Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

Socialphobia is not just teenage movie, it is genius and full of morality lesson in it. Actually when I watched it last year, I like Ryu Junyeol as Yangge more than Junghwan. i have fallen to Ryu Junyeol's Yangge acting. When I watched him as Junghwan, I kept telling myself he's the same person who played Yangge. Kkkkk~~ it's not he used high pitch voice for Yangge but he matched his voice to be Junghwan. Most of his previous projects before Reply1988, such as SonNarae, People in Rush, No Tomorrow, Nowhere, Drawing are in Yangge pitch. But for Junghwan he lowered his pitch. Even his voice do the acting. Crazy this Oppa! 

I think I can imagine him as Jihoon in No Tomorrow, now I'm curious about Jigoong (Glory Day) and Dooil (The King) so excited!!! (by the time The King starts filming on Feb, hopefully Junyeolie has move on from Junghwan feel) 

The Late Spring Grandma short information has been posted by EoR. And the he has another movie to be released "A boy who cried wolf" where he played Dongcheol. 

@shunklunk maybe I can help you, maybe you can share which part of it you're confused about? :) 

• Like 23

It's amazing that our RJY was casted in several movies (socialphobia, late sping grandma, glory day, more?) even before he joined any company. And all just in the span of less than 2 years. As far as I know, Reply 1988 cast was only fixated in April, so he received the roles purely by TALENT. JH role will not be any kind of one hit wonder for him. This is only the warm up :") *smiles and tears up like a proud mama*

• Like 18

@tituyphing I'll put it under spoiler in case some of you haven't watch the movie yet...

Spoiler

hm it's actually only in the last part of the movie, yongmin told the guys he killed Min Hayoung because the pressured he got, right? And by the way... What is it about the article/news they're talking about at the opening of the movie? I'm reluctant to rewatch because I got dizzy lmao. 

Oh, I'm also confused because Min Hayoung's room doesn't have a police line? I mean, there's someone who just committed suicide there. And, why didn't the police try to stop their activity? And to think that they've accused the wrong person (that CEO guy i forget his name), he just let it pass... 

((I'M SO SORRY for any grammar errors hu hu..))

Btw, that scene in Socialphobia where it only shows the chatroom when they're accusing Dodori, it's freakng scary and i got goosebumps lol..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shunklunk said:

@tituyphing I'll put it under spoiler in case some of you haven't watch the movie yet...

Hide contents

hm it's actually only in the last part of the movie, yongmin told the guys he killed Min Hayoung because the pressured he got, right? And by the way... What is it about the article/news they're talking about at the opening of the movie? I'm reluctant to rewatch because I got dizzy lmao. 

Oh, I'm also confused because Min Hayoung's room doesn't have a police line? I mean, there's someone who just committed suicide there. And, why didn't the police try to stop their activity? And to think that they've accused the wrong person (that CEO guy i forget his name), he just let it pass... 

((I'M SO SORRY for any grammar errors hu hu..))

Btw, that scene in Socialphobia where it only shows the chatroom when they're accusing Dodori, it's freakng scary and i got goosebumps lol..

That scene was one of my favorites too!

It didn't need to have the actual actors typing, or even reading the chats.. the words themselves speak SO MUCH T_T That's how scary their internet culture is! Well, same goes for everyone acting in communities like this.

Such a really good movie. It makes you feel empty and think about lots of stuff after the end..

• Like 10

whoa oppa is starring in a movie with Kim Go Eun?? I MUST watch that :wub:  does anyone know what role will he play in the movie?? I find it funny how BYH's best friend and ex are starring in a movie together, wouldn't it be awkward if RJY invited BYH to the premiere screening. lol

@shunklunk This is for you. And sorry I'm typing on mobile so it will be messy. And this is spoiler of the movie. If anyone haven't watch yet and dislike spoiler Pls don't click the show button 

Spoiler

Min hayoung, is Beca, aka keyboard warrior (kinda ilbe community members, if you ever heard about this). She was doing activity like criticizing people and revealed all the things of his target on internet. Once her target was Jang semin the Hotel CEO, then Dodori, there's always the reason why Beca do that, to reveal their wrongdoing but sometimes it ruins someone else's life. Jang semin can get out easily since he's wealthy but not Dodori, Dodori needs to change his name and moved out to find new life, and runaway from internet bullies. On the first part of the movie, Beca aka Rena, leave a bad remark of Korean men who served the Army, the case was an Army being left out somewhere by their unit with a gun then he killed himself with that gun. Rena's remark makes everyone angry yet curious. Everyone wants to punish her and get her apologize for the man who died. So Yangge and all gathered for Hyeonpi (English sub said PKing, which I don't understand what is that, I understand the Korean but not the English word kkkk) 

Yongmin didn't kill her, Min Hayoung killed herself bec she was watching yangge's broadcast live, she knows these guys are coming to see her. Yongmin exactly doing what Rena/Beca did to him. Unknowingly he did exactly the same. Yongmin thought Rena did all the things with winning smile on her face but actually she was also lived in fear all the time just like yongmin. Yongmin and the guys trying to find the killer, but actually Rena killed herself bec seeing them approaching. Yongmin is feel so guilty to Jiwoong, bec he  brought him into this, nothing can erase their red record bec there's no killer after all. 

I'm actually feel bad to Rena, but I couldn't understand her at all. Why there's such a person doing the stuff on internet, revealing about someone else's life and privacy. The internet society are too easy too swayed. Yongmin should have just get that video to police and then everyone would know, why did Rena do that on that day. But he couldn't help himself to get bullied twice. He choose to suicide (glad it failed)

I also love the chatting part when they are accusing Dodori. When I read Yangge said : Sorry Dodori this chat room is broadcasted. I feel the chills and I can hear Yangge's laugh in my head. The movie is just super good. And I like one more scene. Where Yongmin and Yangge starts picking at each other. All of their expressions are just too good, Ryu Junyeol, Lee Juseung Byun Yohan, were super really realistic. 

I wish it helps~~

@iloveenglishsubs Gonna add, Intoogi where he only played very small part, No Tomorrow where the director choose him and made the character for him around Yangge. Then Robot,Sori and Boy who cried wolf. In those movies he got casted before joining any agency and before Reply1988. So RJY's talent is no joke. He'll be even more greater after this, as Ryu Junyeol, not as any role he played!! Fighting Ryu!

• Like 7

I watched socialphobia today!!! whoa this movie is really amazing. i'm glad junyeol oppa was able to participated here:wub: AND I CAN HEAR JUNYEOL OPPA SINGING GUYYYS HIS VOICE IS NICE, i want him to sing louderT_T but seriously yangge is really annoying here hahahahahahahaha yeokshi ryu junyeol oppa, he can play any character! (oh! and yohan oppa is really handsome goshh)

• Like 11

I wonder what type of activities RJY will have at his fanmeeting and how long it will go on for LOL (going by his v-app here). I wonder if he will do something special like sing or dance that starts normally do at these events. I also wonder if he will invite a guest(s). If he does, I totally want him to invite Byun Yo Han or Ji Soo, LDH, just bring the whole freaking squad LOL. It would be lovely if he would bring my Jungbong :wub:

I need to watch Socialphobia both my loves are in there...*goes to find it*

• Like 16

finally can log in...and we're in 105 pages...wohoooo

just finish Socialphobia and it freak me out how scary this community online can be. to the point of loosing someone live. iam glad that RJY took this kind of role because this role ia memorable even than.the lead. its just because this is indie movie, it didnt produced in.a big scale. 

now i cant wait for No Tommorow to be release, and Glory Days...and Reply 88 concert, YOF, fan meeting...and off couse the moviewith Jung woosung and Jo insung. though its start on March buy i believe there will be photos and update everywhere. 

• Like 10