Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I'm a trash for this ship. No shame in my game. 

More cute DCGall finds:

1. More fanfictions throught photos? It comes in two parts:

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=772164
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=799703

1. A series of photos, showing the common tropes used for the end game couples:

Phone Calls: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=788653&page=501
Coffee: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=788173&page=521

1. Hilarious compilation of Deoksun always reminding Taek to take care of himself, and Taek being a puppy for Deoksun: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=788629&page=502
  2. A cute MV during the kissing scene and the flashbacks: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=788154&page=521

• Like 23

@jungseocouple @melissala Agree with you guys!

I was teamSunWoo too at the first, but then he eliminated from the competition. Disappointed, yes.. because Sun Woo is really my ideal type. But then I have to move on, it's not even grand final yet for husband competition.

Going back to the arena, who will be Deok Sun's husband? There are Jung Hwan, Dong Ryong, and Taek. Dong Ryong? OMG I can't imagine a marriage between him and Deok Sun haha. Okay, Dong Ryong eliminated. Then we have Jung Hwan and Taek. I love Taek. I think it gonna be awesome if he can win Deok Sun's heart. But then I came back to the reality, Taek's airing time is too short for a lead male (or the winner) and the clues (I didn't follow the clues by myself that days, I just got it from many threads about R88. And I just.. oh yeah, it might be true..) showed that Jung Hwan is the endgame (sigh.. so the husband hunting just like that? too easy to guess).

Okay, I don't want my heart broke again like what happened in R94 and Doctor Stranger. So, I didn't put too much hope. I just using 'nothing to lose' strategy, so it won't be really hurt if I got wrong. Then my win win solution was like : "my head is for Jung Hwan but my heart will always belong to Taek."

But then the China trip changed everything. Eventhough I still relaxed and enjoyed the show (with my 'nothing to lose' strategy of course), but my hope increased for sure. Especially after Taek's confession in front of the boys (oohh this boy has courage), I getting more confidence about TaekSun.. haha. Then the show became more interesting as my ship getting closer and closer, and BAM! They are official.. hahaha. Well, my strategy was success.

The lesson is, don't be over confidence. Don't be over in every single part of our life, actually.

• Like 14

i was like that too, i liked taek more but  i thought it caouldn't be him so i just went for jw as the husband,but my eyes always went to look at deok sun and taek,i wasn't convinced even after the kiss because chilbong kissed the girl too but didn't get her so i was still for jw, head over heart but i couldn't keep myself from thinking that maybe is taek since the relationship with them was the one to have most time and also the fact that it was taek to be almost all the time inside the conversation of the group instead of jw,but then i was finally sure at ep 19...i paused for awhile then i was like a mad girl with no brain!finally my ship sailed i can't describe in words how happy i was and still am.:heart::blush:

• Like 6

Eventhought DS love story landed safely on Choi taek arm. I still love JH love story no matter what, because they are built JH character so much interesting and strong. I never hate JH character, but i hate his choice to keep hesitated on his own. I never hate RJY, i just hate some "idea" or "mindset" jh shipper #diehardfans. 

In the end DS such a lovely girl back then 1988. DS receive so much loves in her neighborhood. The story was end beautifully, i dont think we need to change the ending. Even as tk shipper i need tk ds have more screentime. 

Note: i still believe DS have "something" for JH, when she was in 1988. But, not really strong like her feeling for Choi Taek. Because if you are angry (like she was angry or hurt by JH) to someone, its not because you just hate them, but you have little sparkling in your heart about them (in their case, they are childhood friends) or you put some HOPE or EXPECTATION, that the reason why we can get angry or hurt by someones. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, jungseocouple said:

I just want to express my reaction on this article!!!!  

http://www.dramafever.com/news/answer-me-1988-fans-set-up-petition-to-change-ending/

SERIOUSLY REPLY 1988 ENDING CHANGE, My God, why?... Is it because your ship doesn't end up! ... Well it won't justify!!! and the ending seriously tells us that you need to re-watch the series all over again! so that you will have a new perspective on why does DS end up with Taek!!! ...You know when you watch REPLY 1988, you need the following 

So just enjoy it!!!! and be satisfied whether your ship sails or sinks.. besides this SERIES centers more on FAMILY and FRIENDSHIP aside from their youth and love life. Also if you are going to notice, they really don't give highlight on the TRIANGLE. Even from the beginning! 
‪#‎reply1988‬ ‪#‎dontchangetheending‬ ‪#‎besatisfied‬

Sorry to cut your post. I don't think the petition is about the ship but more about ending for the rest of drama characters.

I'm one of those who's gonna have a heart attack if they decide to change the ending, prolong the ending or even tweak the ending. I ABSOLUTELY love it the way it is, I love how open the ending is and how bitter sweet it is - not every character needs a closure. Damn it! The ending is what keep us discussing about the drama. If they watch the drama carefully, the closures were sublimely hinted in the dialogues, just use imagination rather than being blinded with the husband hunt.

I really don't care whom DS ended up with; I was never on anyone's ship but I love how writer dropped clues on TK on every episode, which is why I hang around the forum reading analysis. As I've mentioned in earlier post, this drama is the writer's story and she has done a brilliant job writing it. If you don't like it, just make your own fanfic, isn't that a more production solution?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kepogee said:

@aoikarin I took that scene differently. Before that sequence, it started with adult DS saying wanting to come back to Ssangmun-dong and just revisit her youth. Then that sequence started of what Ssangmun-dong being destroyed and dilapidated. We see each house in ruins, then we cut to Taek's house, suffering the same fate as others. When the door to Taek's room opens we see the boys hanging out without DS and we see DS in tears, I believe this is adult DS projecting her younger self. She perfectly remembers what the highlight of her youth is like: hanging out in Taek's room and watching movies. We see the distinct greetings of the boys: Dongryong and JH's greeting where true to their youth characters, but now SW's greeting has Bora's name attached to it and Taek's greeting being extra special (her future self projecting new dimensions to these boys). 

credits to dramabeans

Oh god, I'm crying remembering that scene. I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH. 

Heyya, you and I share the same interpretation on the ending. This is my favourite scene out of the entire drama. I bawled my eyes out watching this, and it still does this to me every time I rewatch it again; maybe because I know exactly how DS felt that time. It just perfectly visualises that yearning of youth and the nostalgia. And, I love it how it ends full circle with them watching A Better Tomorrow and their mums calling them for dinner, just like how it happened when they were kids.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kepogee said:

@nuckertuck @ladyfriday THANK YOU FOR THE FANFICS. A delight to read your take on DS and Taek's POV.

Thank you so much. And it's a delightful coincidence that you've mentioned the two of us together :P  I've going crack for the next one, so I hope you're ready to hopefully laugh! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mangachickava said:

So I was rewatching EP 7 the Secret Santa and I thought of a theme that emerged with three groups was all regarding communication. Of what is means to know someone so well that you know if they are lying and what they mean with their silence.

My thoughts on DS ending narration (credit from DB)

Deok-sun narrates: “We were at the age where we no longer believed in Santa, oh JJ is that you!? All she wanted was to eat ice cream with her favorite person, SW

and were no longer excited by a manitto game. It was an age where we weren’t satisfied by the excitement of a secret present.-->  secret present=JH’s gift, JH is not cutting it. He gave the gift, but along with he threw a lot of insults..i actually forgot how much he put her down :(

Palpitations filled us to the brim and made breathing difficult. Embarrassment made us feel like our hearts would burst. We wanted it to be known so badly, but didn’t want to be caught. notice DS scarf that looks like it is choking her in the scene with TK, notice how she took a deep breath before answering him…noticed how embarrassed she was for getting it wrong. DS multiple times said she wanted TK to be her secret santa, the fact she chose his gloves which were not the gloves she saw on tv proves that it was NEVER the gloves she cared about. It was the PINK=LOVE. I stand by this scene showing that intuitively DS was yearning to be romantically loved by TK.

ljtAasQmnEm7Zb1nSD8FsbQacjrhOeIYF6ZoU0Hn

Once you try to see  Deok Sun's story objectively her love for Taek was always there but it was hidden just like symbolism and mirroring scenes from us since it was hidden in Deok Sun's heart too that's why almost everything  fits this conclusion and we can  even answer the most  ambiguous questions  as much easily.  Narratives meant to voice matured thoughts of characters which means it's more like what they learned from experiences not foreshadowing or such so I know that your  interpretation is spot on ^^  I believe nothing was wasted on revealing Deok Sun's perspective everything she has said and done is significant to integrated storyline and shouldn't be ignored as distraction. Because after I linked them I noticed our question should not have been   ”Who Deok Sun really loves?” it should have been ”Why Deok Sun doesn't seem to know who or what she really loves?” this is question of regardless who she loves or their love story we only needed to see her character development  which is why answer was  embedded  on 1988 neither 1989 nor 1994 and first episodes were not only character introductions it was root of the cause ^^ 

• Like 14

On 1/23/2016 at 7:41 PM, packmule3 said:

I'm back @rynn_peace. Thanks to the [you know who]. ;)

I guess I'm bringing a blizzard with me.Three feet of snow and still accumulating. I'm cherishing those memories of ours with Warm and Cozy right this very minute. 

But we picked another winner here in Reply 1988. I think this is the strongest show of the series so far. The heroine was so much preferable than Eunji's character in Reply 1997. They were both spunky but DukSeon was a lot less self-absorbed and more relatable. As for the MALE LEAD gummybear? Lol. When I saw him posing with Seo In Guk at the awards night in December, I had to glue my fingers together to stop myself from telling you to make a note of that for posterity -- the two male leads were together. 

In a way, @rynn_peace, Choi Taek was this scriptwriter's way of atoning for the Chilbongie disaster. You see the problem with Chilbongie is that no matter how romantic he was, Trash always had an upperhand because he KNEW Najeung inside out.

In this series, the scriptwriter consciously and deliberately inverted that paradigm. No matter how romantic JH looked like, Choi Taek would always have the upperhand because HE, and only HE understood DS the best.

Why do you think TK kept on with those lies about being helpless with the chopsticks or being cold when he's actually a personal space-heater? Lol. Didn't you see how in Episode 20, DS finally figured out how suitable he was for hugging?  His friend SW knew all along. TK was lying not because he was clingy or manipulative or jealous. No. His answer is really simple. 

Also, why do you think in Episode 20, when DS was revisiting the Taec's room and she was all teary-eyed, she only stepped inside the room after TK beamed at her to come in then smiled at her reassuringly? 

And why do you think that proposal scene of JH is a dud? Honestly, I'd grade it a C for delivery and a D for content. Harsh, right? But the scriptwriter was very much "on point" with that proposal but it isn't what the shippers think at all. ;) If they actually READ the words, they'll find THE glaring omission. If a guy proposed like that to ME, I'd reject it too.  I'll have to explain another time.

Heyyyy.... 

Ladies, are you up for a rewatch in say... an hour? It's 7:40 am right now where I am so it must be 7:40 pm in Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong and 7:40 pm in the Philippines. Let's say we start at 8:30 ~ 8:40 ish? 

We can watch Episode 1 together. We start at the same time, pause the show if we see something interesting and post it online. Then press the play button again and continue watching. 

Like at 4:56, did you notice a bag hanging on TK's chair? Was that a schoolbag, too? Whose was it? When the kids left, the bag was still there. Lol. Interesting, eh? 

So yes, if there are at least 5 chatty ladies around, we can do a rewatch. @moonkeeper, @nearsea, @shooastrid and the other posters on that Chat line? 

Anybody can join us. The JH people can even lurk if they want or post if they want. I only request that they remember their proper place. This IS the TaecSun ship.

Both the JH shippers and the script-shippers like me are only guests aboard this ship, at the goodwill of the people here. 

Hope we can do a rewatch before I lose my internet connection. #blizzard2016

I've been away for 3 days and what a delightful surprise YOU'RE BACK!!!!

a rewatch I'm in.  I shouldn't away from soompi forum and now I'm late for  an epic rewatch :(

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time to stop my delusion over Bogum and Hyeri's undying chemistry. T_T

It feels like Yura's virtual marriage with Jong hyun that has come to and end. I hope they will still contact each other and remained friends. It's okay if they're not dating now there are things that can happen in the future like Deok Sun and Taek.

I just love how these two behave in reality , they are Deok sun and Taek in real life minus Ssangmundong and the Gang XD

Oh' and there's Hyeri's dating history dating an older guy- RJY is 8 years older than her what if...

I just keep on watching HyerixBogum moments, scenes and bts. Aigooo~ 

My heart 

• Like 5

On January 23, 2016 at 7:41 AM, packmule3 said:

Why do you think TK kept on with those lies about being helpless with the chopsticks or being cold when he's actually a personal space-heater? Lol. Didn't you see how in Episode 20, DS finally figured out how suitable he was for hugging?  His friend SW knew all along. TK was lying not because he was clingy or manipulative or jealous. No. His answer is really simple. 

@packmule3 this video is for you.  Rough translation of the video below so you can follow along with what is being said.

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v2143TCTdcGkTfXfEE4Ed77?autoPlay=false&

Title:  Plan Taek

DR:  You don't drink, you don't date girls.  What fun is there in your life?  Isn't there anything you want to do?  Other than playing baduck, isn't there anything that you want to do?

[THAT GIRL]

DR:  It's not that I want to discourage you, but what cannot be done cannot be done.

[DANGEROUS GAME]

TK:  What happens if I win?

[ROMANTIC]

DR:  Why, if you win, you do whatever you want

[SEDUCTION]

TK:  Ah ....

[SUCCESSFUL]

SW:  Oh, so warm.  This rascal is so warm.  He's like a human space heater.  Why are you so warm.

TK:  Don't.

[HEATTEAK  ATTACK]

[Step 1:  Appeal]

TK:  DeokSun

[Step 2:  Make your mark]

DS:  Choi Taek.  Do you know that it's January?

TK:  Why?  What have I done wrong? (*grin*)

DS:  Aren't you cold?

TK:  It's [your house] right in front of our nose, it's alright.

[Step 3:  Finish off]

TK:  Aren't you cold?

DS:  I'm not cold. But aren't you cold?

TK:  Me?  A little.

[At this moment, I'm vvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy cold]

DS:  You should close your zipper.

[SUCCESS]  

(Big Bogummy grin)

DS:  What, you're in bare feet?!!!

[EARNING EXTRA POINTS]

DS:  It's not that.  He lent 10,000,000 won to one of his seniors again yesterday.

Trio: WHAT??!!!!

DS:  I made it myself.

TK:  Really?

DS:  No!

[THE "TAEK FROM SSANGMUNGDONG DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING" ATTACK]

TK:  Director . . . this.

Director:  What is this?

TK:  Everyone worked really hard.  Please at least buy them a drink.

Director:  What?

TK:  Please take care of the filming crew.

[ALTHOUGH HE MAY NOT KNOW HOW TO TIE HIS SHOELACES, A MAN WHO KNOWS THE WORLD]

DS:  How can you survive in this rough dangerous world being like that?

[GETTING HER ATTENTION 1]

DS:  Okay, repeat after me.  "I don't want to."

TK:  "I don't want to."

[GETTING MORE OF HER ATTENTION]

[THE "BEING LEFT-HANDED IS HARD" ATTACK]

[HE IS A DUMMY?]

[IT'S NOT THAT HE CAN'T DO IT, IT'S THAT HE DOESN'T DO IT]

TK:  What are you doing next Saturday?

DS:  Me?  Why?

TK:  Leave Saturday open.

[PLAYING HARD TO GET]

TK:  DeokSun?  It's me, Taek.  I don't think I can make it tomorrow.

DS:  It's an important appointment?

TK:  I really have to be there.

DS:  Understood.

[THE PLAN'S FINAL DESTINATION]

[THIS SCENT IS SURELY DEOKSUN, BUT MUST PRETEND NOT TO KNOW IT]

DS:  Hey, Master Choi!  Chin up!

[SHE'S CAUGHT]

[YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED IN SEDUCING SONG DEOKSUN]

DS:  Taek!  Heedong!

Edited by fangurling123
  • Like 19

47 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

@packmule3 this video is for you.  Rough translation of the video below so you can follow along with what is being said.

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/v2143TCTdcGkTfXfEE4Ed77?autoPlay=false&

T

Why, thank you, @fangurling123!  But why is this video for me? :huh: May I share it with the other ladies here? Sharing is caring.

I'm impressed with the amount of talent to be found here. We have people who translate, draw pictures, analyze, teach us baduk, make gifs, research information, check out twitter and facebook (nope I don't have FB, twitter, instagram),  and all the 1001 things that go to running this ship.

Me? If it was all up to me, I'd be stuck with the Korean language. You see, I'm a bit OCD. 

This is me without the people here...

Spoiler

Clueless. :)

reply%201988%20hangul_zpsdga6tixy.jpg

Why is that A upside down???? Horrors! 

• Like 8

On January 23, 2016 at 7:41 AM, packmule3 said:

I didn't make this video, it was made by a Korean user on Daum.net.  I just reposted it here because it was so fitting and illustrates your point so well.

Love your insights!

Edited by fangurling123
  • Like 7

I just don't get it why JH's shippers stubbornly insist 2015 hubby is JH just by his appearance when he looks nothing like JH except his hairstyle. 

Seriously,  if we watch closely up to ep 10, every time 2015 hubby appears he came out with different personality which represents each one of the 4 friends. 

1) The chocolate issue in ep 2, hubby represents SW. His gentle voice yet raising it when he's annoyed/angry is similar to the neighbourhood sweetheart SW, approachable, gentle & kind but has a foul temper when angry.

2) The music festival mix up in ep 6 hubby now comes out with TK's character. He got confused with most of the entertainment stuff since TK often gets confused abt things that has no importance to him.  Also when wife brought up his dating issue he quickly change the topic instead of teasing wife with her own dating history,  to avoid confrontation.  TK hates confrontation, he gave up DS becos of JH, lied to DR, saying he too didn't know abt SW-BR also to avoid confrontation. 

3) The 1989 picture memoir, hubby is now DR with his quick sarcasm & mischievous remarks.. of cos by now we know DR is quick with sarcasm & bizarre remarks

4) 2015 NE came visiting the couple, here hubby resembles JH with his casualness to almost being rude. JH that we know often said something different that what he's thinking. Also although he's sensitive & a deep person,  he's not an affectionate one. His loud & rude words is how he shows his affection.

However in each future scenes there's always a bit of TK included either in conversation or by hubby's actions.

In Chocolate issue ~ hubby went for a smoke ~ TK is the only one from the group who smokes 

In Music Festival mixed up ~ the way hubby sneak away when wife started to dance ~ only Tk would sneak away when DS started her crappy dance 

1989 Picture Memoir ~ wife comments about hubby's selective memory ~ only TK out of the 4 boys, has the same issue as pointed out by DR.

In 2015 NE visit ~ Hubby, wife & old NE joke abt the conversation that only involved DS, NE & TK way back in 1989.

Also from the beginning it was very consistent the hubby was shown/indicated as a left handed man which can only apply to Taek. 

So, back to the issue TK as husband was a last minute decision? No way! JH was never intended as the husband. All along his feelings was just abt his feelings,  never his romance with DS because there wasn't any! We all know his side of the story, when & how he falls for DS, and we know DS side of the story when she starts crushing on JH & her confusion on JH's action,  but they both didn't  know how they feel abt each other. Infact they become more distant from each other. By the time DS realised JH's true feelings, she too has figure out her own feelings,  that TK is very special & important to her & she's already in love with him (Tk).

Off the drama set, one reason I strongly believe TK is the husband & suspect PBG knew he's gonna be the end game when he filmed v app with HR, she kiss the little girl, Juri & tell that to the camera. PBG at the time was setting the table & he mumbled "No, you can't". Surprised HR ask him why. Flustered & embarrassed BG suddenly greet the camera again, so HR asked why did he greet again...so to me his reaction is either one of these 2

1) He mumbled as his character TK, not liking DS giving her first kiss to little Juri..

2) He mumbled as himself, PBG, jealous that HR kissed little Juri instead of himself....

Though I prefer reason (2), I have to go for reason (1) :) which why I strongly believe Taektanic will stay afloat when many thoughts it would sink.

• Like 16

About the Daum fanvideo..

I like the idea that Taek actually can do all those stuff people did for him, he just won't bother to act them out until finally it became a habit lol.

His dad said he act clingy to person he likes and he's clingy in front of all his friends to express his weird 'aegyo' to them (I don't know if he throw that bait especially to Deoksun but sometimes other guys 'eat' his bait and he didn't mind because he loves them too).

our Heedong has the thirst for love since his Mum left too soon :( he wants to be taken care of, he likes it and got used to it.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, fangurling123 said:

I didn't make this video, it was made by a Korean user on Daum.net.  I just reposted it here because it was so fitting and illustrates your point so well.

Love your insights!

Sooooo people finally figured him out, eh? :D I knew they could do it. Just give it time and people would discover it themselves.

YES. Taek's answer/reasoning is very simple. He loves DS and he knows that DS likes to fuss so HE allows her to fuss. He's indulging her. 

Like in Episode 20.

Check out the scene of 2016 TK and DS at 1:38:49 when he was trying to open the tin of Danish Butter Cookies. No, he wasn't being "clingy" then; he didn't asked for help; he didn't need her help. 

He already got the lid off.  Did you notice that? lol.

Yet she took the whole tin from him, from his hands – without stopping to pause her interview -- and proceeded to open it for him. SHE assumed that he couldn’t do it. And HE didn’t complain and tell her that, “I GOT THIS, WOMAN! Get your hands off. Don't baby me.”  

Or to use a term often used in Gender Studies at universities: "Don't emasculate me!"

Another different "manly" Alpha-male type of man would find this level of pampering or coddling very emasculating. But for Taec, it didn't matter, he tolerated it, even indulged in it because it made her feel important, wanted, needed.

DR actually pointed this out in Episode 5 when he lectured JH. He told JH that the reason HIS mom was angry at him, his dad and Hyung, after she came back home and found the place nice and neat was that "you guys were doing so well, even without Mom." ;)

So, that kind of relationship between DS and TK, that understanding, that symbiosis is unique…considering that Taekie recognized -- on his own -- this part of DS' human nature since 1988. 

Neat, huh? ;)

• Like 23

^ Thanks for pointing out the cookie scene, packmule3.

Haven't had time for a rewatch, but I've been wondering about DS' baduk lesson scene. TK just had to clumsily try to open the yogurt right after DS failed to solve the rubix cube... He couldn't possibly be this clumsy when there's no one around, right? He does travel overseas without his dad sometimes and is often left undisturbed in his room, so he can't possibly struggle with life basics all the time?? Was he doing that because he realized how frustrated DS was becoming at her inability to focus / lack of brainy intelligence? And wanted her to see that she could be smart in more practical ways? Or was the show simply trying to contrast TK's high IQ vs. common sense intelligence?

• Like 11