[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest iamsars

my itunes wont automatically rip my cds any suggestions?

wen u insert a cd into itunes it usually doesn't rip by itself.. or at least as far as im concerned.. wat u need to do is have itunes open and then click on the cd name or w/e(where it shows the cd in itunes) and then near the search bar in the top right corner should have a button that says "import songs" or something like that.. thats the way i get cd's ripped into itunes >_>;;

I have a few questions I was hoping you experts can help me with.

1. How do I remove songs/videos/photos from my Ipod? ( I currently own a 30GB Video Ipod and running on iTunes 7). Is it automatic in the sense where if I just remove it from my iTunes library, it will also be removed on the actual Ipod? I've been told that my current version of iTunes will have an option that lets me choose to remove files. but I have yet to discover that.

2. I understand in order to add videos to Ipod, it needs to be in a format that is compatiable with iTunes, can someone recommand a good software that converts avi.mpeg, rm, etc etc other type of video files into iTune/iPod compatiable files?

Thanks a lot in advance!

videora ipod converter.. get it here: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest its ann

Ok I have a 20 GB Wheel Click ( Im guessing the 4th edition). I was listening to it and all of a sudden it froze and when I tried to turn it on it came up with a folder. I went to Apple.com and i tried to do what they said but when i plug in my ipod to my computer it doesn't show up on itunes also, I can't charge it. It keeps on showing th folder and also a battery symbol. I can't charge it nor does it appear on itunes.. I know it's not broken because it still turns on. I might just have to download the right updater but i dont know which one to download. Help me please.. i hope i made sense..also i updated to Itunes 7..

I have a few questions I was hoping you experts can help me with.

1. How do I remove songs/videos/photos from my Ipod? ( I currently own a 30GB Video Ipod and running on iTunes 7). Is it automatic in the sense where if I just remove it from my iTunes library, it will also be removed on the actual Ipod? I've been told that my current version of iTunes will have an option that lets me choose to remove files. but I have yet to discover that.

2. I understand in order to add videos to Ipod, it needs to be in a format that is compatiable with iTunes, can someone recommand a good software that converts avi.mpeg, rm, etc etc other type of video files into iTune/iPod compatiable files?

Thanks a lot in advance!

When you plug in your ipod and then go to itunes, on the side panel where your itunes library is and stuff dere should also be a section for your ipod. Your music that is in your ipod should be located there. Select ones that you don't want and hit delete. That should get rid off it. Getting rid of music from your itunes library won't get rid of it on your ipod, because the ipod has already copied the song into it's hard disk.

okay i need some help fast..so my ipod nano was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it's not working for some reason...when i saw my ipod nano it says "disk mode: a huge check and ok to disconnect", i tried clicking on it and turning the wheel, except that it wouldn't click..i went back home and tried updating my ipod nano, but there's still no use. Is it broken? Please help me out, thanks.

nevermind someone helped me on this already :).

Guest bohemianheart.

hrm. i have a question.

i'm gonna get the new ipod video. and my friend said that when you put videos in like a mv; say i put five mv's in that equals to thirty minutes. If i want to put more do i have to delete the previous mv's? to put new ones in? Because if that happens, then i don't want to buy it. I'm planning to buy the 30gb.

I might just get the new Baby Blue ipod nano the new ones that came out two weeks ago. ^_^

^^

I have the 30 gb and so far I have over 10 MVs and two xman shows on there. There's still plenty of room left. And no, it doesn't delete the old ones when you put new ones in.

I'm having trouble ripping my DVDs to my iPod. I downloaded the decrypter, but I ended up with an ifo file instead of something like avi or wma or something that I can actually use to convert. Anyone recommend any other programs or anything else I can do?

Guest CK92842

^^

I have the 30 gb and so far I have over 10 MVs and two xman shows on there. There's still plenty of room left. And no, it doesn't delete the old ones when you put new ones in.

I'm having trouble ripping my DVDs to my iPod. I downloaded the decrypter, but I ended up with an ifo file instead of something like avi or wma or something that I can actually use to convert. Anyone recommend any other programs or anything else I can do?

This site should prove useful, I'm sure there is an easier method but it doesn't hurt to have some background info on the video formats playable on the iPod.

http://plasticbugs.com/?p=305

Guest __`b4by

my itunes program wouldnt open. i've installed and reinstall over and over again but it wouldnt open. i double click but it doesnt open. what's wrong?

Guest Orange boogaloo
okay i need some help fast..so my ipod nano was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it's not working for some reason...when i saw my ipod nano it says "disk mode: a huge check and ok to disconnect", i tried clicking on it and turning the wheel, except that it wouldn't click..i went back home and tried updating my ipod nano, but there's still no use. Is it broken? Please help me out, thanks.

I have the same question. Thanks =x

Guest vnbaybeh

i was wondering on how to have your songs/videos load from your ipod to your computer. is there a free program to do that? i've been trying to do that because my computer, which had all my stuff on there, had a virus. so now i'm using my brother's laptop. and i'm getting my laptop next month also so this question is vital... hahas.

thanks for helping=)

Guest vnbaybeh

i was wondering if this was normal.

cus i can't seem to update my ipod.

i added like 200 more songs and it won't loaddd. -_-;

it says its updated..but it really hasntttt.

so please helpppppp;

Guest yunax21

my ipod won't turn back on at all.. it usually does when i plug it to the computer or when i charge it but this time it's just blank... :( did anyone have the same problem as me? tell me how you can fix it pleasee! >_<

Guest happyshirt

I think this has been disucssed before but i can't find the earlier thread can someone help me plse? What's a free tool to transfer music from my ipod to the computer plse?

thank you.

Guest chineseduckling

my ipod i think just broke yesterday. thank goodness its still under the one year warranty but everytime i turn it on the apple image comes up for about one second then it dies out. help me :) thankies

Guest XiaO_iZe

Many pages for reading.

I'm so lazy <---- I'm bad,I know.

But can I ask you huys question?

I've just format my computer.

And I have re-installed itune7.

But system or program doesn't work like the past.

When I import songs to libraly.

Songs are set to a-z (my eng is very poor)

Okay if you don't have any idea what I am talking about.

Example:

normal itune

track 1 cccc

track 2 aaa

track 3 bbbb

But my itune is

track 2 aaa

track 3 bbb

track 1 ccc

^

^

^

like this

How to solve this problem?

I want it back.

Guest thequondam

my ipod i think just broke yesterday. thank goodness its still under the one year warranty but everytime i turn it on the apple image comes up for about one second then it dies out. help me :) thankies

I think you should go down to Apple fast :P

Archived