[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest BBYxENVIOUSS

i just bought a nano 4th generation and i'm kinda new to ipods.

the problem is that the videos i put in my ipod won't play sound !

how do i fix this?

when i try to play the video on my nano, there' no sound !

please helpppp >.<

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mezzclizcx

TT^TT i made a totally useless thread when i could have just came here right away

anyway i have a really huge problem with my ipod touch

how do you go online with a ipod touch, when i go to the settings for wi fi theres these connection thingies i never heard of like:

3VEN6 and torres, both of which i have no idea what they are, sometimes there are other totally random things,

nvm i connected to something...? by accident anyway but now i says i cant find its server, ...WHATS A SERVER?! TT^TT

so basically im asking how do you go online on a ipod touch and do i have to go online and register anything, also if i go online on a ipod touch do i have to pay any fees? beacuse my friends cousin got her ipod touch from her aunt and she could automatically go online right away

Guest TWEE_xD

Okay. I'm having a major issue with my two IPODS.

Recently I just reformatted my computer because I had a huge virus. Well anyways I bought the Microsoft XP reformtting disk, I think its called like service pack two. I reinstall windows and everything. It's working fine, and I go to reinstall ITUNES and everything is fine (all my songs are back, ITUNES work perfectly). But when I connect my second generation IPODS the computer wont recognize either of them. I tried everything the three Rs on the APPLE Website. But I just can't get my computer or ITUNES to even recognie the IPODS. I need help. Someone please help me.

after getting a virus, i had to reformat my computer. thankfully, the guy who did it saved everything to one of the drives, so most of my music was still there [the other music that's still missing was directly uploaded onto iTunes and not saved on my computer]

however, i was recently listening to some of the songs on my iPod, but they started skipping a few seconds and replaying a few seconds. i have the old video iPod, and i've had it for about a year and a half.

BUT it's only on the songs on ONE play list.

is there anything i can do to stop the skipping around? and "just not listening to those songs" isn't an option...because i like those songs.

Guest sl33p1n6b34uty

so my ipod works fine...sorta i guess

audio is playing

but the display is like...gone

i cant see anything all that happens when i push the button is the backlight lights up

but the screen is still blank

any clue?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KimchiLand

I have a 6th Generation 160GB iPod Classic and it's working fine except for 2 problems. I have a song that won't play on my iPod but will play on iTunes. When I select it on my iPod it'll show the title and stuff and then skip to the next song before it plays. Also, my secon problem has to do with the video function. I have quite a few videos and they all play fine except for one. It'll go through and then randomly go back to the menu. Then when I select it again, the video starts over. I don't want to have to constantly have to find my place in my video over and over again.

Guest Kiwi Blush

Some of these audio problems might be just your earphones. Cuz one time, I heard the music but it sounds extremely echoey and far away, but then I unplugged the earphones and plugged it back in and it turned out fine again.

My iPod seems to freeze a lot when I first bought it, now it's better :blush: . I usually just press on the middle and top buttons at the same time to restart it (they advised this on their guideline).

is there any program where you can put subtitles onto the videos when converting?

I use "PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter" and it converts all my videos that have video and subtitle file separate but combines them to in mp4 ipod format when i convert it with that program =)

Guest emceej

^ you could try the bottom part. it has that lock in the bottom.

orange indicates it's locked.

i have a question. i have the new nano. 3rd gen i think.

and when i put thumbnails for the album art it doesn't work.

help ?

Guest lucky*13

Thank god I found this thread!

Anyways I was wondering, (QUESTION.)

is there something wrong with IPod nowadays? I tried to sync my IPod a few weeks ago, and it didn't let me! It didn't even read my IPod on the computer (Vista)! And so I tried on my laptop, same thing happened. How do I fix this? Somebody please help.

Guest jazlyn

I am freaking out. :crazy: Suddenly all of my songs and videos in my itunes library are gone and when i opened my itunes it said something like " Ur ipod is being synced with another library. Do u want to erase and sync with this library?" I clicked cancel as the current library is blank and obviously i dont want to erase all my files in my ipod. So what am i supposed to do now? If i add new songs and videos and sync it will all my old files be gone? And i cant transfer all my old videos in the library and start over cause i deleted them all :tears:

Guest Luu-who

my ipod always freezes when i connect the usb to the comp

is that normal? . .. is there anyway i can fix it? O_o

i only bought my ipod like a few months ago. .

oh and when i play a certain song on repeat for a long period of time

(like a hour or so.. )

it'll just like stop.. . . and it won't let me listen/hear music again

until i restart it . . . X_x

Guest juliehongx

i was being stupid, and tried to hack into my itouch. never going to do that again..

anyways, and then in the middle, i got scared cuz html started popping up on my ipod &&

i disconnected my itouch, and the html is still going on, and no matter what i press, nothing's happening.

oh, and i used a program called ziphone. please help. :tears:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xoxdumkrngirlxox

my itunes says that there isnt enough space on my ipod for my songs but then i look at the storage and it says that there is still 1.97 gb left. i tried deleting a few songs but it still doesnt update all of my songs.

Guest emceej

I am freaking out. :crazy: Suddenly all of my songs and videos in my itunes library are gone and when i opened my itunes it said something like " Ur ipod is being synced with another library. Do u want to erase and sync with this library?" I clicked cancel as the current library is blank and obviously i dont want to erase all my files in my ipod. So what am i supposed to do now? If i add new songs and videos and sync it will all my old files be gone? And i cant transfer all my old videos in the library and start over cause i deleted them all :tears:

well, you can't add songs to it anymore if you don't want your old songs to get deleted.

well probably your main library is on a different computer ?

the only time i got that message is when i had to reboot my whole computer .

sorry didn't help much =.=

my ipod always freezes when i connect the usb to the comp

is that normal? . .. is there anyway i can fix it? O_o

i only bought my ipod like a few months ago. .

oh and when i play a certain song on repeat for a long period of time

(like a hour or so.. )

it'll just like stop.. . . and it won't let me listen/hear music again

until i restart it . . . X_x

mine is just like that T_T

specially when a particular song is on repeat

it just dies. when i connect it to the usb, it dies also so i have to restart and

stuff. such a hassle T_T

idk if it's normal but it happens to me also.

• 1 month later...
Guest saving_carmen

omgosh~~ i need help badd~~

for some reason after i got a new laptop.

my ipod is all messed up

it keeps freezing itunes after i sync a few songs

i keep restoring but it wont work

so i unplugged it cz there's no other way to eject it

and all my songs dissappear.

what do i do?

i have windows vista btw if that matterss

Archived