[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Hello mdbc chingus!!

Wah... You all so bad! Never give chance and slow down for this ahjumma.Only less than 8 hrs and I have to read more than 10 pages! 

Please accept my application to be member of YFC! Heck! Just sign me up for any fan club from mdbc! Evil queen, eunuch jung or even the timid king!:wub:

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

@jellybing2009 Both HCY's Wikipedia entry (updated by an awesome fan in very timely fashion) and Korean Wiki for MDBC have listed HCY's OST title as this: 

"Because I miss you"  Lee Yeong Ver. (그리워 그리워서: 이영 Ver.)https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/구르미_그린_달빛_(드라마)

@cynkdf ,  i know Beige already sing a wonderful song for this" Because i miss you " i don't know why they want to have another same song for a male version .

I hope everyone would also accept HCY's version of the same song .

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, Mei Lee said:

Hello mdbc chingus!!

Wah... You all so bad! Never give chance and slow down for this ahjumma.Only less than 8 hrs and I have to read more than 10 pages! 

Please accept my application to be member of YFC! Heck! Just sign me up for any fan club from mdbc! Evil queen, eunuch jung or even the timid king!:wub:

Your request has been updated on Page 712.

@febz  I figured out the reason why you could have been misquoted.  When I was trying to reply Mei Lee....the previous quote box I had was stubbornly stuck in the background and it was so hard to remove it.  I think the editor sometimes has PMS...mood swings and refused to work properly.... kekeke..

• Like 14

Kyaaa!!!!! Lee Juck will sing an OST?! Kyaaaaa!!!!! 

I love him I love him <3

But yeah, like every other moonlighters here who is waiting for HCY ost, How come there is no news yet about it?!! Hahahahaha I believe the music pd-nim has plans and let's just patiently wait for it. 

Anyways, can't wait to hear an ost from both men. 

• Like 21

16 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

@jellybing2009 Both HCY's Wikipedia entry (updated by an awesome fan in very timely fashion) and Korean Wiki for MDBC have listed HCY's OST title as this: 

"Because I miss you"  Lee Yeong Ver. (그리워 그리워서: 이영 Ver.)

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/구르미_그린_달빛_(드라마)

Must admit my hair has grown so much whiter with the wait for HCY's OST, and in addition,  to use a Cantonese expression, we HCY fans have been waiting until our necks are long. Let's hope we finally get to hear his OST sometime next week.

@cynkdf not only do our necks grow long waiting for the MDBC OST, we also wait for its previews, each episode, twitter/insta/fb updates, any news that we can get our hands on, for me I look forward to reading all the Moonlighters' post everyday, on days when everyone is busy and news is dry, my neck grows extra long :D

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

Also I think I have to defend Baek Ji Young's song... I can't believe nobody understands the meaning of the lyrics in the context of the scene. So here you go:

Between the storm clouds in the gray sky
When the spilling rain falls on my cheek
The tears I held back burst out
It’s over now, now

Love is over
Love is over
Love is over
I hit my heart
Even if my heart is bruised
It’s over

No words can comfort me
My heart is getting ruined
I’m just standing here
When can I let you go?
This foolish waiting
I’m sick of it

Love is over
Love is over
Love is over
I hit my heart
It’s over

On this lonely road that gets darker and darker
There is a long shadow, with nowhere to go

Love is over
Love is over
Love is over
I hit my heart
It’s over

Source

The last scene in episode 12 was the perfect scene for this song to be introduced because this song told us what Ra On was feeling while she was bravely smiling at Lee Yeong, with tears in her eyes.

With the knowledge of her being the daughter of Hong Gyeong-nae she knows her and Lee Yeong's love has no chance and holds no future. She is devastated, yet she returned to Lee Yeong, smiling. But the song tells the story of her broken heart... Even though her love isn't over - in reality to her it feels like it's over. This song combines her sadness and anger....

So please give this song a LOT of love because it's perfection!

True true! I believe this song does not literally mean that Yeong and Raon love is over, but instead it's RN's mind thinking that it must be over for them because this love is forbidden, after knowing she's the daughter of the rebel leader, she definitely thinks that she and Yeong can't be together, even her mom confirms that. 

• Like 22

@jellybing2009 my guess is that HCY's song will be different from Beige's song, just that the title is the same.  @bonuibonui you asked a good question - how come there is no news about it? Any news, even a line or two, would have been most welcome, right?  I believe HCY's case of having to record his OST so far in advance of it being aired  is because of his hectic schedule.  

Spoiler

An extreme example of his crazy schedule - hopefully this will not happen again - 17 September within the space of less than 24 hours, he flew  from Xinjiang (China) to Beijing to Seoul and upon arrival in Seoul, he simply changed his luggage & clothes, then caught the flight to East Timor ... at the beginning of this clip, you can see his manager and him   running from the domestic terminal to the international terminal so that they don't miss their flight.

@iheartyoojung LOL I foresee many of us Moonlighters ending up like giraffes by the time the drama ends.

• Like 14

37 minutes ago, bonuibonui said:

Let's volunteer together! I don't care if they don't pay me a talent fee, to act as Kim hyung's lover is more than enough for me. WahahHHHh

ok chingu let's do it!:D how do we divide his time though?:huh: i get to act as his lover mon-wed, you on thurs-sat then will leave sun for him to choose?~keke dammit I'm getting crazy and it's MDBC's fault!lmao

seriously though, thumbs up for the team's great casting. I can't really pick a bias to be honest. everyone has their own lovable trait that I adore. I can't simply ignore one for the other, it's gotta be them - all!:D tsk tsk greedy eh?:D

• Like 12

10 hours ago, inlovewithmdbc said:

@jbying7

Brownie points to your other half for making the effort LOL. The lyrics of the song certainly don't bode well for our OTP and am I the only one to think a song with English lyrics (lovely as it is) seem a little strange for a period drama? I believe Ra On will try to hold on to LY as she had promised so I don't know how the song will fit in with the plot. Perhaps a temporary separation so that both can be safe.

No you are not the only one:)  My number 1 OST remains the one sang by Gummy. It fitted into those scenes played with it so well.

• Like 21

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I've retranslated the comments for you along with a couple of clarifications. Cute exchanges.

The 2 comments on you_r_love's video:

@kwakdongyeon0: Pretty. Pretty

foxstar_jw: Want to see you. (This phrase is commonly used to mean "Miss you")

you_r_love left a comment on @kwakdongyeon0's photo: I almost don't know you. (It means that she almost doesn't recognize them. The other original translation of "I don't know at all" is technically okay in terms of translating each word, but the meaning is clear that she's teasing them for looking so different, probably then when they were filming.)

foxstar_jw: Both of you have something on your face...handsomeness. 

Thanks so much for the translation:) Much appreciated it.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Mei Lee said:

@iheartyoojung your post really cracks me up... :D

Even the number of assassins is being scrutinised! Nothing can escape our mdbc chingus' eagle eyes!

@Mei Lee I was very gripped by this scene as I watched Raon being held as hostage then I started to count how many assassins CP has to fight off to keep her safe when I realized the numbers dont match what the minions were worried about, it happens when you are so obsessed with MDBC that you can watch it many many times hahaha

• Like 14