[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

9 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@saturn.sorry...i cannot clear the tag to your name

@febz  hi chingu...this is an example that I cannot clear the quote screen from mobile phone(now I cleared from PC but the name for saturn still cannot be cleared) .. so please bear with the background.   

You got dasan thinker means you are a very intellectual gal!!!  So only wise guys can match you! U go girl!

Seonsaeng-nim..... jal jinaeseoyo?? :wub:.

Have you try to tap the quote until there's a sign appear in left above of the quote like this?

InShot_20161001_231634_zpstidxqgln_edit_

After the sign appear then tap that sign too then use the backspace to delete it. It works on my phone. And for the name tag if you're using chrome have you try to clear your browsing data? 

I'm an intellectual girl??:blink:. I even can't share my quiz result :lol:. Please educate your disciple here seonsaeng-nim 

• Like 9

Hi guys.. I've been silently following your forums for three days because i'm too bored and excited for the next episode.. i still have an exam next week but here i am. Just can't get enough of Ra On and Crown Prince moments. Their ost's are the best especially Because I Miss You and Misty Road. Loving, Love is Over these days but i keep getting heart breaks so i don't know where to put myself. I can't stop thinking about what would happen to them and sometimes i cry while singing to their songs.. I must've been crazy. Didn't know MDBC will drive me crazy. It's been a long time since i felt this way. I love MDBC so much so i hope they would have another kiss, their stares were too hot that i think i might explode if they don't do anything in the next episode. i just want to share how i feel, I can't share my feelings to anyone except to you guys.. Hope you understand my craziness.. HWAITING!!!

• Like 18

That's true too.. Her article is not exactly wrong. However this reporter has written at least 6 glowing articles on our drama next door and written despite it not doing as well as ours, it enjoys a much higher viewer rating in Singapore on her past article.. So I feel hot too when I read that her very first article related to Moonlight was to  comment on how KYJ being a teen actress has caused some concerns with passionate kissing scenes. 

• Like 23

@JinyoungFox thanks for sharing YS cut :)

@febz wah ... such a busy day for you friend :sweatingbullets: ... omo .. you got " the wise harabuji " ?? :lol: ... you need to try again ... try your luck one more time who kno8ws the next one you get what u want .... btw , who do you want to get actually ?? CP ?? YS ?? BY ?? Or anyone else ?? ^_^ for the wise harabuji you can keep him as your adviser , whenever you want advise you can come and ask him , rite ? :P

@chocolatepie  if the marriage might not happen at all ... then Hallelujahhhh  .... :phew: 

@jeamie welcome ... welcome .... nice to meet you here :)

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Gummy Ting said:

That's true too.. Her article is not exactly wrong. However this reporter has written at least 6 glowing articles on our drama next door and written despite it not doing as well as ours, it enjoys a much higher viewer rating in Singapore on her past article.. So I feel hot too when I read that her very first article related to Moonlight was to  comment on how KYJ being a teen actress has caused some concerns with passionate kissing scenes. 

That is a perceived contextual link....if reading the article alone...it should be taken on its own merits.  It is actually a glowing article, endorsing there is no right and wrong but comfort level of the people involved is key to its delivery but unfortunately the sentiments of the other 6 glowing articles is blurring its glow.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Jillia said:

WARNING: LONG POST

Did you believe this would be shorter? Well I thought it would... guess what it's not. :D Here me thoughts on Ra On in episodes 8 to 12. I hope you enjoy! 

Additional thoughts on Ra On

Reveal hidden contents

In episode 8 we witness the aftermath of Lee Yeong's confession and the kiss. We see a very smitten Ra On who for the first time shows a little anger when Byung Yeon merely asks her if something is wrong with her.

vlcsnap-2016-09-30-21h58m17s13.png

But she quickly calms down to ask Byung Yeon whether Lee Yeong has ever liked a woman. She clearly wants to find out if Lee Yeong is gay or not. At this point I almost forgot that she still believes that Lee Yeong and Byung Yeon could be more than friends since she also thought that Master Jung is gay and in love with Lee Yeong.

And Byung Yeong pretty much confirms for Ra On that Lee Yeong is gay and that's why he is in love with her.

That's why she ends up in a lot of distress because of Lee Yeong's action over the cause of the episode. For example when they sit on the grass and he tells her has fallen for her very manly hands, eyes, nose and lips.

We get a wonderful scene with Yoon Sung and it shows Ra On's honesty because she gives him her final answer whether she will leave the palace and live as a woman. She declines by saying that she wants to stay a little longer. To me it was never really clear when this scene takes place but it must be inbetween the kissing scene and the scene in the library when she brings Lee Yeong the books.

And then she says something interesting:

It's strange, isn't it? I have thought it over and over, but it's the same. I want to stay a little longer.“

In Korean she says 같은 마음이 입니다 / the heart is the same. I thought this is a rather beautiful way to say it because it's almost like she couldn't change her heart aka her feelings and leave the palace. It's also a way of foreshadowing what she is going to do in the future.

She also didn't take Yoon Sung's offer lightly. She actually considered it. But in the end her heart won.

Overall the episode seemed to be all about Ra On's heart. As I mentioned before she is put through a lot of feelings in this episode because of Lee Yeong. And she mentions to him that he doesn't know everything about her. And then she says:

Do not be so good to me. I keep wanting to lean on you.“

She is going through many conflicts again. She knows their love cannot be no matter what, she is a eunuch and he is the Crown Prince but she also believes that he is actually in love with a guy in addition to that.

So her heart must be in turmoil because she doesn't know WHO Lee Yeong likes. But at the same time she likes him a lot as well and is worried that it can't be.

But another interesting scene is with Ha Yeon who asks Ra On for advice in regards of Lee Yeong. Ra On though is seeing right away that Ha Yeon doesn't need any help:

You can relay your feelings just as you are. I envy you. […] You see, sincerity is very powerful.“

And I believe at this point Ra On actually envies Ha Yeon because she is not only able to dress and live as a lady but can also confess her feelings without worrying much. Meanwhile Ra On is restrained from doing so by her disguise as a man and her occupation as a eunuch.

In the scene with Lee Yeong Ra On is teasing him very lightly and for the first time again since their kiss. But then she tells him right away that she believes he will do well (as regent).

And she offers some of her wisdom after the disaster with the ministers:

If it's someone I must fight, I must fight with all my might. If that still doesn't work, I should go with the flow.“

It's pretty much what Ra On has been doing most of her life. She fought for the right to dress as a girl but lost to her mother and since then has been going with the flow.

But as soon as we and Ra On feel comfortable again Ra On is witnessing Lee Yeong meeting with Ha Yeon and this leads to her starting to be aware of the beautiful noble lady and herself who is disguised as a man.

It's also interesting to see a fallout of her giving advice to Ha Yeon without knowing a little bit more about the man. Would she have help Ha Yeon if she had known it's the Crown Prince she fancies?

Of course she makes assumptions based on what she is seeing and then we yet again see sincere Ra On in the library when she asks Lee Yeong right away if he ever fancied a maiden. And when he replies with yes and that it's a woman who is very beautiful she of course only thinks of Ha Yeon.

And then Ra On does something I love her for and that makes her standout as a female lead in Korean dramas: she confronts Lee Yeong right away, asking him why he treats her the way he does when it puts her through so much happiness but also anxiety and pain. It's such a raw moment for Ra On who barely is so open about her feelings and thoughts – at least when it comes to her own feelings.

vlcsnap-2016-09-30-22h49m17s12.png

Ra On: „I may be a eunuch serving you, but my heart does not belong to you as well.“

This is a strong a statement and defines Ra On's character even more. Just because she is a servant (essentially palace servants belong to the royal family) it doesn't mean Lee Yeong can treat every part of her like she is a servant. Meaning she is still a human being with feelings. Even though as a eunuch she isn't allowed to ask Lee Yeong why he is treating her the way he does, it doesn't mean she isn't a human being with a heart that can't be hurt by those actions. I love her for telling Lee Yeong so and walking away afterwards.

This conflict is of course quickly resolved with Lee Yeong making clear he knows her true gender and that she is the beautiful woman he loves.

Although in episode 9 while Ra On is deeply touched by Lee Yeong's confession she takes a step back and is trying to be reasonable. Yes she is a woman but she has never lived as one. When Lee Yeong tells her she can live as one now – which puts him in the position of the naive man in love – it seems like she rejects him when she tells him she can't. But I simply believe while she wants to follow her heart she also knows that what he wants for them isn't possible. Also the belief that she MUST live as a man is deeply imbedded in her because of her mother. Something that seems to be easy to Lee Yeong – also because as a Crown Prince he believes many things are very simple – isn't so easy for her.

She tries to avoid Lee Yeong and even want to be transferred to another part in the palace as a form of punishment. She is very aware of the fact that if people in the palace find out that the Crown Prince knows she deceived the palace it will cause him problems as well. She was able to serve him as a eunuch because she felt useful and now she can't anymore because Lee Yeong knows everything.

She is also very honest in regards of her feelings for him. Because he knows everything she can't act the same around him like she did when she thought he thought she was a guy. It puts her in a situation she has never been in before. It's easier to be a guy when the guys don't know she is a girl.

She also believes that somebody is lowly as her can't stay by Lee Yeong's side.

We almost see the feminine side of her but that doesn't turn her into a weak character. But she is definitely insecure and I blame her mother for it. While she had most likely good intentions, in the flashback we see Ra On demanding to know how long she has to live as a boy and why she got to do so. She doesn't get an answer and this leaves her in a state of confusion. And that's something she mentions to the Little Princess as well.

Ra On: „I am trapped as well.“

This is important because she acknowledges her current state – may it be her disguise or that she lives in the palace – as a trap. And she is scared to be found out by somebody else. It's a lovely moment between her and the Little Princess because again we see Ra On sharing her emotions, something she rarely does.

And then she wonders:

When will we be able to open the door ourselves and walk out?“

So she wishes to live as a girl and stop hiding her true identity but she feels like she can't do it. She is trapped in this position and doesn't know how to get out. It's a moment of sad realization for me to see that the true Ra On is so very sad and lonely.

This scene is followed by her asking Lee Yeong to let her leave the palace because she can't serve him properly as a eunuch anymore.

Some might say this is noble idiocy but I understand her sentiment. And later Lee Yeong does so as well. Yet he asks her to stay by his side.

And we know what scene followed afterwards. ;) 

In episode 10 we get glimpses here and there of Ra On taking care of Lee Yeong but more in feminine way than a eunuch kind of way when she tells him to lie down and rest and offering him to tell him a story until he falls asleep.

And while we get mostly couple scenes between Ra On and Lee Yeong we finally see the Ra On again we all love: the one who is teasing and fighting a little bit with Lee Yeong. For which she receives a „terrible“ punishment.

This lasts until Ra On receives the news of Lee Yeong's upcoming wedding. She leaves the palace grounds to cry alone but immediately smiles as soon as Yoon Sung joins her. As we know she has always been like that: not only hiding her gender but also hiding when something hurts her. She is always covering things up with a smile.

vlcsnap-2016-10-01-00h16m12s72.png

Only as he leaves her mask cracks and she is crying again.

And even when Lee Yeong tells her the exact thing: that she always pretends to be alright when she actually isn't, she says it can't be helped.

She is much stronger than some of us give her credit for. Some might think smiling and saying nothing when hurting is weak but it's the exact opposite. It takes courage to hide the true feelings for the sake of others, not to worry them and so on.

In episode 11 and 12 we see more of Ra On and her family. I felt a utter relief to see that she isn't completely alone. The moment she met her grandfather it was like a something heavy was lifted off my chest. There is so much love between them I almost wanted Ra On to leave the palace to be with Dasan.

vlcsnap-2016-10-01-00h30m14s46.png

And same goes for the moment she finally meets her mother again. Family was always something so important to Ra On. To meet her mother again was so important to her. So to see this finally happen was a sight I'll never forget.

But after the lightness of episode 11 it also shows Ra On who is mature in regards of her relationship with Lee Yeong. She tells him not to reject the wedding any longer which leads to them temporarily parting ways, walking into different directions and leaving a distressed Ra On behind. Again there are two Ra On – the one who pretends to be strong and the one who is breaking inside because of it.

vlcsnap-2016-10-01-00h37m52s19.png

And as if this isn't enough episode 12 marks two pivotal moments for her character: for the first time she tells Lee Yeong what she wants for herself, and that's happiness and to never let him go but also she gets to know she is the daughter of rebel Hong Gyeong-nae.

To put these two moments one after the other is very cruel by PD-nim and writer-nim as they give us what we always wanted: for Ra On to show her feelings for Lee Yeong. But then they give Ra On the truth about her father and this brings back the turmoil and confusion. You might think she finally found happiness in being with Lee Yeong but now this little information changes everything and only the future episodes will show what this does to her.

But the ending of episode 12 shows smiling Ra On again, the pain is inside.

vlcsnap-2016-10-01-01h01m58s87.png

You probably noticed I left out most of the couple scenes but I'm writing on my post for Ra On and Lee Yeong and it would feel so confusing to write about something which is mostly related to YeongOn. :D

Thoughts on characters 1: The weak, mad and sad king

Thoughts on characters 2: Lee Yeong

Thoughts on characters 3: Hong Ra On

Next Up: Ra On and Lee Yeong

Dear Ms. screen writter,  

About your thoughts on RO because no words can represent it so I'll give you this thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif thyayqo0_zpsrysybxlu.gif 

Actually I also want to give you my toe but that will be impolite.

Quote from your post :

"Because he knows everything she can't act the same around him like she did when she thought he thought she was a guy"

Reading those sentence suddenly remind me some sentence from my friend post 

InShot_20161001_224139_zpsvffioukf.jpg

Life can be so complicated when we describe it to sentence :lol:

• Like 11

@MaknaeC. Indeed, It really is nitpicking or more likely being short sighted that is. I feel assured this only means Yoo Jung is doing many things just right. As I have read many discussion on Bo Gum's acting since IRY this is all so familiar to me.

Off topic

Spoiler

In I Remember You , Bo Gum was  supporting character  but it just happened to be he was most critical piece of puzzle. And he played his part to the perfection so was praised by many , then it started heated debate on whether or not he was scene stellar.

In Reply 1988, sigh...Bo Gum nailed every aspect of it, family, character growth, professionalism and romance. However again for  some  he lacked charisma and screen presence to be lead. 

Before MDBC started most of us know that Bo Gum was underestimated by many for his lack of experience as leading man, in sageuk genre etc. Now I'm readily waiting for whatever criticism will come our way after this.  

• Like 21

54 minutes ago, JinyoungFox said:

this one is yoonsung cut

The discussion was on what position in the court is Jinyoung's character, Yoonseong, holding onto since he is always so busy running off to work. 

Yoonseong is believed to be a Jeongrang (정랑), a senior fifth rank Minister leading the Minister of Rites. In modern day term, it would be something like Ministry of Foreigns and Education. The person also added that to get to that rank, Yoonseong has to be very clever and studied alot.

cr. deullerr@ig

Omo....spazzing mode ON!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mujay said:

@yaisahj,..oh dear where has you been....:astonished: you did so good with your review....wow..Moonlight  is steamy today....many articel quite satire sometime misslead the contex.

MDBC director found a treasure when they casting both PBG & KYJ. i can imagine this drama without them.their cheimistry burnnig the viewers brains.lol.

@yuuinokokoro, thank for tango dance betwen Yong on couple, the tension betwen them more sizzling saw that video...the editing is daebak.

Thank you so much. (*⌒∇⌒*)

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@febz  Tried chingu dear...on the mobile phone...simply impossible to get that tag out...so I had to settle it on the PC.  Oh....yes chrome, I will try that. thanks! :)

I thought someone said your quiz result was Dasan?   and intellect is thinking power...not IT skills.

This is why you are a seonsaeng-nim. Even your alibi feel so sweet when you refused to lecturing me.

PS: I'm reducing my sacks of rice for you:mellow:

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Hahaha... thank you so much, @febz! :wub: Believe I thought this sentence over and over again... My English has limitations. :phew::lol::wub:

Wrote that amazingly and yet you say your English has limitations??:blink:

I can't imagine when you're unlimited. Pulitzer perhaps?? When that time comes don't forget to treat us ok?;)

• Like 10

It is such a sad moment to decide on fulfilling a dream of your loved one while you'll know the consequence of losing her is just as bad.  Yet the only thing you wish is she remembers her promise and won't let you losing her. 

• Like 15

I am so waaaaayyyyyy behind technology. I tried to make my virgin attempt at posting a pic of Prince Charming. Uploaded it to tinypic and tried for the last hour to insert the pic here.

The pic appeared in the box yet the pic did not appear after i hit submit reply.

Failed at uploading pic but somehow could change my username from mei lee to mepuppy. I am the champion... at doing what i did not intend to do!:angry:

• Like 13