[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest wizengamot
18 minutes ago, Amulya Kolusu said:

Anyeo, chinguduru... I am pretty new to the forum and this is my first ever post...

I kept lurking here for just last four days, before that I din't even knew about this fan-wars/shipping-wars. I was really surprised to know that you all view one series in a complete different view from me. I just watch them in a regular way without thinking much and not taking any clues. I usually just tend to enjoy the flow and their acting. I even din't know about colour clues and even after reading so many posts about them, I still don't understand the colour theory as I couldn't take it as a clue.

Being a normal viewer, I think this AM series is the least on the romantic part and I found husband hunt tough in 1997 version. In 1994, when I heard of shipping-wars which happened then, I just thought how did people think at all that CB would be lead as NJ was only interested in TR right from the start. In 1988, without thinking much and not considering any clues I can say that JH is the husband as upto now I din't find any investment of PD in TK-DS's love-life, as someone said its not that they can't start it now but its pretty late to start a new side to the story. Its rather better to hold onto the developing side to it which can be taken further and shown in a beautiful way. If at all they would change the track of the story they should have done it in 15,16 eps which were too lagging, instead of choosing to change the track for TK, I felt that they withdrew him compltely giving JH-DS their way.

I just feel that now there must be a confrontation of JH-TK which must be accidentally heard by DS. This is the only way left out (if I were the script-writer... LOL... I am not)

annyong!!! and welcome to the thread!!! *throws confetti*

i was a normal viewer like you who thinks JH is the husband and then i came to soompi and was surprised that there is actually division of ship. i came at soompi thinking everyone was just discussing the episode and JH-DS loveline and other loveline but didn't really expect that there's really intense investigation for who-is-the-husband.

anyway, although you'll see clues, parallelism and color analysis here, our ship's biggest clue is the flow of the story so you don;t have to worry. enjoy shipping and posting!!! :D

7 minutes ago, boranoona said:

Hey guys this is my first time ever posting on any kind of forum :sweatingbullets: i have been lurking here since maybe this series began but never really thought of opening an account.i loveee junghwan !!! #teamjunghwan fighting!!!

Welcome (and Daebakkie!!! <3)

15 minutes ago, grcevln said:

His hands are indeed beautiful:wub:

cr twitter

His hand can cover Hyeri's whole face

addition: him using his beautiful hands in everyday basis

Aigoooo...now you make me want to see him play a pianist. Then we will forever have close ups of his beautiful fingers (yesyes I'm assuming he can play the piano ahahha)

• Like 6

Guest wizengamot
5 minutes ago, papulichan said:

Chingu, you write some of the best sentences !! 8a4f5383c45d3960a60c14445fe627e1.gif

lol!!! hahahahahahaha!!!

4 minutes ago, boranoona said:

Hey guys this is my first time ever posting on any kind of forum :sweatingbullets: i have been lurking here since maybe this series began but never really thought of opening an account.i loveee junghwan !!! #teamjunghwan fighting!!!

hello!!!! welcome to the ship!!! wow!!! daebak!!!

that's baby daebak right? we have sarang bias here and i'm song triplets' noona

anyway, we've loved to be your first time (in forum experience)

do enjoy posting and shipping :D btw, what makes you open an account now? 

4 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Hugs & kisses guys......it doesn't matter if your a Jh or Taek shipper main FACT is your a Reply 88 fan so at least for that let's keep it COOL. :D

We should be able to debate & discuss our opinions openly without being attacked vice versa...If someone strongly disagrees with your opinion be open to that also. Ik it's hard to DO bc we all love Jh or Taek so were quick to defend but you can still always do it in a proper way. 

If you see a comment you don't like ignore it like me hehe, if you can't and have to reply be open minded since nothing is set in stone yet everything is just theories, assumptions & perspectives TILL THE HUSBAND IS REVEALED to us with that being said, here's my take on this:

I'm #teamjunghwan and I strongly "believe" he will be the husband but I'm not 100% riding on this thought because "things can change" the writer can DO ANYTHING & justify it to us later or maybe not at ALL maybe for once the writer wants to be diff? Who knows? That's what scares me but none the less I STILL want to enjoy the show and appreciate the story TILL THE VERY END RESULT even if it doesn't end how I want it too. But if it does I'll celebrate ofc.

The FACT that I'm set on JH doesn't mean I can't accept Taek! Once again I just prefer JH :wub: because now this is my personal opinion, so far the script has journey/focus JHs "love story" more to me. You can argue it's because that's what I chose to see BUT that's on you. I see what I see.

Btw, if you "state" that you ship the script and not Jh or Taek then why aren't we getting views / theories on JH at all? Is something I've been wondering haha :blink: since being in the MT. 

Yes my exact feelings!!! Thank you for putting it into words friend :D No hate guys SPREAD LOVE :wub: 

8 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

lol!!! hahahahahahaha!!!

Spoiler

I love the triplets!!! So sad they are leaving the show :bawling::bawling::bawling: How will I spend my Mondays next time (that's when Eng subs come out)??!?!?!?

Anyway, some might already have noticed but I just wanted to point out that in the past Reply shows, the husband was always next to the female lead in the posters. In Reply 88 who is it? kekekeke

Reply-1997-1.jpg

cr to koreandrama

Reply-1994-Poster-2.jpg

cr soompi

reply-1988.jpg

cr soompi 

Bonus for colour hunters, if we take 1994 as precedence:

reply-1994.jpg?w=225&h=149&l=50&t=20

cr kpopstarz

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, dubuqueen said:

Sorry to bother you guys but can anyone send me some links to sites where I can watch this series through livestreaming? First time a drama made me do this :sweatingbullets:

And are there any sites that sub faster than myasiantv?

dramabay is faster as far as I know :)

• Like 2

ㅎㅎㅎ 

I was busy working, surprised when I checked the thread jumped up 4pages since I left off page 284. And the post I read soon I logged in was really really unappealing.. Hahaha.. Dear @Asma Trimèch this is just simply an advice, if you do read our thread since at least a week ago, you would know particular theories and posts in MT that are not really popular here, and some ppl (read: me) avoiding MT to not to read such a post, and you copied it here, you must know it won't be welcomed. Also check your approach you started with "I'm team junghwan who believe taek is the husband because...." that line is easily misunderstood. Please choose a better approach so that ppl won't misunderstand you instead of blaming how people reacted to you. As fellow #teamjunghwan you def welcome here, and we won't meddle in the way you interpret the drama either. But reconsider before posting, is your post suits MT or JHDS thread or even TKDS thread instead. If you are sure, let's spazz happily. Join the happy convo!! 

See you around~~

• Like 22

Guest wizengamot
8 minutes ago, shunklunk said:

Lmao i just got back from a nap and what the hell was going on...

when you say this kind of comment and i look at your avatar.

Laughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-06.gif

4 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I love the triplets!!! So sad they are leaving the show :bawling::bawling::bawling: How will I spend my Mondays next time (that's when Eng subs come out)??!?!?!?

Anyway, some might already have noticed but I just wanted to point out that in the past Reply shows, the husband was always next to the female lead in the posters. In Reply 88 who is it? kekekeke

i wish married life of JH and DS be shown and song triplets will play as their babies hahahahahaha!!! (delulu mode)

we know who it is!!! lalalala~

tumblr_nd91voSZ8Z1sjbr2bo1_400.gif

@wizengamot please keep posting about uri handsome JH and his FUTURE WIFE DS(saying in optimistic way):wub: 

those funny gif or pictures, where did you guys get it? is it from korean websites? i only find funny pictures about R88 from you guys, big thanks for you!!!! :heart:

the new ep will be aired TOMORROW!!!!!! omoooo cant wait, but i think i wont get to watch the live stream. still have some classes tomorrow. aaaa this drama will end next week chingu soo sad but happy at the same time, because i have exams at the end of the month and i have to stop this drama hype before the exam start :bawling: 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

when you say this kind of comment and i look at your avatar.

Laughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-06.gif

i wish married life of JH and DS be shown and song triplets will play as their babies hahahahahaha!!! (delulu mode)

tumblr_nd91voSZ8Z1sjbr2bo1_400.gif

Hahahahh!!!!!!!

ah i forgot to say this but feel free to see my ava if you guys ever feel something off lel

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

lol!!! hahahahahahaha!!!

I just couldn't resist joining the discussion!! Plus it took me this long to join bcz i have no clue how soompi works :mellow: and yeah it's daebakie :wub: he is my new bias after the song triplets :blush: 

I think reply 1988 is similar to reply 1997.idk abt the 1994 one as i haven't watched it.i am 99.99% sure of junghwan being the hubby :heart:

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

That would be too epic!!! Although I think Shin PD might burst a vein if the kids, esp Manse since he's so free and easy, refuses to cooperate :P

In 2015 I would guess their kid would be around high school age too and given how we only have 4 episodes left to resolve the triangle, I doubt we have enough time for a newly married couple scene :( 

• Like 6

Guest wizengamot
7 minutes ago, odiaz said:

@wizengamot please keep posting about uri handsome JH and his FUTURE WIFE DS(saying in optimistic way):wub: 

those funny gif or pictures, where did you guys get it? is it from korean websites? i only find funny pictures about R88 from you guys, big thanks for you!!!! :heart:

the new ep will be aired TOMORROW!!!!!! omoooo cant wait, but i think i wont get to watch the live stream. still have some classes tomorrow. aaaa this drama will end next week chingu soo sad but happy at the same time, because i have exams at the end of the month and i have to stop this drama hype before the exam start :bawling: 

yes, yes. we will try our best to keep this thread light, pleasant and a little bit byuntae (i'm looking at you all guys esp. @papulichan @einYoshiChan @wasted_youth @ihate0ni0ns?) no i think ihate0nions is innocent. is she? @hailaft shown micro byuntae side because of her fics...

i'll be back guys. like after 4 hours :)

Wow you guys sure write fast 2 pages in less than 2 hours? Daebak!! Glad we're maintaining things positive here :) 

To keep things light I have another imagination for the husband reveal lol: again near the end of ep 19 we see future DS/JH (probably with the Ssamundong 5 adult ver too except for TK if they really want to keep playin') then while DS is being interviewed alone we hear the guys bothering her offscreen and she shuts them up haha she calls her husband to show his face but no response lol not until she bursts out "Gae Jung Pal! Come here!" then lo and behold we see future hubby all annoyed and grumpy hahahaha END

I have lots of ideas in mind really be back for more and Friday pls come sooner!! 

• Like 16

I don't know why I'm still talking about this :huh: but:

1. Not to list what young JH did in the past, the adult JH's character obviously IS NOT Taek, it could be JH or DR lol. If Taek is the husband, something BIG did happen to him and changed himself into a different person like that -.- oh no! I wouldn't believe anything on earth anymore if JH is not the freaking husband. 

2. We have lots of JH-DS moments from ep 1 ( I repeat EP 1 ladies and gentlemen) . Again, if Taek is the husband, were JH-DS super duper adorable moments just FOR FUN? Eh..I can not except that! ==' 

3. I don't have a group of guy friends but I believe it would be extremely awkward when you accidentally(?!) fall in love with 3 out of 4 friends. I would be also in #TeamDR for the title "husband" ㅋㅋㅋ 

Btw, in my hometown country, the TK-DS shippers think that Taek looks like Mr. Kim JooHuyk so they give a conclusion that Taek will definitely end the game. Never see that coming, right?

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/Vy_Ho/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps687fgegv.jpeg.html

Oh mama mia! -.-

• Like 9

Deep inside, i don't really care if JungHwan doesn't end up being the husband. I am satisfied enough with JungHwan's story line. I appreciate the writer's effort for telling a story centered on such character like his with certain depth. He's cold, stoic, awkward, grumpy, but mostly  clever, witty, obedient, filial, loyal, caring. Sometimes you can see the loser in him. But I think that's what make you care for him the most.

I never stan a male character this hard before. So Ji Sub (in Master's Sun), Chuck Bass, Chiaki senpai, Izumi Sano (Hana Kimi), are some examples for male lead characters I love (so you can tell my preference, Lol). You can see that they're all have certain similar traits, cold but caring. But none of them ever make me this sad and engrossed in pain before until JungHwan. I sometimes think what make JungHwan different. Then I realise, that JungHwan is somehow 'alone'.  All of those scenes of him brooding, studying, and staring show that he choose to deal with the pain alone, and not to do anything about it and just wait to let it go, which seems so real. I identify my self with him. Because that there's certain people who just can not share her/his nuisance with other, but doesn't mean he/she can't overcome and resolve it. There's people like that. 

Also, in other dramas, I somehow enjoy the male lead sad and jealous story line. I love it when there's a scene where the male lead witnessing lovey dovey moments between the female lead and the second lead, and they'd focus on the male lead's jealous expression. I used to think that I'm a masochist until JungHwan. This seemingly implied that JungHwan has this second lead traits, but his story is told with the FIRST male lead way. So yeah, I think his character is not mainstream anyway. 

Now, what I want is the writer to wrap up a good ending for him. I am truly a shipper of JH-DS, but that's another story. Being called blind, narrow-minded, and not logical, I, somehow, think that 'what if he is really not the husband?', then I think 'that's okay'. Lol, is it too late to create JungHwan's personal thread? Jk.

• Like 20