Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Legend of Chusen 诛仙·青云志

My review of Legend of Chusen 

After watching Legend of Zu, I started comparing the two series since Zhao Li Ying has acted with both William and Yi Feng. I'm seeing him play diverse range of characters, but he's either always the innocent Zhang Xiao Fan or the unemotional Baili Tusu. Yang Zi (Lu Que) and Jun Jie (Shu Shu) had really amazing chemistry, and I love their scenes together. Overall, seeing such familiar faces really eased me into binge-watching this 55 episode series over a week. True story!

There's a particular scene where the Ghost King talks about how the Zhu Xian sword has killed so many lives, yet it's revered as precious treasure. He allows us to think whether good is truly good, and the classic stereotypes placed upon many villains. Although these themes are often referenced, it is incredibly refreshing to see a man say the truth as it is. Legend of Chusen followed a very basic story-line, it does take a lot inspiration from dramas that we have all seen before. It is highly possible to make comparisons, because these actors have worked together before. 

This was honestly a hit or miss drama for me. It's not uncommon seeing Zhao Li Ying play a strong, female character but I wish she made her character more distinct from Yu Wu Xin (Legend of Zu). A good wuxia/xianxia series needs to incorporate the elements of humour, romance, drama, and fantasy as well. I found Zhang Xiao Fan to be quite naive, but that's the charm to his character; I hope, within the next season, he becomes smarter. There was a lot of 'girl/guy sacrificing their life to protect their loved ones'. 

Dramas tend to recycle this concept over and over again. The cliched scenes

Spoiler

where Bi Yao forgets Xiao Fan is unnecessary; she tries to kill him, but hesitates.

I started questioning whether he could've changed the past by telling her what he saw in the mirror -- I also do not understand why one of the main characters have to die. Why can't they end up together...alive? I understand, the loss of a loved one can change them entirely but...maybe I'm being picky. Overall, I give this season a solid 8/10. I can't wait for more -- Legend of Chusen is visually stunning; the cast, the costumes and the cinematography. 

• Like 1

I don't know why but I like second lead female 

Second lead syndrome 

Please tell me what happen in the end of drama 

On Wednesday, November 09, 2016 at 7:27 PM, dejun said:

I want this drama not to follow the novel as I really really like Bi Yao and Xiao Fan as OTP. :tears: I hope the PD changed the drama story.  Their love for each other is too deep to be ignored so I want happy ending for them. :huh:

According to those who have read the novel:

Hide contents

Xiao Fan ended up with 2nd female lead, Xue Qi.

Nirvana in Fire is my 2nd top favourite drama, a top notch drama.  Journey of Flower was much better 2nd half than 1st half plus the immortals looked really like immortals, a much better quality one compared to Legend of Chusen in almost everything.  I still enjoyed Legend of Chusen though, look forward to it but have to wait for Season 2 for proper closure. :frown: *sigh*  I gave up on The Four.  It was too boring for me too.

Who is the main female lead in novel

On Sunday, July 02, 2017 at 6:40 PM, visiopeia said:

is it true that season 3 don't have li yifeng as zhang xiao fan???

The Legend of Chusen 3 officially begins rolling their cameras 3chusen%204.jpg, without confirmations of the leads, and Han Dong is rumored to play Zhang Xiao Fan. When you changed the main cast of drama with over 80 episodes, you are always at risk to get rocked at….. not to mention, all three leads have strong fanbases. 

Spoiler

3chusen%206.jpg3chusen%202.jpg3chusen%203.jpg

3chusen%201.jpg

• Like 1

if they really change Zhang Xiao Fan to another cast then i am 100% not going to support it. Being told that Xiao Fan and Bi Yao story ends at Season 2 .. rumors says that Xiao Fan life moved on, and he later married to his schoolmate Xue Qing (forgot her name in the drama) .. the lady with the power sword. 

• Like 1

I don't know why but I like this couple d4628535e5dde71153bdc812afefce1b9c1661e3

63d0f703918fa0ecec6513122f9759ee3d6ddb0b58ee3d6d55fbb2fba8a42f0d464a20a44623dc26

I drop the drama in middle when I came to know about ending and season 2 if in season 3 there's any hope for them then may be I ll watch season 3 .