[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

A little bit irony that I find about SW's father (the President)

The President (SW's father) in one of the dialogues said "Doctors these days are so pathetic especially the one who attended top school. They studied their whole life under parental guidance, so they don't have a mindset to take a risk. That's precisely why I prefer third rate graduate.  They understand life.  They know what being trampled on is like."

Doesn't this mean he prefer a doctor like HJ compared to his daughter? 

And later this type of doctor will trample on him...

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

A little bit irony that I find about SW's father (the President)

The President (SW's father) in one of the dialogues said "Doctors these days are so pathetic especially the one who attended top school. They studied their whole life under parental guidance, so they don't have a mindset to take a risk. That's precisely why I prefer third rate graduate.  They understand life.  They know what being trampled on is like."

Doesn't this mean he prefer a doctor like HJ compared to her daughter? 

And later this type of doctor will trample on him...

I  noticed this one too when SW father's has this amusement gaze towards HJ when he learned that HJ came from a not-so-known university.

• Like 12

Hello, I'm new here! I'm so addicted to this drama that I created an account just to discuss it on this forum. Nice to meet you all!

(Hye Jung x Soon Hee is my high key ship to the point that I even created a video for them eeep)

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, thao_2512 said:

Tbh Shinhye can kiss if the role asked her to... And if the directors want to show it...

This is her 1st on screen and off screen kiss for Goong S when she was 17

This is the collection kisses in Pinocchio from Dcut. The PD didn't include all because he afraid it affect rating ( like parents don't want their children to watch)

Most of her roles until now required the kiss to be innocent 1st kiss...  Heirs's was a mess because the PD didn't inform her about the kiss... So she shouldn't be the one to get blamed 

Wuah... SH need to be in cable more often. Tehehehe...

Hopefully now that she's supposed to be 30 and adult the kiss scene would be a mature one and not the innocent 1st kiss. Love story in Harvard was broadcasted by SBS, right? So we still have a hope that the kiss can be steamy even in the national channel. Hopefully because the PD is new, he'll bring something provocative fresh to the table.

Even in the Heirs, I don't see anything wrong about the kiss (in the closet), she was frowning, but were kissing. And the situation required her to frown, wasn't it?

I wondered if the PD she worked for before liked her innocent, eye-opened kiss that they told her to do so. 

I agree it's not her fault, she probably just following the PD's direction.

• Like 19

Im so happy it's flooded with so many bts photos.

Speaking about PSH kiss, I think the best kiss is in Pinocchio. the rest of them does not give me the feel that they are kissing (sorry about it). I hope to see some nice kissing scenes in here though ;) 

I wondered what camera they are using, it's so high res! I need to buy that. 

• Like 20

aigo aigoooo ok ok i beg a pardon crazy-monkey-emoticon-057.gif?1292792394, thanks for all the compilation video of PSH kisses, now I know she can kiss someone (well I always know that she can) but.... it just me who didn't enjoy her expression when she did kissing scene, i do enjoy one on pinochio, when they kiss in the middle of the street. and again it's all about taste, I don't say she is bad.. just wasn't my cup of tea. a part from that she is good actress..

• Like 11

Goong S was her 1st kiss in real life. The poor girl was asked by the director to kiss Seven. The actor didn't realised it was her first kiss initially. It was after 1st take that he realised it as she was really awkward at it. Well, how many of us know how to kiss at first go at it and the character she was playing at that time was supposed to be brash and forward personality. She was 17 then I believed.

I have seen some of her kisses in drama. She always have this weird/awkward expression on her face when she's kissed by her co-stars ... kinda frown or repulsed look of the idea of being kissed. Not sure if it was the direction of the director or did she express it unconsciously. Pinnochi & GoongS are the only ones that she doesn't have a frown on her face when kissed. Hope she will let herself go when kissed in Doctors. Or her character HJ has never been kissed before in her 31 years???

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, stewiefg said:

Yes, I don't understand why SH gets so much stick for kiss scenes. For people who have watched a lot of kdramas, it is well-known that for a certain genre of kdrama, they like the heroine to look shocked, wide-eyed and remain non-responsive during a kiss scene! I suppose it is probably the Director's way to illustrate that this is a very pure and innocent girl indeed and this is her first kiss ever. Lol!! It is a bit like 'wrist-grab' scenes.... that is also something rather typical of kdramas. Other actresses do this 'stunned look kiss' and they don't get any complaints, but SH gets all sorts of nasty criticisms when she is doing the scene as per direction/script. Even after she has proven she can kiss passionately (if required) e.g. Pinocchio, it seems there are people who still would not let go of her past innocent kiss scenes (which were appropriate for the drama genre and her drama character). They do go on about it like a broken record and it is like any excuses just to slag her off? Moreover, is the assessment of someone's acting prowess just down to kiss scenes? If an actor or actress performs one 'innocent kiss', he/she is a bad actor?

SH will continue to excel in any scenes in Doctors - whether expressing sorrow, anger, joy, affection or passion. We are in very safe hands indeed with SH! She has demonstrated great chemistry not only with KRW, but also other male leads and her friendship scenes with Soon Hee and Seo Woo (before SW turned nasty) were also very endearing!! 

This is perhaps a bit off topic, but I must say I am somewhat puzzled and also curious as to why there seems to be a lot of emphasis and discussion on kiss scenes for korean drama forums. But I do not see similar degree of detailed analysis of kisses (I have read in some forums that people even claim they re-watch the scenes in slow-motion to study the kiss in detail etc. Haha..) when I read forums or blogs where people discuss Hollywood or European dramas or films... Can someone please enlighten me? :)

Maybe bcos k-dramas build the story up to that anticipated 1st kiss between the OTPs to the point it becomes a central point of focus & discussion?? i hv watched k-movies which are quite steamy but not k-dramas… that kiss is highly anticipated.  whereas in western & european dramas or movies kissing is a given,

just my 2 cents :D

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Raquel Bastian said:

PSH kiss is trending here haha.

I am positive that Kissing scene of PSH here will be epiccc!!!

she better be prove haters wrong. I men.. it's KRW who you'll be kissing, for crying out loud! just enjoy it and let yourself loose.. 

• Like 13