[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hi, the 5th CARI Kdrama Awards conducted among Malaysian fans under Malaysian Kdrama Critics and Fans Society (Kmania) has just concluded the last few days.

Moon lovers won the Best Cinematography while one of its cast, Lee Jun Ki won the Popular Actor prize.

Here, the results as follows:

5th CARI Kdrama Awards

Excellence Categories:

(WON)
Best Cinematography

(NOMINATED)

Best Actor - Lee Jun Ki

Best Album Production

Best Original Score

Popular Categories:
(WON)

Popular Actor - Lee Jun Ki

(NOMINATED)
The Most memorable scene - “I’m not a pathetic man who drinks poison for a girl”
Popular Ahjussi - Sung Dong Il
Popular Rookie Actor - Nam Joo Hyuk
Drama Poster Choice

Source: http://www.kmania.org/5th-cari-2016-k-drama-awards/

• Like 11

@qwenli shared this JG/IU fan video-translation of the JG Taiwan Fan Meet on January 8th in the shipper thread.  I hope it is ok for me to share it here in the MLSHR thread!

It includes the full version of the "hankie" reenactment (right around 11:00) and it is great to see the whole crowd reaction during their time onstage.  Thank you @qwenli!!!  

• Like 12

6 hours ago, cari.2013.kdrama_at_gmail.com_stv said:

Hi, the 5th CARI Kdrama Awards conducted among Malaysian fans under Malaysian Kdrama Critics and Fans Society (Kmania) has just concluded the last few days.

Moon lovers won the Best Cinematography while one of its cast, Lee Jun Ki won the Popular Actor prize.

Here, the results as follows:

5th CARI Kdrama Awards

Excellence Categories:

(WON)
Best Cinematography

(NOMINATED)

Best Actor - Lee Jun Ki

Best Album Production

Best Original Score

Popular Categories:
(WON)

Popular Actor - Lee Jun Ki

(NOMINATED)
The Most memorable scene - “I’m not a pathetic man who drinks poison for a girl”
Popular Ahjussi - Sung Dong Il
Popular Rookie Actor - Nam Joo Hyuk
Drama Poster Choice

Source: http://www.kmania.org/5th-cari-2016-k-drama-awards/

There is one award that this drama deserves the most: "Best Actor". For me, Wang So was a performance of a lifetime. 

• Like 10

On 14/1/2017 at 2:02 PM, wenlhy said:

I think the purpose of Soo asking him to write is because she want to learn his writing, that's why Jung said her writing was so similar from him in the last episode.

maybe, but i thought she already knew his writing from all the practicing she had when the poem was given to her 

On 14/1/2017 at 10:29 PM, lynpon said:

Sorry to cut short your post. I just want to give some (lame) excuses in Soo's stead.

The post above points out that the scene CR was beaten to death is a parallel to the scene YH hit CR in ep 4. If we remember in ep4 CR was punished for her action yet the real mastermind behind was Soo, so Soo thought it must be her who should be hit. The same applies for ep 18, before reading CR's letter, Soo only thought CR was a tool in the game of throne. She was used and sacrificed while the masterminds behind the crime were still alive, untouched. That's why Soo said CR's only crime was being born as a slave. It was nothing but the consistency in Hae Soo character. Though she had lived in Goryeo for years. Imo, her unchanged desire for justice and fairness should be admired and not be hated.

(Just some random thoughts of mine)

First of all thank you for giving your POV… I really need to understand Soo, so I tried hard to understand and accept what you said but...

I must say that I’m against death penalty, no matter the crime. I don’t believe in wars. I can understand killing when it’s because of self defense. But I can accept death in a fictional world when it’s justified. In CR’s case I know she was born a slave, but I don’t think she killed Moo (and she was the perpetrator) because she was born a slave. She did it because Won asked her to do it. I believe that in every situation people have options, she said yes when she could say no. She could say that she would rather die than kill Moo. She could go to Soo and tell her the truth. But she decided to kill Moo in a slow and painful way, she watched everyday as Moo got worse and didn´t show a sign of remorse. If she was threatened to do it, it was never shown to us. Anyway I don´t think she was threatened, because she wasn’t afraid of Won, she wasn’t disgusted or resented either. She was begging Won to take her with him. So she didn’t see anything wrong in killing someone who never did anything against her, someone she must knew was a good person. But let’s accept that she didn’t care about killing Moo or she even thought it was ok for a greater good (in case Won brainwashed her). The thing is she knew she was framing Soo and she couldn’t care less. Worst of all in her last letter she never acknowledge she did wrong or repent, for her it was all about “poor CR” who was in love… so I would never forgive CR, in fact she’s the only character I truly hate in the drama, she spoiled for me every scene she’s in. And I can’t understand Soo when she’s taking CR’s side.

Sorry for the rant, hughs to you!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, missmaudy said:

There is one award that this drama deserves the most: "Best Actor". For me, Wang So was a performance of a lifetime. 

Actually, the Best Actor category was in tough competition. Lee Jun Ki had to compete with Jo Jin Woong (Signal), Jo Jung Suk (Jealousy Incarnate), Seo In Guk (Shopping King Louis) and Jang Hyuk (Beautiful Mind). Malaysian fans had made decision to award the prize to Jo Jin Woong (Signal). Also, it didn't mean Lee Jun Ki was not good enough. It was just that he had to compete with the other actors who delivered good performances as well.

And suprisingly, in popular category, Lee Jun Ki was awarded the top Popular Actor prize, defeating the other nominees like Song Joong Ki (Descendants of The Sun), Park Bo Gum (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds) , Lee Jong Suk (W) and Jo Jung Suk (Jealousy Incarnate) which meant that he was nodded as the most popular korean actor in Malaysia.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, cari.2013.kdrama_at_gmail.com_stv said:

Actually, the Best Actor category was in tough competition. Lee Jun Ki had to compete with Jo Jin Woong (Signal), Jo Jung Suk (Jealousy Incarnate), Seo In Guk (Shopping King Louis) and Jang Hyuk (Beautiful Mind). Malaysian fans had made decision to award the prize to Jo Jin Woong (Signal). Also, it didn't mean Lee Jun Ki was not good enough. It was just that he had to compete with the other actors who delivered good performances as well.

And suprisingly, in popular category, Lee Jun Ki was awarded the top Popular Actor prize, defeating the other nominees like Song Joong Ki (Descendants of The Sun), Park Bo Gum (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds) , Lee Jong Suk (W) and Jo Jung Suk (Jealousy Incarnate) which meant that he was nodded as the most popular korean actor in Malaysia.

This solely my point view. I have started all dramas mentioned above. While I do agree Signal was good as it was one of the few 4 dramas that I have endured to the last episode but if we talk about 100% performance and an objective comparison of both characters in those dramas- Wang So was better portrayed by a mile. If it was LJG Jang Tae San's performance in Two Weeks, then I would say , yes, it's tough competition against JJM.

Well, it is just me. I hope legit awarding bodies would actually recognise LJG epic performance as Wang So. He has been in the industry for more 15 years & everytime he delivers an amazing performance, I don't think all he deserves is popularity award. That is not fair. Also, the fact that when there's a hype about him, it's all about his performance. He achieved the second wave of his popularity not because the majority love Moon Lovers but because of his phenomenal performance in the drama. It's kind of ironic that he didn't get the best performance award. 

Having said that, I am still grateful that he received something.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 13

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

This solely my point view. I have started all dramas mentioned above. While I do agree Signal was good as it was one of the few 4 dramas that I have endured to the last episode but if we talk about 100% performance and an objective comparison of both characters in those dramas- Wang So was better portrayed by a mile. If it was LJG Jang Tae San's performance in Two Weeks, then I would say , yes, it's tough competition against JJM.

Well, it is just me. I hope legit awarding bodies would actually recognise LJG epic performance as Wang So. He has been in the industry for more 15 years & everytime he delivers an amazing performance, I don't think all he deserves is popularity award. That is not fair. Also, the fact that when there's a hype about him, it's all about his performance. He achieved the second wave of his popularity not because the majority love Moon Lovers but because of his phenomenal performance in the drama. It's kind of ironic that he didn't get the best performance award. 

Agree with everything you said. I'm not crazy about So because he's pretty or because I like LJG. I' m crazy about So because to me he's like a living person, he's so real to me. And he made me root and care for him from start to end. And that's because of LJG awesome and breathtaking acting. I'm obssesed with LJG right now because of So and not viceversa. And I believe it's the same for many of his current or new fans. Even if i loved him since i watched King and the Clown. He deserves an acting reward for his performance as So

• Like 13

11 hours ago, missmaudy said:

5 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Agree with everything you said. I'm not crazy about So because he's pretty or because I like LJG. I' m crazy about So because to me he's like a living person, he's so real to me. And he made me root and care for him from start to end. And that's because of LJG awesome and breathtaking acting. I'm obssesed with LJG right now because of So and not viceversa. And I believe it's the same for many of his current or new fans. Even if i loved him since i watched King and the Clown. He deserves an acting reward for his performance as So

Ditto!  Let's hope for some future recognition.  

I know the Soompi vote is over and unless some miracle occured, we didn't get him up in the top 3 for Actor. :cry::angry: I wonder when they will post the results of all the categories.  

And since this isn't just the LJG thread, here is Woo-Hee aka Seohyun in modern day Korea.  

No sign of Nam Joo-hyuk.  :(

• Like 9

I watch other dramas but nothing beats MLSHR. I am not saying that this drama is perfect. I just can't stop myself from watching it again and again. 

Anyway, i found this video while browsing on YT. I really like it and i hope you'll like it too.

Christmas is over. Valentine's day is coming and yet i am still pining over this drama. What sorcery is this?!

• Like 18

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/18/15-must-watch-k-dramas-2016/

SHR1-540x573.jpg

“Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” is one of the most addicting shows of 2016. From episode to episode, the broody Lee Joon Gi and the time traveling IU capture our hearts and keep us in a constant state of curiosity. Add a gaggle of handsome and ambitious brothers to the mix and “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” is a feast for the eyes and the heart. Lee Joon Gi plays a displaced prince who has led a difficult life because of the times and because of his scarred visage. It is the veteran actor’s intense acting that carried this drama from start to finish, shedding his pretty boy aura for that of a tough warrior.

<< @Silvermaine posted this in the LJG thread>>>>>

• Like 16

One-shot fanfic.

Anything You Can Do [HERE @ AO3]

Summary: “You’re the only thing on my wish list,” he murmured.

Ha Jin slapped his shoulder. “No flirting in front of your family!” she hissed under her breath.

“You’re the one sitting on my lap,” So retorted.

In which Ha Jin and So accidentally get Eun the same gift for Christmas. 

If you’re interested in reading more of my Moon Lovers fanfiction, check out my tumblr tag here. :) 

• Like 4

Chingus, somehow I found myself rewatching the old MLSHR trailers. Especially watching the first teaser made me feel so nostalgic :unsure: I remember watching it countless of times back when it was first released and how hyped I was.

It's so strange to watch trailers after the end of a series and remember the time when we didn't know anything yet and waited for the slightest crump of information. In a way, MLSHR turned out completely different from my imaginations when watching the trailers back then, but in another way it did live up to my expectations and the hype hasn't died down yet completely. That's why I probably still can't move on and am still hanging around this thread. Can anyone here relate? :D

And isn't it incredible how beautiful fanarts still keep coming months later? These here from asong1101 are just gorgeous! I can imagine reading MLSHR as a manhwa and everyone looking exactly like this... 

And one more SoSoo fanart by the same artist. One of the very few fluffy SoSoo scenes we got to see in MLSHR :wub:

Spoiler

• Like 12

Watching Two Weeks and remembered that Kang Ha Neul, who cameo'd here, wanted to play a young dad in his next role, just like Joon Gi does in Two Weeks! AHHHHH the links between the cast is so cute! He must really idolize Joon Gi <3 <3

lee-joon-gi-kang-ha-neul.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Well considering he rejected those beautiful gifts and have ignored everything we've tried to say, I'm pretty sure we're never going to hear from him about MLSHR again. :(:(:(

so sad :(:(:( just a little part of me is still optimistic because if they didn't want to show a happy ending they could have not mentioned the happy ending at all. Did they mention it just to draw attention to the drama and the actors? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, makino92 said:

so sad :(:(:( just a little part of me is still optimistic because if they didn't want to show a happy ending they could have not mentioned the happy ending at all. Did they mention it just to draw attention to the drama and the actors? 

Sometimes my brain wanders into this territory as well.  Was this information put "out there" to see how much of an impact it would make?  How do they measure that impact?  By tweets? Social Media mentions?  I mean there was even a petition to have Season 2 with over 50,000 signatures.  

I even wondered with the re-enactment scene at the recent Taiwan fan meetings/concerts...was that also a test to see what demand would arise from the masses?  Instead of any demand for Season 2, more footage released, etc, it seemed to have placated many injured souls. But was that the intent?  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Sometimes my brain wanders into this territory as well.  Was this information put "out there" to see how much of an impact it would make?  How do they measure that impact?  By tweets? Social Media mentions?  I mean there was even a petition to have Season 2 with over 50,000 signatures.  

I even wondered with the re-enactment scene at the recent Taiwan fan meetings/concerts...was that also a test to see what demand would arise from the masses?  Instead of any demand for Season 2, more footage released, etc, it seemed to have placated many injured souls. But was that the intent?  

I just don't get it because if it's just marketing it's stupid because there aren't MLSHR products to sell °__° just the OST CD  and the Japanese DVD °__° maybe they want other countries to air Moon Lovers °_______° or just draw attention °_° the petition has reached 62,000 signatures :D 

• Like 4