[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, churasan said:

November really is off to a lousy start.... I was already suffering from Scarlet Heart Ryeo withdrawal and now the election results...  With things like Brexit and this election, I fear that our world is getting more divided.  However, it's nice to know shows like Scarlet Heart Ryeo can bring fans from all around together.  Although the forum is not as active before, it's still nice to read messages from other members these days knowing that maybe people are feeling the same as me. 

I love time travel and Goryeo era dramas - those are my two most favorite genres.  A few years ago, I was a die-hard "Faith" fan and since then, I've waited for another of the same type. And finally, after waiting 4 years, SCR came out this year.  So, it saddens me to think that maybe I won't watch another storyline like this for a long time.  :tears:

HI @churasan do you know that the role of Lee Min-ho in Faith was originally for Lee Joon Gi? But our Oppa had to turn down the offer because he was in the military service.  I wonder if Faith had a good result in ratings. I watched Faith, liked it but it didn't leave a deep impact on me like MLSHR.  

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, kiinn said:

Yep, I'm not sure if there's any way to move on from SHR :sweatingbullets:

I put on SHR BGM on loop while driving, and when that 'Pastoral Morning' played, my heart felt like deep richard simmons, it's the music background when Wang So realised about his daughter. I had been a cautious driver but I almost bumped into other cars, cause I was watching the LJG Harpers Bazaar photoshoots while there's traffic jam. When I went to florist, the first thing I asked was if they had peonies ( I swear it was unconscious). The worst is last night Wang So appeared in my dream.

I have been watching LJG's past dramas, SNL, Fallon, Kimmel, Graham Norton, Dr. Strange, Netflix's Crown. NOTHING works. I'm doomed.  어떻게....

You are not alone. Please be happy knowing that I am as miserable as you. :blush:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I am too busy looking at the jawline I cant decphers anything :yum::heart:

Ditto. My brain goes out the window. Actually, whenever he post something on his IG my mind wanders and there's no stopping it.:grin:. Shame on me for thinking such and triple shame for posting my thoughts here.:blush:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Somehow I knew the result of the election will reach this thread. Can I say that the result is even more TRAGIC than MLSHR. Despite being so bloody, Goryeo's politics is not a sham, here is the biggest joke on earth. 

At least what happens in Kdrama-land stays in Kdrama-land. What happens in the USA, affect the whole world. 

Today we have witnessed the real America and though I'm not American, I am deeply sad for them. I have friends both American and non-American, and I fear for their lives. How could Trump’s message of hate, misogyny, and racism resonate with so many people?
The first black American President is replaced by a racist one! What an irony!
A Trump wins is a loss for all. 

@penelop3 Agree with you. A Trump wins is a loss for all. It's not  gonna affect America economy but worldwide economy. I think many people can foreseen or forecast that the world economy will continue to move towards slump, Trump has totally different perception in economy and political issues. He has no politics background. Not like WS, at least he stayed in palace to learn and study the institution of Goryeo's politics. WS take cares of the weak one but Trump is the racist one...:tears:

• Like 12

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If he'd given her the opportunity to explain rather than shutting her down...

I know what you're saying but I can't take sides. ;)

But it's time for me to let go.

Farewell @40somethingahjumma, I have thoroughly enjoyed all your posts and hope we will cross paths again somewhere in cyber world.  Have a happy life ! :)

13 hours ago, ShaiKeun said:

LJK  likes to help disadvantaged children. He is such a kind person like Wang So. So, freed all the slaves in Goryeo. He instituted the national civil service examination giving everyone, not only the rich and powerful people, the opportunity to work for the state.

photo cr to owner

He would make a great father, loving, kind and playful :wub:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

HI @churasan do you know that the role of Lee Min-ho in Faith was originally for Lee Joon Gi? But our Oppa had to turn down the offer because he was in the military service.  I wonder if Faith had a good result in ratings. I watched Faith, liked it but it didn't leave a deep impact on me like MLSHR.  

Won Bin, Jo In Sung, Kim Woo Bin and Gong Yoo turned down DOTS but Song Joong-Ki wanted the role. As they said, a film would feel different depending on the actor / actress. 

Faith did OK in ratings, around 11-13% mark, I think. Not as popular elsewhere too. 

I guess if not for LJG, MLSHR might have totally tanked in Korea & not be so on fire elsewhere. MLSHR did not do well in Korea, but elsewhere ... hey, we are losing our minds over a hand-veins & hand-kerchief. 

• Like 15

10 hours ago, Evangeline Yang said:

Yes, that time Goryeo no gold crown. Gwangjong was the first Monarch to declare independent from China as before that, their survival depended largely on China and Gwangjong declared himself as King while none of the previous 3 monarchs had the title King. His descendants all followed him after that to have the title king. That why I guess he wore a crown but as mentioned, the prop team messed up. I guess this is one of the few accessories they mess up.

Emperor is the title he took establishing the unification of the 3 kingdoms of Goryeo as an empire so that they no longer had to pay tribute to China.

• Like 8

I know I'm being late joining the hype when you guys were patiently waiting the episode each week. I promised myself that I won't join ongoing drama after Cheese In The Trap and DOTS, and promised myself again not to personally attached to any K-Drama cos the withdrawal symptom is really torturing. I hate to watch Saeguk since I know that the ending is (usually, esp based on history) really torturing. I've tried reallyyyyy hard not to watch this drama since I know how the ending will be like (yeah I've read the spoiler and read the story from Chinese version). Then I can't turn my head away from LJG since I'm so in love with him, especially him in Saeguk costumes. I almost couldn't sleep in watching this drama. I just can't stop. I only stop because I know that I need to teach in the following morning so I need to sleep. 1-9 eps, I was like "come on Wook, stay away from Hae Soo". I couldn't stop bothering my friend, who were crazy about this drama too, only for asking when So will be close to Soo, but not to spill the spoiler :D. I felt like I wanna punch Yeon Hwa's face everytime she appears. I've just finished the last episode last night and I just can't stop playing MLSHR ost (trust me, I always imagine So's face when he felt hurt thinking about Soo everytime I listen Davichi and Lee Hi' song for this ost) and pleaseee,,, I cried a river just watching this drama. huhuhuuhuhu

After reading this forum, I know I'm not alone to face the withdrawal symptom. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, misspiggie said:

Well for sure The Dump won't win the Nobel Prize for Peace during his first year in office. 

This is the ONLY thing I will mention regarding the election. I ask that you guys refrain from mentioning it further in this forum. PLEASE? Don't let my only place of escape be tainted by politics also.

Dow jones is down. Please consider consoling yourself with a stock market shopping spree! Shares are so cheap.:blush:

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

I love Faith too but Lee Joon Gi would have been perfect for the role. I don't know how much Lee Min Ho has grown as an actor now but then, his acting skill wasn't enough yet. 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

If I remember correctly  the ratings were not so good, at least there were not what they expected for in relation to the big budget of the production.-

I think Faith  was also  a preproduced production, something rather rare back then.The director-producer  ( Kim Jong Ha) in 90´s had  directed "Sandglass" one of  the most highrated (65% !)  kdramas ever. However,  Faith was/is considered as domestic flop, reaching an average of 10%. ( I just checked the ratings). The  aftermath was a financial disaster for the director/producer: he couldnt pay the cast, members of the cast sued him.On top of that he was accused of empezzlement, and  finally he commited suicide.

I was deeply fascinated by the drama when I watched it ( maybe a year ago), and, though I superliked LMH`s general Choi Young, now having seen LJG´s Wang So,  I couldn´t help to imagine how LJG would deliver  Choi Young  (and the comparison always favored LJG)

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20130723000715

http://mwave.interest.me/en/kpop-news/article/41608/faith-cast-rush-to-pay-respects

http://mwave.interest.me/en/kpop-news/article/41659/song-ji-na-says-the-cast-of-faith-have-nothing-to-be-sorry-for

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@penelop3 Agree with you. A Trump wins is a loss for all. It's not  gonna affect America economy but worldwide economy. I think many people can foreseen or forecast that the world economy will continue to move towards slump, Trump has totally different perception in economy and political issues. He has no politics background. Not like WS, at least he stayed in palace to learn and study the institution of Goryeo's politics. WS take cares of the weak one but Trump is the racist one...:tears:

I think it will affect US economy if he is truly true to his words and deported 11mio immigrants which resulted in 6% of labour loss in the USA. And if he refused free trade or going on a trade war with China, it also affects US economy. The way I see it, no silver lining here

Now I appreciate MLSHR's PDnim, at least they made So said "I will find you dear Soo" - this shred of hope that is bearable than Trump's politics. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, La_DolceVita said:

I know I'm being late joining the hype when you guys were patiently waiting the episode each week. I promised myself that I won't join ongoing drama after Cheese In The Trap and DOTS, and promised myself again not to personally attached to any K-Drama cos the withdrawal symptom is really torturing. I hate to watch Saeguk since I know that the ending is (usually, esp based on history) really torturing. I've tried reallyyyyy hard not to watch this drama since I know how the ending will be like (yeah I've read the spoiler and read the story from Chinese version). Then I can't turn my head away from LJG since I'm so in love with him, especially him in Saeguk costumes. I almost couldn't sleep in watching this drama. I just can't stop. I only stop because I know that I need to teach in the following morning so I need to sleep. 1-9 eps, I was like "come on Wook, stay away from Hae Soo". I couldn't stop bothering my friend, who were crazy about this drama too, only for asking when So will be close to Soo, but not to spill the spoiler :D. I felt like I wanna punch Yeon Hwa's face everytime she appears. I've just finished the last episode last night and I just can't stop playing MLSHR ost (trust me, I always imagine So's face when he felt hurt thinking about Soo everytime I listen Davichi and Lee Hi' song for this ost) and pleaseee,,, I cried a river just watching this drama. huhuhuuhuhu

After reading this forum, I know I'm not alone to face the withdrawal symptom. 

I cried A LOT, too! And because of that I realized that snot and mucus regenerate so quickly. Gross. But I kid you not. :expressionless:

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, reddiamond said:

Dow jones is down. Please consider consoling yourself with a stock market shopping spree! Shares are so cheap.:blush:

Yeah, but you never know when it will get back up again. I dont think it'll be in near future. Unless you have extra money to spend and not worrying on the return, I'd say wait and see. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, moon_nebula said:

I try and I try but I can't stop thinking about MLSHR...my Monday and Tuesday feels so empty without it. I'm constantly perusing the forums, checking and rechecking LJG and IU's instagram for more teasers...anything to fuel my love for MLSHR~~ I'm like a girl who keeps waiting for a sign from their ex-boyfriend even though it may never come :tears:

On an unrelated note, now that I've had some time to think about it... I think I understand why I can't let go of the OTP. Honestly I don't remember ever being attached to a couple from a kdrama this much before. Personally I have always had a serious case of second lead syndrome; sometimes I may even quit watching a kdrama halfway because I know the main female lead will not end up with my desired male choice. I would have liked more episodes dedicated to So-Soo scenes, but I don't think the build-up was really a bad thing. I think it actually made me like the couple more; to me, it actually felt like So was the second lead for the longest time...because he was the one pining after Soo and not receiving any love in return. He gave her his whole heart and she didn't accept him. It was only later, after a period of time, when she warmed up to him and finally reciprocated his love. This really appealed to me because in this case, the second lead became the male lead. Finally, my guy gets the girl! :)

It is a bit sad to see everyone go, whereas I am still discovering the many reasons why I love this series so much. I can't let go just yet... still waiting for something more ~~ 

I am re-editing the drama as therapy. I only managed to cut out 5 min from episode one lol. Every time I want to cut a scene I debate with myself about whether I like it or need it etc. *sigh* I always end up keeping it. I finally edited the last scene of SoSoo's first meeting the way it should have been (not the choppy patchwork that it had) and removed the drumroll at the beginning of the OST :w00t:.  I anticipate, the biggest cuts I will make will be the all too many and long Soo-Wook scenes and some that are not essential to the story BA-WH etc. Hopefully by the time I am finished I would be able to move on to the next drama.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Wah....never ending post of pictures.Are LJK and IU playing a secret game with each other?:wub:Based on this,I'm thinking LJK travelled across the passage of time and space to reach her.He appeared in 21st century looking like that.Just my weird guess.

I dont understand his post. What does it mean?!?! :blink:

• Like 4