[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Just now, finallyanoppatostan said:

When does TvN usually upload BTS video? Tuesday? Wednesday? I really need to see BTS video to make sure that all of these are just fiction, they all are acting. They feel so real that I thought it's real. My heart still unstable til now :mellow: Saranghaneun Junyeol oppa and Hyeri also haven't upload anything to instagram. I wanna see their real selves as Junyeol and Hyeri after that heartfelt confession and flashback scene :tears: Ah, ending slides are also so sad :tears:

My thoughts exactly, lol. I'm in so (probably too) deep and I keep needing to remind myself that this is not real. What a gift it is though to be able to enjoy something that speaks to our very core. I actually usually avoid BTS things when I'm watching a show because I don't want the actors' real-life personalities or BTS interactions to influence my perception of the characters, but now it's like a relief when I see the BTS videos and instagram pictures of the actors together. Knowing that they all get along and are having a grand time filming this show, cast and crew together, eases the pain just a little. Very little. But still a little, haha. 

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

I too think that he`s that first love she wrote about. She was asking him questions like how do i look and stuff I mean why asking him when they bicker all the time.( yeah yeah she asked SW the same but that was piriod when she crushed on him ). Well one of the reason why i think that he is her first love is that bickering we all had one person we like with whom we bickered all the time at that age ( i assume we all did, i know i have). When they meet on stairs she asked him are you waiting for me with smile, Could not she have thought that he is waiting for SW and DR but she was curious if he was waiting for her. I may be wrong but we`ll see.

Man I`m so hyped i feel like i`m going to celebrate their wedding, as if it were my own wedding, Not to mention kiss i can already see my squealing and smiling

Actually about the diary I thought she wrote it after her crush on SW began...can anyone clarify the timeline? Because if that is so then she couldnt ppssibly have meant JH. And in all honesty as much as i eould like to delude myself it would be quite funny for her to write all those romantic novel like phrases in relation to JH hahaha. Imagine JH reading it...he will laugh and cry at the same time, be so happy and then laugh at DS saying "you liked me so much back then??? Yah...Arent you glad i married you???"

• Like 9

Just now, mojobobo said:

Actually about the diary I thought she wrote it after her crush on SW began...can anyone clarify the timeline? Because if that is so then she couldnt ppssibly have meant JH. And in all honesty as much as i eould like to delude myself it would be quite funny for her to write all those romantic novel like phrases in relation to JH hahaha. Imagine JH reading it...he will laugh and cry at the same time, be so happy and then laugh at DS saying "you liked me so much back then??? Arent you glad i married you???"

Guys, slow down. I left for an hour and you already add 2 more pages. 

If I'm not mistaken, that scene is after her friends told her SW liked here in the tteokbokki place, so most probably she wrote it for SW. Idk, it'll be funnier if JH read it and know it's about SW. His jealousy will be epic.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Actually about the diary I thought she wrote it after her crush on SW began...can anyone clarify the timeline? Because if that is so then she couldnt ppssibly have meant JH. And in all honesty as much as i eould like to delude myself it would be quite funny for her to write all those romantic novel like phrases in relation to JH hahaha. Imagine JH reading it...he will laugh and cry at the same time, be so happy and then laugh at DS saying "you liked me so much back then??? Arent you glad i married you???"

i think DS wrote about JH, because BR read the diary in ep. 2 and she even give the chocolate to him, and in 2015 DS said she give the chocolate to the husband and she believe she give it to him, but the husband said it's not him even when he leave he scream it's not him. and about her crush on SW it's start in ep. 3 not in ep. 1-2. in ep. 1-2 it's POV from DS from the start that's why 2015 DS narrated it.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, hailaft said:

Guys, slow down. I left for an hour and you already add 2 more pages. 

If I'm not mistaken, that scene is after her friends told her SW liked here in the tteokbokki place, so most probably she wrote it for SW. Idk, it'll be funnier if JH read it and know it's about SW. His jealousy will be epic.

I would like to see it!! Then he would totally rub it in her face and be like "Too bad for you, the guy you had a crush on became your brother-in-law. but you must be happy right? Getting to see him so often because he is now family?"

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Richi07 said:

i think DS wrote about JH, because BR read the diary in ep. 2 and she even give the chocolate to him, and in 2015 DS said she give the chocolate to the husband and she believe she give it to him, but the husband said it's not him even when he leave he scream it's not him. and about her crush on SW it's start in ep. 3 not in ep. 1-2. in ep. 1-2 it's POV from DS from the start that's why 2015 DS narrated it.

I was referring to dates though and not episodes because we know this series doesnt show things chronologically and tends to go back and forth with the dates. 

Edited by mojobobo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Actually about the diary I thought she wrote it after her crush on SW began...can anyone clarify the timeline? Because if that is so then she couldnt ppssibly have meant JH. And in all honesty as much as i eould like to delude myself it would be quite funny for her to write all those romantic novel like phrases in relation to JH hahaha. Imagine JH reading it...he will laugh and cry at the same time, be so happy and then laugh at DS saying "you liked me so much back then??? Yah...Arent you glad i married you???"

OMG, i can actually imagine junghwan doing that while teasing deoksun. I really believe that DS wrote junghwan's name in the diary and not SW. Bora read the diary, if ever DS did wrote SW name, why BR would date SW then when she's well aware that DS had a crush on SW?

• Like 4

Holy... you girls (and guys) are fast! I leave for a day and have to backtrack almost 50 pages?! Daebaek!! Daebaek!!! 

I'm so happy that most of us are positive now! Big thanks to our pilots/co-pilots/sub pilots/cabin crew for keeping this JH-DS airplane up in the air! 

Less than one week! We can do this! 

@hailaft always a pleasure reading your fanfics. CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR PART 2!!!! :heart:

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Richi07 said:

Ep. 3 start with timeline August 1988, before Olympics. So we got flashbacks in ep.3

• Like 3

I did a quick check and it turns out...the girls first told DS SW likes her in August 1988. She gave the chocolate on 24 Sep 1988 and BR read the diary on 8 Oct 1988. 

The following scenarios are possible:

1. The guy DS refers to is not JH or SW or TK but some other random guy *insert goat sound*

2. The guy is SW but is not named.

3. The guy is SW and is named. 

4. The guy is JH. 

I think option 2 or 3 is the most plausible and in all circumstances it will be option 2. DS knows she shares a room and there is hardly any privacy in the house why would she name SW?

Even if it is option 3, I think it is fine because BR did hesitate before agreeing to date SW, perhaps out of consideration for DS. Plus BR is the logical and decisive type of person so she figured if she like SW and SW likes her then no one else matters. 

I think option 2 is also supported by the fact that DS read the diary and future hubby was asking who she gave it to. If she named SW that there would not have been a need to ask right?

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, balladblue said:

My thoughts exactly, lol. I'm in so (probably too) deep and I keep needing to remind myself that this is not real. What a gift it is though to be able to enjoy something that speaks to our very core. I actually usually avoid BTS things when I'm watching a show because I don't want the actors' real-life personalities or BTS interactions to influence my perception of the characters, but now it's like a relief when I see the BTS videos and instagram pictures of the actors together. Knowing that they all get along and are having a grand time filming this show, cast and crew together, eases the pain just a little. Very little. But still a little, haha. 

Ah, that's right, to ease the pain I really want TvN to release any BTS of 94 scene. I don't care if it's not confession scene, I just need a few seconds of Junyeol oppa BTS~~~

TvN pleaseeeeeee~~~

I rewatched the ep 18 ending again, the last part until the ending slide give me goosebumps :mellow: It was really so beautifully made :mellow:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

I was referring to dates though and not episodes because we know this series doesnt show things chronologically and tends to go back and forth with the dates. 

1988/08/24 when she give the chocolate to the husband what she believe..( from this i believe she wrote JH if she not wrote JH that's mean the husband is SW but we can watch she forgot about him because BR)

and i rewatch the episode ep. 3 she said in summer 2015 when she make up for SW and the continue to 1988/10 when she dance practice in TK room and shy in front SW..

• Like 2

Regarding some people talking about shiwon if she is appear in R88, there was photo of Eunji and papa Sung few weeks ago that posted by Eunji in Apink fancafe. So, who knows, maybe Eunji will do a cameo.. That would be great!

• Like 8

Some of you guys here are so brave....watching the proposal scene over and over to analyze it haha. I like literally have to brace myself/ force myself to watch that scene just bc it breaks my heart but yes, what I got from it was that DS was first shocked didn't see it coming, and then touched by it and when she slightly smiled it was her approval smile because everything mentioned she was aware of just that she wasn't sure what his intentions were but when he spilled it out like that she was def touched and that's why you see that glitter in her eye she was about to cry too. Till, it went the other direction...but her silence when it seemed like he didn't mean it only says she's confused so she forced that smile but deep down she knew of those events and so when the table suddenly turned again she's still gathering her thoughts was how I saw it. 

• Like 16

Guy's I believe something happened after the concert between TK and DS,

A confession might of happened and maybe she didn't return back any feelings; hence why she's constantly checking the pager and watching out for him as she feels so bad.

He may have gone on a date with the celebrity ....or he might come to that restaurant and picked up the ring and give it to JH later; telling him DK always wanted to be with JH.

They really need to show DS point of view, TK and JH have had their chances now.

Also I wonder what happened in the future that Bora encouraged DS  to do all those interviews?

• Like 8

Good afternoon everyone!! Bruh I woke up to 10 pages of catching up WE ARE ON FIRE MAN hahaha 

I think many of us were wavered/influenced by the comments on threads, dramabeans or anywhere that JH is not the husband. All the clues and overanalysing of scenes. And you know, probably the director or writer had made a mistake at that scene and forgot to correct it but everyone makes a big hooha out of it. If we were not to read any comments and simply just watch the show. Probably we wouldn't get wavered and really... JH is obviously the husband. (Ok HOPEFULLY PLS if not really, idk what to say HAHAHA)