[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

EDIT: Here's a better link - Mamamoo SNL segment

- - - - - -

This was absolutely hilarious btw. I was dying the whole time I watched them haha :joy: There were many things in Solar's parts that could possibly be parodies of Eric/WGM, but so far these are the only ones I could pick out from watching the segment without subs. I will put them in spoilers for those who haven't watched.

Spoiler

Mermaid Yong - parody of The Legend of the Blue Sea drama

lVLsYIy.png

Spoiler

Pypmvml.jpg

The Little Mermaid - Prince Eric and Ariel

• The way she woke him up roughly, similar to how she woke Eric from the sauna
Spoiler

lVLsYIy.pngQYiy1Gw.png

7BoVC8F.pngRkyeywy.png

• When Solar did the aegyo, she joked about Dong, possibly a reference to Ddongie.
Spoiler

PL1lwU0.png

3-Minute Girlfriend - There's no such thing as Solar the perfect girlfriend!

1MJ947O.png

• The red box of gift given by Solar to her boyfriend at first encounter, the first impression of her as a kind and normal girl.
Spoiler

AyZ9Dr4.pngChZJyCt.png

• Solar gave her boyfriend a card to pay for other people's foods, which contains three references: her selfless character, the bank account joke and the story of Eric Nam taking care of WGM staffs' meals.
Spoiler

D5XAgDJ.png

He [Eric] also minds to take care of the staff... If there's an eating god, at the pizza restaurant he takes care of 30 staffs' order and he frequently asks whether if it's not hard.

• Clothing resemblance
Spoiler

(EDIT) Dubai sweatshirt 

ZOYGarY.png

44XS95g.png

(Also resemble their couple sweatshirts)

gzUizc9.png

Solar's outfit - Hongdae Date

1oVBQou.pngMXiGv60.png

• Multiple instances of selca parody
Spoiler

P6SFKsi.png6PtJjZq.png

3MSCPlH.png69Yg7qq.png

U6EVGWV.pngockXghV.png

• Familiar settings
Spoiler

Eric's Apartment

4jR4abu.pnguAj5qST.png

uVJFBoc.pngwT4rPfe.png

Naejangtang Restaurant

GzQjKkJ.png6ZcaQtI.png

- - - - - - - 

Solar Fancafe memo about Mamamoo's 900th day:

There are two fantastic piano covers of Mamamoo songs made by @bibimbob_MMM on Twitter you should listen to :)

Spoiler

Memory

Never Letting Go/Tears

Edited by enko20
Better SNL link
  • Like 8

Hai guys...
Another silent reader here...:)

This is the first time i joined a forum like this (really). And the reason is no other because of our beloved Ddongie CP...(2 people that changes my life & make me learn a lot)

I came here because i want to say thankyou so much to all of you guys...

To all of you that make this thread "life" and make me exited just because waiting what people say/think about current episode or others think about our lovely couple "Ddongie".

Because of you guys, i know more about who is Eric Nam and who is Solar (Mamamoo). Because i never knew before, beside Eric is a singer, MC, and also panelist in WGM, even i'm not active viewer (cause i only watching when i got interest on recent cp). Because of analisys that written it this thread, now i fell that i knew him as a person more than just a celeb. Actually i already become his fan since Heaven Door era. Because of his "honey voice", capable in english without know that he is an American-Korean, and because of his immage that look "cool" for me. Beside that i don't know nothing.

And for Solar, i don't know nothing about her. I only know one song that her sang with Kim Minjae as a rapper (sorry, suddenly i forgot the title). And also about Mamamoo, i don't know nothing beside "they are just another girl group in Kpop Industry". But, because of their appearence in this show, make me wanna know more about them. And now, i become their fans. I really like them. Their voice are really "something". And i don't know why, but they are "different" with another girl group that i knew before. Since i never have  really good impression with girl group (i don't know why). N i think their personality as a person is also good. They are always down to earth, esp after watching video when they're at fansign. Wheein make a communication with fans that have "special condition" with body language n hearing what that fans saying while clossenes his body to her. N also Solar that write something to her in a board that her bought.

So, in this time i just want to say thankyou so much for all of you guys. If i never knew about this thread, maybe i will always have a hundred questions about them (esp about their stint in WGM) that i never know the answer. N just end with corrioussity that give me headache.

N also every reading this thread i can feel that all of you is a heartwarming, lovely people, and also "smart". Why i said "smart"?? Just look at the analisys in this thread!!! It feel like i reading a "jurnal science".

I really enjoy watching them on the show named WGM. Thanks to MBC that casted Eric N Solar and made them as a couple, as Ddongie.
Actually, this is the first time i have a good impressions n give a lot effort just for television show. Ddongie already cacth my eyes n steal my heart since the first episode. I don't know why, but at that time i have a feeling that this couple will be a "great couple" in this show.
And now, they did it.

After this, leets keep support for our beloved couple, "Uri Ddongie" in the future. Maybe we can make this thread to update their schedule n follow their activity. Who know that someday, something like KCon will happen again...;)

*And for the kakao group chat, seems that fun at there?? But, i don't have Kakao acc. Should i make??? But, if i make, i'm affraid that i can't move on from everything that related with them & Ddongie, which it make me crazy sometime. Let me think about this...

Ppyoong...Ppyoong...

Please...

Keep this thread guys... And i'm waiting for another article from "Master Writer" in here. I miss how i  can felt mix feeling when i read article in here...

(Is it to long?? I'm sorry)

• Like 9

@NamSeoYeon18 i see a lot of fans from PH in the video also from malaysia, singapore, indonesia, thailand...i pay attention to asia fans hehe

SNL mamamoo ep break the record ratings 

After ddongie ended lot of ddongie cp acc get hiatus but i found yongddongie ig and like the name it update yongsun activities...i'm curious who made it

• Like 5

Ugh, I feel like I lost my weekly vitamin C when their stint ended. More so now that it's nearing Christmas, and I would have liked something Christmas-y to remember them by (apart from their theme park date that is. :P ). I have this draft in my head about a Christmas fic about them, but I don't have time to write. :bawling: (I did file a vacation leave by the end of this month though, so I'll bring my laptop to the mountains and spend a day or two writing. :D )

And lol, I finally gave up and made a Kakaotalk account. Add me to the thread - My name is Lemony. :) 

BTW, any of you guys still have problems logging in from mobile? I can't log-in my from mobile account anymore - like now I'm logging in on my desktop.

• Like 8

Mamamoo in SNL is really hilarious. I can't stop laughing watching them. Didn't know that they could be that funny.:w00t:

Yongsun's skits are really ... ahhh can't find a better word to describe it. Like what @enko20 said, there are so many similarities with WGM, can't help remembering her times with ERIC doing all those things. ( I was secretly hoping/wishing Eric watched It too)

Anyway, its been two weeks since the last time we saw our couple together. Can't help but wonder when will we see them  together next? Hopefully the PD in Yang and Nam show would also invite Mamamoo to appear, I know its still early for ddonggie to meet, but  after mamamoo's appearance in SNL, it might be a great time for the show.

Thank you guys for keeping this forum alive as well as being active in kakao group. 

Everyone's the best!!

PS: @cinnaminskies: can't wait to read your next fanfic^^

Ppyong~~

• Like 6

Mamamoo's SNL appearance was super funny. Not surprised that they had the best ratings of the season. It definitely helps give their album promotion another boost. 

@enko20 so many things that could be Eric related. Good spotting! Miss seeing Ddongie every weekend :tears:

@saaviera90 Welcome! Our thread is getting bigger even after their stint on WGM. Eric and Solar really are great aren't they? :D Join our delulu talks on Kakao, chingu! Lots of updates on Eric and Solar individually too. I joined the thread and Kakao group not too long ago but the chat is fun. Helps us appreciate the two of them as artists and the more the merrier!

@Le_Sanguinea is Lemony your ID or is it just the name you put? We can't seem to find you :|

• Like 6

Hello ^^

Ah finally i can log in through mobile ^^

Waiting for Mamamoo SNL Eng Sub ^^ 

I found this : i think it's almost have a similar concept with mamamoo solar 3 min gf 

Notice the same pattern of their shirt, just coincidence or the wardrobe team want to tease us here kkkk ~~ 

Spoiler

I slightly felt upset about eric and timbaland performance in MAMA 2016. Timbaland seem so lost and hardly enjoy the performance, meanwhile eric seem good as always treating the audience but, i know his performance could be better than that,,, just idk why. Eric is doing better in SK II event with his 'dance style' kkk *felt embrassed like Solar :P 

I felt bad for Wiz Kalifa and Taeyeon misunderstanding problem. MAMA's team should apologized to them. 

So are you guys update in kakaotalk right now? 

I can't make it since kakaotalk take a big memory on my phone and work really slow :( bad thing i couldn't join the talk. I prefer using line, but it will be make you guys confused with a lot of sns group, so i will waited to see what happen in this forum, i'm rooting for it kkkk. So please keep make a fun chat here abou ddongi ^^ 

Ppyong 

• Like 6

@coolbrattyro - Thanks! enko20 just taught me how. :D 

- - - - 

So, right now I'm binge watching videos of Eric's past appearances to try and get into his head. Somehow I'm not finding that spark I need to start writing somewhere, and all I have are mishmashes of scenes with no coherence whatsoever. Maybe you guys can give me something to work with. :P 

• Like 5

Can someone put mamamoo 900days vlive here it's already sub by vapp read it from mmmtrans and also eric video at SK II event i see it at twitter and i can't with his body move/ body wave ^_^

I can't watch video this weekend (low quota) i used it to much for MAMA 

@Le_Sanguinea I feel similar. They're hard to write. They're in a pretty good place right now so it's hard to find a conflict to drive the story forward. I've mostly been going the route of "make things worse" --> "okay now fix it" but I'm naturally drawn to angst and hurt/comfort so idk if that'll work quite as well for you. Either way, I'm looking forward to reading whatever you write!

• Like 5

@enko20

Hi! I just realised u asked me some question before. 

1. Kermit doll

Ddonggi already have the kermit doll, isn't it the same as the kermit doll that hwasa gave them?  Maybe they just placed it in the corner of the drawer before and need to moved them after ddongie arrange couple shirt there. 

Eh kong/yong kong

2. The black 'book' on the table

That was a stack of their picture in dubai. And i have no idea what's the black book near solar's suitcase. Maybe it was the small photo album? Or just book? I haven't notice it in whole episode of Ddongie except in the last eps. 

3. Solar brought 2 small picture and one big picture of their wedding photo on her suitcase

4. Back in their self wedding eps, look at eric reaction to solar third wedding dress, that when Eric found how beautiful solar is ^^ 

• Like 6