[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

I keep reminding myself that we're only half way, and latter half is where dramas usually go crazy and depressing. KC not remembering OYJ is EXACTLY the kind of depressing I have in mind. But if that's the road we have to take to keep them together in the end in the same world, I'd say so be it! It's been bothering me thinking that if KC and OYJ are to unite now, they will be of different worlds. She has no identity in W, and so does he in real world. I mean, when you marry a guy, you live with him day by day, right? Being of different world will be tremendously difficult then.

About KC's amnesia...what are the odds...just finished watching Bring It On Ghost ep12 where the female lead forget everything about her OTP, and suddenly served with KC forgetting OYJ. That's cruel, dramaland! Cruel. Althiugh started with forgetting everything, I hope this time KC will fall hard for OYJ (duh), albeit thinking that she is not beautiful and also crazy. I dunno how though.

About Voldemonitor ajusshi, it might be faceless right now, since the author hasnt given it a face. But once he does, it will be easier to beat. I guess it's OSM's homework, to find OTV (one true villain) that made sense to fill in that monitor face. That politician, perhaps?

• Like 12

Finished watching  with subs right now and i dislike that they give/put so many old episode parts in this episode.. We already watched so many times while waiting i didnt need another rewatch  ;___; hope next one will be different!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, i_need_ep9 said:

1) they have yet to share a meal together... .

2) KC has yet to say "I (like, love, adore, fancy, care about) you" 

3) They don't hold each other with force...

My apologies for cutting off your post. I just want to be frank, your post is basically a post to which your making something out of nothing.

1)To be honest with you them sharing a meal has no significance to the movement of the plot and nor does it bother me that they haven't spent 5 minutes sharing a meal when there is plenty of things to focus on like where is the dad?, how is KC supposed to deal with OYJ essentially being a new character which in turn makes her susceptible to dieing and last but not least we have a psychotic voldemort on the loose who wants to kill KC, OYJ and her dad. So as you can see there is only so much this show can cover in a matter of an hour and so much has been revealed up to episode 8 that It leaves me in awwww. Plus it wouldn't make any sense that they would slow down the pace of the show at this point to show them eating a meal. 

2)KC's character is a action hero, he was said to be a play boy but he has not been involved in any romance up till OYJ. OYJ came out of nowhere and essentially flipped his world upside down. Definitely not the greatest way to meet someone. If I put myself in his shoes he's not much of a talker but he is very articulate and so what he says doesn't translate fully and well he's a man (I hope the men on here aren't offended by that). Besides letting himself get that deep where he is says "I (like, love, adore, fancy, care about) you" only makes the situation that more real alongside the facts he isn't "real" himself. He reveals twice that he's afraid he won't see her again and etc. Not knowing when and how she will leave him is probably going  to ensue some sort of mental breakdown in the future if it hasn't happened already. This is one of the rare dramas that I can understand why he hasn't said it. There are far too many reasons he's holding himself back. 

3) We have gotten 4 kisses, 2 forehead kisses by episode W has broken k-drama rules just by that alone. Now your critiquing on how he holds her..... No offence but Id take episode 7 kiss any time of day. Does a moment call a forceful kiss not necessarily, I think him putting her on the desk was force enough for me. I might sound perverted but Im not gonna lie I needed it slower just so I can enjoy the moments the way a perve would.

• Like 15

'W' Lee Jong-suk jumps off rooftop in front of Han Hyo-joo

Spoiler

photo756755.jpg

On the episode 8 of MBC's Wednesday & Thursday drama, "W", the actual criminal man appeared again and threatened to gun down Oh Yeon-joo. Later, Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon-joo started believing the criminal man actually existed and initiated the project "W".

Kang Cheol suggested they should stay at home quietly for a while and also said, "Had no clue that the criminal man would appear all of sudden. We can't do anything until we find out where he is". Oh Yeon-joo asked sadly, "Then, we should live like this until when?".

Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon-joo later realized that Oh Yeon-joo, who was immortal in the web-toon world, also could die. Kang Cheol also realized that Oh Yeon-joo became one of the main characters of the web-toon and the characters who lost the reasons for existence in the story would disappear, when he heard his best friends, Deo Do-yoon (Lee Tae-hwan) and Yoon So-hee (Eugene Jung) are at risk to disappear. He also ran to Yoon So-hee's house and saved her by telling her, "You're my best friend whom I need for the rest of my life".

Meanwhile, after Oh Yeon-joo returned to the real world, she could not find a way to go back to the web-toon world and was being chased down by the criminal man. The criminal man shoot a bullet at Oh Yeon-joo, and she returned to the web-toon world right before the bullet hit her. She found herself sitting on the passenger seat next to Kang Cheol.

After Oh Yeon-joo realized what was really going on, she sobbed. Kang Cheol asked her to draw him a picture about his dream. By making all the horrible things happening to be a part of his dreaming, he wanted to go back to the time she did not know about him and keep her alive in the real world.

And then he jumped off the rooftop. When he woke up later, he shed tears, but he could not remember the time

• Like 8

Oh what an episode

An episode  which was mix of sad and funny moments .

KC is sad of lingering danger around Dr. Oh and is worried of his slowly disappering world. 

While Dr Oh all lost in dreaming about her prince charming KC...Day Dreaming

By end of episode  Kc realises he is not born to have family and love around. So he decides to accept the faith his creator will decide for him and has decided to stop resisting .Cry

Our dreamy Dr. Oh too  realises ,her dreams can't come true so sacrifices her rosy dreams and ends up crying in some corner seeing her love KC forget every loving moments he shared with her and treat her like stranger  Unhappy

• Like 6

Ah, I finally managed to join here again. And best is, the subs are out already.
Although it's not going to help me right now. I haven't watched episode 8 yet and I won't be able to do so for quite a while as I just got some urgent work-related task that needs to be finished asap (which basically means an all-nighter, but that's fine), but at least I was able to finish backreading all the pages I missed since last joining here before they called me back to duty.

Thanks for all of you who did the recaps, screencaps and gifs from what actually happened during the 8th episode. It made me feel like I've been able to watch it.

I don't have much time but there one idea I would like to share since you posted the preview and translations as well as certain theories of whether KC is in YJ's world or the other way around and how that's going to make sense. After having watched the preview several times I actually believe it makes sense for YJ to be back in KC's world even if he cannot remember or tries not to remember her. The preview as translated by Viki tells us that Soo Bong called in the others to tell them that he called them to properly end the comic (after havign heard that sentence quite a lot it doesn't really sound like dad but like SB). I assume this includes YJ as well. Maybe at first SB and YJ tried to come up with a proper ending themselves without involving dad. And to set up the framework for re-introducing a believable story of who the culprit could be they may concluded that YJ needs to be there to leave certain trails for who the real bad guy could be behind. So basically she needed to return to the story as a minor character that should not be remembered of recognized by the main manwha characters at all for working in the background and observing whether the set-up for the ending is working or not. She needs to return to leave the clues that KC can trace for finding a culprit that didn't leave any real traits, clues to follow. So for KC to be able to catch him they need to write in, create these clues he can pick on.
But I assume something will go wrong, cause the next sentence in the preview "I picked out a face, That person is the only one who Kang Cheol will accept as the real culprit" was clearly spoken by YJ's dad. Or another possibility is that dad actually grew a conscience after everything that happened and his encounters with KC and the bad guy and he chose to use his own face as the face of the culprit as he knows deep down KC would just accept that as he already pointed out while talking to dad that dad is no other than a killer, but he just chose to kill with his pen instead of real weapons. And maybe YJ tries to stop dad from establishing himself as the real culprit and that's why she gets pulled into the manwha world again. No matter how much she feels for KC she want's to protect her dad as well - and that's how she will end up in between the two most important men in her life again. And that could also the reason why KC asked her whether she's OYJ? KC already followed some clues leading to dad and discovered her as a possible link with a connection to him and he tries to talk to her for more information.

Or I'm completely wrong with m guesses but for now it's more reasonable for me that JY is back in KC's world and that there is a good reason for that one related to establish the intended ending that KC is back in her world.

Anyway need to go now - still a lot of work do to. Maybe I'm able to watch it tomorrow, preferably back-to-back with episode 9.

Have a great discussion until than...

• Like 10

I just wanted to give my BIG THANX to all who participated in the live stream last night! I have yet to watch episode 8 with english subs but needless to say if I cried during the live stream, you bet Ill  give a good cry when I watch it the second time. 

Also, Im not gonna lie after watching episode 8 Im so glad we will get to see episode 9 today otherwise it will be one torturous journey if they did it as originally planned. Episode 9 is still on schedule as per imbc.com website. 

It's funny I recalled before starting this drama, to not get emotionally evolved. Well I definitely jinxed myself there. 

• Like 8

Am I the only one who finds the plot now getting boring and dragged out? 

KC is constant on the run, he can't have a nice peaceful moment. And YJ is only living for the alternate world, the whole plot and set up was so interesting in the beginning, but because the writer made everything happen so quickly, the plot became not so interesting anymore. I mean she could have given us some more wedding scenes, and them all living in peace etc. before pulling another twist. There are so many twists and things happening that's become less addicting as in the beginning. And KC gives up so quickly, I want him to experience undying love, he doesn't fight for YJ at all. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, marie67 said:

Am I the only one who finds the plot now getting boring and dragged out? 

KC is constant on the run, he can't have a nice peaceful moment. And YJ is only living for the alternate world, the whole plot and set up was so interesting in the beginning, but because the writer made everything happen so quickly, the plot became not so interesting anymore. I mean she could have given us some more wedding scenes, and them all living in peace etc. before pulling another twist. There are so many twists and things happening that's become less addicting as in the beginning. And KC gives up so quickly, I want him to experience undying love, he doesn't fight for YJ at all. 

Boring and dragged out? I actually found the episode to be quite emotional and heartbreaking, minus the same flashbacks. I think they managed to use the amnesia plot in a more creative way, which will create interesting scenes in future episodes. This drama still has me on a emotional rollercoaster ride. It's literally one of the most unique plot and dialogue I've ever seen in K-drama history. So boring? I don't think so. AT ALL.

• Like 13

So, here's the thing..

Today we saw what KC imagined (did nt voice) also became part of the toon..

The STORY is intelligent... it is not even abt KC or the killer.. its like story wants to come alive and is deciding its own episodes - who decides what is befitting of an episodes end and hence to be conitnued, why 30 minutes, who is driving the characters

My Q is: A story exists for an audience.. so if the story is trying to exist in whichever world, it is doing so for some audience... who are those people? - US.. will the series go meta at the end of it..???

What are the laws that decide what can be a surprise ending, or that role of certain characters is over forever or any other such thing..

Why are episode starting series summary in form of a narrator narrating a story's arc till date...

All of this has to connect to another 3rd world...otherwise all will fall flat..

Why would letters come hanging in thin air in our (aka YJ's world..which is supposed to be our world.. the real logical governed by physics world)

Yup, 3rd world has to exist

Lastly,

of all the flashbacks of KC and SH.. why this particular conversation - that he is a genius and wants to become a computer engineer - are we talking abt a software that makes virtual come alive?

Or maybe just overthinking..

also agree with someone who mentioned it before in the thread.. based on preview, its KC only...i guess YJ wrote herself into the manga as minor character so that she has some connection..

but ofcourse KC has forgotten her, all set to marry SH..

:(.. sad!

Now that its a new day.. i think i blabbered a lot above.. so, ya..story doesn't need audience..its characters can be its audience..like our universe..no one is deciding or making any laws..and yet laws exist from gravity to fractals to DNA..

Does anyone rember when KC went to real world- did that become part of the manga???

If yes, then does our own world collapse when KC travels to this world because story world has to revolve around KC...and things happen to drive KC..so would people dissapear who are irrelevant to the KC..

And why can't the story publish itself..why must it reach the producer in his email and then publishing company publish it?

• Like 10

SHE IS ONE HELL OF A KNOCKOUT! HHJ IS KILLING IT

Han Hyo Joo Rocks A Red Lip In Stunning Shoot For Grazia 

Han Hyo Joo Rocks A Red Lip In Stunning Shoot For Grazia

W” star Han Hyo Joo looks breathtaking in a new photo shoot for the magazine Grazia!

In the photos from Grazia’s September issue, Han Hyo Joo shows off her beautiful long locks in flowing outfits, and wears a deep red lipstick for the shoot. It’s reported that she made the crew cheer every time she struck a pose. Although they had to fit the shoot into her tight schedule, they were able to quickly pull it off because of her professionalism.

han hyo joo 2

Han Hyo Joo says, “It’s been a long time since I’ve worn a red lipstick. I’m curious to see what the results are, since this is the first time I’ve done a photo shoot concept like this since I made my acting debut.”

han hyo joo 3

This issue of “Grazia” is slated to hit the stands on August 20.

Han Hyo Joo is currently starring as Oh Yeon Joo in the massive hit drama “W,” opposite Lee Jong Suk.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/17/han-hyo-joo-rocks-red-lip-stunning-shoot-grazia/

• Like 13