[Drama 2016] Happy Home 가화만사성

larus

5 hours ago, AshleyL said:

Another news say he's  not confirm yet, and it seems like he got offer not the twin role, but the main role, i'm wondering if his role would be So Yeon's love interests :)) if the husband is cold-heart they are not happy together, i'm sure there would be another man come along to treasure and love her. I hope sang woo and So yeon play a couple, not a twin brother. They would make a beautiful couple lol

I have the same feeling. If this new character will be involved with Kim So Yeon and Lee Pil mo`s story, I wonder who will be the OTP? The character sounds to be like the hero. 

Before this character enters the scene, I hoped that the husband will be a multidimensional character, that we have a story of second chances, rediscovering the old feelings...but now... I don`t think it will happen this way. It still could be a wonderful story, if the writer will not transform the husband in the villain. A love triangle, two strong possibilities... no a definite ending (to not know who is the OTP until the end).  I am very curious about their story. I can`t wait to watch it.  Anyway, I will root for the one who will make Hae Kyung`s happy.

But, Lee Sang Woo`s character could be for a totally different story. There are many characters in this drama. Maybe he will be paired with the other heroine.

I kind of wish he would have played the twin brother. :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, morning! :)  was glad with the news if lee sang woo join even if isn't related to them specifically the cast seem to be building well. I mean, so far lots of know faces and good actors. 

I was reading about feast of god earlier, got a bit worried, seems the end wasn't really cool lol Most comments were like, the drama is good, the story is good, but the ending was not. Gonna prepare myself for an unhappy ending just in case lol 

Kind of annoying not many news in english yet, depending on korean news is hard :tears:  I wish they soon complete the cast so we can have an idea of the characters and story. 

@larus I like this news, it seems all turned out like We expected. Of course still have to wait for afew more days to confirm :))

Lee Sang-woo courted for All’s Well With a Happy Home

Oh wait, is Lee Pil-mo not the lead of this drama? You’d think when a guy gets cast to play Kim So-yeon’s husband, he’d be the hero. There’s no telling how the lovelines will actually go, but apparently marital status is nothing to fall back on, because now an offer is out to Lee Sang-woo (Please, Mom) to join the cast of MBC’s All’s Well With a Happy Home. And casting Lee Sang-woo in your weekend drama means he’s going to be your leading man, right?

Kim So-yeon is headlining the new weekender about a family that owns a Chinese restaurant. She’s the eldest daughter (of parents Kim Young-chul and Won Mi-kyung), who’s married to Lee Pil-mo. His family is wealthy and uptight, and the heroine has a difficult relationship with her haughty mother-in-law and a tense one with her cold, workaholic, perfectionist husband. Park Min-woo plays a chaebol heir, and Yoon Jin-yi is a lovable employee at the family restaurant.

Lee Sang-woo is being courted to play a genius doctor who’s always unkempt — his hair sticks up in odd places, his shirt buttons are misaligned, and his socks never match. Aw. He’s an easygoing character who volunteers a lot of his time as a general doctor, and he loves to camp and sleep out in the open. All we’re told about his love story is that he’ll meet a woman he’s not supposed to love. I’ll wager a guess that it has something to do with her being married to a cold workaholic.

I certainly wouldn’t mind Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon together, but it’s a little sudden when he’s still romancing Eugene in KBS’s current weekender Please, Mom. If he signs on, he’ll have to jump straight from one drama set to the other, and we might get whiplash if he falls for another girl so quickly. He might do it because of his connection to the PD-writer team — he starred in their last project together, Feast of the Gods, and might forgo a break between dramas for their sake. 

All’s Well With a Happy Home follows Mom in late February.

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/lee-sang-woo-courted-for-alls-well-with-a-happy-home/#more-107153

2 hours ago, AshleyL said:

@larus I like this news, it seems all turned out like We expected. Of course still have to wait for afew more days to confirm :))

Lee Sang-woo courted for All’s Well With a Happy Home

Oh wait, is Lee Pil-mo not the lead of this drama? You’d think when a guy gets cast to play Kim So-yeon’s husband, he’d be the hero. There’s no telling how the lovelines will actually go, but apparently marital status is nothing to fall back on, because now an offer is out to Lee Sang-woo (Please, Mom) to join the cast of MBC’s All’s Well With a Happy Home. And casting Lee Sang-woo in your weekend drama means he’s going to be your leading man, right?

Kim So-yeon is headlining the new weekender about a family that owns a Chinese restaurant. She’s the eldest daughter (of parents Kim Young-chul and Won Mi-kyung), who’s married to Lee Pil-mo. His family is wealthy and uptight, and the heroine has a difficult relationship with her haughty mother-in-law and a tense one with her cold, workaholic, perfectionist husband. Park Min-woo plays a chaebol heir, and Yoon Jin-yi is a lovable employee at the family restaurant.

Lee Sang-woo is being courted to play a genius doctor who’s always unkempt — his hair sticks up in odd places, his shirt buttons are misaligned, and his socks never match. Aw. He’s an easygoing character who volunteers a lot of his time as a general doctor, and he loves to camp and sleep out in the open. All we’re told about his love story is that he’ll meet a woman he’s not supposed to love. I’ll wager a guess that it has something to do with her being married to a cold workaholic.

I certainly wouldn’t mind Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon together, but it’s a little sudden when he’s still romancing Eugene in KBS’s current weekender Please, Mom. If he signs on, he’ll have to jump straight from one drama set to the other, and we might get whiplash if he falls for another girl so quickly. He might do it because of his connection to the PD-writer team — he starred in their last project together, Feast of the Gods, and might forgo a break between dramas for their sake. 

All’s Well With a Happy Home follows Mom in late February.

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/lee-sang-woo-courted-for-alls-well-with-a-happy-home/#more-107153

Ohhh cool! So I was a bit right, they spoke about the situation she is in to favor an extra marital romance lol I guess won't be just drama, but romance too :w00t:

Not that I like watching lovers drama but the husband description is nothing like a woman dream of specially after 13 years.

I hope he accepts the role, he will make a gorgeous pair with so yeon. :wub:

So the story is gonna revolve among all the couples problems and them as family together disturbing each other with their own personal issues I guess. Is a lot of material hehe I wonder what connection the young chaebol min woo is making has with them :huh:

Anyway, thanks for the news!   wonder if there will be no kids, so far they didnt mention right?

23 hours ago, AshleyL said:

Yeap, It is what we thought.  Almost all kdramas are predictable.

Girlfriday: "Oh wait, is Lee Pil-mo not the lead of this drama?"  That was exactly my question when I heard the casting news this morning. I just knew that it will be another love interest for Hae Ryung, not because kdramas love love triangles, but because the heroine will be in a stressful situation that she needs a easygoing person in her life. She is a neglected wife, and bit by bit (even if there was a love marriage at first) the two of the spouses drift emotionally apart. Her husband is  an workaholic, a person who is not showing lot of emotions. One of the quickest ways to destroy your marriage is to leave your wife alone. I already guessed that Hae Ryung will meet a man and slowly get close to him, that man will give her solace and little happy moments exactly what she needs in those hectic events in the Bong family. I thought that the husband will realize someday that he is about "to lose" his wife and I thought he will work hard to reconnect. 

But what they do? They want to cast Lee Sang Woo and we start to think....wait a minute ....who will get the girl in the end is the first lead? :D  The new character is miles away... a perfect fit with the heroine`s personality. Just reading about him, I just knew that he can make her very happy. How could not root for them? The two men are totally opposite. The husband is cold, the other is easygoing. One is perfectionist in everything he does, the other always unkempt. One is workaholic (works for a status), the other volunteers. One is rich, an elite person, always displaying the etiquette, the other likes to camp and even likes to sleep out in the open. The angst? The hero will meet a woman who is not supposed to love. The heroine has a dilemma: to follow reason, restraint, social responsibility or spontaneity, emotions, passion?

I am ready to watch how the writer wants to develop the story and its characters. Just give me the best of the story!

As for the two leading men... I never saw Lee Pilmo or Lee Sang Woo in a drama. I know who LSW was, I discovered recently LPM. I watched some videos on You Tube and I like them both but if I have to choose I think I prefer Lee PilMo. :D I can`t wait to see the onscreen chemistry with both of them. 

6 hours ago, dannah5 said:

Kind of annoying not many news in english yet, depending on korean news is hard :tears:  I wish they soon complete the cast so we can have an idea of the characters and story. 

I read some reactions/ thoughts too after the last two episodes of Feast of the Gods.  The PD/ writer is the same duo who will make Happy Home.  It was not a sad ending, the public were disappointed  for the underwhelmed ending.  Some quotes: "despite the writer’s infamous reputation of draggy plots", "the writer’s poor attempt at being dramatic in the last episode", "fabulous ingredients, but given to a Krappy Chef, it became a mush of disappointment". Sure, the reactions makes me worried a little but usually, I have to look for myself to make an opinion, I am not influenced easily by bad reviews.

These lines are funny. An imaginary conversation between the leads of the drama Feast of The Gods and the blogger`s conclusion.

Spoiler

Lee Sang Woo: “Let’s make a life-long promise?”
Yuri: “Sure!”
Lee Sang Woo: “Never accept another role from this writer.”
Yuri: “That’s what I’m thinking as well! Fans, her name is Jo Eun Jung.”

:w00t:

http://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2012/05/highlights-feast-of-the-gods-episode-31-32-finale.html

I will see if I will put the writer on my black list after my first experience with a family drama.

I want more translated articles. I already anticipating for tomorrow another casting news. :w00t:

No casting news this morning? How come?! I get used to read about it. :D

Let see more about our hero. If Lee Sang Woo will sign to play the character (I think he would agree) or someone else will be cast, the character sounds like the typical hero. 

I found more information about this character. I really hope someone will translate this.

http://blog.naver.com/hardy7079/220599065383

What I understand from RAW translations. Like Girlfriday said in the article he will play a genius doctor (:w00t: every time I heard that a character is a genius... I know he is the hero. No many genius women in kdramas). Gifted since childhood, he grew up and now he is a successful doctor (thoracic surgeon) and he had a bright future.  Five years ago an eight years old girl died on his surgery table and I think his live has changed. (Now he seems to not care about material things, I got a feeling that he is wandering through life, not thinking about his future, just living in the present but more for others.) He  doesn`t care much about his appearance, he is always unkempt, his hair sticks up in odd places, his shirt buttons are misaligned, and his socks never match. He’s an easygoing character who smiles all the time even if it has a wound soul, who volunteers a lot of his time as a general doctor (he feels guilty and wants to pay off the debt for the patient to another good deeds) , and he loves to camp and sleep out in the open. Now, he will meet a woman he is not supposed to love. A "forbidden" love story.

I wish there is someone who will translate more accurate. I don`t know Korean at all and I am not very good at English either. Well, we`ll see if I am correct in my translation and assumptions.

It was a quiet weekend. No more casting news. I hope we`ll have next week the whole cast and maybe they will start filming. They have top held the first script reading as well.

I really want to know more about this drama. I looked for the official page on MBC but did not find it. I guess it is still early.

We are waiting to see if  Lee Sang Woo will accept or refuse the offer to be in Happy Home, who will play Hae Ryung`s twin brother and Han Mi Soon`s husband (I assume).

I promised myself to not look for any other information for this show other than official articles. I almost get a heart attack when I saw the picture of Uhm Jung Hwa (other favorite actress of mine)  attached to this drama. Because I don`t know Korean at all, I can`t discern a rumor, a fact or just  an wishful thinking from some blogs.(ex. http://blog.naver.com/cnblue1138?Redirect=Log&logNo=220599961546&from=section)

On another note, Soyeon left a message on her Daum Cafe on 15th January and she mentioned that she is recently she's quite busy and will meet her soon in new drama. She is fascinated by her role Bong Hye Ryung and would make all effort to prepare for it. She had some free time and came to a coffee shop near her house and have been  listening to the song "Nocturne" of Lee Eun Mi and thinking about many things. I guess she is mentally preparing for her drama. I listened to this beautiful song and read the translated lyrics. I confess that I cried. It is such an emotional song.... I have to prepare paper tissues for this drama?

Guest ororomunroe

When you like both male leads and can't choose between them... :sweatingbullets:

Thanks everyone for all the updates. It seems there are so many good weekend dramas coming up. I really hope they stay good til the end. 

11 minutes ago, ororomunroe said:

When you like both male leads and can't choose between them... :sweatingbullets:

Yes, I like both male leads and I am dying to see how the story goes.  If the drama don`t make the husband the villain (fingers crossed) and the heroine will have two men in her heart it could be heartbreaking for all of them. It will be hard for us to choose too. It`s all about the story. The potential of Lee Pil Mo`s character is great. His character is the key of making this love triangle an exciting story. I already love the hero (and almost everyone here, I guess) and the short description of the husband is not flattering at all, au contraire. If he is the just a cold hearted man, and just an obstacle for Hae Ryng`s happiness, then, It is easy. It is an easy choice for the audience too. But if he is more than what we are seeing from outside... than it will be hard. I can imagine the parting scene.... I quote from Lee Eun Mi`s Nocturne... "My love, my dear, now please, leave me..."  But who will be the one who says those words?

We want the hard or the easy way? :sweatingbullets:  We are asking for heartbreaks?

I don`t know how these weekend dramas work.... maybe I am imagining/ expecting  too much. :D

Hi guys, was really a slow weekend hehe Not many news and no kids around I decided to watch movies I can't when kids here hehe

So I was looking for news since I saw yesterday was very quiet here not knowing korean makes hard to search hehe

I found this http://news.joins.com/article/19419969

and this http://news.joins.com/article/19419888 well with google translater I could understand they are still talking with him about the role, and he was indeed offered to be a twin for soyeon too I guess but he didnt want. If anyone can read please help lol

So far no other cast news, but is weekend so probally we will get more stuff tomorrow.

I am so yeon's fan I really love her, so I am really hoping to get a great cast and writer, so will be a good drama for us and them. But I have to say some of the other actors they cast I really like too, like Lee Pil mo and min woo is also charming, I saw modern farmer and he did a good job there. Hoping for Lee Sang woo to accept. 

4 hours ago, larus said:

I promised myself to not look for any other information for this show other than official articles. I almost get a heart attack when I saw the picture of Uhm Jung Hwa (other favorite actress of mine)  attached to this drama. Because I don`t know Korean at all, I can`t discern a rumor, a fact or just  an wishful thinking from some blogs.(ex. http://blog.naver.com/cnblue1138?Redirect=Log&logNo=220599961546&from=section)

So by google translator I see Lee jon hyun was offered the role of a professional golf player o.o and say something about so yeon related but I don't know what it means lol ( want to by korean fluence :tears:). And seems Jung Hwa Yeon is gonna be related to her husband, maybe another woman o.o  says something about work but not about his wife so seems she isnt related to so yeon. haha ok I am tired of trying to understand korean :dizzy: I'll wait someone that can actually say something about it hehe Sorry for not helping at all! 

@larussorry for messing ur news :phew:

52 minutes ago, dannah5 said:

So by google translator I see Lee jon hyun was offered the role of a professional golf player o.o and say something about so yeon related but I don't know what it means lol ( want to by korean fluence :tears:). And seems Jung Hwa Yeon is gonna be related to her husband, maybe another woman o.o  says something about work but not about his wife so seems she isnt related to so yeon. haha ok I am tired of trying to understand korean :dizzy: I'll wait someone that can actually say something about it hehe Sorry for not helping at all! 

It is what I understood as well. It said that Lee Jong Hyun is playing a professional; golf player and I think he is the younger brother of Hae Ryung. And Uhm Jung Hwa is related to Lee Pil Mo`s character (I think is something about work too). The same blogger said about Oh Man Suk as well in another article. I really don`t believe it this time. What source did the blogger had? I believe it when I will see it or when there will be an official announcement. :D

Yes, I think we`ll have new casting news Monday. Not only Lee Sang Woo has to confirm and cast Hae Kyung`s twin brother,but I am curious who will play the demanding mother in law, Lee Pil Mo`s mother. 

31 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

@dannah5 Lee Jong Hyun? Is he CNBlue Lee Jong Hyun? If it's really true I will be really happy because I ship him with Yoon Jin Yi since Gentleman's Dignity. I hope they will end up together in this drama if he really accepts the role. 

Yep, he is being courted for a role a while already but I am not sure he will take

MBC 측 "이필모·김소연, '가화만사성'서 부부 호흡"(공식) spc.gif Shabillab spc.gif

2016.01.17. 13:16

복사http://blog.naver.com/cnblue1138/220599961546

[스포츠조선 이승미 기자] 배우 이필모와 김소연이 부부 호흡을 맞춘다.

13일 MBC 측 관계자에 따르면 이필모와 김소연이 주말극 '가화만사성'에 출연을 확정지었다.

2016년 2월 첫 방송될 '가화만사성'은 중국집 배달부로 시작해 차이나타운 최대 중식당을 오픈하게 된 봉삼봉 가족들의 뒷목 잡는 사건과 이를 통해 한단계 성장하는 훈훈한 가족 드라마다.

김소연은 다이아몬드 급 품격과 고상함을 지닌 시월드에서 우여곡절을 겪는 봉가네 장녀 봉해령 역을 맡는다. 봉해령은 태풍의 눈처럼 고요하는 고만수 휘몰아치는 주변 사건들로 인해 이종현은 세계적인 프로골퍼 칼고 고만수 역 파도 같은 인생을 살게 되는 인물로, 김소연이 아슬아슬한 봉해령의 모습을 섬세하게 그려낼 것으로 기대를 모은다.

20160113171209449wmcz.jpg?type=w1

20120523152124714.jpg?type=w1

2015080909380845445_1.jpg?type=w1

이필모 김소연 이종현 엄정화
사진=스포츠조선DB

이필모는 봉해령의 남편 유현기 역을 맡아 냉혈 카리스마를 뿜어낼 예정이다. 유현기는 모든 일에 완벽함을 추구하며 젊은 나이에 오수정(엄정화)의 맞선녀가된 엘리트 중의 엘리트지만, 아내에게는 얼음장처럼 차가운 워커홀릭으로 위기를 부르는 인물이다.

한편 '가화만사성'은 '호텔킹', '신들의 만찬', '황금물고기' 등을 집필한 조은정 작가와 '운명처럼 널 사랑해', '여왕의 교실', '신들의 만찬' 등을 연출한 이동윤 PD와 닥터챔프,칼잡이 오수정의 박형기PD 2016년 작품. 특히, 이동윤 PD 와 조은정 작가가 '신들의 만찬'이후 다시 한번 음식 가족 드라마로 의기투합한 만큼 더욱 큰 기대를 모은다.

'엄마'의 후속으로 2016년 2월 말 첫 방송될 예정이다.

So far they really looking for actors/actress with good reputation cause all those names even for me not really familiar with most korean actors know for really good roles in past dramas. Lets hope for them to accept!

1 hour ago, larus said:

It is what I understood as well. It said that Lee Jong Hyun is playing a professional; golf player and I think he is the younger brother of Hae Ryung. And Uhm Jung Hwa is related to Lee Pil Mo`s character (I think is something about work too). The same blogger said about Oh Man Suk as well in another article. I really don`t believe it this time. What source did the blogger had? I believe it when I will see it or when there will be an official announcement. :D

Yes, I think we`ll have new casting news Monday. Not only Lee Sang Woo has to confirm and cast Hae Kyung`s twin brother,but I am curious who will play the demanding mother in law, Lee Pil Mo`s mother. 

Larus, someone know Korean said this is just wishful thinking from this bloger :))) 

55 minutes ago, AshleyL said:

Larus, someone know Korean said this is just wishful thinking from this bloger :))) 

I thought so. :w00t: The first time I was fooled. I thought it is a rumor in Korea media (about LJH and OMS) but when I saw Uhm Jung Hwa`s name it was too good to be true. I could not believe my eyes. If it had been true I would have been in kdrama heaven. :D

I have a question. It was said in the articles what name has Lee Sang Woo`s character?

11 minutes ago, larus said:

I thought so. :w00t: The first time I was fooled. I thought it is a rumor in Korea media (about LJH and OMS) but when I saw Uhm Jung Hwa`s name it was too good to be true. I could not believe my eyes. If it had been true I would have been in kdrama heaven. :D

I have a question. It was said in the articles what name has Lee Sang Woo`s character?

I forget Lee sang woo's name character, but i don't believe he will play Soyeon's twin brother, I dont believe he will get offer that kind of role :)) He as famous for "perfect oppa", he cant be playing the spoiled, cheating husband lol

2 hours ago, AshleyL said:

I forget Lee sang woo's name character, but i don't believe he will play Soyeon's twin brother, I dont believe he will get offer that kind of role :)) He as famous for "perfect oppa", he cant be playing the spoiled, cheating husband lol

Question!

Are the kisses on those family dramas just popo or real kisses? :w00t:

cause I hate to see those kisses they just squeeze the faces and lips like 10 years old kids :mellow: So Yeon have a few of the best kisses in kdramas lol I hope she has a few good ones on this too. 

@larus I honestly don't remember seeying the name of the char yet but I am really hoping he grabs it. If he does is almost 100% sure he will evolve from sloppy into handsome well dressed guy at some point.

2 hours ago, dannah5 said:

Question!

Are the kisses on those family dramas just popo or real kisses? :w00t:

cause I hate to see those kisses they just squeeze the faces and lips like 10 years old kids :mellow: So Yeon have a few of the best kisses in kdramas lol I hope she has a few good ones on this too. 

@larus I honestly don't remember seeying the name of the char yet but I am really hoping he grabs it. If he does is almost 100% sure he will evolve from sloppy into handsome well dressed guy at some point.

I can say for sure that they kiss in weekend drama too, and some lovelines are very romantic too.. I personally like weekend drama more than weekday dramas. Many primetime dramas i just quit watching after 1 or two episodes. I have to agree that weekend drama is long and too many characters, but when you get emotionly connect to these characters you will like them all and feel like watching some beloved family that you never want it to end. That's what i felt when i watch weekend dramas . I just love that So Yeon accept to act in this weekend drama. I feel like there are no good short/ weekday dramas lately ( well to me it's no good since long ago already Lol) 

Archived