[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Geun Seok as Joseon's top gambler in Jackpot

Daebak1.jpg

Here’s the first character poster for SBS’s upcoming sageuk Jackpot, which probably means we’ll be getting one actor a day for a week or so. The second teaser is also out, which adds onto the first, pitting brothersJang Geun-seok (Pretty Man) and Yeo Jin-gu (Orange Marmalade) in a game of fate, with all of Joseon on the line.

The drama is a heavily fictionalized retelling of the Sukjong-Gyeongjong-Yeongjo monarchy line in the early 1700s. Yeo Jin-gu stars as future King Yeongjo, and Jang Geun-seok is his forgotten brother, forced to hide his royal blood and live as a low-born man. He becomes Joseon’s greatest tazza, or card shark, and goes up against Yeongjo with the fate of the nation at stake.

The series comes from the writer of Warrior Baek Dong-soo, which is why we’ll see a familiar match-up in Choi Min-soo (Pride and Prejudice), who plays King Sukjong, and Jeon Gwang-ryul (Remember—Son’s War), who plays a rebel leader opposed to both Sukjong and Yeongjo. That’s just fine by me, since they were badass rivals in Baek Dong-soo, and will surely be again in Jackpot.

Im Ji-yeon (High Society) is a woman determined to kill the king; Hyun-woo (Awl) will play Yeongjo’s half-brother who ruled for a very short time before Yeongjo’s reign; andYoon Jin-seo (Girl Who Sees Smells) is Yeongjo’s mother Lady Choi, and in this drama she’ll be a femme fatale who holds King Sukjong’s heart in her hands. That’s not exactly how history tells it, but I’m pretty sure Yeongjo never gambled with his throne either.

The second teaser just adds more characters to the glimpse we got of Jang Geun-seok and Yeo Jin-gu, with Jeon Gwang-ryul as “the one after the throne,” Im Ji-yeon as “the one after the king’s life.” It ends with the message: “Those dreaming of a new world. One game that will change fate begins now.” It’s flashy and dramatic, which seems perfect for the premise. Here’s hoping that the story lives up to the excitement I have for this cast.

Jackpot follows Six Flying Dragons on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning March 28.

Dramabeans

Guest adikkeluangman

'Daebak' reveals second dramatic teaser featuring Yeo Jin Goo, Jang Geun Suk, and more

'Daebak' has now dropped its second dramatic, epic teaser ahead of the SBS drama's premiere on March 28.

It has a pretty great cast that includes Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, Lim Ji Yeon, and more. The tag line next to Jang Geun Suk's face in the teaser reads "The King's son who should not be alive," raising anticipation for the gambling historical drama to come!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/daebak-reveals-second-dramatic-teaser-featuring-yeo-jin-goo-jang-geun-suk-and-more 

Article from Dramabeans cannot be taken with full content... Just the first paragraph and a link back to that post.

Contrasting looks of Jang Keun-suk, Yeo Jin-goo

daebak%20poster_zpsxd0twupw.jpg

Posters for SBS’ forthcoming periodic TV series “Daebak” featuring actors Jang Keun-suk and Yeo Jin-goo were released, on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, showing the sharp contrast in their image although they play brothers.

Jang, wearing shabby, worn-out clothes and headgear gazes at the camera, while Yeo, dressed in a traditional overcoat, avoids direct eye contact.

Jang is acting a forgotten, stranded son of the King Sukjong of Joseon Dynasty who wanders across the nation while gambling. Yeo plays his younger brother, who later turns out to be the next king of the dynasty, King Yeongjo. The fictional historic drama revolves around their lives as gamblers.

“Daebak” will air in place of another periodic TV series “Six Flying Dragon,” on Mondays and Tuesdays starting March 28.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603091754084764420_2

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo is a manly aristocrat in 2nd official poster for 'Daebak'

Upcoming SBS drama 'Daebak' has released its 2nd official poster featuring its next male lead Yeo Jin Goo!

Yeo Jin Goo will be playing the role of crown prince Young Jo, younger brother to Jang Geun Suk. His poster comes with the caption, "A competitor who knows how to give up his flesh and cut his bones."

yeo-jin-goo_1457480850_20160309074849111

Will you be tuning in to 'Daebak', on March 28th? 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/yeo-jin-goo-is-a-manly-aristocrat-in-2nd-official-poster-for-daebak 

Hi y'all! First time posting here.

The posters caught my eye, I think Jin-Goo is the bomb, and something said in one of the Soompi articles about "artful integration of the writer's imagination ....." is more than enough to bring me to the table. I'm a sucker for artful integration.

"Jackpot" Lim Ji-yeon to go under massive transformation

photo699651.jpg

Actress Lim Ji-yeon is going to go through a massive transformation.

The lovely 'Candy Girl' Lim Ji-yeon is coming back with a whole new look. She's starring in the new SBS drama "Jackpot" as the girl with a knife, Dam-seo.

"Jackpot" is a drama about the battle between an abandoned prince named Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) and his brother. This drama is one of the most anticipated dramas of 2016.

"Jackpot" is under the spotlight even before its release. Posters of the 6 main characters has been made and are being released one by one; Jang Geun-seok's on the 8th and Yeo Jin-goo's on the 9th.

Lim Ji-yeon's poster was revealed on the 10th. Lim Ji-yeon's role of Dam-seo is a woman who seeks revenge.

Lim Ji-yeon is glaring at the camera over her shoulder in the poster. She looks like she's determined for revenge and her aura overtakes the atmosphere.

Lim Ji-yeon is unlike any other actress in a historical drama. Her trademark long hair has been tied into a ponytail and her costume is far from fancy. The copy, 'Dam-seo was born only to kill the king' hints on the character that Lim Ji-yeon is going to become.

Lim Ji-yeon's transformation in "Jackpot" is very much looked forward to. She is the only actress between Jang Geun-seok and Yeo Jin-goo.

Meanwhile, "Jackpot" is a fantasy romance drama about a battle between an abandoned prince and his brother. The first episode can be seen on the 28th of March.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

http://www.hancinema.net/jackpot-lim-ji-yeon-to-go-under-massive-transformation-92245.html

i can't wait to know more about her ...she seems a very strong lady

I really like Lim Ji Yeon since High Society ... I can't wait to see her with Geun Suk :wub: anyone who knows between who is the main loveline? I so hope for Ji Yeon to be the woman between JGS and YJG, but I would like her to have loveline with JGS more than YJG ... this drama will definitely be a success

Archived