[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, briseis said:

The drama finished filming on June 30. This is the filming of LJG's commercial which took place approx. a month ago. You can see it's autumn on the way the people are dressed and the tree leaves.

Nooooooooo :tears::tears::tears:

Thanks for the info!

• Like 4

I think the production team could've done a better job with the pregnancy plot, they had a chance to show HS's reaction about it, her conflicting feelings wether she wants to stay or leave, wether tell WS or not, realizing that the palace is not a good place for their daughter and THEN having the CR death as the last straw for her. It would've been sooooooooo much better, I can't even imagine how much I would've loved it and cried because of it. If there are actually scenes of what I just said and the director decided to just withhold everything from us and make us question HS's love, I will be speechless, we've already said so much about him, and I can't find anymore curses to him.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Para12012 said:

I feel like she was referring to the amount of power HS had over WS. He freed slaves because of her beliefs. He even saved Wook's life because she asked and might have done more. I think YH said this to suggest that HS controls him. He couldn't rule as firmly as he hoped with HS by his side, he only cares for her and not even his son can change that. 

This is my two cents but it could also be about the pregnancy. If that was the case then she might have meant that HS left WS because she didn't want her child to experience what YH son was now going through but I don't think this was the reason. If she knew about the child she would have tried to kill HS a long time. 

Agreed, I think YH was the main danger posed to HS's bebe. HS bebe would have confirmed her status as royal concubine and be raised to second queen by GJ's consent. That would spell competitors for the throne for YH and that's simply not a possibility for her. 

2 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

I think the production team could've done a better job with the pregnancy plot, they had a chance to show HS's reaction about it, her conflicting feelings wether she wants to stay or leave, wether tell WS or not, realizing that the palace is not a good place for their daughter and THEN having the CR death as the last straw for her. It would've been sooooooooo much better, I can't even imagine how much I would've loved it and cried because of it. If there are actually scenes of what I just said and the director decided to just withhold everything from us and make us question HS's love, I will be speechless, we've already said so much about him, and I can't find anymore curses to him.

THIS 100% I get why they left it as a reveal in the finale (surprise! baby), but honestly the pregnancy plot could have done SO MUCH MORE WORK. It cements HS's relationship to WS, it gets at why she's completely determined to leave, it also shows HS' incredible maternal instincts that she would do anything to protect what was important. 

• Like 17

Will probably make a longer post later, I don't have the time to do it right now...

But I have to say that it makes complete logical sense that Soo was in a hurry to get out of the palace (I just wish they gave us a little more hints about her sense of urgency.) She wasn't being selfish or mean. She was being a mother. She probably already knew she was pregnant (1-2 months or so?) and Yeon Hwa was a real threat. I think the series showed us that Yeon Hwa has basically turned into Queen Yoo, the very woman she despised, when she was in a bath with too many flowers and candles and trying to come up with new evil plans. You spend all your days plotting. Your children are just tools for you to gain more power. You are stuck in a loveless marriage. You trust and love no one.

Hae Soo was probably very very aware that Yeon Hwa would either try to poison her to kill her or make her miscarry out of jealousy. If that did not happen and she did end up having her child and passing away, Yeon Hwa would probably be the evil stepmother who tries to get the child adopted out of the palace like what Queen Yoo tried to do to So. She did not want her child, male or female, to be entwined in all the brutal palace politics. It makes total sense she took the first escape route she could get in order to protect her child even though it meant having the child in secret and not being able to spend her dying days with her true love. She started spurning and turning down the emperor to make it easier for her to leave, but it hurt them both even more, nevertheless. I think So suddenly realised all that and was probably aware that Yeon Hwa would stoop low enough to hurt his child in order to protect her own children. In the end it was better for the child's well being, which I'm sure he cares very much about given his own shitty childhood, and it was probably enough for him to watch the child grow up happily from a distance under Jung instead of suffering as he did.

• Like 20

Guest ktiminie
5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Where can i find eng sub? the posted link si korean

You can active Eng-Sub by clicking as below:

H0Zl5k.png

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

My take on this drama as a whole at least from the writer's perspective is how terrifying and alienating the throne is. There's almost nothing redeemable about it at all. Even before a person sits in it... it corrupts, erodes and destroys. The man who finally gains it loses everything. I guess it's understandable with SK politics the way it is that the writer would take that kind of perspective. The throne is a place of power and anyone who dares even look at it becomes tainted by its power. In that sense, it is the equivalent One Ring of LOTR. If I were to push the metaphor further, I would say that Su was modelled after Frodo and though she was never corrupted by it, she was broken by it, never to recover.

The only thing I thought was bad about the last two episodes was how rushed things were tie up loose ends. I'd say that's probably the real reason for all the issues in Ep. 19 but there was enough for me at least that I could see all points of view particularly Su's. I didn't think she was weary of the palace or So as much as she felt deeply responsible for all the deaths. Yeon Hwa coming up to her and blaming her for how Uk went Darth Vader probably was the final straw. What I thought was interesting that despite everything she thought and how it looked to everyone else, it was clear the love between Su and So did act as a restraining force on So. He didn't go full Darth Vader on his brothers because of her but it was clear to me that she had to leave so that he could totally focus on fulfilling his destiny. Although I felt sorry for So... that he had to be alone... when people were leaving left, right and centre... I didn't think anyone was acting particularly out of character when they left him. That's why Uk's strategies were so effective because he really knew how to hurt So in the right places. Yes, I would have loved to have seen much more angsting maybe but for what we did get, I don't feel there was any inconsistency. The people he loved the most couldn't be shields for him, instead they were political liability. Sadly, he had to be King on his own and his strength had to come from where it has always come from... suffering from being alone.

My belief all throughout the drama's run is that everyone in this show made their choices. While Su was the catalyst, she didn't put a sword to anyone's neck. Despite YH's invective, everyone acted according to their own desire/greed and personality. Just as temptation itself isn't sin, Su isn't responsible for the sins of others. It's easy for anyone to sit in judgement of anyone without walking in their shoes but let's remember Su did not ask to be sent to Goryeo. She was transported there by a force larger than herself, a force that knew exactly what kind of person she was and what kind of effect she would have in the palace. There were times I think she felt deeply responsible for the palace deaths and tried to steer clear of the princes especially So but his love for her was just too all-consuming and in the end she couldn't help but succumb. And when she did, she surrendered to it mind, body and soul. There's a sense of noble idiocy in her leaving So because she probably thought that she would end up destroying him, more so than he destroying her.

As I haven't seen 20 with subs I won't comment on it just yet but I was reasonably satisfied with what I saw. Despite earlier misgivings, I'm actually quite alright with how things ended. I especially liked that they had a daughter together and that a part of Su remains in Goryeo.

Highlighted all the parts that were pure perfection!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, clarissasan said:

I just hope the extra scene that will be released (don't know when) will not involve product promotion related.... I'm thinking that ISO* has being mentioned enough in this final episode lol 

And also I really wish in the extra scene we will see HS and WS meet in the future and not another flashback. ^_^

who knows when .. that is if it ever gets release.....i have no hope for it...i will take the ending as it is...

• Like 7

On 10/24/2016 at 0:13 PM, lunaluna33 said:

Here's my crazy theory. I do really feel that the writer is sending a message that a pregnancy will happen, but it may not end in a miscarriage. (at least I hope!) In the Chinese book and version. the 13th Prince (basically HS/RX's best friend) had a daughter that was the light of both HS/RX and WS/Emperor's life. there's a hint that the 4th prince in the novel was a very strict parent to his other children, but this niece of his was adored and pretty much allowed to do anything. We have not seen this little girl yet in Ryeo.

WS's son with YH did become the next emperor, but his rule was short and by all account, he was not a spectacular ruler. But I remember that BA (13th)'s daughter married the next king (or the one after? sorry, wiki is failing me here). What if HS and WS has a daughter and HS entrusted her to BA (because BA here has not had a child yet). WS knows this and that's why he doesn't end his life prematurely as he wants to protect his favorite brother (13th) and his daughter. This little girl was allowed the freedom her mother never had outside of the palace and knows her father only as "uncle". Eventually she married back into the royal family. I think with HS/WS has a son, I can't imaging his life being anything but tragic.

Just my 2 cents.

I just finished the last episode (still weaving a long detour past the dreaded ep 19) and I'm just taking an opportunity to give myself a fist pump! I called it!!!! yeah! like 300 pages ago! okay, now back to hitting that rewind button 20 times.

• Like 11

Just now, Siracusa said:

Was anyone else a little weirded out that BA was meeting his future mistress (i.e. Wook's daughter that looks like a 6 year old)? I know at this point we've been exposed to so many inter-family marriages and age differences but this one made me think of the SNL sketch "Meet Your Second Wife".

It's weird but Gwangjong will eventually have to marry his niece (Moo's daughter) who becomes the second queen. I'm sure the marriage would eventually be arranged/matchmade for BA somehow. No one has any choice in who they love in Goryeo, it's all business.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Gmorning... yeah Im still bitter. Well if anything good came out of this drama is the fact that friendships have been formed and hope its a stronger one.

Jisoo IG update of all casts members

Me too! 

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Am i still sleeping or is it only me? It seems Iu is sitting on jk's lap. Lol! 

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 8

Since the thread moved so fast, can I check that at the part where WS is at the palace with his scar. He said the line that he will find HS in another life?

if so, then I guess that is an indication of an open ending? Plus LJK himself said on v app that it was left as an open ending?

though to me it felt more like a close ending to me. 

I just wanna thank everyone who have really been around the drama since the start.

every single happiness, angry, frustration thank you for sharing with me! 

I have enjoy reading every anaylsis shared by everyone! Let's hope that we do get a special ep and there is something worth in the special ep! 

• Like 15