[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Happy Birthday Yoo Jung! Wishing you great health, happiness, and success! I hope you received a lot of love!

Speaking of wishes, I often see the scenes of the lantern festival from the drama. Looking back on that, it was very selfless of LY to wish for RO's wish to come true. Even though he's CP, he already has the heart of a king. Much like PBG in real life, he puts others before himself.

We've come a long way since those puppy days. It's been a butterfly moment since RO showed herself as a lady to LY. I think our main leads are so good at conveying emotions vocally and physically. They do it so naturally.

Episode 9 was filled with apprehension mostly from RO's end. A lot of it was to build up trust in herself. The sign language scene was moving. I liked how they mirrored eachother. It was well done and again hands are focused on. With the little princess's help, it pushed her to make a decision. She followed her heart.

While episode 10 had some twists and so much was revealed, it was also great in that it was finally where LY and RO are together, more secure of their feelings for each other. I thought the title was fitting especially when she watched him sleep. The music and the lighting made it seem very fairy tale like. It had me thinking that was when RO started to fall more for LY.

It's interesting that episode 9 was more sad, but episode 10 made me really feel for RO. In the scene when he asks her why she pretends to be alright, I could sense more of RO trying to be strong about the wedding news even though she was hurt. I wanted them to hug here. lol But it really was a great scene for both of them. They really nailed it with their expressions and voices. I'm curious what he planned to do the next day. Were they going to lie or run off together?

By the way, I think they're ahead of the airing of the episodes by a little over a week. They're definitely busy filming so they can stay on top of schedule.

• Like 19

@Bambiina  

Chingu ahhh...when I see a long post from you ...I know we are in troublerolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

Thumbs up to you for taking courage to write your thoughts!!!!

i 100% agree with what you said (see bottom, the extract of your post) ...it's definitely about time BY;s character is being fleshed out. I was wondering why i kept posting BY's pic after ep10. Yes, indeed it's about time. I find ep10 as an important episode to pave way for the remaining eps. It's the episode to build the crucial part of the remaining episode...we have quite a number of "reveals" like Queen carrying a girl and was a gisaeng, the princess's encounter with PM Kim, BY's family, head eunuch as the head of rebel and so on. And so the pace is just right!!! And I am definitely following the flow.

"The pace is just right (for those that are crazy of CP and RO screen time together), and it’s about time BY character is being fleshed out … PD managed to keep MDBC rating at 19% with just the story of CP and RO only, however they need to progress to second level of the story, this is why we see all the twist coming in – Gisaeng, Head Eunuch, BY – Background, it’s-not-a-boy- (Queen unborn child)  

They have 8 episodes to work on it .. and this is the crucial part to see if rating continue to soar or to deteriorate (most of time when the relationship being established – that’s when we start seeing the word ‘boring’ popping up and rating deteriorate - when there's less OTP interaction)."  applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991  

Yes, I was literally clapping my hands until you mentioned -

".... .. where they cover the story not just the neighbor but the whole neighborhood including the milkman and the maids and their pet (if there’s a pet in the drama) .. every character shall be fully fleshed out leaving the screen time for  main characters only a few minutes for each episode."

And here is my reaction..  rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, moodypie said:

@Bambiina  

Chingu ahhh...when I see a long post from you ...I know we are in trouble.  rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

Thumbs up to you for taking courage to write your thoughts!!!!

i 100% agree with what you said (see bottom, the extract of your post) ...it's definitely about time BY;s character is being fleshed out. I was wondering why i kept posting BY's pic after ep10. Yes, indeed it's about time. I find ep10 as an important episode to pave way for the remaining eps. It's the episode to build the crucial part of the remaining episode...we have quite a number of "reveals" like Queen carrying a girl and was a gisaeng, the princess's encounter with PM Kim, BY's family, head eunuch as the head of rebel and so on. And so the pace is just right!!! And I am definitely following the flow.

"The pace is just right (for those that are crazy of CP and RO screen time together), and it’s about time BY character is being fleshed out … PD managed to keep MDBC rating at 19% with just the story of CP and RO only, however they need to progress to second level of the story, this is why we see all the twist coming in – Gisaeng, Head Eunuch, BY – Background, it’s-not-a-boy- (Queen unborn child)  

They have 8 episodes to work on it .. and this is the crucial part to see if rating continue to soar or to deteriorate (most of time when the relationship being established – that’s when we start seeing the word ‘boring’ popping up and rating deteriorate - when there's less OTP interaction)."  applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991  

Yes, I was literally clapping my hands until you mentioned -

.... .. where they cover the story not just the neighbor but the whole neighborhood including the milkman and the maids and their pet (if there’s a pet in the drama) .. every character shall be fully fleshed out leaving the screen time for  main characters only a few minutes for each episode.

And here is my reaction..  rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

So trueee...

It will be my reaction too..rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

• Like 7

1 hour ago, fanofr said:

I'm going to say something very unpopular!  I kinda like the future wife.  And I feel sorry for her - what a sad future she's going to have.

Strictly speaking, HY is just a girl smitten by love because CP is just so irresistable, drop-dead gorgeous....what to do?

Spoiler

Whether in the novel(which I fast forward and zoom to the wedding part in Book 4 ) or the drama, she said the same thing.  She would marry CP regardless if he loved her or not...as long as the marriage and her family ties could help the CP garner more political power.  Everyone, including CP warned her that the marriage would just be a transaction but she was fine going into it with her eyes open.   However, the warning here is....she has no clue when she made this decision that CP has such a DEEP LOVE in his life.... so I think this part will shock her....as she probably thinks that she can impress CP in the long run.....she is probably right if CP has NO Ra-On in his life..   So actually my sentiments is still.....sympathise with her for her confidence in herself and potentially going to broken inside her by the news of Ra-On's love with CP....  I am not sure if that day would come SOON in the drama....I need to read on...  As per the novel, she went ahead with the wedding without knowing yet.....  

• Like 16

@Jillia Finally...... I finished reading your beautiful writing about Lee Young. You managed to put out your thoughts in writing very well. It's very clear and organised! If it was me, i would take months to write something like that. Plus you picked out the perfect pictures to go with it. I love your insights on "Tree with deep roots". I never would have thought the tree has any meaning in that scene. So thanks for this eye opener. I will remember this for as long as i watch kdrama. It has a very deep meaning.....a meaning that fits the two character Lee young and YS. I see YS as a good character and I believe he will be CP's ally too. I feel for YS. It is quite unfortunate for him to be born into the Kim clan. It does feel like he's been trapped in a cage..with no freedom too. We see everyone's (characters) having their own struggles, which we could relate in real life too. I also notice whenever both of them interacts, CP's reaction has an element of anger. We will find out soon, what exactly cause the turmoil in their friendship. Is there anything more or is it merely because YS is a Kim and the grandson of PM Kim.

vlcsnap-2016-09-16-01h00m46s10.png

also an extract from your post..

"Yet we get a wonderful shot of them walking to different directions but there is this big tree between them. A tree is always an interesting motif – in k-dramas as well. There is for example„A Tree With Deep Roots“ which is a sageuk thriller surrounding King Sejong and the invention of Hangeul. The title of the book and drama originated from the old poem called 용비어천가 / Yongbieocheonga which tells the story of a tree with deep roots and this tree doesn't sway no matter how strong the wind is.

So the tree between Lee Yeong and Yoon Sung might look like it seperates them but it's actually a tree with deep roots as well. So their friendship – even though not existent at the moment – can't be swayed by political problems and the Kim clan standing between them." - cr Jillia

love your thoughts on this chingu!!!!

• Like 22

hi chingu.. I am very happy with your update in this thread..  I love this drama and enjoy every moment in the drama. I just want to share my thought about ep 10... wooww.. CP's love trough Ra On very touching and we can feel how deep his first love and how strong the love. he want to find a way to resolve their love burden.. I think Jung Yak-Yong's solution is he will adopt Ra On to be his daughter and with this way CP and Ra On can fall in love in easy way and of course he can propose Ra on to become Queen. but.. we don"t know if CP will continue their plan if he know Ra On his daughter's enemy.. We will know how strong their love to obtain the second obstacle in their love .. and.. the west love story continue to part II. romeo and juliete story will coming soon.

• Like 11

Regarding this pace thingy of the drama...I think it is very subjective.  Everyone looks for different things in a drama so the expectation of what one wants to see in the drama will land one on the pace issue.

Personally I look for entertainment value in each episode.  As of now, I am FULLY entertained in every episode I have watched, so the pace is right for me.  

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

My turn to wish our dear Ra-On-ah...for turning 17 today and hope that she will bring us many more years of dramas to come and become a veteran actress of high achievement at a young age.

Shall we call her Raona from now on? :D:D:D

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Regarding this pace thingy of the drama...I think it is very subjective.  Everyone looks for different things in a drama so the expectation of what one wants to see in the drama will land one on the pace issue.

Personally I look for entertainment value in each episode.  As of now, I am FULLY entertained in every episode I have watched, so the pace is right for me.  

Hear, hear! I completely share your sentiments in here @lovehbhjw2013:thumbsup:

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Can do...but must call at least twice....to mimic CP's longing for her... LOL :lol: 

RaONaa.......RaONaaaaaaaaaaaa.........:D:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, missjjang said:

So trueee...

It will be my reaction too..rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

glad you shared the same reaction!! hehe

• Like 14

48 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

If accordingly to the plann 18 ep then we still have 8 ep to come.There's still many issue to be settle, CP marriage (still hope it won't happen though :P), RO family background, the mistery behind former Queen death, final war with premier Kim, twins creation scene (KYJ not a minor anymore since today:w00t:). So far I'm also satisfied with the pace. But I think for the next episode it'll be more tense except there's a possibility for extension episode.

• Like 19

Spoiler
1 hour ago, bebe1989 said:

11516052.jpg

Staff Gurumi update

caption: Happy birthday KYJ. #Moondrawnbyclouds

HAPPY BRITHDAY TO KIM YOO JUNG, LITTLE GIRL WITH BRIGHT EYES ,NATURAL TALENTED ACTRESS. Wishess be succes in carierr and life....

Errrr...where is the preview... why still no preview..???                                                  ..Ra..on.aah..happy brithday my dear girl...

• Like 15

Jeong Hye-seong who play the lovely princess Myeongeun talking about how Park Bo Gum on Moonlight Drawn By Clouds set and really caring for her like older brother to her even though she is 2 years older than him (i guess? from what i can understand on this video with my very limited korean:sweatingbullets:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQ2s5Iccss

cr: KBSEntertain

• Like 14