Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

3 hours ago, chloee34 said:

No sight of folded pants and white socks here ha ha that's new oppa :D 

Cr: ryu__S2_

I want to kiss his stylist today haha!!! Good job!!! First this then the couple umbrella attire at the fansign! 

Thank you everyone for sharing goodies :) There will be more to come!

• Like 5

Ryu Jun-yeol turns abusive in 'No Tomorrow'

9sxnnl.jpg

Ryu Jun-yeol, second from right, from movie "No tomorrow" / Courtesy of Naver

By Kwon Ji-youn

Ryu Jun-yeol, who catapulted to stardom on tvN's "Reply 1988," will play a villain in the film "No tomorrow."

The actor, 29, will star alongside Bae Sung-woo, Park Hyo-joo, and Lee Hyun-wook in the crime thriller, set for a March 3 release.

The film is based on the so-called "salt farm incident" that made headlines in Korea in 2014. It was reported that two disabled people were forced to work under slave-like conditions on salt farms, which led to wider inhumane labor conditions across the salt industry being exposed

The narrative follows the mysterious deaths of island salt farm workers, and the efforts of a television reporter, the only witness and survivor, who falls into a coma while working on a story about the salt farm.

6hp91u.jpg

Ryu and Hyeri from "Reply 1988" / Courtesy of tvN

Ryu will play the salt farm owner's son, Ji-hoon, who physically and verbally abuses the workers.

In "Reply 1988," he played a student who falls in love with a childhood friend, but his best friend also has feelings for her.

Ryu is expected to join the ranks of Yoo Ah-in, Namgung Min and Lee Dong-ha, who are known for convincing portrayals of violent and abusive people. According to the producers, Ryu has undergone a significant makeover for role.

Source :
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/02/201_198043.html

• Like 23

Ryu Jun-yeol takes on villainous role

Published : 2016-02-15 14:02

m10ug.jpg

Actor Ryu Jun-yeol turned into a villain for the upcoming thriller movie “No tomorrow.” 

According to the production company, Ryu drastically transformed himself for the character. Even though he was given a relatively small role, Ryu went through various changes such as dying a section of his hair bright yellow and putting on braces.

Through talking extensively with the director, Ryu had come up with the unique concept for the character himself. The braces represent the wealth of Ruy’s villainous character in the film and his hairdo is meant to make him look like a gangster. 

In the film, Ryu takes on the role of Heo Jihoo, the son of a huge salt farm on an island. Heo is a cruel character who uses his power to pick on the weak. He brutally abuses the farm’s workers by cursing and violently hitting them. 

“No tomorrow” also stars Bae Sung-woo, Park Hyo-joo, and Lee Hyun-wook. It will be in theaters from March. 

By Kim Ji-young(christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

Source :
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160215000787

• Like 14

@Boranoona glad to see you here. Yes that hyeri pick up his  mobile without  asking him when he was busy chstting with sangchulie and donghwi is  soo cute. She  seems  want  to know his pp background  (did he  already change it  into  namibia photos or still that movie poster.  ). Its  like she doing it nonchalantly and out of her curiosity.

@ktiminie yes..she  did. She tease him.:wub:and i notice that hyeri  keep  turning  her head  to  her left like eardropping and checking  what this oppa is doing.  Only two tines  turn  to the other  side. but why oppa so tsundere toO?? Hahaha

@pi2tni4ng wah i  didnt knew  the story of no  tomorrow...its like a very deep and meaningful movies

• Like 9

Oppa, RJY on naver news from yesterday's fansign event, love love love the fans cheering for him!

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000130634

I'm not sure if this is the translation of what he said in this video, I hope someone can confirm:

" “Thank you so much for coming, both people waiting in the front and back,” said Ryu. “It’s sad that people in the back (could not receive the autographs) but we will meet again.” -- Source

More fan taken vids from yesterday's event:

• Like 21

Ryu Jun Yeol was not putting the braces FOR the movie, BUT he postponed his braces removal schedule FOR the movie No Tomorrow bec the Director ask for his understanding which he complies. The Director said it in one of his interview.

I don't know if you guys have noticed that according to KAFA, Director Lee Jiseung was the Producer of Korean Unit for Avengers 2, he coordinated the whole filming process in Korea. Ryu Junyeol is so lucky have worked with him, and top of that, the Director continuously praises him. 

I wish the Reply1988 concert to be soon coming and over, so the thread will not be too shipping... As for now I'm kinda understand ppl still excited for every little tiniest thing about the two.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Ladywhise said:

Oppa, RJY on naver news from yesterday's fansign event, love love love the fans cheering for him!

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=404&aid=0000130634

I'm not sure if this is the translation of what he said in this video, I hope someone can confirm:

" “Thank you so much for coming, both people waiting in the front and back,” said Ryu. “It’s sad that people in the back (could not receive the autographs) but we will meet again.” -- Source

More fan taken vids from yesterday's event:

Aww oppa must have felt so bad for those standing at the back just to get a glimpse of them. 

Have you ever wondered how oppa will look in glasses?

CbRrJYKUkAA2_u5.jpg

CbRrJYNUYAIFK37.jpg

CbRrJYOVAAAesQj.jpg

cr 

핑거 @RYU_finger

• Like 19

37 minutes ago, ryuxuri said:

@aprodithe but I find that white socks is cute for him. For me he's flawless. I just love him from head to toe :wub:

yes, it's cute. and made him different than the other. i dont mind actually, but when he keep that style for like 732435764 times, i found that funny and yes, i love to made fun of him. he even made fun of himself hahahaha

• Like 4