[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

10 minutes ago, Niki-Forever said:

I am really upset, while I was checking the history, I noticed the crown prince will live only 20 years. So young to die. :bawling:

"Crown Prince Hyomyeong (18 September 1809 - 25 June 1830), born Yi Yeong and posthumously called King Munjo, was a prince of the Joseon Dynasty.

In 1817, the prince was admitted to the Sungkyunkwan. In 1819, he was titled Crown Prince of Joseon. A genius in literature and the arts, the prince is known to have pursued various political reforms and created several court dances (정재) and used court ritual and the arts to validate and augment the King's control over the government which the maternal relatives of the King had meddled in over the past 27 years.

He served as Regent in 1827 until his death 3 years later atage 20.

me too ... really2 upset. he died so early. don't  know he died because of illness or someone killed him.

yes they can't changed the history but please don't filming this drama until he died. i don't want this drama ended with sad ending.

for me, Park Bogum potray as Crown Prince Hyomyeong very2 well. now, he's one of my favourite actor.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, cutekimichan said:

what is LITM?

Love in The Moon (LITM)

also known as Moonlight Drawn By Clouds (MDBC)

same drama, just different title

this drama is based on the web novel "Moonlight Drawn By Clouds" by Yoon Yi Soo

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, heyfen said:

Hello girls :)

Long time no see. I've been busy with life but i'm still following up on Bo Gum and also Love In The Moonlight. 

I ENJOYED THE DRAMA SO MUCH THAT I'M CRAVING FOR MORE :bawling:

The leads, supporting actors, development of the story plot, OST are very well done.

I really love the OST particularly from Sandeul.  Since Gummy, Sung Shi Kyung and a few other unknown singers are also singing for our drama's OST, I'm really excited!  The BGM in Ep 1 and 2 wasn't as good, because i feel that the songs were played at an inappropriate timing. I'm glad that they have rectify it in the re runs and EP 3 BGM is a lot better now! 

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE RATINGS!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

I hope our drama will achieve higher ratings!! And it's just a matter of time that Bo Gum will have to upkeep his ratings promise :P

(Meanwhile, waiting for KBS to release EP 5 teaser on Friday....)

I watched the competitor drama just to see how it was.

And objectively (ignoring the fact that I'm a Bo Gum fan), I still prefer Love In The Moonlight.

I know that things over at the competitor Soompi thread has been rather sensitive because I've been spying on there. 

International fans have been saying that they are not bothered about the ratings in Korea, however I feel that if it didn't do well domestically, how can we expect the overseas viewers to enjoy the drama too?

Meanwhile, I feel that KBS World has been doing a good job to promote the drama to overseas viewers even though there's a lot of marketing ploy going on. In fact, I feel that KBS World has more exposure globally as compared to Youku (China), One TV Asia (Singapore, Malaysia) which has geographical restriction.. 

actually it's can happen too. Korean viewer not really like some of the dramas, but out of Korea, international fans like it

for example. You're Beautiful drama. In Korea, not really hits, the rating just around 9%-10%. but that drama very2 hots & atrracted lots of international fans to follow that drama. the OST album sold out!!!

same with Running Man. the rating in Korea little low but mostly international fans love RM very2 much. 

different taste right???? we

• Like 7

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a disclaimer at the beginning that this was not historically based.  So even though the writer used the real Prince Young for the basis of the story, it doesn't mean they will follow history.  

So really the reason we didn't get a preview because the overload of CFs?!  I thought it was because they were behind in filming.

• Like 16

Finally watched EP4 with Subs. Love it. 

The first scene at the court, I could see the fear in the king's eyes. I can't imagine what he must have gone through. The king also showed the same fear on his Birthday when the PM was reciting those words and the ministers were paying Homage. Poor man must be thinking, "what is my son up to?".

I love the library scene. At first, I thought RN laughing means it will be brushed over but when she came back to her senses, I couldn't help but laugh. 

I liked how the CP apologised to RN for not telling her the truth. Although he has every right not to give an apology, he did. Not because he's the CP but because he values their friendship. Something others are afraid to offer him and that made him higher.and respected in my view. The "tippy-toes" scene is just out right adorable. I giggled a lot. 

Eunuch Jang, he really is amazing,isn't he? He understands the prince. I felt bad for him when RN didn't wanna serve at the CP's quarters. The look on his face as he said," do you have a problem with me?" Oooffff..that touched me. He's funny and though he might be enduring a lot for the prince's sake, he just wants other people not to be scared of the quaters. I hope he doesn't get too jealous seeing RN spending more time with CP. How funny was that hiccup scene with Eunuch Jang thinking its a new signal? I laughed so much. If only he knew who was really doing that. He would freak out.

The last 10minutes of the show is so beautiful. The unspoken words, the eye acting. Beautiful... Beautiful... Bravo Kim Yoojung and Park Bogum. 

The CP giving the PM to read those rights made me so happy. That was a way for the CP to give his "middle finger",to the opposers, saying,"I rule". 

Jinyoung was awesome too. I wanted the CP to find RN but I was glad he was there to Protect and keep her secret. 

Kat-Byung, can't wait for your backstory.

My worries:

Who's side is that Eunuch(who saw Raon change), on?

What will the Ministers do next?

This show might be cliché in a lot of ways but what makes it work is the Cast and crew's efforts. I am ready for whatever will be thrown at us. And to that I say, "BRING IT ON MDBC/LITM. :)

• Like 22

'So many familiar posters! Hello @nonski, @valsava, @NRGchick! Hello all! Honestly I'm not much into sagueks but if a period piece is done well, the story is fresh and the ensemble of actors are awesome, count me in.

I've liked PBG since Nodame, I've been following his works since then and it's actually the reason why I'm watching MDBTC or LITM, heh. I've read comments raving about his facial expressions, how good he is and how he's winning people over. I haven't really paid much attention to his "facial acting" but after reading those comments I paid attention lol. Man, he's good. What's great is that he doesn't overdo it, he tempers his reactions so that even the slightest eyebrow twitch conveys his message. He's really one of the best in his generation. 

KYJ is likewise awesome. Actually, on hindsight she pretty much matches Bo Gum in the acting department. I've seen her previous works as a kid and I think she stands out. I love her here because she's believable as a young boy. 

I hope HRO's true identity wouldn't be revealed yet, I'm enjoying her interactions with LY as eunuch HSR. It'll be great to see her put one over the CP and show him how awesome she is as a bard. So not just yet. I also hope to see the CP put one over his evil stepmother and the diabolical Premiere. I'd like to see him thwart their every move with the help of his merry band of misfits - pretty boy KYS and the mysterious KDY who has awesome ninja moves. Err...does the CP also have ninja moves? Lol. 

• Like 20

34 minutes ago, Niki-Forever said:

I am really upset, while I was checking the history, I noticed the crown prince will live only 20 years. So young to die. :bawling:

"Crown Prince Hyomyeong (18 September 1809 - 25 June 1830), born Yi Yeong and posthumously called King Munjo, was a prince of the Joseon Dynasty.

In 1817, the prince was admitted to the Sungkyunkwan. In 1819, he was titled Crown Prince of Joseon. A genius in literature and the arts, the prince is known to have pursued various political reforms and created several court dances (정재) and used court ritual and the arts to validate and augment the King's control over the government which the maternal relatives of the King had meddled in over the past 27 years.

He served as Regent in 1827 until his death 3 years later atage 20.

This fact made me down:bawling:, hard to believed he died in such young age..SO this sweet drama will end with sad ending...:cry:...perhaps his short live full of sweetness with HRO then,.i don"t want love triangle anymore ..i just want him for her . The short live whom last forever in someone heart.

• Like 6

I agree that I want the Prince to yearn so strongly for the "mysterious" dancer and confide in RO for a while more before knowing her true identity.:w00t: 

Want to see how RO responds to this and if her heart flutters badly and yet unable to tell him the truth...it would make the feelings more intense.  The art of courtship is the "tormenting" sort....  ok I am not a sadist but it is true that only when two persons yearn so badly for each other in a difficult situation, then they realise that they are truly in love...... :wub: :w00t:    boom...explosion of love...  :P

• Like 12

15 hours ago, honeywell said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a disclaimer at the beginning that this was not historically based.  So even though the writer used the real Prince Young for the basis of the story, it doesn't mean they will follow history.  

So really the reason we didn't get a preview because the overload of CFs?!  I thought it was because they were behind in filming. 

History is still history.We cannot change that .PBG make the character CP so alive make we feel love to their character.So we just accept and follow the direction of this drama.:heart:

Thats why drama based on true story or history  is very hard  from the imagination.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, honeywell said:

because it's live shoot ... it's normal they didn't show a preview for next episode

normally friday to sunday, we can see the preview for next episode!!!

• Like 3

@drmjs Welcome! I began to notice PBG due to Cantabile too. He caught my attention more than Joo Won (heh). Then I back tracked and watched all his movies again (didn't realise he was KHN's brother in Blind) and Coin Locker Girl tore my heart to pieces. 

In this drama, he has just amazed me again. His first sageuk and he has the nuances and demeanor of a CP (slightly spoilt but diabolical. Seems flighty but manipulative) I love the side looks he gives to the court ministers because he KNOWS what is going on. 

For Ra On/Sam Nom - she is just starting to realise that the palace is not as wonderful as it seems. It's a pit full of vipers where the poor CP has to tread carefully. We have seen how helpless the King is and what makes it worse is that he is aware that he is powerless. Ra On can be a good friend and confidante for the CP and as long as her identity is not revealed, she can remain close to him. Once her identity is revealed, it will be harder for the both of them (Imagine the uproar if the palace finds out He (Sam Nom) is a She and she has been attending to the CP. At this point, she can still be a shoulder for him to lean on. THis is why I prefer her identity to be kept secret for a little bit longer. 

As for BY, I think he is loyal to the CP and he did go with the CP to see the sonsaengnim (fighting with the dog). For now, he is the right hand man/bodyguard for the CP. I don't think he will fall for Ra On but he will grow fond of Sam Nom.

YS - I feel he will become more like Jung Il Woo's character in Moon Embraces the Sun. Protective (albeit in love with) Ra On and heartache when he realises who Ra On has fallen for. There will be the temptation (as per METS) where he may be offered the 'woman' if he steps in to rule the country. 

I am wondering about Chae Soo Bin's character - As the CP becomes regent, definitely the proposal of marriage for the CP will come up. It seems like ministers will strategically marry their offspring to royalty to gain a foothold in the palace. However, will she really become the Crown Princess and eventually Queen? And I don't envision a fate for her (ala METS) but how will the CP get out of this fix because I don't see Ra On as a concubine, even if it is a Royal one! 

• Like 15

Yeah I'm curious about Chae Soo Bin's character as well.  I know during that period it was common for the royals to have multiple wives and concubines.  But I don't think I'll like seeing Ra On as a second wife to Prince Young.  I would rather have Prince Young not going through the engagement.

• Like 11

Hello fans of MDBC/LITM - just want to say how much I am enjoying this beautifully acted drama, and how happy I am for Kim Yoo Jung, who I  have a soft spot for (loved her as little Dong Yi) .  Above all, I am eagerly awaiting the release of the OST sung by my fave Hwang Chi Yeul. Since many people in this thread may not have heard of him, I am taking the liberty of putting in spoiler a video of  the five OSTs he has sung - four Korean dramas and one Chinese movie. Hope you enjoy listening to them :)  MDBC/LITM fighting!

Spoiler

Thanks to uploader.

• Like 17

I just watched the episode 4 with english subs (I know, so late) and I am now drowning in a sea of emotions I can't even begin to describe. Ahhhhh, what is this series doing to me?!!!! Now that I have watched the entire episode understanding everything and without any lag, the emotions just kept coming whenever our OTP are together. Stomach butterflies, goosebumps, you name it. And when they just hit you with their longing (and sometimes tear-filled) stares, it cuts deep. It is so overwhelming. It has been so long since I was so affected emotionally by a drama, and I am so grateful to the cast and production crew for this gem. Being a fan of the leads, I so wanted for this to be great, and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

The acting, the directing and the music - everything is perfect. Episode 4 is perfect. 

• Like 24

I just finished watching episode 4 myself! Ahh I love it!! The dance was so good! So elegantly done by yoo jung :wub:! I'm loving the crown prince and him getting one up on premier kim and his minions! Gotta play clever crown prince and so far he's doing just that! 

I hope he doesn't know it's her till like the 13/14th episode it's too early on! When is chae soobins character coming?! Maybe once she'll come it'll jump start the lovestory and the jealousy etc! Haha

Oh and quick question! What is the point in having the sister be fat? Then she's gunna get skinny later on? Taking 4hours or so to get all that fat on her etc is such a lot of effort poor girl. 

• Like 11

Guest MaknaeC

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds CP, Kang Byung Taek Talked about Kim Yoo Jung, Coming Episodes, Ratings

2016083110180109911_1_99_20160831105606.

August 31, Moonlight Drawn by Clouds CP, Kang Byung Taek praises Kim Yoo Jung for her performance, “Kim Yoo Jung’s performance is amazing. She had taken off her previous image and her performance exceeded all expectations. Although it’s still early broadcast of the drama but she had completely taken off her child actor image. She’s amazing. Reactions from people in internal KBS are also good. I heard words like ‘the casting was well done’. She will show a lot of charms in the future too. We’ll unfold why all this time she lives as a man and the love triangle with Yeong and the crown princess who will appear start from episode 5 (September 5th) also will add to the fun. Looking forward to Kim Yoo Jung’s acting that she will show once again throughout this process. It’s not solely fun but you can keep an eye as she will show different acting charms of an actor.

Kang CP-nim about episode 5, “The appearance of Chae Soo Bin will form the new love triangle with Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung. It will be different with the love triangle between Park Bo Gum, Kim Yoo Jung, and Jinyoung."

About getting the highest ratings and the possibility for ratings to exceed 20%, he said, “Firstly, I’m thankful for viewers’ interest. Rather than greedy about the ratings, I hope we’ll be able to provide more good and fun contents to the viewers."

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002551831

-------------------------

Looking forward to it, Kang CP-nim! Let's keep the good quality until the end! ^^

I participate in the live recapping of the drama---one liners...sorry!---but I have to confess that I only finished watching the Eng subbed Episode 4 just now. 

Lee Young

I have always been frustrated by dramas where the protagonist is always outwitted by the villain (Arrrgghhh! Really aggravates me!) and I am so relieved that Lee Young does not fall into this category and is always several steps ahead of his adversaries and is able to outsmart them! (So much like Taek, the baduk genius!) He, unlike his father, has a flair for politics: He is  "astute" and has a clear grasp of the problem. He knows who his father's and his enemies are but does not fight them head-on but as advised by the exiled Master Jeong (Ahn Nae Sang who, in Sungkyunkwan Scandal was the professor who discovered early on that Park Min Young's character, Kim Yoon Shik, was a woman) " You kill them with honey and not with poison!." (Such a powerful lesson in governance!) His unruliness is actually an act of rebellion toward a father whom he thought was spineless and uncaring toward him and a ploy to make the Premier, the Queen, and their minions think that he is a weak, dull boy like his father, the King in order to carry out his plan---my guess that is that he wants to avenge what he believes to be the cruel mysterious death of his Queen Mother. He does not allow the palace rules to straightjacket his life, a trait that he has inherited from his Queen Mother---such a cool Mom, don't you think? He seems to know who to trust and to seek counsel from---why travel to meet with an exiled drunkard who fights with a dog?! if he didn't know the mettle of the man?

To be continued

• Like 18