[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Song Joong Ki Talks About “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” And Working With Park Bo Gum At Seoul Drama Awards

Song Joong Ki Talks About “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” And Working With Park Bo Gum At Seoul Drama Awards

Song Joong Ki attended the 2016 Seoul Drama Awards on September 8, where he talked a bit about his “Descendants of the Sun” co-star Song Hye Kyo as well as the currently airing drama “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds.”

(...)

Song Joong Ki expressed his surprise at the sheer level of success of “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds,” which stars his fellow agency actor Park Bo Gum. He said, “I knew ‘Moonlight Drawn By Clouds’ would do well, but I didn’t know that it would do this well. I’m sincerely thankful, and want to thank everyone for loving Bo Gum.”

When asked if we’ll ever be able to see him and Park Bo Gum in the same drama, Song Joong Ki said he sincerely hopes so. “It would be great to play brothers some time, or even two guys that fight over the same girl. Regardless, I would like to work with [Park Bo Gum] in a project.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/08/song-joong-ki-talks-moonlight-drawn-clouds-working-park-bo-gum-seoul-drama-awards/

5 hours ago, IBELIS said:

I like this show and will most likely watch it to the end even if they add the two episode extension. I do have to say the female led was a bad choice, she is the worse cross dresser I've seen in a drama, Everything she does screams I'm a girl. I find it strange because in the beginning she seemed butcher. I find it hard to believe that anyone in the palace would not be thinking girl.

You know what is a eunuch?  A eunuch technically speaking is not a man too,,...they are meant to be neutral-gender and supposed to stay celibate for life, like that of a monk or nun but not by choice.....blame it on the tyrannical ways of an imperial ruling in ancient times where the king typically had too many concubines in the internal palace and it was not safe for the king's women to be served by MEN day and night..  So there were NO MEN serving in the internal palace.. Hence there is a reason why the writer-nim portrays RO as a eunuch and not a palace guard, GWIM?   So RO is entitled to behave like a girl without being suspected.

5 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Wakakaka .. you are right about the slacking part ..... wahahaha ... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... holding hand is not enough...

You see it's the 19th Century ... and 18 is considered VERY MATURED .. it is normal to get married at the age of 16 back then...  if you are not married by 23 you are already a spinster ... Sooooooooooooooo ..  KYJ is 18 and her character lived in the 19th century, she is not a minor (by joseon standard) thus bedscene is compulsory to ensure the message of this drama being delivered properly ...  it is very crucial or else this drama is meaningless :D .. heeeeeeeee ... 

BUAHAHHA!! :w00t:

THIS Is the kind of logic we need over at the writer's table at MDBC right now!

Based on the intense chemistry between the two leads , not having a passionate scene would be cheating all of the fans !!

Anyway KYJ is over 16..that's above the age of consent..so I think the ball is in her court and who better for her first time kiss than the CP of every bodies heart PBG!! .If i were her i'd be all over him like a rash MWAHAHAHA!!

5 hours ago, vana93 said:

and can I ask another thing too? I didn't get why LY came and save RO from chinese ambassador 's room? LY doesn't know RO is girl , so why did he come to save her from ambassador? I thought maybe he heard that ambassador and RO conversation, can be?

I'm also confused about this..but I think he heard what the ambassador said off camera and his suspicions were confirmed.i think this scene will be shown in the coming episodes.

I think CP didn't know at the beginning of episode 6 when he got jealous when Raon visited the gisaeng parlour and when the doc diagnosed him with "sexual frustration " LOL but after that in all the scenes he knew that she was a girl.

5 hours ago, sharsharphee said:

I am usually not for the idea of an extension because the decision is usually made like few episodes before the drama ends. But if they are going to make a decision at an early stage when the full script is not out yet, I am hopeful that the drama will still be good to the end. So far, the scriptwriter is doing total justice to the novel even though the drama is pretty different in its own way. I have no objections to this extension as long as it remains good till the end.

P.S. Can I request that we get more cute and loving scenes of Crown Prince and his mung mung-ie if the extension is confirmed? Pretty please~~~ :blush:

You are indeed sharp sharp..  Extension typically fail if decided too late into the story and can cause the story to trip.  However, if there is enough time, the writer-nim can enhance the story with more perks for us since KYJ birthday is coming soon...:w00t:

Wow, a hundred plus pages for me to recap everything. LOL.

Anyway guys, if any of you would be so kind to do a spoiler of the story for me? This drama is based on web-series of an actual historical figure. I am aware that this is a fusion saeguk and writers are given the creative license to write, but what worries me is since it is based on an actual historical figure (Prince LY), will they actually follow his time of death? Because according to history, he died rather young at the age of 20/21 and in the drama he's currently around 18/19, so we don't have much time to go. 

So, base on the web-series, will we get an alternative fictional ending for the Prince? Can someone spoil it for me? lol. Thanks guys! :sweatingbullets:

@saturn. wow thank you for sharing about the directors. Not sure who made which episode but I do feel like the directing in ep 6 was more solid, even the romance side of it like how they focus on the look the OTP give each other.

Was Baek Sang Hoon the director in DOTS? When you mentioned that the last scene in MDBC now reminds me of that sunset kiss between SJK and SHK. 

Did any1 see how Kim Yoo Jung acted on the horse when Park Bo Gum are holding her hands... 

KYJ looks as she is the little sister which need to be sheltered.. where as PBG holds her hands in possessive manner.. 

Their acting is too real ... so kyopta 

P/s... do we allow for byeonte in here... :phew:

I like that javabeans refers to MDBC as the latest breakout hit and validated what most, if not all of us saw, felt and believed in...our OTP's "fantastic chemistry"!

KBS in talks to extend Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

by javabeans | September 8, 2016 | 71 Comments

gurumi_60.jpg

(Did I just hear a chorus of “Noooooooooo”s when you all read that headline? Followed by gnashing of teeth and angry mouse-clicking?)

Cheerful, youth-driven romance sageuk Moonlight Drawn By Clouds is dramaland’s latest breakout hit, and it’s a show that delights me every episode so I’m thrilled to see it getting a lot of love. So it surprises me not one bit to hear that KBS, its broadcaster, is eager to capitalize on that and extend the series by 2 episodes, although the production seems a lot more wary about proceeding than the station.

What’s rather amusing is the confused jumble of news that spilled out today regarding the potential extension, with KBS kicking things off by announcing that it had been confirmed. The drama’s producers were swift to deny those reports, and released a statement saying that while the good reception gave rise to some extension talk, there have been no concrete or official talks about it amongst the cast, writer, or producers. The show stated that it was not a decision to be made lightly and promised to do their best on the rest of the series, bolstered by the love being sent their way by viewers and fans.

So that’s where we stand currently: Extension talks in the works, but nothing confirmed.

I half-expected an extension to be part of the plan when I saw that Moonlight Drawn By Clouds was slated to be an 18-episode series; we’ve had dramas at that length before, but it does seem like the perfect way to build in the possibility of an extension without committing to one. And then when the show blew up in its second week, jumping from its 8.3% premiere to 16%, and then jumping to 19.3% in its third week, it seemed likelier than ever.

Despite my blanket wariness of extensions, Moonlight is still fairly early into its run, having only aired six episodes, so this is one of the better-case scenarios: At least there’s plenty of time to work in an extension without (knock on wood) dragging the story down with sudden last-minute filler plots and extra scenes. I admit that at this early, giddy, excitement-filled stage, I’m amenable to the idea of seeing more of these adorable kiddos and their fantastic chemistry and hilarious facial expressions. By the time week 10 rolls around, though, I may just wish they’d bowed out earlier, riding a high. But that’s always the trick, isn’t it? Creating an addicting drama isn’t nearly as hard as knowing when to go out strong, it seems.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/kbs-in-talks-to-extend-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds/

I really hope the production team will not agree with KBS re. the extension. I really hate extensions for rom-coms because they have almost always ended up ruining the dramas. 

As much as I love the drama and the whole cast I don't want PBG's and KJY's first drama where they act as leads would be tarnished because of a broadcast station's greed.

We're only 3 weeks in, there's still 6 weeks more to go and there is no guarantee that the popularity the show's enjoying right now will stay the same or rise in the next 6 weeks. I just want our cast and crew to have fun while they're working on this project and not to have to suffer from any pressure, whether to milk more money for the station or to keep up the ratings that they're having now.

Oh I'm so pissed with KBS right now :expressionless:

Annyeong chingu-deul,  I just happened to see the webnovel pic of uri OTP kiss & want to share it with you,  since I can't get it out of my mind,  they had a lot, aaa.. Now that my byuntae mode was on I can't turn it off without expecting uri OTP had that kiss,  & judging from the pics,  it's more likely a very passionate one :w00t: PD-nim, KBS,  could you please granted our wish? Please? :wub:

I am sometimes seeing double when watching this show. It reminds me sooooo much of The Moon That Embraces The Sun, probably also because Yoo Jung is in both shows. I loved TMETS and this show is giving me all the similar feels that I had before. With that said, I'm pretty sure this show can hit 30%. I wouldn't be surprised if it will reach 40/50 mark too..

9 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Subject : Thank You Note

Dear PD,

On behalf of Moonlight Baeyontae Club, I wish to extend my gratitude to you and your team for such amazing drama. You have brightened our Mondays and now we wish everyday would be Monday..

We are also concern of recent issue pertaining to chest binding scene, which was reported may have affected Korean Teen Society and thus prompted a few concern, civic-minded citizens to issue a formal complaint to KCSC.

We are aware of Korean Culture, however we think the complaint is a bit double standard as we have seen more ‘damaging scene’ in the Korea entertainment Industry. The ‘bandage’ worn by KYJ is almost similar to a tube which had been worn by many ‘minor’ girls’ group member on stage while bouncing I mean dancing to the song. The difference is only the color of the bandage worn by KYJ is rather worn out and un-attractive compare to the more colorful tube don by some of the girls’ group member.  

We also would like to assure KSCS committee that we didn’t see any ‘inappropriate’ KYJ body part except for very tiny cleavage which is about 2 mm in length which is barely noticeable unless people really focus on the part. Furthermore her chest was tightly bandaged and we can’t even guess her cup size whether A or B (definitely not C base on the tiny micro cleavage which was about 2 mm in length). So rest assured no harm done and KYJ reputation is still intact if not improved.

We hope this is not some kind of agenda (dirty politic) to bring down the rating or to deter you from shooting a kissing scene. Do take note that we are anticipating kissing sceneS (notice the plural nouns?). We are also anticipating skinship sceneS. We know with KYJ situation this may have been a hindrance to your creativity but we believe with your experience and capability, you will be able to produce an EPIC KISS scene.  

We also prepare a proposal on how to increase the rating from close to 20% to 30%, 50 and finally 83%. The Vice President of Moonlight Baeyontea Club @pyoyong prepared a quick approach 1, 2,3 steps to achieve the target. It involve kissing scene, shower/bathtub scene and under the blanket scene (secret weapon). However we believe this must be hard to accomplish since KYJ is a minor.

We shall leave it to you. We trust in you and believe you will be able to work something out. I would also like to remind you of the scene in autum in my heart … sensual-pinky-touch-scene which left me breathless. Not just me, I believe many more can never forget that explosive pinky touch… I will never forget the look on SSH and SHK … Oh I will not elaborate on their look (you know what I mean) … since this letter shall be publish on our bulletin board. What I am trying to say is Please use you creativity

Please use the chemistry of both KYJ and PBG to the maximum. As it is very rare to get such chemistry. It would be a waste if you do not explore their potential. They have been burning our tv/laptop/phone screen with their chemistry for the past 6 episodes. I swear I feel the static coming out of the screen and left me tingling and wanting more … so PD nim .. please, please please ..  kiss scene please

I think I should end my letter here and PD nim thank you again for such wonderful 6 episodes. You are my man PD nim.

Best Regards

Bambiina

President of Moonlight Baeyontae Club.

PS – I know Shower head was not invented yet, however you can still have shower scene like Pyoyong suggested – Use the waterfall.. Half naked PBG would look extremely gorjess under the waterfall .. what more if you can throw KYJ together with PBG … with clothes OF COURSE … we wouldn’t want trouble with the KSCS would we?

OMG!!.The funniest and bestest (if there is such word) I have read so far...hahahaha... please send to the team...pleaaassseeee..:-)

2 hours ago, chocolatewaffle said:

Wow, a hundred plus pages for me to recap everything. LOL.

Anyway guys, if any of you would be so kind to do a spoiler of the story for me? This drama is based on web-series of an actual historical figure. I am aware that this is a fusion saeguk and writers are given the creative license to write, but what worries me is since it is based on an actual historical figure (Prince LY), will they actually follow his time of death? Because according to history, he died rather young at the age of 20/21 and in the drama he's currently around 18/19, so we don't have much time to go. 

So, base on the web-series, will we get an alternative fictional ending for the Prince? Can someone spoil it for me? lol. Thanks guys! :sweatingbullets:

Annyeong chingu,  I've never read the web novel but since I followed this thread religiously (since am so addicted to MDBC :D) I remember there's one chingu told us the ending of the webnovel (am very sorry as I can't remember which chingu,  kindly mentioned me & I'll edit my post) ^_^

So if you're interested to see the ending of the web novel & want to be spoiled, you could open the spoiler button below chingu :P

Spoiler

Yeong & Ra On will have their happy ending outside the palace,  they had twins but one of their child will be given to Yeong lil' sis to be the next king/heir. 

Am sorry since I can only remember this much :sweatingbullets:

Archived