaaaarrrt </3 I think I just quoted the whole song.. haha. Of course Eric could be just reflecting on the story of Goblin but its more fun to believe otherwise :wink: 

• Like 4