[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Hi guys. So I've slowly calmed down from that ending. I'm still sad though and my head hurts from crying. I swear when I first started this drama I was like "Ok.. This time I'm not gonna ship so hard like last time" but LOL THE IRONY 

Anyway, my favourite scenes from today has got to be:

1) The gang back together. I really missed them just hanging out in TK's room. 

2) The moment when JH and DS missed each other. The BGM, the slow-mo, the cinematography.. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL I AIN'T EVEN MAD THEY MISSED EACH OTHER

3) JH's confession scene, I really wanna watch the subbed version because from what I've read it's really beautiful and I like how he's actually so sincere during the scene (you can just feel it) and my heart just broke when he's like LOL JUST KIDDING but it pains him to say that!!! And those extra flashback scenes, bawled my eyes out :tears:

4) The parents being all lovey dovey to their children. They must've missed them so much when they were gone!

Also thank you so much for those who are being really positive, it makes me feel better. Even though JH have said his part (although he did it as a joke), I do believe hope that they will be a proper closure between JH and DS. His confession can't be the end coz what will they show in the next episode for JH? (I dare not say another girl..... :tears:) Heh. Even if it's not with DS, he WILL have to talk to TK regardless who the end game is.

I just watched the confession scene again and I seriously don't know what to make of her reaction, she's smiling but.. I"m torn between her being happy that JH finally confessed or that she's smiling because she's thankful that he likes her. Aishh this writer is really playing with my head idek why I'm overanalysing.. Sorry guys haha. As some of you said, there is still hope, I still think there is too given the earlier episodes and how they have SO MANY UNRESOLVED CONFLICTS but if the ending is not what we expected then let's cry together my friends... It'll take forever some time for me to get over it hahaha

Ehh I think this is the first time I wrote this long. Sorry guys I just had to vent it out to someone. Let's stay positive even though it's hard, ok? :D

• Like 16

This flashback compilation about Junghwan's feeling, his hidden smile, his racing heartbeats because of Deoksun, now I am 100% sure he is the husband. Don't be frustated guys. It's impossible that this heart fluttering flashbacks are merely just a filler episode and turn into nothing

• Like 24

Guys, I've got to get this out after watching this ep.

I've watched TONS of dramas. Good and bad crappy ones included. Answer series have always been one of my favs, and 1988 is of course the one I hold most dearly to my heart so far. 

There hasn't been any confession scenes that I've seen in any drama before that made me cry. JH's one is ep 18 was the first.

His lines, his acting, his facial expressions and the setting of the scene was just so soo sad. The fact that he has to resort to using this gathering to make his confession. No romantic atmosphere, no music, no preparations. The two of them weren't even alone!

My heart really broke seeing his wistful smile at the end. The fact that he had to turn his long-awaited confession into a JOKE! God knows how long he has been crushing on DS, it could jolly well be since they were little kids!

I'm not going to care how the scriptwriter is going to lead us to the end anymore, but I just want a proper closure for JH's love line. He deserves for DS to know how much he ever cared and loved her, to have the past misunderstandings cleared and for DS to know that he has always been there in those moments she thought he didn't care.

People says JH missed many of his chances and timing to confess. I agree, but what's sadder is that he knows he brought this on himself. But he still couldn't helped it. He chose to keep everything bottled so that hopefully his friends could stay happy. So he turned his confession to a laughing joke, turning the burden to be on himself and not DS.

I really love all the characters in this series, especially the gang of friends in 1988. Whoever gets to be the lucky guy called DS's husband has my blessing. I'm only wishing now that the story leading us there would be written beautifully and ended with meaning for all of the friends. Their friendship is too precious to be wasted on a messy husband mystery plot.

• Like 22

Yeah, I'm still positive JH is the husband. This is going exactly like when YJ confessed to SW in the karaoke room, he's saying goodbye to his first love and hoping to find closure and move on (he even gave the girl a ring too!). But did YJ manage to move on? Absolutely not. The ball is in DS's court now, the moment she shows that she likes him back then it's game over, no more husband hunting. I think that's why we haven't been able to read DS's reaction very well for the past few episodes now, PD-nim and writer-nim knows better now and purposely not want her to be so obvious (when she used to wear her heart on her sleeves all the time before). They're trying to show us that DS is still considering both options not realising they're turning their female lead into a flighty character from the outside.

From rewatching the proposal scene I can see that DS is touched, but when he pretended it was a joke she so obviously disappointed but didn't wanna show too much to DR and SW. I think if she really thinks it's a joke too she will be screaming and yelling that he just gave her a minor heart attack yada yada yada, but she just smiled bitterly and gone quiet.

And the last scene when the camera lingers on the ring.. maybe I'm just a cheapskate thinking why would someone leave a ring lying around, but someone will surely comeback to take that ring, right? (my bet is on DS). Atleast DR wanted that ring before, so shouldn't he atleast took it with him?

On to the future husband, he still screams JH to me. His awkward mannerism was exactly like when he first met Ja Hyun and Mi Ok, uncomfortable with strangers.

Lastly, just like I've said before, there's just not enough TK scenes compare to JH to make him the husband. 

• Like 19

To calm my nerves, I watched "Cheese in the trap"! Ha ha ha.... I am such a huge fan of the webtoon and I am liking the series so far!!!

I still don't know what to think to be honest.

I'll just say that:

No matter what happens, I am happy with JH. The confession was nice and if he is not the husband, I'll be happy with teh whole fate/timing and courage thing. It's been beautifully done. If he is the husband, then I'll be happy too.

• Like 14

*Has Taek ever narrated an episode? He hasn't. JungPal has, 2 times actually*

The Reply team would have made a whole new level of second male lead if really JungHwan isn't the husband. It's a history. So, let Kim Jung Hwan forever be remembered and honored in this k-drama land...

only if he is really the second lead (which I doubt) 

• Like 14

Guest wizengamot
3 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

Thanks sooo much for your posts in the earlier pages, it did calm me down but you know I just had to post it. I know I had to.

IKR WHY. WHY WHY WHY WHY. WHY.

wizengamot you're really a great JHDS shipper. 

But seriously though I don't know what's inside writer nim's head. Which way is she going towards and what the richards simmons is she gonna do with everyone.

giphy.gif

i really want to rant too but i can't because everyone is ranting and we're gonna crash if it'll continue haha. now that everyone had calmed down, although i want to rant now, lol it already passed hehe. (i think this is the reason why i got JH everytime on the R88 soulmate game on the MT hahaha)

anyway, it is really frustrating. this is my first time having this kind of super dragged husband hunting since i only watched R97 and although they drag it, the hunt was pretty obvious. however, i did not watch R94 so i was not briefed that the hunt had become this terrible. for the sake of keeping the hunt, a lot of time/ scene development was wasted.

anyway congratulations guys. not even two days had passed and it seems like we're gonna hit 400 pages woo!!!

3 minutes ago, woss said:

This is my first time posting here and actually still have some hope for JH to end up with DS. But why now everything points to TK more?? I don't get it.. Does someone notice the change in adult husband's attitude? In previous episodes he acts very much similar like JH. But in today's episode he acts more like TK. Still anticipating the last episode though...

But TK is not nervous in front of a camera but the future husband is. And they are in the public place even though he is somewhat rough he can't do that in public place. Still for me JH is the husband.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, ic3chubb3 said:
Spoiler

JH's confession to DS:

Deoksun-ah

I wanted to give this to you during graduation this year but somehow giving it to you only now.
I like you.
I said I like you.
Ya, do you even know the things I've done because of you?
I used to wait for over an hour every day in front of our house gates just to go to school together with you.
I couldn't go to sleep at all because I was so worried whenever you are not back home from the library.
"Why is she so late? Did she fell asleep again?"
Ya, you were everything on my mind. You!
When we chanced upon each other on the bus, when we went to the concert together, and when you gave me the shirt as my birthday gift on my birthday. I was really so happy that I thought I'm going crazy.
I missed you a dozen times even each day, and I was just really happy each time when I could see you.
I wanted to tell you this a long time before.

I really like you.
I love you.

Script in Korean because it's so beautiful that I'm crying.

덕선아

올해 졸업할 때 줄려 그랬는데 이제준다
나 너 좋아해
좋아한다구
야 내가 너 때문에 무슨 짓 까지 했는 줄 아냐?
너랑 같이 학교갈려구 매일아침 대문앞에서 한시간넘게 기다리구
너 독서실에서 집에 올 때 까지 나 너 걱정돼서 한 숨도 못 잤어
얘가 왜 이렇게 늦지? 또 잠들었나?
야 내 신경은 온통 너였어 너
버스에서 우연히 마주쳤을 때 같이 콘서트 갔을 때
그리고 내 생일날 너한테 셔츠선물 받았을 때
나 정말 좋아서 돌아버리는 줄 알았어
하루에도 열두번도 더 보고싶고 만나면 그냥 좋았어
옛날부터 얘기하고 싶었는데 나 너 진짜 좋아

사랑해

Thank you so much for this.

I'll cry a thousand time for him. It's just too heartbreaking. I'll just pretend his confessions stopped in "Saranghae", okay? I couldn't handle his fake smiles and the fact that both DR and SW didn't know him well enough to see he wasn't kidding. He's too alone in this. I can't even be mad at him for being a coward. He's in too much pain. I'm being so emotional about this, I cried again while writing this.:tears: DS know he's being sincere. I just need to believe that to survive the week. She's the only one who knew that he actually did everything he told her and if that's not good enough for her, maybe they're really not belong together.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, ic3chubb3 said:

I really love all the characters in this series, especially the gang of friends in 1988. Whoever gets to be the lucky guy called DS's husband has my blessing. I'm only wishing now that the story leading us there would be written beautifully and ended with meaning for all of the friends. Their friendship is too precious to be wasted on a messy husband mystery plot.

you know what.. I like what you post.. agree hope that the whole husband hunting doesn't kills the drama.. I think we r watching melodrama tonight especially for JH part. isn't it? I wonder if this really happens in real life.. timing is everything? 

• Like 7

guys.... i just finished the raw........ I had some stuffs to do and watched it late and I just finished it and..................... I cried in happy tears when JH 'confessed' and then when he said "are u happy now" to DR I just...................................... start screaming and jumping all over the room screaming "no" and cried even more when they showed flashback scenes of JH doing all of those secretly. wtf wtf and no preview richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons you lee woojung omg richard simmons HOW CAN I WAIT ANOTHER WEEK NOW JUST HOW.

25 minutes ago, ic3chubb3 said:

JH's confession to DS:

Deoksun-ah

I wanted to give this to you during graduation this year but somehow giving it to you only now.
I like you.
I said I like you.
Ya, do you even know the things I've done because of you?
I used to wait for over an hour every day in front of our house gates just to go to school together with you.
I couldn't go to sleep at all because I was so worried whenever you are not back home from the library.
"Why is she so late? Did she fell asleep again?"
Ya, you were everything on my mind. You!
When we chanced upon each other on the bus, when we went to the concert together, and when you gave me the shirt as my birthday gift on my birthday. I was really so happy that I thought I'm going crazy.
I missed you a dozen times even each day, and I was just really happy each time when I could see you.
I wanted to tell you this a long time before.

I really like you.
I love you.

Script in Korean because it's so beautiful that I'm crying.

덕선아

올해 졸업할 때 줄려 그랬는데 이제준다
나 너 좋아해
좋아한다구
야 내가 너 때문에 무슨 짓 까지 했는 줄 아냐?
너랑 같이 학교갈려구 매일아침 대문앞에서 한시간넘게 기다리구
너 독서실에서 집에 올 때 까지 나 너 걱정돼서 한 숨도 못 잤어
얘가 왜 이렇게 늦지? 또 잠들었나?
야 내 신경은 온통 너였어 너
버스에서 우연히 마주쳤을 때 같이 콘서트 갔을 때
그리고 내 생일날 너한테 셔츠선물 받았을 때
나 정말 좋아서 돌아버리는 줄 알았어
하루에도 열두번도 더 보고싶고 만나면 그냥 좋았어
옛날부터 얘기하고 싶었는데 나 너 진짜 좋아

사랑해

I could understand everything he said, luckily, my little korean was enough to understand these things, that's why I bawled like crazy. It was actually the best confession I ever heard. Also my first drama confession which made me cry like a baby. If only he didn't back off and those two stupid ''friends'' didn't get it. JHADKDDIUHDUHLDHAKSHDLKSHDKLDHWEHD!!!

• Like 15

and it is possible if BR and SW married then DS and TK too? if im their parents i will never give my blessing , uhmm.. or maybe i dont give them blessing cause... im jungpal shipper... ehm... ahh im going to sleep, bye chinguyaa find strength be happy cause we still have uri joonreol shi  

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, kyung16 said:

This is my first time here and first post will be about me fighting with myself to not be crying over a drama, moreover a fictional character.

I was ready to throw myself before due to the anger built up inside after TK showed up first in front of the concert hall and my suddenly lagging streaming just in time with the confession scene.

I tried to calmly watched the confession scene again for couple of times and one thing for sure even with my limited Korean, JH DIDN'T SAY HE WAS JOKING. He ended his confession with "I Love You" and then he turned to DR to say "Was that enough you idiot? It's your wish", and SW & DR conclude it was overall jokes, so JH just laughs it off along with DS. He didn't say he was joking.

My heart hurt so bad watching his confession and his face after he saw DS looking at the front door. I never knew I can root for a character so much and his happiness affect me to the point where I watched ep 17 with anger because DS sets her mind to TK's gestures for the whole episode, whether or not she finally decided she likes TK.

I won't say I still sure JH is the end game because I don't want to be more hurt with my own opinion, if and just if TK ended being the husband instead. I hope JH can be with anyone he dearly loves and I can see his love sick puppy personalities again next week.

I never knew Ryu Jun Yeol will be the next one from his group who I will ended love because I thought after Byun Yo Han and Ji Soo, I will love Hee Chan instead. Waiting for another drama with him, but hopefully not a makjang drama kkk

mte.... junghwan is being sincere here. when he said "it's your wish", i don't know but i feel like he's saying "ok, that's it. i confessed to her. I'm a romantic guy now, right?" and before he said that to dr, he was caught up in the moment and inhaled. but it's sunwoo and dongryong who didn't catch it so they just laughed it off AND that makes junghwan did the same but while looking at the other side.

ON A SIDE NOTE, do you notice junghwan's tiny smile when he said "joahandagu"? uh my poor heart

tumblr_inline_muzvx8jArm1r3x1tm.gif

• Like 18

1 minute ago, woss said:

This is my first time posting here and actually still have some hope for JH to end up with DS. But why now everything points to TK more?? I don't get it.. Does someone notice the change in adult husband's attitude? In previous episodes he acts very much similar like JH. But in today's episode he acts more like TK. Still anticipating the last episode though...

You know what. I believe it was Shin PD-nim who asked Kim Joo-Hyuk to act like that haha. He wants things to stay vague UNTIL ep 20 when the identity of the husband will finally be revealed. He's been very careful not to make it too obvious.

• Like 13