[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@Ira Ajja - Not a bad idea, to be honest. I know somebody posted a list of things they want to see our couple in a few pages back (or maybe 100 pages ago).

@enko20 - Yeah, that was the part where they switched up the episodes using one day's worth of filming. Refresh my memory though, when did Solar say that she saw Eric getting annoyed over a board game? I forgot whether it was in WGM or another show, but I know she referenced that sometime offscreen. My guess is that they did all that while they were shooting all day in their house. 

And when did they put those Kermit dolls in? :huh:

• Like 4

For today mamamoo have 'the show', people...for laugh (sorry can't remember the full tittle)

For tomorrow solar colab with chiyeoul

friday eric collab with timbaland

saturday snl8 with mamamoo

The season greetings is out also new mmmtv

Today i watched mamamoo fansign and fan meeting from mmmtrans, i also check zico,crush and dean collab at 1thek, b1a4 new mv, haha with oh my girl collab...i want to watch blue dragon perf again but it taking down 

Last week i read comment from kshowonline and there's comment about wgm cp budget:

Ddongi- travel to jeju and dubai

Taebom- have $1000 for furniture shopping and have fancy wedding

Sam2- only have $60 for 2 days trip in busan

From what i see until now taebom cp have best treatment but i can understand this cos bomi loved by many people

note: ddongie have good trip but their fridge and                 kitchen area is the smallest among other cp 

@Le_Sanguinea i try to write another ddongie mukbang at my notes but it's really hard to write a story in english TT

• Like 6

hello all :)

how are you? 

so many informations that i missed. 

I have a trouble sign in on the phone, do you know how to fix this? because i already tried to deleted the cookie but nothing change, so i can't respond right away. 

so i would like to comment several things about the last episode

On 27/11/2016 at 11:41 PM, kimhara482_stv said:

Solar had her coat zipped the entire time but since Eric has it on I assume she would too

yes she wears it :)

solar's couple tee

11 hours ago, enko20 said:

I realized how much they kept re-arranging and adding furniture/utensils to their house over time. They seriously have spent a lot of time doing things at home off-camera.

i agree with you 

Spoiler

GiJkwZa.png

And Solar said Eric is catches fast (when planned prank for Eric with Eun Ah)

Without deep observation and intense interaction with each other, they won't able to know what their partner condition. And after read their (actual) filming schedule, i realised that actually Ddongi couple progress is quite fast. It's only in the airtime matter that makes their relationship seem slow. 

As chingus always mention here, there were a lot of their conversation that we don't know before. 

Solar and Eric message on BRI also indicating that they keep communicating off the show.

Spoiler

rgM4QHL.png

J5nwAI1.png

when did they bring the frog (idk what's the name)? and where is the jjing? 

and about the couple tees the bought and present from Eun Ah, when did they arrange them there? so after went to drink makgeolli, Ddongie visited the house and did BRI there? or simply the put it there and did BRI in the other day. It's gimme warm feeling thinking that they arrange the couple tees together casually ^_^

rgM4QHL.png

The book is on the table at first, it's make me think that they filled another there after the autumn and Hongdae date. There also the photo sticker on the cupboard, it makes sense if both of them did this also. 

Q : Ddongie printed one of the sticker photo for each other, and Eric still have another in the back of the album (that he gave to Solar), so they printed more than two? 

PS : they need more time to remove their things out from the house, and i found it's interesting that chingu mention the possibility of them to keep the house under their name, it just can be happen :phew:

3. Will their relationship continue?

Spoiler

RrD7X1F.png

their loving gaze never fail to make me delulu again and again

Not only Solar that worried that she will develop something in the end but Eric also couldn't help himself

Irvjhdj.png

CpHpzwR.png

Do not forget the meaning of those pair of shoes and the globe amarath... Can we concluded as a (hidden) confession? 

4.  Mamamoo do not attend MAMA? And there's no possibility for them attending Yang and Nam show? 

I guess it will be awkward for Eric and Solar to meet each other on air soon 

5. Solar met Eric Family on NY KCON, it's is the same day of concert that Eric parent attend, I think i saw Eric whole family picture in Eddie/Eric Instagram before?

Spoiler

Ah, Solar can't help herself to remember the things she did on WGM jugding from Mamamoo's Diary...idk how to react. Can i called it Post WGM Syndrome kkk :) Also Mamamoo did best in their comeback, they should've more recognition and appear in variety show in Weekly Idol again. 

Did you watch Memory MV? It's really good ^^ Mamamoo 

I hope that Solar self composed song will be released, the lyric makes me can't stop thinking about Ddongie 

Low key wish that Solar appeared in Eric's latest Music MV

• Like 6

@407801baby - They're still fixing bugs in the system, so don't worry about that for now. Just try to browse the news reports as anonymous and if they post a banner that say a recent patch is done, then try to log back in. :)

I'd give it a month or two before RBW begins to ease up on the Eric-Solar restrictions post WGM. It's bound to happen soon, but with the volatility of both fanbases it's a wise decision not to enter that s***storm immediately. :)

@Ira Ajja - I know @cinnaminskies still has a lot of things running around her head nowadays, so perhaps you can poke her with an idea or two for a fic. I want to write something too, but I'm usually too tired to write anything decent nowadays. In fact, right now I'm sick with cough and colds, and I'm just lying in bed eating chicken soup and watching episode 19. :P 

- - - - - - - -

The other day I was reading about Psychological Deviance, about how a Narcissist and an Empath in a relationship results in a toxic environment for both of them. It got me thinking about writing something that describes Eric and Solar from that perspective and about how they connected so well, since both are Empaths. I'd probably need a bit of research from @enko20 though. :D  

• Like 7

@Le_Sanguinea It's from their KSY Hope Song Radio (I link the vid with timer for you there). That was the first time I realize they secretly did things at their house behind our back. 

I would love to hear your take on their Empathy nature, since that's something even their PD highlighted about them. Sometimes they are so selfless to the point that they have to remind each other to not neglect their own's well-being (like the final message from Solar). If you need any assistance please let me know. :) 

@407801baby 

(2)

5 hours ago, 407801baby said:

And Solar said Eric is catches fast (when planned prank for Eric with Eun Ah)

Without deep observation and intense interaction with each other, they won't able to know what their partner condition. And after read their (actual) filming schedule, i realised that actually Ddongi couple progress is quite fast. It's only in the airtime matter that makes their relationship seem slow. 

Definitely. I notice based on their timeline that their meeting became more and more sparse near the end, yet their relationship didn't seem to take any step backward. The only time I felt this happened was all the way back between their wedding and Korean Folk Village date.

Since then, their communication have increased to the point that their pace keep increasing faster toward the end despite a bigger break in-between. Look at how much progress they made since Chuseok, and how far apart the filming dates were:

Spoiler

uGlrIvt.png&key=04576cda858d376d48c71fafd32fc89b02f76aba56e9fb76215d17e5429316c8

Sep 1st - 25th - 26th Ep

Sep 21st - 27th Ep (Three weeks later)

Spoiler

CtzrUvlVIAAaDTw.jpgxHwuiW6.jpg

Oct 3rd-4th  -  28th - 31st Ep (Dubai)

Spoiler

Oct 26th - 32nd Ep (Almost one month later!)

(3)

5 hours ago, 407801baby said:

when did they bring the frog (idk what's the name)? and where is the jjing? 

and about the couple tees the bought and present from Eun Ah, when did they arrange them there? so after went to drink makgeolli, Ddongie visited the house and did BRI there? or simply the put it there and did BRI in the other day. It's gimme warm feeling thinking that they arrange the couple tees together casually ^_^

The book is on the table at first, it's make me think that they filled another there after the autumn and Hongdae date. There also the photo sticker on the cupboard, it makes sense if both of them did this also. 

Q : Ddongie printed one of the sticker photo for each other, and Eric still have another in the back of the album (that he gave to Solar), so they printed more than two? 

PS : they need more time to remove their things out from the house, and i found it's interesting that chingu mention the possibility of them to keep the house under their name, it just can be happen :phew:

I actually don't know when they brought in those Kermit dolls either. It didn't come up at any point before the final episode from my memory. The BRIs are always done at MBC station, never at home. It's possible that they came back home after drinking together before heading out to do BRIs, and also they might have bought those Kermit dolls in Hongdae too.

Actually, I think the one Eric put in the back of the photo album was one of the two stickers (the one that belong to Solar). He packed things for Solar remember? I think he grabbed her sticker on the cupboard and put it there, unfortunately it fell out when she picked up the book. But they may secretly have more than two for all we know.

It's highly likely that they filled in the "Why I Love You Book" more after their Dubai trip, and after their Hongdae date. I'm glad to see that on the couch there, we know they worked on them secretly off-camera :).

Also pardon me for asking...

Spoiler

rgM4QHL.png

What's that black book that you circled there on the coffee table if you know? Is that this book that Solar packed for Eric here?

1UgYbWG.png

4. It's still possible that Mamamoo will attend MAMA. The groups leading in their category (BEAST) has yet to announced their participation. Mamamoo could take their place. They even pre-recorded their Hope Song radio segment to make sure there's no other schedules on the 2nd.

@Ira Ajja Our couple did receive two rather medium to high budget trips.Their house is decent as well, and I'm glad for that. I personally think they themselves are frugal people though, they didn't ask for those luxuries in the first place. 

Spoiler

Remember, they even thought carefully about the financial aspect when choosing their house. They would have picked an extravagant house if they didn't care.

Heo1bbM.png

And their wedding was rather simple and low-budget, compared to some past couples I've seen (even to Bbyu and Taejoon-Bomi for example)

5p8qLtA.png

Spoiler

TPjumm6.png

Spoiler

YlfsWF5.png

It's not to call out other couples. I'm just saying that these two always prefer to be frugal whenever they can.

Spoiler

Also, I'm glad that Eric and Solar actually got a chance to go around and picked a house of their own liking. This is not a luxury that all couples receive. I will never forget that little "house" on top of the MBC building that they gave to JjongAh couple. Talk about unfair.

nqq8zJP.png

• Like 4

@enko20 same i don't like jjongah rooftop too, but at that time/season the other cp house not as nice as this year season (solim bedroom are small, for gongjin cp i only know that they used jinyong apartment first before looking for their own house) and for bbyu,ohye and siso time i like siso house more

btw why popular cp not have better thread....i read a comment that taebom as the popular cp now have a lot views in yt but the thread not in the state hight of active (the follow number still low too) 

i check bbyu,ohye and siso thread...bbyu have smallest replay and page but the follow number is 2nd....ohye are 2nd in page and replay the follow number is the lowest....and siso who have more page,replay and follow....(at that time i always thought that bbyu who have more fans and views)

• Like 2

Open twitter a few minutes ago and read sam2 news i want to say good things and cheer their shippers but i want to rant first.... how could wgm doing this without giving them honeymoon it's never happened before

It's remind me to cao2 they leave after chuseok and it's without preview too

Updates, Updates, Updates!

Mamamoo finally won their first 1st stage with the Decalcomanie comeback! Their Blue Dragon performance definitely brought the song more recognition; yall should youtube the subs of it if you haven't given that performance a watch yet.

Thanks to the awards performance as well, the song even hit #1 on charts like @Ira Ajja mentioned, even if only for a few hours lol. This is a first for the girls. :lol: Perhaps now that'll give Eric an incentive to invite them on his show? Unfortunately, I still think it's too early...

It's nice to see you @407801baby, I miss seeing a lot of the old posters on this thread. Everyone seems to be busy, but I hope y'all are dealing well with Ddongie leaving WGM; I feel like that's what made some people leave...I'll have to make an account for this kakao chat :sweatingbullets:

Also, @Ira Ajja, about the length of other popular couple's threads, I've checked those you mentioned. I'm a little surprised that our thread here has more pages lol. While it helps that Eric and Solar are idols and they always have updates to keep us on our toes (updates probably make up a good chunk of this thread), I think Ddongie was just a more spazzable couple to experience. Their lack of skinship made each shot of them naturally teasing each other, holding hands ,or looking at each other 10 times more meaningful, especially towards the last few episodes. It definitely gave us a lot to talk about; those eps were where everyone was writing long posts.

Which still makes me wonder if WGM deliberately saved the best for last and cut all those couply moments like the house hangouts and furniture rearranging scenes from the first few episodes in order to construct and sell this narrative for Ddongie: a shy girl growing closer to a foreign boy. They actually have writers for this show? Was this  narrative planned and directed to be like this from the beginning? I think @enko20, you mentioned a similar topic a while back, but I can't help but still feel bothered by it. I rather not question our couple's authenticity and just believe that the writers had Eric and Solar try the cute and learning each other's language concepts at first, realized it didn't work, and had them do their own thing for their own best interest. Eunha also attested to Solar's shy nature to being natural. Idk, this is a reality TV program, we might never know. Chingus, feel free to respond with your own thoughts. Depending on how real this all was, I think it will determine how close Solar and Eric will become in the future.

This was more than I had planned to write. I apologize for the long post, but its been a while ^_^

• Like 6

@enko20 thank you for the article (?). Your analysis about ddongie made me realized a lot of things. I sometimes wonder, how can you think of all those things.hehehe ( not that I am complaining, I actually love it :):wub:). And you being active here and in our kakao group, that's a lot of effort.

@97jbombs: you should make your kakao id now.  Our chingus update more in that group, I guess it's easier especially now that it's hard to log in here in soompi. Don't worry we will not abandon this thread, it's just we are having issue logging in. :)

Mamamoo's first win last night gave me goosebumps... it'll be a waste if they won't appear in MAMA.

Solar's new song is really great.:wub:

I'm looking forward to Eric's new song.

• Like 4

hi first of all! i've been silent readers since... i'm forget;''' and how grateful i am to found this threadxxx]]] i miss ddongie so much;;'] and awwww thankyouuu ,seriously for u guys ddongi fams ;]]]] for ur detective eyes/? wkwkwk u guys never disappointing mexD sorry for my bad english;') and i decided to join kakaooo chaatt yay/? but wht should i do?.? here my id @greenastea thankyou guys! and labyuu <333

• Like 3

Hello Ddongie shippers! It's been a while since i last posted here. Seriously, i've been silently lurking here for these past few months. I'm supposed to be active here now but I've been experiencing depression these past few months so i decided not to take the recent board exam. But i'm planning to take one next year. Hopefully by then, i'll be active here.

And i'm back to say i miss you alot. I really do miss you alot. Thank you for keeping this thread alive!

Recently, i haven't seen @Farfalle here. I miss you. Where are you?

Since everyone's in Kakao, can you kindly let me join there too? my id is yuffiezdincht. Thank you in advance!

• Like 6

@97jbombs I'm very sorely tempted to answer your questions, but I think I will let @Le_Sanguinea do it, since I want to hear what he has to say first before I offer mine.

@Le_Sanguinea Please take your time. I would prefer to have contents trickling in slowly over time so our thread always has something to look forward to :)  

@coolbrattyro I'm glad you like it. I actually came up with the idea thanks to what was written by @cinnaminskies so she played a huge part in making this article happen too. I'm trying to be active here as well because our Kakao line is very active already.

In regard to 33 couple's departure and recent WGM changes:

Spoiler

I honestly do not like where this is going at all. I have taken a look at the new couples and it seems they are couples transitioning over from other shows, which completely break the anticipation of.figuring who the partners are + the excitement of watching their first meeting unfold (Sleepy/Gukju - I Live Alone, GongMyung/HyeSung -  My Ear's Candy).

The new PD looks to be the driving force behind this change. I don't know what they are trying to achieve with this new concept, but I don't think it will bode well with WGM viewers. I truly hope this is not an attempt to save their ratings, because it's going to backfire on them, hard. I can sense it coming.

Not to mention, the way they pushed 33 couple out the door ruthlessly is not going to be very well-received, not just by their shippers. A brutal air time cut to 16 mins with them going on a trip on a limited budget (which wasn't even their honeymoon according to the 33 thread?), followed by an abrupt announcement was way too much. I hate WGM the most when they suddenly decide that some couples are better than the others, which clearly was the case between 33 & Sleepy-Gukju.

TaeBom will be the last remaining couple of the previous setup. I can only pray they won't get mistreated as badly down the line.

• Like 4