[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

hi everyone, it's been 2 weeks but i havent move on =( was watching some fan made vids and in one of them, it showed the adult DS saying she never thought that she'd end up marrying him, she think she went crazy for a second or something. Once again, i feel cheated all over again. We all knew it was DS's wish to marry Taek that's why it's impossible for adult her to say such a thing right? Why they do this to us? i'm still in denial... please continue with the fanfics, Somehow reading them gives me some "closure". FIGHTING!

• Like 9

I dont like to stay in the MT as well because once we complained about the ending and how the story suddenly changes in the middle, anyone from the other shipper start to attack ' so dont watch..." or "go to the other thread"..so off we go, stay in our thread.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pi2tni4ng said:

@MrsSoJiSub : well me too. I read all the analysis by taeksun shipper in MT or in their thread. Some of them are brilliant. I can see where they are coming from. 

When I try to rewatch the dramas seeing it from that PoV, it just doesn't make sense to me. It's young love, shouldn't it be passionate, full of push and pull, mistakes, ego, emotions and misunderstanding ?

8 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

this this this this this to everything you said *virtual high fives* I have read all the analysis, had conversations, and I get it. I really do. But man they boooooooreeee me so bad. I try to watch from their POV and still it's like...Nope not for me LOL.

2 hours ago, aprodithe said:

I dont like to stay in the MT as well because once we complained about the ending and how the story suddenly changes in the middle, anyone from the other shipper start to attack ' so dont watch..." or "go to the other thread"..so off we go, stay in our thread.

Sorry to cut the posts :)

Anyway, I agree with these posts so much... for me their POV doesn't make sense either and I think that the fact that they are still over- analyzing the drama shows how even for them the end is messed up, rushed and illogical.

I left the MT after RJY vapp because the people that tried to defend their ship badmouthing RJY, the actor not his character JH, are just... I don't know maybe I should just say no comment because that's so morally repugnant that I can't comment it without being offensive.

But since I can't leave R88 yet I decided to go one more time to the MT hoping that the discussion about the vapp was over and what did I found?

Analysis, theories, investigation and more analysis... the posts are so boring, especially the long ones that I skip :sweatingbullets:

But my point is that they are still there, talking and writing a thousand words to justify the husband, to made sense of the ending... there is that one post that is an invite to re-watch the drama from ep1 together to understand why Taek is the husband... really?

The same people that attack everyone who is not a Taek shipper, like @aphodite said there are a lot of people like that in the MT, are still trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel ( understand Taek being the husband) with far-fetched analysis... their behavior is crazy like the end of the drama.

Why can't they just have the maturity and the honesty to say: I ship Taek/DS but I don't understand why Taek is the husband either?

Someone admit it, but the most active ones are just barking how right they are one moment and the next moment they are asking for help to understand their POV... I just think they don't know what being coherent is.

Anyway this just shows how messed up the ending really is...

with R97 and R94 people were hurt too but they understand why YJ or Trash were the husband, there was no need to over- analyze the end, with R88 no one seems to understand why Taek is the husband.

And this is not only a problem with us here because I read that DC is the same... Taek/DS shippers are still talking about the end even in Korea while JH's shipper accepted the end for what it is - messed, rushed and illogical -  and even if they are still hurt they are now talking about RJY

In the end R88 ending is a little like the ending of the drama "Big": the guy that was in a coma for all the drama got the girl in the last episode... I know Taek was not in a coma, but he was sleeping most of the time too so it's like Big for me.

Regardless I hope they'll see the light someday in the future, maybe after the 100+++ re-watch, most of all for their peace of mind...

for me the re-watch of the drama from ep1 will be a confirmation of JH/DS ship, because I re-watched it a little while editing my video and my heart skipped a beat again when JH said: don't go... don't go to the blind date...

my favourite scene of JH and DS story for 2 reason: 

1. RJY's voice, a wisper told with so deep emotions it's really a moment to die for...
  2. they were both aware of their feelings in that moment...

how things got bad from that moment is a sad and bad thing that no analysis can justify

• Like 16

Guest wizengamot

I'd say it again, I think it would have been better and easier if we see TK-DS development since they're going to be endgame but instead, we went back to 1988 of Sangmundong through JH eyes. His, is the love growth/maturity/development that gets in the heart, so why would I not root for him as the husband. I saw him took different shades of a boy to a man in love with a single girl. I don't doubt TK's love for DS but i was only told about that, meanwhile I experienced/ was shown it, when it comes to JH.

I actually didn't let the last two episodes get to me and I was fine for over a week after the series ended. But lately whenever I took the train home, I'd always think of new DS-JH scenario and I can't help wondering about what could have been for them, because clearly, up to ep 18, their feelings were mutual.

but on a brighter note, RJY and Hyeri's continuous interaction in real life even after the series is over, are food for JH-DS shippers mind. Thanks to the actors themselves, their ship sail :)

@emi_rose : yes. I give it a try, I've read enough theories, I've read enough justification and I've try to rewatch the drama again

but I've come to the same conclusion, that no matter how people impose their theories, nothing..nothing's gonna change the ONE TRUE PAIRING in this drama for me, that is Junghwan and Deoksun :wub:.

And because of this, the drama that could be my all time favourite, become the drama that I may not see again. 

Sometimes you just need to follow your hearts, why using so much brain cell in understanding LOVE ???

There's reason why they say "LOVE IS BLIND". (Their theories now sort of bore me :sweatingbullets:.)

So I'm gonna stay on our ship :D:D

• Like 10

Guest wizengamot

well, i've not been in any thread lately, aside from here and RJY thread (not even MT). So I'm not really sure about theories, but since i've read theories before on MT, I could totally tell how this goes. I don't know, but one can give meaning to almost everything because google could provide one, and not to mention, imagination runs wild. But without going through that and just watching the series as it is, I'd say ep 1-18 was about JH-DS. If it's obvious, you wouldn't even have to explain, you just know. 

in my entire life (it's 30 yo right now), i only ever fall in love 3 times. while i was 12 years old, i was falling with my classmate at junior high school. my 1st love was a one side love. you must be know how hard it was when i realize that he was have someone to love. i feel really hurt at that time and cried a lot. but i have been able to move on after 3 days. i could get rid that feeling easily. my second love, i felt when i was in my 3rd class of junior high school. i felt for my friend, i can say he was one of my best friend. but i felt one side love again. i tried to hide it, because i didn't want my relationship became awkward with him. i suffered from my one side love for 5 years. it was really hard. i felt hurt while i was happy at the same time. but in the end i realize that i must cleared out my feeling. and finally i confessed about what i felt in the past 5 years. i confessed to him but didn't expect any response. i know he must be shocked at that time. after that confession i could move on immediately. really... and my 3rd love was someone who became my husband right know.

i think that was my last love, but now (after watched #Reply1988) i'm falling in love again. i'm falling in love with Kim Junghwan, who was (just) a character that created with Lee authornim and played by actor Ryu Jung Yeol. you must be say that i exaggerate this feeling. yeah.. i thought the same way.. but my heart said differently. my heart was broken into pieces just to remember about him. all hints that i saw in real life just remembering me about him. today is 9th days i felt this broken heart. i still cried a lot and feel holes in my heart. how can i relieve this feeling? i could not confess to him, right? just need more time? but when? oh my God.. you really drive me crazy Kim Junghwan..

**thank you for letting me sharing my hurt felling.. love this forum very much...

• Like 15

Sometimes I really miss this thread like when the drama's still ongoing.

Although at that time I only become a silent reader, I love the atmosfer and the attitude here.

We are the kind of people who do or die, give your all or go back to your home kinda person, confidence, a little on the pervy sides (the voices, the hand, the lips, the limb, the back, basically everything) :D :sweatingbullets:, chill and passionate. There's no in between.
Yes we've got fiery temper sometimes, but that because we love with all our hearts.

I love that moments ....

@fairy_pillow : thank you for sharing your story, it's personal but I think we all understand. There's so many of us that actually feeling the same things. Feeling as if all that happened to junghwan, happened for real for us. 

That it self is REALLY AMAZING.

Sometimes I feel like aplauding the writer for succesfully generate that kind of feeling in us, sometime I want to SLAP her really hard for unnecessarily hurting so many people. (I 100% sure she KNOW what she was doing).

She is the headwriter for Youth Over Flower too btw 

• Like 14

yeah, i decided to watch it from ep 1 again like they said, to see the obvious love line of deoksun and taek. but no matter how long i tried to watch it even for 20000000000000000000 times more, my faith of seeing junghwan-deoksun at the end didn't waver at all.... i don't know how they could see the opposite from me when it's so clear... or was it because hyeri and junyeol's chemistry that tricked us real hard of them being in love with each other? and once again i'm starting to wonder where did i go wrong..........................

• Like 16

Guest wizengamot
13 minutes ago, minyeonhan said:

yeah, i decided to watch it from ep 1 again like they said, to see the obvious love line of deoksun and taek. but no matter how long i tried to watch it even for 20000000000000000000 times more, my faith of seeing junghwan-deoksun at the end didn't waver at all.... i don't know how they could see the opposite from me when it's so clear... or was it because hyeri and junyeol's chemistry that tricked us real hard of them being in love with each other? and once again i'm starting to wonder where did i go wrong..........................

lol, ep 1? TK was like shown there just to get everyone food/milk and when he was eating dinner with his dad after the four kids (DR, DS, SW, JH) rounded the neighborhoos to give mom food delivery hahahaha. you didn't go wrong... i asked the same thing too but when RJY revealed that Hyeri and he also thought that JH is the husband, i was relieved. I mean they're playing the characters so they must have thought why am i filming a lot of scenes with this character and most are couple-like/romantic scenes. My biggest relief was Hyeri's thinking that JH is the husband because she basically had scenes with JH and TK, then she thought JH is her DS husband because maybe she realize she's filming this "kind of scenes" with RJY's JH and not with TK. Then she totally lost it when filming ep 18, whether it's because of RJY's JH confession, or because they were told that they're not endgame (or both).but the fact remains, she cried so hard they had to stopped filming hahahaha

saw another fanvid.

JH-DS gave us so much moments to remember :)

Guest wizengamot
9 minutes ago, MrsRyu said:

Just want to share guys :)

i just made FMV of Ryu Jun Yeol and Hyeri, hope you like it :wub:

@MrsRyu Thisvid is #SuperAwesome!!!

Guys, this vid is a compilation of Hyeri-JunYeol off-screen/BTS moments. *feels everywhere*

1 hour ago, wizengamot said:

lol, ep 1? TK was like shown there just to get everyone food/milk and when he was eating dinner with his dad after the four kids (DR, DS, SW, JH) rounded the neighborhoos to give mom food delivery hahahaha. you didn't go wrong... i asked the same thing too but when RJY revealed that Hyeri and he also thought that JH is the husband, i was relieved. I mean they're playing the characters so they must have thought why am i filming a lot of scenes with this character and most are couple-like/romantic scenes. My biggest relief was Hyeri's thinking that JH is the husband because she basically had scenes with JH and TK, then she thought JH is her DS husband because maybe she realize she's filming this "kind of scenes" with RJY's JH and not with TK. Then she totally lost it when filming ep 18, whether it's because of RJY's JH confession, or because they were told that they're not endgame (or both).but the fact remains, she cried so hard they had to stopped filming hahahaha

saw another fanvid.

JH-DS gave us so much moments to remember :)

Yes and to think that those people started to make a very long analysis of why taek-deoksun is indeed the end game after it actually happened and insisting that they hate junghwan's character because he's so rude blah blah blah (which is weird? they hated that exact personality of him but they suddenly love husband's same personality with him at ep 2 and 9 because he's 'taek' LOL) makes me laugh so hard. so are they still insecure even after rep88 ended? why? because husband junghwan will make more sense? MWahahaha

---------------------------------

like i said, i backtracked the whole series and there's something that still makes me feeling weird inside because :

1. Since when Junghwan was actually like Deoksun? I mean, i know he likes her even waay before ep 1 started and it's so obvious because tvn explained his character from the very first ep with 'he's always teasing deoksun, something's definitely weird' i mean... if they didn't want to explained it later, why did they even bother to write those?

2. I'm still curious of why Deoksun suddenly got angry at Junghwan at the very first ep. Even Junghwan was confused as hell too.

3. At the end of ep 2, when Deoksun hitting husband and cam-recorder showed us who's the real owner of the chocolate. i bet my own life that cam-recorder was supposed to mean something beside telling us who's deoksun's first crush!!!! like junghwan accidentally watch the video or something.

4. Still doesn't get the POV. Deoksun is obviously telling us of how he and Taek fallen in love but we only saw a little of taek and too much of junghwan. What is this? Deoksun secretly telling us how much she wanted Junghwan to confess early or something LoL

5. Junghwan's diary. why bother to showed us a lot of deoksun's name there when they wouldn't make a scene of deoksun reading it later (just imagine that would be very cute i need to make some fanfic about this : ( )

6. There's secret scenes of junghwan at ep 18 ending when he's secretly like deoksun and it matched so well with 2016 scene when the husband told us when was the first time he liked deoksun : )))) someone please edit this for me and cut the 'sleeping pills' off. And i think it will make more sense since they were only inserting the obviously we knew scenes when taek supposedly told us about his feelings, and it doesn't screamed original. Which is weird because reply was never like this, they always prepared the flashback scenes so well (just like ep 18's ending!!!!). If junghwan have flashback scenes, i bet deoksun have one too. they still didn't show us her true feelings : )

7. When the childhood scene showed, i thought they originally made this at ep 4 along with taek's moving scene so i believed taek was originally the end game. But when ep 20 ended with the 5 of them changed into kids, i laughed at myself. SO THEY SHOOT THAT SCENE RECENTLY, ahhh this is soooo unlike reply series. so unprepared

gosh there's so much thing i need to ask to lee woojung seriously. She put a very big hole on my chest that i think i can't get rid off until six years later or until leeryu become a couple in the next project

• Like 17

Guest wizengamot

they could write analysis all they want, but you see, that's why the series is a film/ "SHOW" in the first place, because it "shows". Explanation is okay but if their's need more explanation than 'what the show actually showed', then there's really a problem hahahaha!!!

and just let them be...

remember: Confidence is silent. Insecurity is loud.

the show is already over and the husband was revealed (the endgame they want happen), so i don't know what's still the fuss? 

Hello guys, I remember someone in this thread previously posted torrent link for all the OST of Reply 1988. But I can't find the link. I've tried searching from the bottom. But, our thread is super hot, it keeps burried down. Can anyone please help me, and give the torrent link? Thank you in advance!!

tumblr_n0comswoHX1sqri7ro1_500.gif

• Like 2

I'm so happy that Ryu Junyeol said he wants to work with Hyeri again!!! That makes me so happy but at the same time it didn't surprise me at all. After revealing his honest thoughts on the endgame, I knew he'd say something like this. I hope the producers would grant his wish and let them work together again. AND THIS TIME PUT HIS LIPS TO GOOD USE LMAO. Aside from that, I wish they'd also appear in a variety show together...just the two of them...among the cast they seem to be the closest with each other. They have so much chemistry so it'd be unfortunate if we don't see them for the second time. :wub:

• Like 15

@Howlongwillthisfandomlast ahh when he was narrating the episode with english right? that seems off too... and there's junghwan reading comic at this episode before he went to school! (clue cough clue) ah i love ep 4 soo much : )) deoksun smiled secretly at the bus scene when junghwan protected her still remained a very big question in my life. deoksun-ahhh do you honestly like him or notttttt

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MrsRyu said:

Just want to share guys :)

i just made FMV of Ryu Jun Yeol and Hyeri, hope you like it :wub:

I really love your created MV clip !! I miss them so much !! Please create more lol hehe thanks !! love ya !! :heart:

• Like 1