[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

1 minute ago, honeywell said:

The background music during JH's emotional/jeep scene is the same one they used in the finale when Na Jung broke down when Trash finally asked for her help. :bawling:

The rest of the week is gonna be tough,  I suspect it will be about TK in episode 19.

I think rather than TK, episode 19 really should be about DS and her pov. She need to narrate the episode, like JH did in episode 18. Only by doing that, the writer can finally end the love triangle and tell the viewers who is the husband.

• Like 12

Sorry to say this.

I think its clear from today's episode that Jung Hwan is no longer in contention for the husband role. I do like Jung Hwan x Deok Sun but in today's episode I believe that Jung Hwan himself accepted that this was it for him. The so called fake confession was a big step for Jung Hwan, and I do believe that Deok Sun knows that it was sincere but judging from her reaction she does not reciprocate the feelings back. And the ring being left was very symbolic. It showed that Jung Hwan was no ready to move on from his crush/love of 6 years. I think all the flash back and the confession showed end of first love for Jung Hwan. And after the fake confession it was as if all the weight was lifted off of his shoulders. He seemed to finally be free from all the anxiety that had been building up. 

I hope the writer will try to pair him up with someone in the final two episodes and give him a happy ending too. 

And all this writer hate I am seeing, I just don't understand it. It is the writers story to tell whichever way he/she likes it. We are not to judge, berate and threaten the writers for not doing what we want. We should be just happy we are able to experience such a good drama. Just because the couple we shipped doesn't get paired together doesn't take away our enjoyment from all the previous episodes. 

Anyways Goodluck to Deok Sun x Taek. BUT I REALLY HOPE THEY GIVE JUNG HWAN A NEW PARTNER IN NEXT TWO EPISODES AND DONT LEAVE HIM BY HIMSELF.

• Like 1

So I again did some rewatching as the obsessive fangirl I am and here is again a song that truly reflects Junghwans growing feelings toward Deoksun :

answer03-00836.jpg

source of picture : dramabeans

It's Sobangcha- Last Night :

....I faced heartache alone

....Why didn't my friends see how miserable I looked?

....Even if I were to offer the whole world to you

....Nothing would change

....Why don't you know that?

....I was depressed by myself

• Like 24

31 minutes ago, nhaninie said:

it just my imagination..

what if deoksun already know jh liked her? thats why her reaction really calm (i think). maybe taek is the one who told her everything.

it just my wild imagination #teamnoexpectationbutstillimaginethings

Amen if this happens. AMEN.

I agree with what you say about her reaction being really calm, which could be interpreted as DS knowing JH likes her since so long ago.

I have one imagination too, which may not be true though. Maybe TK did tell her that JH also likes her, but what if he did it after actually confessing to her? Like "Deoksun-ah... If I have to be honest, I've actually liked you since a long time ago. I'm sorry I can only let you know about this now, because someone who's dear to me also loves you. You know who that is, right?" This is where DS will be too shocked as she heard the truth. I guess TK would then know DS doesn't like him back just from her expression after he told her that their dear friend likes her too.

So, I guess if this scenario and crazy imagination is true, then DS might have expected TK to come to the cafe because maybe TK promised DS to make JH confess in front of everyone, but TK decided not to come because he actually just can't do it. TK cancelled his date with DS the other time, so why can't he cancel his promise again this time? 

I think DS was a bit startled at first but her expressions seemed calm, why? because she already expected him to confess anyway and resolve the problem with TK in front of the gang. But turns out he did it out of his own will, but unfortunately DR thought it was a joke and somehow everybody believed it, but I'm still unsure about whether DS believed it was just a joke or not, but I guess she didn't take it as a joke. Plus, DS was disappointed but after that she was smiling and she was happy after the whole "joke confession" thing because at least DS knew he was speaking the truth and not lies. 

Seriously can't wait for next week's ep....

• Like 10

Wow, things are a bit tense on the MT... I would hope that people calm down and don't overreact too quickly... With Reply series you never know so I would be cautious either way you know. I remember at the end of R1994, more and more things were pointing towards CB and then bang, Trash was back in the picture (suddenly yes and no, he was never out but the way the stroy was told, he seemed out, seemed being the key word here).

Okay confession time for me:

I am a JH/DS shipper and I still am. I'll be till the end, I just cannot get into Taek and DS, personal choice and sensitivity ot their interactions.

But a small part of me wants it to end here for JH and DS. Just a small part of me...

I really liked JH confession and I loved how the episode was centered around the question of timing and fate, as well as courage. It was so nicely done. Showing how fate was against them (the missing each other in the street, the red lights) and how JH just could not master the courage to properly confess and act upon his feelings. It was just perfection and so realist.

So because of that, I kinda wish that it would end here. The perfect missed love.

You know, life is like that. You love someone for a long time, you don't dare to confess and then it's too late and what is left is just full of regrets. You just need to move on and accept that...

That said, I am still 60% convinced that JH is the husband! (Yeah, for the newbies, I've always been that low!)

Somehow, it just feels too easy... and the red-herring is so huge that I think it would be a waste not to turn the whole thing around...

At this point, all we have to do is just wait and see....

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, callmegiggles said:

My take on the confession-not-confession:

DS knows.

She knows he is sincere. He talked about all the things he's done for her. He talked about the secrets between the two of them. The pink shirt that only the two of them know about. Him waiting for her with an umbrella when she leaves the study hall.

She might not know about the waiting at the door for an hour and that may be new to her. But she knows what she's done before. She waited for him to go to school. She's done the same.

Also when he was confessing-not-confessing, he held a steady gaze. He was sure. It was his all or nothing moment. Compare that to the time when he told her he wouldn't go to the concert. So much shifty eyes and twitchy body language.

Now the ball is in DS's court and she's gotta decide how she's going to play.

I agree with you. DS sure know that JH confession is true.

it's enough just DS and JH that knows the confession are true

screw DR and SW think that's a joke. 

I'm sure in DS and JH deeply heart they know each other that the confession are reallyyyyyy true. 

Maybe DS just waiting for his blind date a.k.a the two timer... because she doesn't know that she is cheated by his blind date. 

I WILL STAY POSITIVE THINKING. I WILL. I Will. I will. i will. Junghwan must be the husband

I'm not sure:(

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ic3chubb3 said:

JH's confession to DS:

Deoksun-ah

I wanted to give this to you during graduation this year but somehow giving it to you only now.
I like you.
I said I like you.
Ya, do you even know the things I've done because of you?
I used to wait for over an hour every day in front of our house gates just to go to school together with you.
I couldn't go to sleep at all because I was so worried whenever you are not back home from the library.
"Why is she so late? Did she fell asleep again?"
Ya, you were everything on my mind. You!
When we chanced upon each other on the bus, when we went to the concert together, and when you gave me the shirt as my birthday gift on my birthday. I was really so happy that I thought I'm going crazy.
I missed you a dozen times even each day, and I was just really happy each time when I could see you.
I wanted to tell you this a long time before.

I really like you.
I love you.

Script in Korean because it's so beautiful that I'm crying.

덕선아

올해 졸업할 때 줄려 그랬는데 이제준다
나 너 좋아해
좋아한다구
야 내가 너 때문에 무슨 짓 까지 했는 줄 아냐?
너랑 같이 학교갈려구 매일아침 대문앞에서 한시간넘게 기다리구
너 독서실에서 집에 올 때 까지 나 너 걱정돼서 한 숨도 못 잤어
얘가 왜 이렇게 늦지? 또 잠들었나?
야 내 신경은 온통 너였어 너
버스에서 우연히 마주쳤을 때 같이 콘서트 갔을 때
그리고 내 생일날 너한테 셔츠선물 받았을 때
나 정말 좋아서 돌아버리는 줄 알았어
하루에도 열두번도 더 보고싶고 만나면 그냥 좋았어
옛날부터 얘기하고 싶었는데 나 너 진짜 좋아

사랑해

This confession is too good to be true. The sweetest confession ever. I wish someone would say those thing to me like that #desperate

• Like 12

after calming my self and patiently back reading almost 80 pages, I'm still TeamJungHwan! Aigoo.. I got mixed feeling after watch this ep, but finally I managed my sanity back.

2 more pages to 400 guuuyss..!! and almost 8000 POST! OMGG

About JH confession..it was beautiful!!! i kept replaying that scene.

For the next ep, I don't know what to think.. but it fun reading all your insight and rant.

STAY STRONG!!

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, miss_p93 said:

so DS is going to try all of them and then pick one among them? i really hate this idea :/  

Please don't say it that way :( She's not picking one among them, she's just confused. Although we don't see it, I know DS already has that one person in her heart, regardless if he likes her or not. 

• Like 4

Guest wizengamot

So someone said in the MT

WHAT IF THE REASON DS KEEPS LOOKING AT THE DOOR WHENEVER IT OPENED IS BECAUSE SHE WAS  WAITING FOR TK. BECAUSE AFTER THE CONCERT TK CONFESSED TO HER AND SHE TURNED HIM DOWN SO SHE'S WORRIED THAT TK MIGHT NOT SHOW UP BECAUSE SHE REJECTED HIM

because really, the way she is smiling while JH is confessing really shows that she still likes JH,

She give her full attention when JH was speaking.

She was only looking at the door before the confession

btw,

DR said while JH was confessing, "Is this real?" something like that

7 minutes ago, serenitymal said:

Sorry to say this.

I think its clear from today's episode that Jung Hwan is no longer in contention for the husband role. I do like Jung Hwan x Deok Sun but in today's episode I believe that Jung Hwan himself accepted that this was it for him. The so called fake confession was a big step for Jung Hwan, and I do believe that Deok Sun knows that it was sincere but judging from her reaction she does not reciprocate the feelings back. And the ring being left was very symbolic. It showed that Jung Hwan was no ready to move on from his crush/love of 6 years. I think all the flash back and the confession showed end of first love for Jung Hwan. And after the fake confession it was as if all the weight was lifted off of his shoulders. He seemed to finally be free from all the anxiety that had been building up. 

I hope the writer will try to pair him up with someone in the final two episodes and give him a happy ending too. 

And all this writer hate I am seeing, I just don't understand it. It is the writers story to tell whichever way he/she likes it. We are not to judge, berate and threaten the writers for not doing what we want. We should be just happy we are able to experience such a good drama. Just because the couple we shipped doesn't get paired together doesn't take away our enjoyment from all the previous episodes. 

Anyways Goodluck to Deok Sun x Taek. BUT I REALLY HOPE THEY GIVE JUNG HWAN A NEW PARTNER IN NEXT TWO EPISODES AND DONT LEAVE HIM BY HIMSELF.

You don't need to be sorry dear as you just misinterpreted everything. I can assure you that JH is the husband especially after today's episode. 

• Like 9

omg guyss before i was sadd after seeing everybody dissapointed that the confession was "fake" but i just watched the video with subs and I actually like the scene??? am i crazy for liking the scene?? 

now all i need is deoksun's pov. pls give me that pls and show who she really likes pdnim writernim.

really cant wait for next week. although my kokoro is still hurting, bring it on shin pd *prepares box of tissue*

Edited by Lia10
  • Like 7

I'll sue Shin pdnim for psychological and emotional stress. I did not even notice that I had become a superstar and i looked forward to that <_<

So you say uri Cheetah is pregnant? And will get another Kim boy ( i want it to be boy) :smirk: 

DS certainly knows that JH was sincere. We just need to be patient and wait for ONE more week for things to be cleared. We'll finally see whom DS likes/loves, and I'm sure she liked JH way before she liked SW just as i was sure that JH liked her before alley scene.

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

Article: R1988, Ryu Jun Yeol confessed to Hyeri.... but in the end love is about timing.

[1] Writer-nim ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ is currently feeding us yeot (actually "eat yeot" or 엿먹어 is fck you in korean...i'm not sure by what they mean feed us yeot, but it sure has some relation with that phrase) [+22177 , -697]

"Eat yeot" means eat d*ck... also fck you.

Yeot is a sticky, long thingy (hence the d*ick image) you eat, a bit like toffee, made of rice and other grains. It is used to wish good luck for exams for instance, since it is sticky. It sticks, so it will stick to you. The exam... which means you'll succeed.

But it can also be used to insult someone. If I remember correctly, last Soccer World Cup, the Korean team lost early and when they came back, people were throwing yeot candies at them. I did not understand why and asked a friend and she explained that it meant that they sucked.

Edit: I found this and it explains it so much better than me!

http://askakorean.blogspot.fr/2014/06/sweet-delicious-eff-you.html

• Like 7