[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

'Hwarang' Air Date Confirmed; BTS' V Reveals Park Seo Joon, Hyungsik Helped Him Prepare For Role

Hwarang
(Photo : Hwarang: The Beginning Official Poster) "Hwarang: The Beginning" will reportedly start airing December.

BTS's V is set to make his acting debut later this year in the highly anticipated drama, "Hwarang: The Beginning."

V, who will be going by his real name Kim Taehyung for the drama, has had quite a busy year juggling concerts, preparations for BTS's comeback, promotions for their latest album "Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa Young Forever" and title track "Fire" as well as shoots for "Hwarang."

Last week, Sports Chosun caught up with the members of BTS for an interview, where V opened up about his preparations for "Hwarang" and his co-stars.

The 20-year-old vocalist revealed that though he enjoys acting as a hobby as well as watching dramas, he had trouble at first as it was his first time actually filming a drama. Luckily, he got help from Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik and his other "Hwarang" co-stars.

“I liked to act as a hobby before and I like to watch dramas and movies but it was really hard at the beginning as I had to be professional," he told the publication (as translated by @peachisoda via OneHallyu).

"But it’s not so difficult these days because (Park) Hyung Sik hyung, (Park) Seo Joon hyung and other hyungs called me many times to guide and said 'Let’s meet up and try reading the script together' because I’m the youngest and they understand that I’m acting for the first time," he continued.

V also received a lot of encouragement from Hyung Sik, who is a member of the boy group ZE:A and understands well the difficulties involved in being active as both a singer and actor.

"Hyungsik hyung told me that it might be very hard at the beginning because I have to carry out acting and singing. I don’t feel the difficulty because I’m very happy to be able to do both things but I thought I should cheer up and work hard because I might face the difficult moment," said the BTS member.

In KBS2's upcoming historical drama, V will be taking on the role of Han Sung, described as the warm and friendly grandson of Seok Hyeon Jae who confronts of the imperial family of Silla.

Meanwhile, KBS2 has finally confirmed the official premiere date for "Hwarang: The Beginning."

A KBS drama department representative confirmed that "Hwarang" will start airing in December, instead of the previously rumored November air date, Soompi reported.

“It is true that it is expected to air in December," said the KBS rep, adding, "However, we are still in discussion regarding whether it will be a Monday-Tuesday drama or Wednesday-Thursday drama.”

"Hwarang: The Beginning" has already been confirmed to be completely pre-produced like "Descendants of the Sun" and had already commenced filming in March.

The drama stars Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, Park Hyung Sik, SHINee's Choi Minho, BTS's Kim Taehyung and more.

cr Design & Trend

Park Seo-joon, Hyung Sik and Ko Ah-ra's KBS "Flower Knights: The Beginning" to air in December

photo725778.jpg

Actors Park Seo-joon, Hyung Sik and Ko Ah-ra are starring in the December drama "Flower Knights: The Beginning".

KBS announced this fact on the 18th on Donga.com: The drama will be scheduled for December but it's not yet clear if it will be aired on Monday and Tuesday.

"Flower Knights: The Beginning" is a pre-produced drama that is being released in Korea and China at the same time and it depicts the Flower Knights in the Shilla Times. It's a historical drama that depicts the passion, love and growth of youth in the past.

The drama started filming in March and is planning on ending at the end of next month. The casts includePark Seo-joon, Ko Ah-ra, Do Ji-han, Minho with special appearances from Seong Dong-il and Lee Gwang-soo.

Source: hancinema

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/05/2016 at 9:22 PM, ilwoo_aein said:

Park Seo-joon, Hyung Sik and Ko Ah-ra's KBS "Flower Knights: The Beginning" to air in December

MOD EDIT: do not quote images

Actors Park Seo-joon, Hyung Sik and Ko Ah-ra are starring in the December drama "Flower Knights: The Beginning".

KBS announced this fact on the 18th on Donga.com: The drama will be scheduled for December but it's not yet clear if it will be aired on Monday and Tuesday.

"Flower Knights: The Beginning" is a pre-produced drama that is being released in Korea and China at the same time and it depicts the Flower Knights in the Shilla Times. It's a historical drama that depicts the passion, love and growth of youth in the past.

The drama started filming in March and is planning on ending at the end of next month. The casts includePark Seo-joon, Ko Ah-ra, Do Ji-han, Minho with special appearances from Seong Dong-il and Lee Gwang-soo.

Source: hancinema

Noooo, it's going to air in December? ;-; so far.. I can't wait for this drama though!!

Park Seo Joon And Go Ara Cheer On “Hwarang” Co-Star Park Hyung Sik At Musical

Park Seo Joon And Go Ara Cheer On “Hwarang” Co-Star Park Hyung Sik At Musical

Actors Park Seo Joon and Go Ara recently visited co-star Park Hyung Sik at his musical.

On June 18, Park Seo Joon posted an Instagram of the three backstage along with the caption, “The Three Musketeers. #Justiceshallprevail. Hwaiting today, Hyung Sik.” In the photo, Park Seo Joon and Go Ara show support for Park Hyung Sik, who is currently starring in the musical “The Three Musketeers.”

Meanwhile, Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, and Park Hyung Sik will headline upcoming KBS2 historical drama “Hwarang: The Beginning along with BTS’s V, Jo Yoon Woo, Minho, and Do Ji Han. The drama tells the story of the Hwarangs and their passion, love, and growth in the capital of Silla 1,500 years ago

cr soompi

The fact that this drama is titled "Hwarang: The Beginning", does it mean that this drama will also have its sequels since it's called 'the beginning'? ^_^

I'm anticipating Park Seo Joon and Go Ara portraying as a couple in this drama, can't wait, December is too far away though. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

'Moorim School' star Seo Ye-Ji joins Park Seo Joon, Go Ara in KBS2's 'Hwarang: The Beginning'

• South Korean actress Seo Ye Ji poses for Korea's H:Connect Spring/Summer 2015 issue.

South Korean actress Seo Ye Ji poses for Korea's H:Connect Spring/Summer 2015 issue. (Photo : Facebook/Kore Oyuncuları [Korean Players])

South Korean actress Seo Ye-Ji, who starred as Shim Soon-Duk in KBS2's "Moorim School," will be part of the cast of "Hwarang: The Beginning," an upcoming period drama directed by PD Yoon Sung-Sik. The 26-year-old actress will join previously announced stars Park Seo Joon, Go Ara and Park Hyung-Sik.

Like Us on Facebook

Seo is up to play the role of a Shilla Dynasty princess, Sookmyung, who is the daughter of Queen Jiso (Kim Ji-Su), AsianWiki has learned. The actress will begin filming her scenes starting mid-July.

"Seo Ye Ji has been confirmed to appear on 'Hwarang: The Beginning'," the actress's agency told TV Daily on July 11, Monday, according to All K-pop. "In order to properly portray the role of Princess Sookmyung, Seo Ye Ji will take lessons in dance and horseback riding until the filming starts. She will join the filming in the middle of July."

The upcoming 20-episode drama, which also stars Choi Min-Ho, Do Ji-Han, Jo Yoon Woo, and Kim Taehyung, kicked off filming on March 31. With an intended release in the latter half of this year, "Hwarang: The Beginning" depicts the story of an elite group of young aristocratic warriors, Flower Knights, who grows through passion and love amid their stay in the Kingdom of Silla.

"She was Pretty" actor Seo Joon plays a young man of low birth, Moo Myung aka Sun Woo Rang, who eventually turns into a legendary dog-bird Hwarang warrior. ZE:A's Hyung Sik, on the other hand, will play the 24th ruler of Silla named Sam Maek Jong, otherwise known as King Jinheung.

"Reply 1994" actress Go Ara plays the half-noble woman, A-Ro, who is the love interest of the two male leads. The series is based on a script written by Park Eun Young.

"Hwarang: The Beginning" is expected to air in December, though exact details are not yet final. It was reported previously that officials from KBS's drama department are still in discussion regarding whether it will be a Monday-Tuesday drama or Wednesday-Thursday.

Nonetheless, the show's producers reportedly intend to simultaneously broadcast "Hwarang: The Beginning" in South Korea and mainland China. Check out the teaser below: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[Article] 160812 Pre-filmed "Hwarang: The Beginning" will complete by the end of August

Pre-produced drama "Hwarang: The Beginning" will complete by the end of this month. "Hwarang" kicked off the filming last March 31st and they officially began the production around May.

During "KBS Drama Center Press Conference" held on 11th afternoon at a restaurant in Seoul Yeouido, Head of department "Kim Sanghwi revealed, "Currently Hwarang is at the peak of filming" continuing, "They'll be done by the end of August.".

Furthermore he stated, "The drama is filmed at Ahnsung, Suwon, Gyeongju and Mungyeong sets and the actors and staffs are doing their best in the heat.".

"Hwarang" were an group of handsome male youth in Silla 1500 years ago. The drama is a youth historical drama that talks about the Hwarang's passion, love and their growth. The cast include actor Park Seojoon, actress Go Ara, Park Hyungsik (ZE:A), Minho (Shinee), Do Jihan, Lee Kwangsoo, V (BTS) and others.

"Hwarang" was sold to China's "LETV" media group for the higest price and it's scheduled to broadcast in the second half of this year.

Original article here
Translated by PEACHISODA
Take out with full credits! 

Source: http://peachisoda.blogspot.com/2016/08/article-160812-pre-filmed-hwarang.html

Park Hyung Sik Opens Up About “Hwarang: The Beginning” In CAMPUS CINE21 Pictorial

Athough Park Hyung Sik won’t appear on the small screen until later in the year with his role as the future King Jinheung in “Hwarang: The Beginning,” he recently took part in a pictorial with the magazine CAMPUS CINE21.

The concept of the photo shoot was “a sweet afternoon snack” and featured the idol-turned-actor in various relaxed outfits like a Hawaiian shirt, pyjamas, and a striped robe. Ice cream also played a big role, and Park Hyung Sik got to try making his own on set.

“It’s harder than it looks, but it’s fun,” he said, and distributed ice cream that he topped himself with chocolate powder among the staff.

After taking part in multiple productions in 2015, Park Hyung Sik has spent this year working on the musical “The Three Musketeers” and filming “Hwarang: The Beginning,” which is 100 per cent pre-produced.

“Filming is fun because there’s so many of my peers on set,” he said. “I have a lot of scenes with Park Seo Joon so we became friendly. The staff and the cast suffered a lot from the heat, but I had a lot of fun filming.”

About his character, he said, “Sam Maek Jong has a lot of ambition, but he’s also a righteous hwarang. I think he’s a very attractive character.”

“Hwarang: The Beginning” is expected to air sometime this December and stars Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, Go Ara, SHINee’s Minho, BTS’s V (Kim Taehyung), and more.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/29/park-hyung-sik-opens-hwarang-beginning-campus-cine21-pictorial/

Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpg

Park-Hyung-Sik-1.jpg

Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

Park-Hyung-Sik-3.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

^^He didn't talk much about the drama here unfortunately, but at least it's something.

misc_1472224335_af_org.jpg

Actor Kim Hyun Jun was revealed to have gotten injured during a dangerous situation while filming 'Hwarang.'  Seems like this historical piece is really going all out... and putting their actors in some danger...

On August 26, his agency stated, "While filming KBS 2TV's new drama 'Hwarang,' Kim Hyun Jun was hit in the forehead by another actor's arrow and flipped backwards.  It was a dangerous situation, but he was wearing a wig, and the resulting injury was not as bad as expected.  He immediately received treatment at the emergency room, returned to filming today (26), and is currently filming."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/actor-kim-hyun-jun-revealed-to-have-been-hit-with-an-arrow-while-filming-hwarang

-------------------------------------------------------

So many people getting into accidents :tears: Good thing it wasn't bad though.

I wonder if they've finished filming by now, considering they said it'd be done by the end of August based on that previous article, and considering this one was written a few days ago.

“Hwarang: The Beginning” Wraps Up Filming And Reveals Premiere Date

“Hwarang: The Beginning” Wraps Up Filming And Reveals Premiere Date

On August 1, a source from KBS2’s “Hwarang: The Beginning” stated, “The 100 percent pre-produced drama has officially finished filming today. The actors had a difficult time due to the hot summer weather. It will be a young and fun youth sageuk.”

On another good note, despite tensions between Korea and China due to THAAD, it appears as though “Hwarang: The Beginning” will be able to broadcast in China with no problems.

The source commented, “We plan on going to China this month to discuss broadcasting. The drama will air in December as planned. We are looking at December 19 as the tentative date for the premiere.”

“Hwarang: The Beginning” tells the story of the Hwarangs’s passion, love, and growth in the capital of Shilla 1,500 years ago. The drama boasts a star-studded cast including Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, Park Hyung Sik, SHINee’s Minho, BTS’s V (Kim Taehyung), and more.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/01/hwarang-beginning-wraps-filming-reveals-premiere-date/

--------------------------------------------

Glad they're finally finished filming and that they can still show it in China.

Super excited but mid December is so far away.... :confounded:

EDIT: also, did they mean September 1 in the 1st sentence? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

[kkuljaem] Hwarang co-stars Do Ji Han, Park Hyung Shik, Park Seo Joon and V pose for a group photo

201609201659551112_1_99_20160920173404.j

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-20%2Bat%2B11.29.

Mydaily - Naver: "'Hwarang' gathering of handsome guys"... Park Seo Joon x Park Hyung Shik, visuals that captivate women's hearts 

1. [+1,288, -64] Park Seo Joon... thanks for changing your hairstyle ㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+1,106, -43] Handsome kid handsome kid handsome kid handsome kid

3. [+1,073, -87] Kim Taehyung's so handsome!!ㅋㅋㅋ Hwarang, hit daebak ~♡

4. [+660, -33] Park Seo Joon changed his hair colorㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+557, -30] They're all good looking...

6. [+335, -32] Good to see Taehyung smiling  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Meanwhile, they're all handsome..Hwarang fighting!!

7. [+283, -18] Kim Taehyung, Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Shik, too handsome ㅠㅠ Do well Hwarang

8. [+289, -28] Taehyung looks like a baby next to his hyungs ㅠㅠㅠ

9. [+286, -31] Taehyung-ah

10. [+209, -11] Such handsome guys. Can't wait for Hwarang

Source

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, MiAmour said:

HWARANG Poster released! :kiss_wink:

They looks amazing :wub:

Yay!!! Promotional images are starting to pop up. Though I'll admit I didn't expect such a flower boy image :blink: 

Additional poster from Weibo, though idk if it's official or not:

CwH_MN5WAAENzXC.jpg

6 minutes ago, karmarctic said:

Yay!!! Promotional images are starting to pop up. Though I'll admit I didn't expect such a flower boy image :blink: 

Additional poster from Weibo, though idk if it's official or not:

Somehow i hope to see Go Ara's teaser soon! 

Oh wait is in that Poster has Go Ara in it? No? LOL :sweatingbullets:

The Cast Of “Hwarang: The Beginning” Is Prettier Than Flowers In Latest Poster

Hwarang.png

Hwarang: The Beginning” has released a new group photo!

On November 1, the drama released a poster showing Park Seo JoonPark Hyung Sik, SHINee’s Choi Minho, BTS’s V, Do Ji Han, and Jo Yoon Woo.

The drama is set to air its first episode in December, and is 100 percent pre-produced. “Hwarang: The Beginning” is a drama that focuses primarily on the flower boy warriors that protected the capital of Silla.

The cast previously released a snapshot of the actors after wrapping up filming in September, and the drama has also released individual posters and descriptions for each character.

Are you excited for this upcoming drama?

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/31/cast-hwarang-the-beginning-is-prettier-than-flowers-in-latest-poster/

Park Seo-joon, Hyung Sik and others in "Flower Knights: The Beginning" poster

photo779124.jpg

Pretty boys from 1,500 years ago are coming.

The poster for the new drama "Flower Knights: The Beginning" has been released.

The poster features Park Seo-joon, Hyung Sik, Choi Min-ho, Do Ji-han, Jo Yoon-woo and Kim Tae-hyeong.

The poster shows the six knights on a field. The drama is a hopeful drama which shows how youths overcome difficulties and gain confidence.

Park Seo-joon (Moo-myeong / Seon-woo) and Hyung Sik (Sam Maek-jong) are right in the front of the poster. Their swords are crossed together but the boys are smiling.

Choi Min-ho (Soo-ho), Do Ji-han (Ban-ryu) and Jo Yoon-woo (Yeo-wool) and Kim Tae-hyeong (Han-seong) look beautiful behind them too. They have all come together under the name 'flower knights'.

The perfect harmony between the six young men is perfect as they look bright and energetic even in the poster. The female character played by Ko Ah-ra (Aro) hasn't been revealed yet.

"Flower Knights: The Beginning" is a youthful historical drama about the flower knights that existed 1,500 years ago. The drama is pre-produced and the first episode will be released in December.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/park-seo-joon-hyung-sik-and-others-in-flower-knights-the-beginning-poster-100079.html

Archived