[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

52 minutes ago, thebirjo said:

After watching the episode and reading the recap this morning I just feel so dispirited. I don't think I read the show wrong in thinking that JH was totally the hero in the first half (a sentiment seemingly felt by DS as well) and then somewhere along the way the writer had a change of heart without regard to DS's feelings. We hardly ever get to hear her thought on the boys and their actions.

The show and it's many iterations has talked about fate and explored it existence and the way it interacts in the characters lives but I feel like that's not enough. Love doesn't only come down to timing, or at the very least a twist of fate that sets timing off. 

If we look at Bora and SW and Jung Bong and Maggie, they broke up and came back together yes because of timing but in the sense that it wasn't the right time for their relationships and not because of fate. They had lessons to learn and careers to establish and so they came back together at a time when they were ready to grow together. In that sense I think the show treats timing and fate differently between the lead couples and the secondary couples. Because for the lead couple it always has to do with the fickleness of fate. The difference, I think, is there because fate is used to emotionally manipulate the audience. (She said bitterly). 

TL;DR episode 18 made me feel sad. I always choose wrong. WAH! JUNG HWAN!!!!! What an adorable dork. 

In all honesty I always choose the right ships hahaha, so that's fine, it's cool that whoever it is, we both have the first time wrong choice. If JH the husband, it's your first time to get a right ship, if not, it's my first time to choose the wrong ship but definitely a very worth it ship. 

And Taek shippers should not be happy because I think we still on guessing thing.  Both of them still fits the clue.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ner54 said:

Why did I think reading the comments section on dramabeans was a good idea lol. I wish people would stop with their TR/CB/JH/TK comparisons. All the boys are different in their own ways. Doesn't mean if JH/TK does something similar to TR/CB that their outcome (at the end of the series) would be the same as them. It's just a parallel scene. God. Sometimes I really wanna reply to every single one of them but I'm just gonna waste my time because they choose to see what they want to. Oh wells. Sorry for ranting :mellow:

Same here. I did a quick glance of MT and dramabeans....want to counter answer for each and every weird logic..but why waste time on that....I will enjoy the anticipation and be sad only because we only have 2 more episodes left. Ah, also stalk RJY on twitter/Insta and listen to OSTs. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

What The Classic theory? I wanna know coz I noticed some stuff related to that!!!

:)

I'm not certain , but I had read this  "theory " in one of the MT post....I think it is that K-movie 'Classic' where the young couple in love could not be together due to unfortunate circumstances and then the guy sacrificed his love for his best pal who also was in love with the same girl. Years go by and then the fated love circle comes together when the children of those ill-fated lovers fall in love. ( it's like the woman's daughter and the man's  son ).....BUT, i think this is just ridiculous bull crap ..for this drama is not a makjang....

Here's the movie  wiki :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Classic

• Like 15

Guest fleshwithoutblood

@papulichan @carolinedl I think The Classic theory was actually just someone's negative fears they expressed in this thread actually, they didn't want it to happen, it was just a terrible scenario they thought of.

I don't think it'd happen either, it's just a worst case scenario. Like I always fear a High Kick disaster in the back of my mind lol! But I don't think this writer would do that.

5 minutes ago, papulichan said:

I'm not certain , but I had read this  "theory " in one of the MT post....I think it is that K-movie 'Classic' where the young couple in love could not be together due to unfortunate circumstances and then the guy sacrificed his love for his best pal was in love with the same girl. Years go by and then the fated love circle comes together when the children of those ill-fated lovers fall in love. ( it's like the woman's daughter and the man's  son ).....BUT, i think this is just ridiculous bull crap ..for this drama is not a makjang....

Here's the movie  wiki :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Classic

i agree with u.This sort of thing will never happen on reply series, never.that is the most ridiculous thing the writer can do 

• Like 3

Mini rant ahead:  I understand the fun in looking for clues and that it's part of the excitement, but the episodes should make sense even for someone who isn't that interested in details. Especially for a series with 20% ratings. At this rate, the viewers will receive a booklet with explanations at the end of the series.:lol:

• Like 15

Husband clothes

hubbyjacket_zpsp1kkk45r.png

Junghwan clothes ep 15

jhjacket_zpsintsa8of.png

Its kind of similar right  ?? plus they are both wearing the same style of shirt underneath ;)

Also junghwan likes to stay with his both of his hands inside his pockets, ive seen him a lot of times but to be fair all of the characters do even taek so its not really a clue :/  Example here where JH is wearing similar jacket and is in a similar position: 

hands1_zpsoi5gyupw.png

The only thing that makes me think the husband is JH based on his style is because ive never seen Taek where similar jackets, ive only seen him wearing coats. Anyone seen Taek wearing jackets like the husband ?? 

• Like 21

40 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

What The Classic theory? I wanna know coz I noticed some stuff related to that!!!

:)

I'll try to explain this ( i am not sure how to put that in words) i hope you'll understand.

When you take multiple choice test you can solve test  by picking an answer under the a, b or c. So you are sure that first answer to a question is c, then second one is also  c and if the third one is  c you start to question yourself that maybe its not the right answer even if it is.  What are the chances that you got the same answer three questions in a row so you end up changing your answer. I hope i exlained it well.

• Like 10

I've just rewatched some old episodes and found out that some narration tended to be prepared for the sad ending of JH :bawling:

“Time flies… time eventually creates farewell and it always leaves people with regrets. If you love someone, tell them now before your fleeting days are filled with regret. In some ways, the biggest present time gives us is the memories we have of loving others that’s why you have to shove aside embarrassment and confess your love to the one you love."

"A line indicates a limit saying: ‘That’s as far as you get.’ Protecting a line is remaining in that comfortable space you have used to and maintain those rules, that world, those relationships. Not crossing the line also means that you will never see a new world with new rules & relationships. If you dream of a new relationship, if you dream of love – you have to cross that line

Both are said by Deoksun :frown:

Quote by beatuscorner

Edited by hhbm007
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vannyah M said:

I'll try to explain this ( i am not sure how to put that in words) i hope you'll understand.

When you take multiple choice test you can solve test  by picking an answer under the a, b or c. So you are sure that first answer to a question is c, then second on also is c and if the third one is  c you start to question yourself that maybe its not the right answer even if it is.  What are the chances that you got the same answer three questions in a row so you end up changing your answer. I hope i exlained it well.

Oh..is it this ! So, got nothing to do with the K-movie...coz' I very well remember  reading a MT post where the 'poster' wrote about how DS will end up with TK and then for some kind of weird closure her daughter (hyeri Jr.) and JH's son (RJY Jr.) will fall in  love..... Ha! Thanks for clarifying...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, binnielover said:

Same here. I did a quick glance of MT and dramabeans....want to counter answer for each and every weird logic..but why waste time on that....I will enjoy the anticipation and be sad only because we only have 2 more episodes left. Ah, also stalk RJY on twitter/Insta and listen to OSTs. 

Exactly. The way they are analysing everything was just... It wasn't even logic (legit saw a post where she was analysing the future husband's hair parting!!!). That's a bit too much for me. I'm sad there's only 2 episodes left too :( I stalk him on insta too and sometimes leave comments lol not that he will ever read it. :lol:

• Like 2

Waenyeol guys... I back read just a few minutes a while ago and what do I see here? Negativity :( 

Guys, I believe we shouldn't throw the narrative just yet just because we are shaken by these clues, some us have been there before, I know we all exist here for us reason: becasue we have this gut feeling that JH is the husband. Throw away those clues what we'll have is the unwavering love our sad little puppy and uri DS's first crush, heartbreak (SW) possible love interest (JH - and hubby for that matter) and now her confusion when another steps in (TK).

Although I'm not a fan of possibly liking 3/4 of her friends, it shows DS's growth in love too. When she changed her clothes after her date cancelled on her, I was like yeah go do that because I will definitely do that if I were her. That's just to show us her phase in dating already. But see, let us hold on to the fact that she def felt something when JH did all those heart fluttering things, she's unsure whether to date him if he really likes her (that means she entertains the idea yet hesitates because it's Gae Jung Pal after all), she's had strong feelings for him too but was overshadowed by her growth in life. It's somewhere deep down her heart. Like the unresolved issues that they have, it would continue to unravel so let's stay tune for that and not waver. :D

LET'S FLY HIGH JH-DS PASSENGERS!!!!

• Like 17

1 minute ago, papulichan said:

Oh..is it this ! So, got nothing to do with the K-movie...coz' I very well remember  reading a MT post where the 'poster' wrote about how DS will end up with TK and then for some kind of weird closure her daughter (hyeri Jr.) and JH's son (RJY Jr.) will fall in  love..... Ha! Thanks for clarifying...

I understood it like this... That theory based on movie is stupid in my opinion. They are filming Reply 1988 and not 'Love Rain' all over again. 

You are welcome :)

• Like 3

I just rewatched E18 (and cried again on JH's confession) and on the scene where TK arrived first at the concert hall, I find it comforting that they didn't show how TK ran all the way to the concert hall and met DS there. They don't even show how worried he was when he heard the guy dumped DS or show how he ran to his car and race all the way there, as if the writer / PD purposely do that to make TK's appearance as a surprise for the viewer. It was all about JH running there and missed his timings because of his doubts and hesitance. I think that's enough to show who's the lead-est out of all the leads, no?
I'm forever #teamJunghwan so I still believe that he's the one. and even if he ends up not, well I'll bear all the mockery from some TK shippers but I still wont regret being in #teamJunghwan.

on the side note, this thread is going fast as always! have to read back lots of pages every time I came back. seriously, I love reading this thread so much it helps me ease my anxiety waiting for the next ep. thank you guys for all the awesome posts and insights :wub: 

it's 4 days to go now! and we will pass it just fine, we survived two weeks before anyway. :lol:

I read all these weird logics why Taek and not JH is the husband. Howsoever much the PD nim tries to troll us, taking some of them as real clues is like sheer waste of time. Its all common sense. For example:  

(Sarcasm plenty,please excuse,i need to get this out)

Adult DK gives coffee to her husband, so the husband must be TK. Why?? Just beacuse TK has 2 coffee scenes with DS, JH is not allowed to drink coffee ever in his life? And just because 25 years back she made some coffee for TK, she wont make same coffee for her husband if the husband is JH. In practical sense she would do everything she did/how she cared for people around her, and more for her husband irrespective of who the husband is. 

The only thing am worried about is the banmal JH speaks with No Eul during christmas gift scene and how the 2015 husband said that it took him 10 years to speak with No Eul informally. I hope someone will explain this and put my heart to ease.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, ner54 said:

Why did I think reading the comments section on dramabeans was a good idea lol. I wish people would stop with their TR/CB/JH/TK comparisons. All the boys are different in their own ways. Doesn't mean if JH/TK does something similar to TR/CB that their outcome (at the end of the series) would be the same as them. It's just a parallel scene. God. Sometimes I really wanna reply to every single one of them but I'm just gonna waste my time because they choose to see what they want to. Oh wells. Sorry for ranting :mellow:

I agree. there are lots of comments that I want to reply to, but it will be no use and people will probably see me as a blind shipper. so yeah, all I can do is just wait for Friday & Saturday and prove them wrong, I hope..

4 minutes ago, binnielover said:

I read all these weird logics why Taek and not JH is the husband. Howsoever much the PD nim tries to troll us, taking some of them as real clues is like sheer waste of time. Its all common sense. For example:  

(Sarcasm plenty,please excuse,i need to get this out)

Adult DK gives coffee to her husband, so the husband must be TK. Why?? Just beacuse TK has 2 coffee scenes with DS, JH is not allowed to drink coffee ever in his life? And just because 25 years back she made some coffee for TK, she wont make same coffee for her husband if the husband is JH. In practical sense she would do everything she did/how she cared for people around her, and more for her husband irrespective of who the husband is. 

The only thing am worried about is the banmal JH speaks with No Eul during christmas gift scene and how the 2015 husband said that it took him 10 years to speak with No Eul informally. I hope someone will explain this and put my heart to ease.

both TK and JH have showed that they use banmal to Noeul. on E14, Noeul asked TK for his signatures and TK replied with banmal too.