[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest iim_mama

I have a 30gb video ipod.

and this is kind of old problem but.. it stopped charging on my ipod dock.

i dont know why. it just did and it wont charge on there anymore.

which succs cuhz if i sleep with it on it'll die and i cant bring it with me the next morning -__-

any solutions? pleasee &thank youu.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pkoollo

i plan on getting an ipod nano

but my computer's cd/dvd player doesnt work

so my question is are there any programs that you need to get by cd?

i plan on getting an ipod nano

but my computer's cd/dvd player doesnt work

so my question is are there any programs that you need to get by cd?

You can download everything from the apple site :)

Btw does it not read anything at all? If it doesn't read you can often fix it by reinstalling http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23012 otherwise just fyi they're only about $30 for desktop DVD burners.

Guest llee10789

heyyy everyone!

i need some help.

i have downloaded music videos from limewire, and now need to convert them to MP4 format. to make them able to play on my ipod.

where can i download a program that will convert my files to mp4 format?

thanks alot everyone

Guest 영원한 사랑

i have a problem with my video ipod ..

its been working fine but all of a sudden it just stopped functioning ..

its like the screen is totally stuck and i try to reset it and it doesn't work...

anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it??? thanks

Hold those buttons to reset a bit longer

Does anyone know if iTunes lets you set batch ID3 tags? Like to match Artist namse

6sb8kef.jpg

People tell me highlight the tracks right click and go to edit :blink:

right click and edit

it'll ask you if you want to edit all files or not

then whatever u input will appear for all tracks u selected

:sweatingbullets: interesting did apple take out features in 7.5?

Guest jss_love

i have a ipod nano 3rd gen and it's only been about a month since i got it, but i keep having problems with it. my latest problem with it is that when i connect it to my computer, it stays connected for barely 5 seconds, and it gets ejected right away. it does not even appear in my itunes or my computer. even my old ipod nano 1st gen survived longer without a single problem for a year -__-x

if anyone could help me, thanks!

Guest THAT--GIRL

one of my videos won't work!

it works fine on my itunes and my gomplayer, but it'll go for like, 10 seconds on my ipod and go back to the main screen. whyyy? is this a mp4 converting problem or is there no way to fix that? T_T

oh, and the person who converted it for me told me it works fine on her ipod =X

i have a problem with my video ipod ..

its been working fine but all of a sudden it just stopped functioning ..

its like the screen is totally stuck and i try to reset it and it doesn't work...

anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it??? thanks

that happened to my ipod a week after i got mine, and it's a video too xD

i tried resetting it, but the screen was just totally stuck. i just left it on until the battery died, and when i plugged it back into my computer, it started working again :)

has the battery already died out?

Guest jss_love

I bet you just got a defective pod.. You try a different cable/usb port?

yea, i used two different usb cords and they didn't work, then i connected it into different ports, and it still acted the same way...

I have another problem but this is with my sister's iPod. The new nano one. Evrytime it connects to iTunes it says it does not recognise the ipod and suggests that I should restore it. So I click restore and it tells me to update the software but when I do it over downloads. The software is 58.2mb and it just continues updating more than 58.2mb. Help?

jss_love

Have you tried this.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93651

It's pretty similar to my problem (the first post on this page)

I don't know if it'll help but it is worth trying.

Guest jss_love

jss_love

Have you tried this.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93651

It's pretty similar to my problem (the first post on this page)

I don't know if it'll help but it is worth trying.

actually i tried that...still didn't work T_T; thanks anyway though...

i decided to try connecting my ipod to my laptop..and it worked yet it still doesn't work on my desktop.. i was thinking of restoring it through my laptop but i don't know if it will be able to connect afterwards into my desktop still. and since most of my music and videos are in my desktop... should i try restoring my ipod anyways?

yea, i used two different usb cords and they didn't work, then i connected it into different ports, and it still acted the same way...

Plug it in, and hold the connector in the ipod at a slight angle like a bit up or down... test for a loose connector

To answer my own question BATCH ID3 tags

8e7q3jl.jpg

This part was like :crazy: WHATS APPLE THINKING?!?!

The rest is easy but to be consistent

72zuepz.jpg

6t5uwi8.jpg

Now will someone fix my Itunes freeze and crash when I try to quit after I connect my iPod? :D please?

Tried to repair, uninstall, reinstall. Uninstall completely, delete the folders delete folder in Documents and Settings/awdark/application data/Apple. System restored. Made sure Last.FM does not exist anymore.

So I have deleted all plugins (very clean anyways), cleared out the library, put the library back, reinstalled, uninstalled my ipod reinstalled it, different ports etc.. elimiated pod because works on brother's computer.

Guest mefirst89

my computer broke and all my songs are in my ipod and i hav another computer...is it possible to put the ipod songs into the new computer =S cuz i dont want to resync and erase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT

OK so i researched around and i found that you can do it..but you need to view IPOD in MY COMPUTER by showing the hidden folders. everyone says you can do it..but i can't??? what's the problem? i already pressed tools options view hidden folders still doesn't work . someone help!!!!!!

EDIT 2

FIGURED IT OUT!! i guess if anyone needs help they can pm me

my computer broke and all my songs are in my ipod and i hav another computer...is it possible to put the ipod songs into the new computer =S cuz i dont want to resync and erase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT

OK so i researched around and i found that you can do it..but you need to view IPOD in MY COMPUTER by showing the hidden folders. everyone says you can do it..but i can't??? what's the problem? i already pressed tools options view hidden folders still doesn't work . someone help!!!!!!

http://lifehacker.com/software/feature/the...ties-329507.php take a look at those there are plenty of programs that let you extract.

http://www.engadget.com/2004/11/02/how-to-...-off-your-ipod/ <also good

I dont have itunes running right now, but go to options, the last tab has a box where you can check never sync ipod/iphone and that should keep you safe from sync and delete all your files.

i got my 4gb ipod nano video today.

how do i convert videos to my ipod ?

nevermind. i got it x]

can you delete songs ?

what i mean is if you don't like the song anymore, can you remove them from your ipod?

Archived