[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

Whew, finally the rough editing for our front page is done! Self-applause! :grimace: Throw me some feedback so I'll know what to add and take away the next time I'm free to edit.

I haven't browsed through all of the GIF links you lovely ladies provided, but I included a link to your galleries for the meantime. Thanks @enko20, @Farfalle, @cinnaminskies and @onlybeagles for your content! :D

For those of you guys who remember some other post/pic that was posted here way back then, feel free to PM me the page number so we can feature it on the front page! I still have a lot more ideas I want to put in there, but let's take it one thing at a time, right? ^_^

EDIT: Also, for some bloody reason, I can't embed @Farfalle's imgur links. -_- I'll work on that later after I get home from work.

• Like 13

@enko20 Hehe now you and other chingus can post them too then :D 

@Le_Sanguinea You did great! Thanks for your effort despite your busy life :D The first post is getting neat now. You can't post my gifs? Since I'm still beginner in making gifs, I wonder if my gifs are too big in size. Still working on how to reduce the size while maintaining the quality. Sometimes if I can't copy-paste directly my gifs, I can attach them by inserting the URL and adding ".gif" in the end (and if there's ".mp4", I delete it). Btw, I see what you did there with banana milk :P 

@Ira Ajja is right, 163 cm is her height on RBW profile, but obviously idols like to add a few cm to make them look taller :sweatingbullets: And yeah, @morethanacityname & our detective @gureentea is also contributing, and actually other chingus also help in the past, so thank you :D 

-----

Eric was live on V app & FB, practicing for Busan Jazz Festival on October 23rd!

-----

Both Eric and MAMAMOO are up for Asia Artist Awards voting! Needs to login though.
http://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/lists/2

• Like 10

@yongrin16 : You spoke what's on my mind. Thank you. I was also hoping that their stint in WGM will last until yong sun's birthday. I want to see what will Eric's surprise be ( if there's any .. I know he will do something..  wishful thinking). 

And if ever their stint ended, I hope they can have another show that both of them will be hosted ( insert Ddongie Road) since they both loved eating and trying new food. ( it's like tasty road that Yura is in now). A collaboration is also possible since both of them are singers.

Some previous couples are already reunited like SOLIM, Lee Jong Hyun and Gong Seung Yeon and now a couple from season 1 (if I am not mistaken) will be reunited or rather remarried, not in MBC WGM but another show. I guess they will act as a couple again. ( check news about ANT couple). I really hope that our Ddongie will have one of their own. So that even they WGM time ends, we will still be happy and see these two together. :)

Ppyong~~

• Like 9

OH! I just remember! Before today (October 18th) ends (at least in my country), I want to tell you that...

TODAY IS THEIR OFFICIAL 200TH DAYS!! :w00t:
(Omg, why did I forget, I'm such a flop shipper... :sweatingbullets:)

So, @enko20 & @onlybeagles, please let me borrow your gifs chingu!

E6kyOKA.gif

Like Solar said, let's be happy as we've been so far! :D 

BDGuIdbHUsNrO.gif

• Like 13

I just saw Eric's Fuse TV interview and tbh I have a neutral opinion about it in a way? First of all, you can really feel Eric's sincerity and strong opinion about being married. I truly believe that he'll be the kind of person who will very much respect his other half, just like we see him in WGM: considering Yongsun's skinship pace, her dreams of traveling, etc. Secondly, it's not that I hate him for not mentioning Yongsun, but I think I would really like it if he mentioned her in the interview as well. Maybe the question was more focused on his experience and his feeling??? idk, but obviously, my fangirl heart wishes that moment he will mention her. 

For the latest episode:

For obvious reasons, I think I'm most hyped for this one because of the spoilers MBC gave us (which we haven't really seen yet lol). I anticipate the waterfall and the yacht scenes too BUT THAT'S FOR LATER LOL. 

This episode really shows us the progress of how Yongsun feels about Eric. The fact that she took his wish to mind and put effort into it really made me happy. The thing about her surprise was that I like how we know it isn't very "Yongsun-like" of her doing it, yet we see this really comfortable-looking, non-pressured Yongsun as she carries out her surprise. I love how she expresses her appreciation for Eric all these times. I think what really surprises me is when Eric says he feels sorry for her. I think that leaves me in question of what he's trying to mean. 

Just like most of you, tbh I got butterflies when I saw the scene where Eric was trying to wake Yongsun up. I don't know the reason why, but it just does. lol.

THE HOLDING HANDS! YES! MY DREAMS HAVE FINALLY COME TRUE! BUT I WANT TO SEE THIS MORE OFTEN PLS HAHAHHA 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, enko20 said:

Mr.Lemon the owner of our thread

Very great touch up on the first page Mr. Lemon ssi *clap (or Mr. Bingrae :P) @Le_Sanguinea could you put Solar self composed song for Eric? It's so simple yet so touching because she really describe her grateful feeling for him. Someone has already posted it here before but i forget the page.

15 hours ago, yongrin16 said:

She sing it with full emotions and looking directly to Eric's eyes.

Eric want to join Solar to sing the song, he is mumbling the song also.

15 hours ago, yongrin16 said:

"a private time for themselves"

It's me or they really only using self cam on burj kalifa, so that Eric said "private time"? detective nim please answer me :D

22 hours ago, Farfalle said:

Actually, the places they visited surely will use Eric & Solar's popularity to boost more customers. I remember that after their eating broadcast episode, many people posted that they ate at the restaurants they visited in Itaewon. The power of our Ddongi couple B) 

*thumb :D almost the the places they visited before posted about them. No wonder they really have a good reputation in Korea. Flashback when Solar asked people in the airport to support her event for Eric. Not only young people (referring to the woman from the aircraft crew) but also the ajussi knows Solar from WGM. (Ajussi are you a fans? lol)

@NamSeoYeon18 ah really love your dp :)! I'm using it as my phone wallpaper too Ddongi is seriously not awkward getting close when taking picture anymore. Just remind me with Titanic 2nd reenacment that went really smooth. 

@Farfalle hihihi maybe 4-5 section BRI is just not enough for me (because i have seen that the other couples before doing BRI a lot in their eps). But i think you're right. Ddongi already doing heart to heart talk in inflatable pool, no need to put another personal interview in BRI again.

Spoiler

Solar Massage to Eric

thank you for taking care of me and understanding me :wub:

There still possibility for them to constantly cheering up each other in their hard time outside the show (just as Eric wish), because Solar so sure of this. Still to know how deep someone caring for you, you need a frequent meeting/communication/interaction

And can someone tell me why Eric feel sorry toward Solar? because he hasn't prepare the anothr event for her yet? or for some other reason?

this is random but, i really like when Eric patted Solar lightly then smile to the stewardess, telling her that Solar is not gonna taking her meal and let Solar having time to rest (this is one of his way for taking care of her also), and on the 9 eps : she was played a role with the animated toy, she really sounded like doing a fable story to children. They look so gentle on that time and for me they giving a parent vibe. Whoever is become their child must be happy having a caring parent like them

Eric's reaction on eps 28 similar to Solar's reaction on eps 9. i wouln't tell and i suggest you to re-watch again :) 

ps : can't wait for touchy Solar in the next episode. 

• Like 9

@sujukpop I think Eric's interview with Fuse TV focused on how Eric feels as WGM cast and (real) marriage itself. And since the interview didn't ask his opinion about Solar, he didn't talk about her. Yeah, so agree with you about Solar's not-Yongseon-like event :D About Eric felt sorry, I think he felt sorry because he saw Solar prepared much for this event? And moreover it's their 200th day celebration. He might feel sorry because he didn't prepare anything. Just my opinion though :) 

2 hours ago, 407801baby said:

It's me or they really only using self cam on burj kalifa, so that Eric said "private time"? detective nim please answer me :D

@407801baby I think they didn't only use self camera at Burj Khalifa. If they only used self camera, the self camera wouldn't be seen in this shot haha. And moreover, there's a reflection of the cameraman there. And Solar's reaction on episode 9, you meant her reaction to Eric's proposal? 

IQWfc52.png

And I guess many chingus here also love the scene when Eric tried to wake Solar on the plane, including me :wub: For me, I think I like the way he woke her up? He woke her gently and it looks like he's being careful because he didn't want to bother her rest time.

• Like 8

@Le_Sanguinea the front page is looking really good :wub: much better! It'll come together more and more as we add more bits and bobs to it :D

@enko20 thank you for the link to fuse tv interview I could not find it while searching myself! Eric's calm, mature side is very charming. His answers are so sincere and honest, what he says is absolutely right. Marriage is about supporting each other's dreams and aspirations. As some of you beautiful faces have mentioned being in sync is very important to him and he has said that many many many times during BRI 'we match well' :lol: (I might have to get on compiling that too gosh) (and thank you again I shall follow your instructions for posting yt videos, forums used to be more complicated than this haha)

@sujukpop I don't think Eric not mentioning Yongsun is anything to trip over in my humble opinion, I think he was thinking more of the bigger picture like production wise what it takes to make a reality show like that and how it felt be a cast in it not really about his partner and how he felt about her? It seemed like he was flustered(his ears) trying to work out the right term for them. It's a tricky concept to explain to people who are not familiar with kentertainment, I tried to think how it'd work out in other countries but I don't know of any other country who's idol's/artist's stock value/career depended so much on a very crystal clear image/not dating. Like Thailand, I'm familiar with but everyone is free to date whoever and to the majority of the nation it would seem silly, although I think the fanboys/girls of the cast would probably enjoy it. 

RBW probably left Yongsun's height as 163 cause it's like an inside joke for Moomoos. We all know all their real heights. I majorly wish they'd do another hiphop track like 1cm, it the first song I heard of theirs and is a favourite.

When Eric said 'private time' what I think he meant by that is they're out of the kpublic eye also there seems to be a lot of commuting in Dubai and maybe they didn't film it cause there's so much more to do at the actual location? and from what we've seen they basically had the restaurant to themselves and the tower too. Please take note when they both mention 'when we're alone' this includes 10-20 crew on standby watching and filming them(not to mention the stylist and make up when they cut to change to make it seem like another day sometimes)

Spoiler

I am torn who to vote :confounded:

• Like 8

I'm pretty sure Eric feels sorry for her because the surprise event he requested failed spectacularly because of the ruined cake, rain and wind. Also, did you guys notice Solar's subtle joke in episode 26? Not sure it had already been covered but she asks in a seductive way 'Would you like some coffee?' I'm pretty sure that's slang for: 'would you like to have some adult fun over at my place?' She also jokingly questioned about boosting stamina and endurance for men in their 2nd date? Quite funny, as I never would have expected these jokes from someone who looks as innocent as Solar.

• Like 8

@venn I think you are new in our thread right? So hi there! :)

Oh, and about that... Yes I caught that too. I don't know if Eric understood that Korean slang, but that was a bit shocking. Well, truthfully be told...

Spoiler

Solar is not as innocent as she looks in that regard my friend. You should check out some of her vids with Mamamoo if you are really curious.

About Eric being sorry, I think he felt bad that Solar struggled so much to prepare something special for him yet he had nothing to give back to her. During their 100th day, both of them did something for each other. Solar gave him a fragrance + letter while Eric gave her an Amy Winehouse LP record. Although, I have a hunch that he might pull off a surprise for her in Dubai. He pays attention to every little things about Solar, so there's no way he didn't remember about their 200th day anniversary.  

• Like 8

@venn as a MooMoo, I thought your post was very funny.

Solar gives off a pretty innocent vibe, doesn't she? But if you ask her members (and also a lie detector), she's kind of the opposite. Here's my favorite video about it:

"I'm just a pervert! Not an insane one!" Solar screams as her members carry her away. It's a great quote. One of her most quoted quotes within the fandom, actually, besides, like "Neutrogena" and stuff.

Also, she's the oldest member of the group, so she's obviously not that innocent. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, cinnaminskies said:

Solar gives off a pretty innocent vibe, doesn't she? But if you ask her members (and also a lie detector), she's kind of the opposite. Here's my favorite video about it:

"I'm just a pervert! Not an insane one!" Solar screams as her members carry her away. It's a great quote. One of her most quoted quotes within the fandom, actually, besides, like "Neutrogena" and stuff.

Also, she's the oldest member of the group, so she's obviously not that innocent. 

YAS. I always end up crying from so much laughter. So you can imagine the kind of humour Mamamoo is into, they're really not the type to act innocent :lol::lol::lol: on sketchbook they also said something on the lines of 'we're really good at drinking' 'we try to emphasise that' 'no we don't but we can drink' Mamamoo saranghae :heart: 

• Like 9

@venn Welcome, chingu! :D 

@cinnaminskies Hahahaha Solar is forever being bullied by her members :lol:

@papaxmoo Well, the other members are good at drinking, but we know that Solar isn't :sweatingbullets: hahaha

-----

Oh, before Solar posted her photo, she posted another memo too.

-----

Eric's IG update!

-----

IG story update!

Spoiler

-----

Googims Company posted Eric's awesome photos!

Spoiler

• Like 9

@Ira Ajja Yup, hope so :D Btw, I just have a thought, other than matching Halloween, maybe the extension of our couple's Dubai episode has to do with MAMAMOO's comeback too, since the girls have been secretive with their concept (looking at the girls' outfit lately includes hoodies/hats). Maybe they want to air the episode after their Dubai trip when MAMAMOO has announced their comeback.

Eric's October schedule (updated October 13th)
https://www.facebook.com/notes/에릭남-eric-nam-news/에릭남-10월-스케줄-161013ver/1035588783220420

• October 20th (Thu)  [Event] Busan One Asia Festival
  • October 22nd (Sat)  [Broadcast] 04:50 PM MBC "We Got Married"
  • October 23rd (Sun)  [Event] Busan Jazz Festival
  • October 26th (Wed)  [Event] Private Event
  • October 29th (Sat)  [Broadcast] 04:50 PM MBC "We Got Married"

MAMAMOO's October schedule

-----

Eric recorded for something?

IG story update:

Spoiler

-----

Alleged MAMAMOO's newest hair (?)