[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

It is probably best if we don't over thinking that SOON means. If they decided to give us special episode that is great. But don't put your hope up 'cause we don't know if they ever going to release it.

We need to protect our sanity :grimace:

The soon might be him doing another project for his fans. Not scarlet heart related. I have already stopped pining for a different ending. 

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Unfortunately not. I'm beginning to really dislike the "soon-->".

They should either show us the deleted clip quickly or - in case they want to keep us waiting any longer - prepare a really good surprise for us (like a special episode)... Otherwise it'll still leave people upset and wondering why the original ending wasn't  shown in the first place. 

Actually I wish I wouldn't even have read that they cut something from the final. I was okay with the ending until I knew it was meant to be different. This is far worse than waiting for christmas presents. :crazy::sweatingbullets:

I completely agree with you. They seriously need to make it clear about what they're going to do about the cut scenes. I don't mind waiting but the problem is that we don't even know if we're waiting for anything! They might not even release and if they're not going to I'd rather they confirm it now so I can quit waiting around and just move on. It's just making me angrier by the day. What has this show done to me!?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, runitaaa said:

just thinking they did it once, I already want to throw up! how come you said every time??? 

LOL @runitaaa, unless you are a straight shooter, there is a chance you may need to do repeat. Beside,... they had 5 or 6 children at the end. I actually impress with WS considering his daddy had 29 wives, he only had 1 or sort of 2. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Beautifully said, dear. That's exactly how I see it too. This has been the approach of the writer right from the start and she's left morsels and breadcrumbs every step of the way to demonstrate that. At the end of the day this drama is a tragedy and I think the open ending reflects that.

I don't always like open-endings but here I think it works because the impact of the tragedy is longer-lasting. The fact that many of us are still here hanging around mourning the end of the show and suffering terrible withdrawals is testament to the power of a tragic tale. A case in point: Which of Shakespeare's plays are most remembered by us? Hamlet? Romeo and Juliet? Macbeth? It's the tragedies.

What you say here also reminds me of AC Bradley's thesis of the tragic hero's fatal flaw. Bradley was a literary scholar who posited (after Aristotle) that most or if not all of Shakespeare's tragic heroes had a fatal flaw. Macbeth, his ambition; Othello, his jealousy or the way he internalized the prejudices that he suffered; Hamlet, his indecision perhaps; King Lear, his vanity.

I think that there is an unspoken expectation that people should change in the course of a story and I imagine that is where much of the frustration with the show lies. Why doesn't Su change and become more ruthless? To me that's the wrong question. Because for the writer, character is destiny... pumped on steroids. People don't change... people don't change other people. People adapt to circumstances, they compromise and they may even mellow over time but at their very core there are fixed points in their character. For Su it's her belief that humans act out of the good in them even when they do evil. That's why she can pity So and Chae Ryeong at the same time. It's pervades her entire thinking and consequently her actions. For her when So kills monks and sets them alight, it comes from the need to survive. With CR, on the other hand, her evil deeds come from her desire to prove her love. In her mind, there is absolutely nothing contradictory because the intent is what matters. That's why she can forgive Uk so easily for abandoning her for the throne because she buys into his rationale that he did it for her. 

That's why she can forgive easily... she understands all perspectives and sees herself umpiring all their disputes. It's that unwavering belief that good intentions can cover a multitude of sins.

This is in one sense her best quality but it is also her, in Bradleyan terms, tragic flaw. This is why she appears weak and indecisive. Wishy washy even.

However, that is also the mechanism in which she is able to stay with So as long as she did.

I totally agree with your analysis of Soo's "fatal flaw". I can even relate to that, because even though I'm a very logic-driven, well-grounded and levelheaded person, I tend to do the same thing: putting myself in other people's shoes, trying to discern their rationale, their psychology and their motivations. That means that I find it difficult to "hate", 'cause I cannot help but look behind the facade: I can judge, I can disapprove, I can even despise, but, with the exception of really extreme cases, I cannot simply and straight-forwardly "hate", or deeply resent. (I feel you, Hae Soo...) 

• Like 10

I wonder what will happen to the cut scenes.Given the political turmoil happening in Korea,it might delay the process if they plan to do it.I really hope we get to see the cut scenes though because the cast and crew have worked So Hard.I want to see whatever they've done and appreciate everything as fully as they do.They really deserve a lot of credit:heart:

• Like 9

4 hours ago, briseis said:

A Love That Never Dies

The moment the little girl bumps into him Wang So feels an instant connection and is drawn to her, just like he used to be drawn to Hae Soo. And it makes total sense that So noticed something similar about Seol because his blood runs in her veins and blood is not water; he who remembers every word, every smile, every tear of her mother. His memories of Soo are igrained on his body, heart and soul. The meeting of the father and daughter is like another eclipse - beautiful, destined, but brief - destined to meet but never to be together. After so many years, he once again lowers himself in front of a woman, a king who does not knee in front of anyone. It’s such an instinctive and visceral reaction WHEN HE REACHES OUT AND CARESSES HER CHEEK WITH SUCH HEARTWRENCHING TENDERNESS, JUST LIKE HE USED TO CARESS HER MOTHER. Even before So spots the lotus hairpin he already suspects, but the moment he notices it in Seol’s hair, the hairpin that belonged only to them, he immediately connects all the dots - he is shocked and awed - and one look at Jung is all the confirmation he needs; THAT THE CHILD HE ALWAYS LONGED FOR SO MUCH IS NOW STANDING IN FRONT OF HIM - REAL, ALIVE, A LIVING PROOF OF HIS AND SOO’S LOVE, AND SO CLOSE and all he needs to do is to claim her.

“For this child… she asked that she does not live in the palace. It is so scary and lonely. She said she did not want her here. That is all Hae Soo worried about until the moment she died.” 

He wants so much to simply reach out and take her with him, but does not because Seol is the greatest gift he can never have. You can notice the exact moment he makes his decision. It’s not merely that he is respecting HS’s wish even after he death, BUT BECAUSE HE CHOOSES THE SAME AS SHE DID FOR THEIR CHILD - FREEDOM. It’s not that he chooses to let her go because WANG SO NEVER LETS GO, HE IS SETTING HER FREE; just like everyone he loves. HE GIVES EVERYBODY FREEDOM (even to slaves) AND PROTECTS THEM WHILE HE HIMSELF CHAINS HIMSELF INSIDE THE PALACE - it’s his price to pay. Once again he denies himself and until the very ends he does not change, staying unselfish in his love. He is setting his daughter free SO SHE CAN LIVE FREELY, something her parents longed for so much but never could. In the end, he allows himself one last look at the daughter he can never claim, a daughter who will never call him ‘father’, and leaves without even learning her name! BECAUSE THE FACT THAT SHE EXISTS AND WILL BE FREE IS ENOUGH FOR HIM - and he will love her, watch her and protect her from afar till the day he dies, but she will never know.

Brilliant analysis! That line is dead give away to WS plus the pin... In other words the kid has EVERY RIGHT to live in the palace for the child is his :)

• Like 17

1 hour ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Annyeong Chingudeul,

It took me a few days to find the time to write down my version of the ML-SHR final. But I eventually finished and updated it on my asianfanfics account. I hope you’ll enjoy reading it. May it help to heal all of your broken hearts.:wub:;)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1190152/until-we-meet-again-moonlovers

As you’ve probably noticed I've tagged everyone who liked the posts about my writing below. (I hope I didn't forget anybody! If so, please excuse me! It's quite late over here and I'm just about to go to bed. :huh::sweatingbullets:

Please note that English is not my first language. I hope you still have fun reading! Feedback is always welcome!:lol:

Much love,

Soul

It was really good! I especially liked when Hae Soo said that she waited every day for him to find her! :) I got a little misty eyed at that part.... I choose to believe that live happily ever after! Thank you for your story!! It was a joy to read!   :heart:

• Like 14

1 minute ago, ziggy123 said:

If the SOON is for his next project or fanmeeting why would he use that particular video of so showing his scar and saying i will find you soo. Everyone is playing with us so sad.

Probably they change the ending to something we don't expect for the fans to make a buzz like us on the internet. I mean like everywhere, ended it with a BANG! They want us to talk about it for a long time after it ended. 

12. Reactivate twitter and youtube accounts to vent out

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

It was really good! I especially liked when Hae Soo said that she waited every day for him to find her! :) I got a little misty eyed at that part.... I choose to believe that live happily ever after! Thank you for your story!! It was a joy to read!   :heart:

I was not able to finish it. It's promtping me to subscribe. When i hit subscribe it prompts me to login not reditecting me to sign up. I check the site fully and i can't see anything that say "HEY STUPID YOU NEED TO SIGN UP HERE!" haha :w00t:

• Like 6

Just now, pauexclusive said:

I was not able to finish it. It's promtping me to subscribe. When i hit subscribe it prompts me to login not reditecting me to sign up. I check the site fully and i can see anything that say "HEY STUPID YOU NEED TO SIGN UP HERE!" haha :w00t:

Haha it did that to me too! I found a button to "register" in the top right corner. It's super easy to register and then you just have to hit the subscribe button! It's worth the extra effort :) Good luck!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ziggy123 said:

If the SOON is for his next project or fanmeeting why would he use that particular video of so showing his scar and saying i will find you soo. Everyone is playing with us so sad.

Exactly. Now that I think about it I think throughout this whole show people have just been playing with us. SBS messed with us with the whole baseball thing, then there was the international vs. SBS versions, the writers and LJG playing with our hearts the whole way,the ending, Ji Mong, the news of the alternative ending, the stills of the cut scenes, THE CUT SCENES, THE CUT SCENES, THE CUT SCENES, and now the 'SOON'. Oh come on people, don't you have the slightest bit of guilt for what you have done to my heart and sanity?

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Haha it did that to me too! I found a button to "register" in the top right corner. It's super easy to register and then you just have to hit the subscribe button! It's worth the extra effort :) Good luck!!

Im going to give it another go thanks!!!

• Like 5