[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, MaknaeC said:

Woah, the dynamics on this thread has changed a lot it seems lol.

I miss those moments when we discussed so many various things, from history, original novel, cinematography, relationship and character development, palace attire, symbolism, etc. Not only about skinship or OTP that should be happy all the time. I'm craving for happy moments and skinship too to some extent, but for me this beautiful youth sageuk drama is too rich to only talk about that all the time.

Talk about OTP, the pace of OTP's story in this drama is so great until now and it's right up to my alley. Their first meeting was so unique and their feelings toward each other develop step by step and not forced unlike some romance stories. Viewers can feel why they're so fond to each other and root for them because their interactions are so natural. So I believe from now on too, their story will develop more further in both beautiful and heartwarming way. Appearance of new person (Jo Ha Yeon) is also needed and I think it will be such a pleasure to see OTP overcoming the obstacles together because it can make their bond stronger. I prefer a lively dynamic relationship more than the stagnant one lol.

Moreover Kang CP-nim already said that Jo Ha Yeon is such a unique character who will add something more to the fun. So, let's just enjoy the ride. Because so far CP-nim and PD-nim always stay true to their words, we can count on them.

I agree.  There are so many things that can be discussed and learnt from watching this drama.  I also prefer to enjoy the ride and watch how each character develops, faces their challenges and overcomes it.    

I trust the PD-nim as well. 

Right now, I am at the point of deciding whether the CP knows or not about Sam Nom's real identity. 

The CPrincess does not bother me as much because we know the end game. And since PBG and KYJ (bows to them) are experts in emoting using their eyes, we will see a lot of longing looks and we will definitely see the pain and joy of these two characters. The angst - I can feel it already when the marriage takes place and Sam Nom still has to serve the CP (or will she be moved to aid the CPrincess instead) - Somehow I think the CP will make sure Sam Nom stays in the CP pavilion. 

BTW, I love the write up here about the abundance of skinship between our CP and Sam Nom. 

https://mdbcblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/skinship-dating-tips/

12 hours ago, docster6 said:

There is hope for me that the second lead girl won't affect our OTP's love line. During the time the Qing envoy was going through the forest, there was an embeded scene of the Prime Minister fishing with the second lead girl's father. The Prime Minister wanted a marriage between their families to "bolster" their political alliance. That would mean pairing up the Prime Minister's grandson, YS, with the second lead girl. That would be fine with me and they are both good looking and that won't bother me one bit. Hwaitin' I would say. But so far the second lead girl has not met the handsome YS and she has already fallen for the CP. She told her childhood friend, the princess, that she would be hanging around the palace from now on. That means she will go up against her father's wish and chase after CP and make Ra On jealous. But at least it is good that her father wants her to marry YS; YS could become the king any way if CP were to to "die young" in our drama by disappearing from the Royal poop hole. I feel Kim Hyung will soon have feelings for Ra On too when he finds out she is the daughter of the lengendary rebel leader Hong.

I meant to also comment on the same thing...that Premier Kim wanted an alliance with Ha Yeon's father which meant marrying off Ha Yeon with Yoon Sung....Oh, boy! This sure will further thicken the plot because we know that the two have their eyes set on somebody else.

However, if you noted the expression of the Minister as Premier Kim was telling him this...he was not exactly pleased with the idea. May be he has his eyes set on the CP?

6 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

I trust the PD-nim as well. 

BTW, I love the write up here about the abundance of skinship between our CP and Sam Nom. 

https://mdbcblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/skinship-dating-tips/

Sorry to cut your post..  Yeah, i love the write up too.  The writer managed to describe it in details.  The action is so subtle (if it is the correct term) that it looks like it does not happen but it does.  :wub: 

I am so excited of MDBC .... because truthfully I didn't give it much hope... My expectation was low ... My initial thought was - Doesn't matter how it turn out .. as long as I see PBG again and of course KYJ (I think she is the MOST talented child actress in Korea after Moon Geun Young).

When I see it's a rom com - I thought it would just some light drama ... 

I was blew away by the first episode ...

Frankly speaking even without much skinship ... the drama has already made it mark ... Truthfully it will not make much difference with or without it.. 

The dance sequence - Both RO and CP were 'miles' apart ... but OMG .. the chemistry ... the feel ... I was mesmerized .. dumbstruck .. the set .. the costume ...  it emphasize feminism ... sensual feeling .. The cinematography - breathtaking .. While watching that scene - skinship never cross my mind...

What I'm trying to say is that ... the thing we been joking around about kissing, skinship ... merely for fun .. :D ...  the discussion became heated because of the 'binding' issue :D .. 

and hopefully no one take it serious - I mean the petition .. it started out as a joke ... 

The core of this drama is the quality of the cast - esp our OTP .. they are the key to the success of this drama. I've seen drama with superb plot unfortunately most of it went down the drain because of bad casting.

But again without engaging plot line ... and those professional film feel cinematography - MDBC will not be as 'beautiful' as it is ...

I took for granted that the setup won't be as detail since I thought this is a rom-com with lesser budget and what more with new comer (as lead) PBG .. I was sure that Producer won't invest so much on PBG first lead project.

Well .... I am 1000x wrong ...

The set ....the costume (esp. the dance scene) is over the top.. this is not some small scale budget drama - which I tot it would be ... and since the expectation is low .... the result (when it was first aired) give a bigger impact to me. 

Then I know about the director and one of it - is DOTS director - again this blew me (I was an avid fan of DOTS - because of the cinematography and the chemisty) .. I get the same feeling with moon (in dots I love ALL CHARACTER, including the pervert hospital chairman) ... And I am loving every character in MDBC (except of course the antagonist)

58 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

I didn't know that my explanation/opinion of the word "crown princess" and no skinship between CP and JHY = hatred for JHY, hahahaha... aigoo aigoo.. Any shippers of OTP in any drama will always wish for no skinship between the 2nd leads and 1st leads. Some may said that YS has skinship with RO but that is because he isn't 100% sure that RO is a female after the 1st skinship. Its only towards the 2nd encounter that he confirmed she is a female.

I will not post anything from now onwards since if i post my opinion/wish = hatred towards the crown princess. But i will still come here to check rating, translation of previews, fan arts and especially ahpheng8 cstrips, they makes me laugh after a day's work. Will skip reading opinions/posts in case i couldn't control myself and post reply and get branded "hatred towards crown princess",haha..

Bye everyone and enjoy yourself in this thread.. 

aaaw chocolatepie please don't stop discussing here! we all come from different backgrounds and cultures but its fun to learn from one another! ♥

And lol regarding what you said about the no skinship between the 2nd leads and 1st leads.  I can't help but agree LOL i was SOOO ANNOYED at YS when he kept hugging Ra On at every opportunity... I'm like HANDS OFF DUDE! But strangely, with the CP and HY, I really want Ra On to get a little jealous and unhappy over her Lee Yeong chatting up another lady... kekekekekekeke maybe a teeeeeny tiny little skinship hahahaha No?

I am one of those who hope that HY will be so much more, and it only adds on to the quality of the drama overall ♥

While waiting for Monday, I'm reading posts in the Open Theread of Dramabeans...this is the first one.

redfox September 9th, 2016 at 6:02 AM

Hi how are you all?

writing a memo while my ear is tied up with garlic. it was locked the whole day and I am trying to make it better. they also said chew raw onion, cant do that though.

so, I cant hear you…oh, wait, this is a forum

dramas: Moonlight Drawn By Clouds (And Drool Of Swooning Noonas). seriously, I am going to fall sick and wither away cause I just cant take it any more how GOOD their acting is. I am a little exhausted from trying to find words to express it. I want to steal all of Byung Yeons´ costumes, that pleated thing and everyything (although the fabric was totally modern. I am not even bothered by it.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/open-thread-464/

8 hours ago, be99lle said:

I'm thinking it was the maid, but I could be wrong. Because in the lake scene with the princess and RO-before she fell in the water- she mentioned to her about 'having a cold that day' and they showed a previous scene in which the princess riding on the swing and the maid sneezing (it could've been allergies from the flowers...lol..). But it would be cute if it was the princess, would like to see them interact. 

@Niki-Forever, @lightforyou22 At first I agree with @be99lle.  I did response to the same question a few pages before (it has become super fast nowadays) The clue given by RO - the cold --> the Princess realised at that time, she was not having the cold but the maid was.  That's why she got up suddenly!    I believe she did not share that particular information with her maid.  

The wordings on her lantern - that the Princess dropped when she ran away was "I wish I could become as pretty as her" and she is currently on diet. Does that mean that she was confirmed that there was a mistaken identity? That was my first thought.

And then during the lantern festival, they met again (He recognised them but not vice versa).  They wore clothes differently and surely he would recognise which one was the princess?  And if he couldn't differentiate the clothes and really paid attention, the lantern that he picked up was the one that the princess's was holding. So does that mean, she was the one that he had his eyes on?

So here is where I got confused too..:lol: ha ha.  So, got to watch it again...and most probably there are other things that I missed because I was busy reading the sub at that time.

8 hours ago, st4rdust said:

aaaw chocolatepie please don't stop discussing here! we all come from different backgrounds and cultures but its fun to learn from one another! ♥

And lol regarding what you said about the no skinship between the 2nd leads and 1st leads.  I can't help but agree LOL i was SOOO ANNOYED at YS when he kept hugging Ra On at every opportunity... I'm like HANDS OFF DUDE! But strangely, with the CP and HY, I really want Ra On to get a little jealous and unhappy over her Lee Yeong chatting up another lady... kekekekekekeke maybe a teeeeeny tiny little skinship hahahaha No?

I am one of those who hope that HY will be so much more, and it only adds on to the quality of the drama overall ♥

I feel pity for YS. No BrOTP, No OTP, no mane of glory. SS Young-On has already sailed and I am one of the passengers! Hahaha

It can't be helped because Jinyoung is doing a great job in this role. At least he has his devil may care smiles. But those sad sad eyes...

I too hope that HY will be so much more. Because as of last episode, all that is shown is that she used to bully the princess and now she wants to visit her to meet CP.

Most of us are 'veteran' when it come to Kdrama .... basically we can predict the ending, There's only 3 possible ending :

1. Lead end together after going through roller coaster ride, with suoer deep 80 degree plunge to 360 degree circle ride ... not to mention, the crew like twist ride .... and at the end the will end up together happily ever after.

2. Lead end up together but one of them disfigured/disable(blind etc etc) (so I say live half happily ever after)

3. Only death do us part ... hehehhe.. (don't kill me).

We have never seen 1st lead end up with 2nd lead esp Sageuk drama ... CP end up with evil Princess and live happily ever after .. nooooo .. never such thing ... It's the most impossible thing to see in Sageuk Drama ... so don't worry :D .. (those that end up with 2nd lead - the status of the 2nd lead is questionable - could be he was the first lead in the first place - referring to R88 - I am team taeki so - go figure . wahahaha) ..

Frankly speaking - A successful drama must have this roller coaster ride or else it cannot be a good drama.... we have to feel the anguish before rewarded with a 'happy ending' ... We often see those drama with an up and down spike ... turn and twist - will be more entertaining compare to those 'flatline' drama  - drama without 'drama' in it ... (heheh watch We got married show - you get lotsa skinship and no major 'spike' in the 'love' story).

So I say bring it on .... the more drama the better ... but please .. let my CP end with RO at the .. that is all I asked 

Archived