[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

So all that aside, there was a tiny part of me that was also worried after seeing the 2nd teaser because we went from IU's very sad and teary visage below in teaser 1, to her really light, almost non-affected scenes in teaser 2. I did enjoy IU's scenes (Haesoo's speaking parts mainly), however they felt a bit disjointed from some of the other scenes -- especially at the mid-section when you hear 8's voice speaking softly and earnestly (I just don't know what he's saying :(); and also at the end when you hear Wangso say with soft conviction and feeling that he will never let Haesoo go. So basically the light comedy, at least for me, didn't mesh too well with those parts at all. 

[...]

If you recall back to the first Youku teaser in July, we saw that there will be many scenes in which Haesoo will have to show she's scared, confused, and heartbroken, and we also saw a tiny bit of that showcased in the first K-version teaser as well. So for as much as I am a little dissatisfied with how she was portrayed in Teaser 2, we can expect Haesoo/IU to be a part of some very serious story arcs.

Hi, while I share with everyone's concern about the OST for this second teaser (for sageuks I'd prefer something more classically/ traditionally sounding), I'm still optimistic about the tone in this teaser. The first few years of the heroine (in the novel) when she found herself in the new environment was pretty light-hearted (apart from some few moments of nostalgia and homesickness, which wasn't too emotionally heavy) and full of comedy as she gradually adjusted from her modern mannerism to that of a much more ancient time's, and the humour comes from such discrepancy when the gap has yet to close. There was tension among different fractions led by different princes, but it had not yet reached climax (the climax came along with the end of the heroine's relationship with the 8th prince and her newly found romance with the 4th, and also with the king's aging and ailing health), so I guess what we watched from the teaser could completely be anticipated. What makes this teaser lacking is the background information as to when all of these light-hearted and fun moments happened. I agree that there should have been more clues that this is at the beginning of Haesoo's journey.

• Like 10

For teaser 1 when haesoo has teary eyes... thats time haesoo is really mature person and sad because his lover (4th prince) do a terrible thing . He can kill a lot of people abd even he can punish his own brother to go into jail/prison 

@maskros ya..  if they give us the climax in the teaser maybe we can guess the plot because this is a drama remake of the c-version and it can't be many people not want to watch...and this is pre-produce drama..

The teaser should be make people watch the drama every week.. thats why I'm not worry about the teaser ... they can give us more in the ending of next ep preview

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, maskros said:

Hi, while I share with everyone's concern about the OST for this second teaser (for sageuks I'd prefer something more classically/ traditionally sounding), I'm still optimistic about the tone in this teaser. The first few years of the heroine (in the novel) when she found herself in the new environment was pretty light-hearted (apart from some few moments of nostalgia and homesickness, which wasn't too emotionally heavy) and full of comedy as she gradually adjusted from her modern mannerism to that of a much more ancient time's, and the humour comes from such discrepancy when the gap has yet to close. There was tension among different fractions led by different princes, but it had not yet reached climax (the climax came along with the end of the heroine's relationship with the 8th prince and her newly found romance with the 4th, and also with the king's aging and ailing health), so I guess what we watched from the teaser could completely be anticipated. What makes this teaser lacking is the background information as to when all of these light-hearted and fun moments happened. I agree that there should have been more clues that this is at the beginning of Haesoo's journey.

The underwhelming effect of teaser 2 is not about its light hearted tone or that of IU'S fish out of the water character. In fact, the teaser just doesn't oozes enough vibe to be enticing. I was turned off by the modern music mostly and feel bad that most scenes featuring IU seem disconnected. Weekly teaser is different than promotion teaser cos viewers will decide whether to come back since they have watched the drama but promotion teasers are super important cos we need to get people to watch and then let them judge and decide. Not catching their interest will not get them to even try watching which will be a waste. I am crossing my fingers and praying that they will elevate the quality of their promotion hereafter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maria Brimstone said:

And omg that birthday scene! I'm so happy they included that! It was so sweet in the c-version and looks even more adorable in this one! You can even see her manga style drawings of 10th Prince pasted on the walls behind them LOLOL. She seems to have found a way to make cake then too haha. It was even better as you could see Wang So and Yeon Hwa off to the side staring at their celebration. These details are so impressive!

I think it's a stack of gift boxes but find it's strange too that they're wrapped in white. I don't know about Korean history and culture regarding gift-wrapping but I guess since it was Goryeo they were still heavily influenced by Chinese culture and white wrappings were often avoided because this colour was usually used in funerals, so I hope that it was because the scene is far off and those white-looking things are something else rather than gift boxes, or this could be a minor historical detail done wrong.

If it's the yellow thing that you were referring to then why yes, that could be a cake. Actually I believe you can still make cakes in Goryeo time too :D There were ovens then because some of the cakes were baked goods, but they would be traditional stone ovens. Flour was around in those days too (because people ate dumplings so there should be flour to make the shells with), and whisk can be easily replaced by using a bunch of chopsticks tied at one end and kept a little loose at the other. I tried that type of make-shift whisk once too and it worked wonder. Both for the cake and for my arms (it was one hell of an exercise let me tell you LOL), so if Haesoo actually made a cake it would be VERY difficult for 10th prince not to fall for her haha.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, sukbin said:

The underwhelming effect of teaser 2 is not about its light hearted tone or that of IU'S fish out of the water character. In fact, the teaser just doesn't oozes enough vibe to be enticing. I was turned off by the modern music mostly and feel bad that most scenes featuring IU seem disconnected. Weekly teaser is different than promotion teaser cos viewers will decide whether to come back since they have watched the drama but promotion teasers are super important cos we need to get people to watch and then let them judge and decide. Not catching their interest will not get them to even try watching which will be a waste. I am crossing my fingers and praying that they will elevate the quality of their promotion hereafter.

Yeah I understand your concern perfectly, but I guess since they've released quite substantial bits in the 5-minute preview and the first teaser there would be much more limited materials to work with for later teasers without giving away the whole story. We who have watched or read, even just the synopsis, would know how the story unfolds but I guess they still need to withhold major bits of this adaptation to attract viewers. This is not to disagree with you at all. Actually I think this is partly why both the teaser this time and the promotional posters are less well-done closer to the airing date, and we've got the marketing department and the editting team to blame. I mean, just compare the motions posters and the first stills released a few months earlier. I don't know about you guys but I was turned off by most of the motion posters actually (apart from LJK's and HJH's, and the background music in KHN's poster which are either mesmerising or really fitting). This comes as a surprise for me (and not a nice one at that) considering how close to the premier date we are and how big the budget for this drama is. I think the editting team should have done all the actors and actresses better justice. We have been provided with stunning posters and epic trailer/ preview at the beginning of the promotion stage so it's such a shame that now we have to settle with promotional materials much less in quality.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, elviraxxx said:

What character will Seohyun play?
Love her poster :heart:

She is playing princess Wohee. Her character is interesting. She is the last living descendant of a ruined country and wants to take revenge on Goryeo Emperor (King Taejo)…so she infiltrates as a gisaeng in the palace. In the process she fell in love with 13th prince (one of King Taejo's son) who is played by Nam Joo Hyuk. That's why 13th prince motion poster said "Can I love you if I am not a prince?".

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, sukbin said:

I think that they are probably struggling to pick out sections for the teasers without spoiling anything. Considering all they've already shown us with the posters and first teaser and 5min trailer, I do feel that it's pretty much covered. Not to mention all the character analysis that came out, relationship charts, and the internet novel and c-version to go off from. They probably have a hard time deciding what to give out to keep interest when the story line is 60% plus known already, and having to avoid spoiling any of their original inclusions and takes on the adaptation. 

I also feel like they're riding on the audience's hype of the casting and depending largely on that. It's almost as if they aren't putting in that much effort into promoting due to their stellar cast because a large viewing is almost guaranteed by people who would stick around no matter what for their idol or something. I kinda get that vibe especially from posters. Like, look! The pretty people you are all excited to see! I want teasers on the characters and plot, not just casts in costumes. I mean, we only had posters to feed off from for about a week. But I suppose when you start promoting early, the team needs to stretch out their resources in order to survive the long wait

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

She is playing princess Wohee. Her character is interesting. She is the last living descendant of a ruined country and wants to take revenge on Goryeo Emperor (King Taejo)…so she infiltrates as a gisaeng in the palace. In the process she fell in love with 13th prince (one of King Taejo's son) who is played by Nam Joo Hyuk. That's why 13th prince motion poster said "Can I love you if I am not a prince?".

Woooooow, a woman with revenge...

I worship LJK, no question. But this pairing looks interesting despite lesser airtime, naturally. Please be a good character Wohee!

• Like 7

Our Khottie Cup Runneth Over in 2nd Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Teaser

a12a3.png

I am not sure how my poor fangirl heart is going to handle 20 episodes of all this khottiness.  It is literally overwhelming how gorgeous everyone is.  But I will bite the bullet and suffer so all of our readers can appreciate the pretty.  That’s right, I am doing this all for you.SYNOPSIS: The story set up in the early of Goryeo regime. Hae Soo, a 25-year-old girl from modern era got transported back to Goryeo dynasty and got trapped in the conflicts and struggles between princes of Wang’s House. There, she falls in love with Wang So, who makes other people tremble with fear. ~~ Based on Chinese novel “Bu Bu Jing Xin” by Tong Hua.

a12a4a12a7

We finally get a glimpse at spunky IU who plays our time traveling modern girl.  Lucky duck, getting to spy on a whole bevy of shirtless princes.  I am enjoying the vibe she is throwing out and I can understand why so many men would be enamored with her.

a12a5.png

I also love the alpha prince bad boy concept that Lee Joon Ki is sporting for this role.  He is very swoonworthy in a dangerous rogue sort of way.  Visually, he and IU are hitting all the right fangirl feelz.

a12a6.png

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo will begin on August 29th

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, zacklazchapellez said:

Our Khottie Cup Runneth Over in 2nd Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Teaser

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo will begin on August 29th

Oyy, bless my soul.

And it's not officially airing yet.

Be strong, my heart :dizzy:

• Like 12

After reading all the comments I went back and reviewed both teasers released by SBS. I know some of you are a little concerned but really both trailers are equally good.This 2nd teaser simply touches on more of the beginning of the story....  the happy moments after the heroine arrives.. Remember the C version? ...The adorable and fun 10th prince ?  The constant misunderstandings?  The whole getting acquainted with a new situation where everything is strange but fun and exciting,  Doesn't this lighter music sound like it would fit as this first episode's wrap up music?...  as it fades to previews....

In here... for us ...reading the comments....the anxiety...2 MORE WEEKS...it all reminds me of the build up of tension in a thriller... where the music is building and becoming more and more ominous ,,,,and you know "something" is about to happen.....Mwahahahahhahah! :w00t:

nervous...who us? :tears:

• Like 9