[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest Rhapsodyy

omgosh~~ i need help badd~~

for some reason after i got a new laptop.

my ipod is all messed up

it keeps freezing itunes after i sync a few songs

i keep restoring but it wont work

so i unplugged it cz there's no other way to eject it

and all my songs dissappear.

what do i do?

i have windows vista btw if that matterss

Homg your question is almost like mine! haha I got a new laptop [with vista as well if it matters], installed itunes, and i was editing all my song titles on my ipod [songs i had on their previously]... so it was going fine, when all the sudden when i clicked on song, ALL the songs had the exclamation mark thing beside them... so i had to unplug my ipod because after that itunes froze. Anyways, then my ipod starting ticking, like the apple symbol would show up, then the screen would go black, then ipod symbol again- all the while making a ticking noise.... so i've reconnected my ipod, and itunes says it's corrupted and if i want to restore my ipod back to factory settings.... so even though it said i'll lose my music i still did it- and then it says the ipod's been restored and that it will show up in the itunes once it restarts.. but as soon as it unconnects itself while restarting it goes right back to the apple symbol and the black screen with ticking thing!

Can someone please help me figure out what to do? How do i restore my ipod? i can't add any songs to it while it's like this, and it's annoying that it's not working. I've looked on the apple site for information but it's not helping me at all...

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest random koohkie

I have an iPod Video (the classic one, 1st gen?). I just started using it, and I don't get how to add music videos or movies on it.

My MV's are windows files...

Do you have a converter for the vids?

I use Videora iPod Converter and it converts all my videos.

I've been having this problem for over 3months can't fix it.

my problem is the same as this person's posted on yahoo

"I'll plug in my iPod, the apple logo will appear. It stays there for about 3-5 seconds, and goes to the menu, which fades after about a half a second. Then, this starts over again. It does nothing else."

I've downloaded and redownloaded itunes, tried restarting/resetting the ipod by pressing every single combination you could for long periods of time nothing worked.

It repeats until it's dead and no battery. Computer and itunes don't recognize it either.

I tried disk mode it won't move, doesn't work

I tried this question on apple forums no help lol everyone who had this problem i think had to replace it ugh

I have an iPod Video (the classic one, 1st gen?). I just started using it, and I don't get how to add music videos or movies on it.

My MV's are windows files...

What do you mean? You don't know how to add it to your library through itunes???

Go to file->import? They're wmvs??? If they are find a converter to like mp4.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xiaoba1tu

Ok, my iPod shuffle 2nd gen just died halfway through a song.

I reset it but there's no light flashing whatsoever.

I plugged it in my laptop to recharge, and even then it's not flashing. It just suicided.

I think I'll just go get it replaced.

Guest Kizoku

URGENT!

I want to send over the playlists & play count on my iPod to my computer. Thing is, my computer got a new hard drive and could not recognize my iPod when I plugged it in. It asked to delete the entire library of the iPod before syncing it with the computer. What should I do? I'm not so concerned about getting the songs over, but I want to send over play count to Last.fm too (which requires that the iPod be automatically synced, not manually) and still have my playlists.

I hope there's a program for free that can help me do this. I have a PC with Vista, and a 160 gb iPod.

Please please please help me! & thanks!

URGENT!

I want to send over the playlists & play count on my iPod to my computer. Thing is, my computer got a new hard drive and could not recognize my iPod when I plugged it in. It asked to delete the entire library of the iPod before syncing it with the computer. What should I do? I'm not so concerned about getting the songs over, but I want to send over play count to Last.fm too (which requires that the iPod be automatically synced, not manually) and still have my playlists.

I hope there's a program for free that can help me do this. I have a PC with Vista, and a 160 gb iPod.

Please please please help me! & thanks!

Should just google or look at some of the posts here we have plenty of those threads http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242952

Guest aja-aja

My computer where all my songs are and where I plug my iPod in just crashed.

I really wanna upload new songs on my iPod using my laptop but I'm scared that it might delete all the songs that are already in the iPod.

Is there any way to add songs without doing so? & is there any way that I can transfer all the songs from my iPod to my laptop?

Thanks in advance :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iya.donghae

HALP.

My iPod shuffle doesn't get detected by itunes. I updated to iTunes 8, buuut.

I get this message:

Service 'iPod Service'(iPod Service) failed to start. Verify that you have current privileges to start system services.

I kept pressing retry, but to no avail. :|

Guest Vivskies

I'm wondering what your guys average ipod lifespan is.

The last 2 ipods I've had both died after a year.

I have to admit, I'm pretty irritated, and if everyone else ipod is also dying after a year, I won't get another ipod.

i have the new ipod classic

and i'd like to ask... i put some

videos in the MUSIC VIDEO folder

on itunes and since that doesn't

show up on itunes, how do i delete

videos from there?

-Rebecca

When you have the video files converted (super, videora, etc can convert to the proper format of mp4, m4v, mov) then you can drop the files onto itunes or into your ipod video folder. If it doesn't show up.. its possible it never was added or it didn't have any tags in which case you should go to your Movies and see if its there unsorted.

My computer where all my songs are and where I plug my iPod in just crashed.

I really wanna upload new songs on my iPod using my laptop but I'm scared that it might delete all the songs that are already in the iPod.

Is there any way to add songs without doing so? & is there any way that I can transfer all the songs from my iPod to my laptop?

Thanks in advance :D

Make sure you have manually manage music checked.

As a precaution you can make sure it wont auto sync before you connect your ipod

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/286139...3dca37f33_o.jpg

Then check manually manage music in itunes after you connect your ipod

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/286222...f30896d24_o.jpg

HALP.

My iPod shuffle doesn't get detected by itunes. I updated to iTunes 8, buuut.

I get this message:

I kept pressing retry, but to no avail. :|

Try uninstalling then reinstalling itunes. Sounds like the service was disabled.

I'm wondering what your guys average ipod lifespan is.

The last 2 ipods I've had both died after a year.

I have to admit, I'm pretty irritated, and if everyone else ipod is also dying after a year, I won't get another ipod.

How do they "die" most batteries will die in the two years or so. The other problems can have other causes... so cant just say its apple only.

what do you do when your ipod freezes?

i'm still kinda new to this..

Depends on the model

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Go throgh the first 3 clicks.. select ipod, click next and you can see how to reset based on your specific ipod.

I have a problem with my iPod regarding scratches. Mine is the iPod classic 160 GB and due to my careless-ness and no case, the ipod is scratched, like totally scratched. I've heard of using Brasso or a banana even to remove the scratches (banana doesn't work >.<). Is there a place that I can send my iPod to to get rid of the scratches (if that's possible)? If so, how much will they charge?

Guest XxMissxJennxX

how do you put songs on an ipod exactly? more specifically, an ipod touch.

after i dled a show and put it on my ipod, it wiped out all of my songs =X

and now i cant move them to my ipod =[

Guest Poetic Prophet

how do you put songs on an ipod exactly? more specifically, an ipod touch.

after i dled a show and put it on my ipod, it wiped out all of my songs =X

and now i cant move them to my ipod =[

im not sure but this happened to me when i upgraded to itunes 8. You have to click on your ipod through itunes and select manually manage music/videos. after that you can reload your playlist. or if your dumb like me and didnt have playlists you have to drag and drop all of your music all over again to your library.

It took me awhile to figure this out but i did it.

Peace!

Guest c'tin tje

i'm going to buy ipod, but i confused between classic and itouch.

can anybody tell me plus and minus of those products also the application.

I like both songs and vids. which one is better? classic or itouch? thx

The classic is mostly for those that want to keep a library of music/pictures/videos. The touch is for those that want multi-purpose. You can use the touch as an organizer, media player, web browser, etc. If you find yourself watching a lot of videos, the 3.5" screen on the Touch would justify your purchase. Other then that, if you're going to listen to music most of the time, just get a classic. It's no different unless you want the Touch for aesthetic purposes. I have a touch myself because I find myself needing an organizer and something to show my media to.

I think you should get the ipod touch because since you stated that you liked both music and vids, the ipod touch has a much bigger screen so you can see things better. Also if you were to get the ipod touch now you would get the 2.0 firmware anyways so you can get free applications on your ipod and if you have money you can buy applications too. But the thing is if you dont have wifi it is kind of useless because you dont get all the fun stuff, unless you know how to do stuff like ssh into it.

I have a problem. My computer doesn't recognize my ipod shuffle anymore. Whenever I plug it in, a box would pop up and say that 'The ipod cannot be synced. The required disk can not be found." I can still charge my shuffle but I can't delete or put in new songs :(

Does this mean my ipod doesn't work anymore?

^ thanks 432521. I was thinking about getting an ipod touch or an ipod classic. But I want to use my ipod to watch movies as well so I guess the touch is better and it has wifi :)

Archived