[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Hello fans of MDBC/LITM - just want to say how much I am enjoying this beautifully acted drama, and how happy I am for Kim Yoo Jung, who I  have a soft spot for (loved her as little Dong Yi) .  Above all, I am eagerly awaiting the release of the OST sung by my fave Hwang Chi Yeul. Since many people in this thread may not have heard of him, I am taking the liberty of putting in spoiler a video of  the five OSTs he has sung - four Korean dramas and one Chinese movie. Hope you enjoy listening to them :)  MDBC/LITM fighting!

Spoiler

Thanks to uploader.

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the episode 4 with english subs (I know, so late) and I am now drowning in a sea of emotions I can't even begin to describe. Ahhhhh, what is this series doing to me?!!!! Now that I have watched the entire episode understanding everything and without any lag, the emotions just kept coming whenever our OTP are together. Stomach butterflies, goosebumps, you name it. And when they just hit you with their longing (and sometimes tear-filled) stares, it cuts deep. It is so overwhelming. It has been so long since I was so affected emotionally by a drama, and I am so grateful to the cast and production crew for this gem. Being a fan of the leads, I so wanted for this to be great, and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

The acting, the directing and the music - everything is perfect. Episode 4 is perfect. 

I just finished watching episode 4 myself! Ahh I love it!! The dance was so good! So elegantly done by yoo jung :wub:! I'm loving the crown prince and him getting one up on premier kim and his minions! Gotta play clever crown prince and so far he's doing just that! 

I hope he doesn't know it's her till like the 13/14th episode it's too early on! When is chae soobins character coming?! Maybe once she'll come it'll jump start the lovestory and the jealousy etc! Haha

Oh and quick question! What is the point in having the sister be fat? Then she's gunna get skinny later on? Taking 4hours or so to get all that fat on her etc is such a lot of effort poor girl. 

Guest MaknaeC

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds CP, Kang Byung Taek Talked about Kim Yoo Jung, Coming Episodes, Ratings

2016083110180109911_1_99_20160831105606.

August 31, Moonlight Drawn by Clouds CP, Kang Byung Taek praises Kim Yoo Jung for her performance, “Kim Yoo Jung’s performance is amazing. She had taken off her previous image and her performance exceeded all expectations. Although it’s still early broadcast of the drama but she had completely taken off her child actor image. She’s amazing. Reactions from people in internal KBS are also good. I heard words like ‘the casting was well done’. She will show a lot of charms in the future too. We’ll unfold why all this time she lives as a man and the love triangle with Yeong and the crown princess who will appear start from episode 5 (September 5th) also will add to the fun. Looking forward to Kim Yoo Jung’s acting that she will show once again throughout this process. It’s not solely fun but you can keep an eye as she will show different acting charms of an actor.

Kang CP-nim about episode 5, “The appearance of Chae Soo Bin will form the new love triangle with Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung. It will be different with the love triangle between Park Bo Gum, Kim Yoo Jung, and Jinyoung."

About getting the highest ratings and the possibility for ratings to exceed 20%, he said, “Firstly, I’m thankful for viewers’ interest. Rather than greedy about the ratings, I hope we’ll be able to provide more good and fun contents to the viewers."

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002551831

-------------------------

Looking forward to it, Kang CP-nim! Let's keep the good quality until the end! ^^

I participate in the live recapping of the drama---one liners...sorry!---but I have to confess that I only finished watching the Eng subbed Episode 4 just now. 

Lee Young

I have always been frustrated by dramas where the protagonist is always outwitted by the villain (Arrrgghhh! Really aggravates me!) and I am so relieved that Lee Young does not fall into this category and is always several steps ahead of his adversaries and is able to outsmart them! (So much like Taek, the baduk genius!) He, unlike his father, has a flair for politics: He is  "astute" and has a clear grasp of the problem. He knows who his father's and his enemies are but does not fight them head-on but as advised by the exiled Master Jeong (Ahn Nae Sang who, in Sungkyunkwan Scandal was the professor who discovered early on that Park Min Young's character, Kim Yoon Shik, was a woman) " You kill them with honey and not with poison!." (Such a powerful lesson in governance!) His unruliness is actually an act of rebellion toward a father whom he thought was spineless and uncaring toward him and a ploy to make the Premier, the Queen, and their minions think that he is a weak, dull boy like his father, the King in order to carry out his plan---my guess that is that he wants to avenge what he believes to be the cruel mysterious death of his Queen Mother. He does not allow the palace rules to straightjacket his life, a trait that he has inherited from his Queen Mother---such a cool Mom, don't you think? He seems to know who to trust and to seek counsel from---why travel to meet with an exiled drunkard who fights with a dog?! if he didn't know the mettle of the man?

To be continued

Just finished episode 4:heart:

My summary its beautiful episode just the like rainbow.

All scenes are important and writer makes scene too detail.I love the relationship CP and Ra on who start with the names of friends.

Then their scene makes want to say I hope you will be couple so fast.The dance scene so romantic and passion.:wub:

The most question in my mind that CP know he is women because its too strange..That have clue likes CP know everything.

The scene I didnt like its ending part.Sorry I didnt not want second hero involve although for jealousy.:(

@MaknaeC Thank you for the update from the PD. Not surprised that the Crown Princess will appear. But now, the CP is already intrigued by the dancer and is fascinated by his eunuch. So I think Ra On will remain as an eunuch for now. 

I expect that the CP will not be pleased (the CPrincess would not be his choice) and he will be basically ignoring the CPrincess as long as he can. 

I hope to see more of the CP fascination with Sam Nom and Sam Nom desperately trying to hide the fact that he is a woman and the flutterings of her heart whenever she is with the CP. 

I...am not looking forward to the entry of the crown princess especially if they make Lee Young's character being very accomodating to her (and in turn hurt Ra On....and ME!) LOL

On another note anyone thinks next year's KBS drama awards will be crazy competitive. DOTS, LITM, UF....wah....i need KYJ to win best actress but somehow i feel like that will go to SHK. Tough tough.

Hello!

Wow, I simply could not resist to join the crowd! Hi peeps, I felt tremendous relief when I see the replies in the thread very positive and encouraging. I, for one, really enjoy the first two episodes. Haven't watch live streaming since YFAS days, but LITM seems too good to pass on and I partly glad I watch it now. (But now regretting coz I keep craving for more and can only wait till next week!! For the next two months!!) The show was easy on the eyes with subtle emotional punch scenes.

The scene which RO offers chicken leg as symbol of affection, it really speaks volume to me that this show is not just random romantic comedy with bratty prince and doormat servant, but it offers heart and true friendship in a simplicity yet effective way.

By episode 3, there are countless scenes that stole my heart. The moment LY asked for support from a father, to fist pumping moment where he agreed to become regent (did i spell that correctly?) after faking being wimpy and finally the final scene! The parallel walking LY and RO with the background narratives, slowed down majestic walking towards RO, and the shy smile telling his name then the OST playing on the cue, swooooonnnn.... I die... I'm totaly sold and yeah, I'm in this for good!!

Episode 4, I guess all of us knows which is the stellar scene. I FREAKING LOVE THE DANCE! It was breathtaking, admirable chemistry display between LY and RO. The dance, the eyes, the hand reaching oh-so-near-yet-so-far, the background score.. it was so perfectly done.

I could not express how I much love the leads, they are just so good. PBG and KYJ are fantastic! It feels like watching the best acting part of TMTETS, Kim Soo Hyun in PBG, and of course the ever reliable KYJ. I used to think only Jin Goo for KYJ in period drama, but damn, PBG is becoming the better half of KYJ!

The rating is icing on the cake. No matter how much people say it didn't matter, deep inside our heart we would be secretly wishing the moon and the stars that whatever drama we love watching is being appreciated by the knetz as represented by high rating. I really hope the story stays good, rating sky rocket ala TMTETS and story finishes with happy ending. 

I love you LITM! Fighting!

Wow, these two leads are really awesome. Their portrayals of emotions are beyond words. Excellent. I only know PBG as a good friend of songsong couple, never knew he is an awesome actor. Wow, now he has another new fan. ME! You can tell my craziness level for this drama by my presence in this forum.

I guess, CP will find out soon that Raon is the lead dancer. He will recall that Raon said she can memorize every moves. Furthermore, every of Raon's moves  met his expectation, unlike the original dancer who earned herself several bouts of yelling due to wrong steps. Perhaps, he will also spot blood stains on the paths that Raon took and checked against her foot secretly the next day. However, my take is, he will pretend not to know. After all, he is an intelligent, handsome man. I guess, the ninja body guard will find out too.

Like everyone else, I am also hopeful that the peeping Tom eunuch is a good man. Else, all hell will break free.

I am really longing to see these two in episode 5. Seriously, I watch this drama to release tension, instead my head is spinning with longingness to see their interaction now.

Hello guys, this is my first time joining a discussion in Soompi but I couldn't miss out because it's MDBC since it's a drama that I'm really engaged now. It's been awhile since I'm invested with a drama since Reply and Signal, and I have to say Moonlight snatch not only my heart but my whole family! I watched it with my mom every time it comes out in KBS World and we both agreed on how the story have this feel-good feeling that can make us feel warm inside and involved in the drama. Even my dad joins us in watching MDBC during yesterday (3rd and 4th Episode!) and he was really impressed when I told him that the leading actress was only 17 because of how good her acting is. Anyway, gotta tune in and joining everyone in here because I need to endure few days without MDBC ahhhhh and I was genuinely surprised with the rating that increase tremendously from 2nd to 3rd episode, because I remember watching their press conf and Entertainment Weekly that they don't expect much (cmiiw but i remember Bogum/Yoojung saying something along the lines of, "We had fun filming it so we hope the viewers will enjoy it too no matter how it turns out."), but really there's so many things to love about Moonlight Drawn by Clouds. Absolutely loving everything about this drama and I'm hoping it will keep on getting better from here onwards and nice to meet you guys! 

@MaknaeC Thank you for the article. I especially loved this part, 

About getting the highest ratings and the possibility for ratings to exceed 20%, he said, “Firstly, I’m thankful for viewers’ interest. Rather than greedy about the ratings, I hope we’ll be able to provide more good and fun contents to the viewers."

I remember how we all were with ratings. Not expecting much but hoping for the best and we did good. I hope we stay humble as Kang CP and enjoy the show.

I finally watched sub episode 4,, what can I say Bogummy never disappoints otoke i can't concentrate watching coz im just staring at PBG beautiful face :w00t:. Kidding aside this drama is really fun to watch,, it's my first time drooling over saguek drama. I cant wait for the next episode, KBS you are evil why no preview???:angry:

Hey guys~

Does anyone know why DramaKBS took down all the episode 4 clips on YT uploaded yesterday and reuploaded them?

I liked the dancing scene and I wanted to watch it again but found it was private :angry::

tKQ1Mp8.jpg

And then looked at DramaKBS page, they reuploaded them 4 hours ago....... :expressionless:

CkjAhUF.jpg

??? Now all the past likes and views are gone... It had over 5k views when I checked 15 hours ago....... :cry:

Archived