[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I'm still behind by 13 pages...trying to catch up but my head is swimming.

All I know is I am AMAZED...just downright thankful for LJG's acting when bursting in to Jung's house and taking HS's ashes. I knew he would deliver in a scene like that but just /sigh...amazing. He deserves every recognition just for that scene alone.

I'm still not sure how I am feeling about the ending...I know its open ended and maybe they did that on purpose...but everything is just playing over and over again in my head. I need to fully watch again and digest everything properly.

• Like 12

Is not that I was expecting a lovey dovey ending, after have to endure the dead of half of the Stark, Hodor, and the dire wolves in GOT, the dead of baby Faith and the separation of Claire and Jamie in Outlander, and what happened to Glen in TWD, I'm more than prepared to tragic stories, but in MLSHR's case I need a proper explanation of the closure of HS and WS story, it doesn't matter if they didn't meet in the future, after all this is from the Chinese version not from the novel as I read, but there were so many hints in their promises and the lyrics of songs from the OST that makes think what was beyong the gaze of Wang So at the end, it is as if something important had happened after that moment, was cut and the editor decided that was better goes to the scene of the piggy back.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, fengari said:

To be honest I do not mind that they didn't meet in the present time- And I consider this end a suitable end  for them- both of them, HS and WS are resilient, sensitive, and curious enough for life  to bear loneliness.  Thank you moon lovers of goryeo- and thank all of you dear friends

Agree and it's open ended enough to find closure regarding their love, them as individuals and what it was all about. 

1) Their love was beautiful and that's how it should be remembered. The last scene is their enduring signature: she, piggy-backed by him, both in perfect bliss. Fact is, all loves come to an end, it's just when.

2) They have become better persons...stronger...

i) WS can face the world with his scar now - self acceptance, check. He is wiser as he comprehends the futility of power; many people with great achievements have reached this point too. And it's not like he is broken. He is still the same driven man, now training his sights on inventing the time machine... That one will take a lifetime so he won't be bored...;p

- HS/GHJ is living her life well enough. Either her ex boyfriend and ex best friend's betrayal did not happen or she recovered from it. If it's the former, history did change perhaps because she became a better judge of character after all that palace intrigue. If latter, she has become resilient. What didn't change and has always been defining for her is her instinctive, first reaction to think about others. When her memories came back, she did not mop over how he did not come to see her while she was breathing her last instead she was sorry for not being there for him. Kind of like how she was so concerned about WS while bloodied and half alive in the prison (that's one of my favourites scenes by the way).

3) Finally, they contributed to the advancement of Korea! HS' influence helped GJ shaped a more egalitarian society. And of course, gave Korea a head-start in beauty products...

Sooo...all in all, it was a good journey. Thank you to Soompi forummers too for you are part of it as well. 

Life is poetry.

• Like 17

As I was crazy about this MDBC, that was the drama I followed most intensely. Having said that, because they broadcasted it here on OneHD at the same time as Korea, it was a weekly watch drama with my sister (sisterly kdrama bonding. LOL!). For me, I started out watching it because I loved LJG (I had high expectations and tracked it more intensely than on MDBC prior to screening.) but later, even though I continued to watch it....I really pitied the actors especially towards the end. The first episodes were watchable and I really enjoyed it!!! :wub:.......but towards the end it just went a bit haywire where some of the characters became so.....inconsistent....and the poor scene editing definitely played against the story. The saddest thing is though, the story had potential. Think of what a better director and with a tighter script and better editing could have accomplished....sigh PD-nim you really.....I am going to be really be more careful about touching this writer and PD's works in the future....

I am repeating before I get slobbered. I am not slating the drama in any way. I just wished that it had the opportunity to shine more which I believe it could have in the hands of a better production group. Sigh....so sad:tears:

• Like 5

Unlike the others, I like the ending and I feel relieved  now that the drama has ended. Thanks everyone for sharing this unique moment. Bless you all and maybe next time with an another drama but I doubt that I'll find another one that I'd like as much as MLSHR.

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

PD said that the journey is going to be sad but the end will be happy, LJG said that the end will be healing and Happy! Now Zera post on her IG smth about happy and Kang Ha Na post a pictures of her character (Yeon Hwa) were she seem to be very happy. Could it be that we no longer understand the meaning of the word happiness? :blink:

i talk about this in one of my previous post...we need a meting ASAP with dictionary at hand...

• Like 5

*group hugs* Woahhh, I am amazed at myself for being able to repeat the entire Scarlet Heart ordeal for the third time. First time was the book, followed by the C-drama. And then, woahhh, I decided that as if being heartbroken twice was not enough, I had to endure a third time and this time with Le Joon Ki. In hindsight, how much so I hated that his acting was beyond perfect!!! With an ending like this, I secretly wished his acting would have been awful, so that I would not ache for him. But no........

Anyhow, I think there is a logical reasoning behind the 'open' ending. To be honest, I don't think it is an open one. It was pretty clear that he stayed where he was (sorry to anyone being hopeful), and she stayed in the modern time. Someone above commented that such situation was the karma for their respective wrongdoings. I cannot agree more and plus, more importantly, in history, Gwangjong went on to reign for another 25 years before his death. It could be that the KCC / SBS was wary of changing the course of history given how closely they have been able to follow historical facts. In all seriousness, the other Moon drama has amended history but I think the scriptwriters in Scarlet had decided to stay true to its course.

So that sucks, yeah. For me, it sucks even more as I purposely did not read up on history before following. I wish I had...

• Like 8

I won't write a long essay..because I'm not that good in writing..haha...lol.

So what I'm going to say is..thank you everyone dear eclipses for this journey that we've been through together...it really was a roller coaster ride..haha. Thank you again all (sorry..it's not enough to mention all of you..besides I've been doin this for a nth times now..sorry if I make you all bored to hell..hehehe)

Secondly..for me..I won't have any expectations on season 2 or special episode for this drama..until it really happens..it hurts so much when all my expectations got ruined.

Third..I'm saying goodbye to all my friends here..hope we can meet again in another drana *bow*

Forth...I'm going back to my real life...

Love to all of you *hugs and kisses*

• Like 23

37 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

PD said that the journey is going to be sad but the end will be happy, LJG said that the end will be healing and Happy! Now Zera post on her IG smth about happy and Kang Ha Na post a pictures of her character (Yeon Hwa) were she seem to be very happy. Could it be that we no longer understand the meaning of the word happiness? :blink:

Is there an address where we can send the following to the director and PD?

42300179.jpg

• Like 20

22 minutes ago, magdale said:

Is not that I was expecting a lovey dovey ending, after have to endure the dead of half of the Stark, Hodor, and the dire wolves in GOT, the dead of baby Faith and the separation of Claire and Jamie in Outlander, and what happened to Glen in TWD, I'm more than prepared to tragic stories, but in MLSHR's case I need a proper explanation of the closure of HS and WS story, it doesn't matter if they didn't meet in the future, after all this is from the Chinese version not from the novel as I read, but there were so many hints in their promises and the lyrics of songs from the OST that makes think what was beyong the gaze of Wang So at the end, it is as if something important had happened after that moment, was cut and the editor decided that was better goes to the scene of the piggy back.

Yes to this. I'm fine with open endings in movies. I was fine with the spinning top at the end of Inception. They went through all the trouble of setting up hints and clues for the first 18 episodes and then just abruptly ended it. Can we start a petition for all the raw footage to be released?

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

Casting Lee Joon Gi as Wang So was a perfect decision this drama production team has made. He IS indeed WANG SO and GWANGJONG. He brought Wang So's character develop. From eps 1 to eps 20 my opinion is this drama is Wang So centric. It tells story about Wang So becoming king of Goryeo and the history after that. Lee Joon gi will always be remembered as Wang So. I think his next character from his next drama has to fill Wang So’s shoes. Wang So’s character was already marked in LJG’s image. Perhaps he should wait another year or two to play in another character. Being his fans from 2008, I think MLSHR is his prime. He is at his best as an actor.

@sooji28  This is supposed to be his last Saguek as he said he wanted to move on into other areas of filming I've watch all of his Sagueks from the king and the clown,Iljimae Joseon Guman to scholar who walks the night and these are some of my personal favorites. I must admit I have never been disappointed in any of his Saguek roles.. But as he said he's ready to spread his wings and take on more adult roles this drama is perfect for that transistion.. I would love to see a the second season with him still being cast as the lead as him and Hs barks on a new journey in the modern world..  With different names and a more nodern love for this day and time sort of like 1% of anything..  

I now see the very reason they choose him as Wang So he fit that bill and really brought Wang So character to life.. I'm really happy I finally got to see him play a King.. I never seen him play a Crown Prince.. 

I think if they ever did a remake of Yi San I elect LJK as CP YI San

• Like 24

Oh, I had a question:

What do people think of Jung not telling So he had a daughter?

I mean, Soo never said not to tell So, did she?

Would there have been a way for So to know of his daughter and not bring her into the palace per Soo's last wishes?

I think part of Jung's reasons for not telling So was selfishness. As in, So got Soo's everything: Soo loved So, Soo gave birth to Soo's child. Jung got nothing of Soo but this child that was the last piece of her. I figure he wanted to keep the child to himself as her mother never was his.

I would think the other part would be because he believed, without a doubt, that So would never let Soo's child get away from him and would probably bring her into the palace anyway. But then, in this episode, So appears to abide by Soo's wishes about the palace so this reasoning falls flat for me. Of course, how would Jung even begin to know how So feels about Soo's wishes?

I'm just confused about why So was never told about the child when we can see that Soo's wishes would likely have been carried out anyway.

• Like 16

I just finished watching it and cried buckets. For a sad and bittersweet ending I liked it, much better than the C-version.  The acting was top notch and this is one time I liked the flash backs to happier times. I am also glad that she remembered and was sorry for leaving him alone.  HOWEVER, NOW I WANT THE SPECIAL EPISODE OR A SECOND SEASON !!!!  PLEASE SBS and PDnim !!!:tears:

• Like 23

I'm just a mess today at work:

Sample conversation:

Normal person: Are we crying again? What happened this time?

Me: (Putting up head from desk) - Love is dead? Love is painful? What's the point of everything if it's so painful???? :bawling: there's a baby - he doesn't know it's his (getting incoherent)

Normal person coworker : Not again (shakes head) - Look, I'll give you my 10 free therapy sessions so this can stop - The drama is over, right? Please come back to us, we miss our friend! Snap out of it!

Me: More hysterical weeping :( No!! 

• Like 23