[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, fathiayunia said:

THE ENDING WAS.. ERR...

I FEEL SORRY TO WANG SO..

HAE SOO MET JI MONG INSTEAD OF HIM...  depressed1 onion head

WAEEEE WAEEEEEEEE?????!!!!!!  hate onion headhate onion head

I'm so sad seeing how emotionless WS became facing the grown up people. He only showed emotions when it came to HS/his daughter who resembles HS. He became so emotionless and seems so heartless :tears::tears: I want to see him happy! Happy in his reincarnation when he still remembers his time in Goryeo! Waee Waeee????

Where is my future Wang So? Where is the sexy naughty happy delicious future Wang So??!!! Aaaaarrrggghhhh

This though...

HS : *slowly remembering her time in Goryeo painted by (Ji Mong?)* // *seeing WS* // *seeing his description, cruel king* // *seeing the picture of him alone in the palace* // *slowly cries.....*

"I'M SO SORRY I LEFT YOU ALONE"

What did I said gurl, you're gonna regret it.  crying2 onion headcrying2 onion head

IU NAILED THAT ACTING! IU NAILED THIS EPISODE!

IF ONLY THEY GAVE US SOME CLUE FROM EPISODE 19 THAT HAE SOO LEFT PALACE BECAUSE OF THE BABY THEN I WON'T BE HATING ON HER SO MUCH!!!!! DARN EDITING TEAM FOR MAKING IT LOOK LIKE SHE LEFT THE PALACE BECAUSE SHE IS HATING THE MAN WANG SO BECOME.  hate onion head

I agree with you.

Well, the editing team did a great job to fool us all. I was shocked about the baby. But pleasantly surprise she did save a life, their baby. At least Wang So able to see their kid grows up from a far.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, imaginary24 said:

Yeah. She's alive for a year. But, about the reincarnation thingy.. I am not sure of it. Cause why did she kept apologizing to Wang So after she learned that her dreams were all indeed good to be true?? She kept apologizing all over again like she, HERSELF faced the actual life in Goryeo. And, not her reincarnation whatsoever. Gosh! The ending is super ambiguous so much that its closed enough for me to hate this drama entirely! Hmm

the soul is the same,, thats the reincarnation thing..

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

Watched it. Feel so cheated that they didn't meet. But finally glad that this roller coaster of emotions is over. I can finally breathe and move on, well not really if you count reading fanfics, haha.  A big heavy weight has been lifted off my chest. No drama made me feel this way. I'm feeling varies emotions that I can't express them in words. You guys get it I'm sure. I thought I would have been crying hysterically and going nuts and mad, but I strangely feel calm. Does it make sense to feel numb but at the same time have different emotions? I don't know what to think anymore, but happy that its over. . I might re-watch it in the distance future, not anytime soon. I want to get over this heartache.  This drama will be very special to me. Can't say all the reasons why but it is. Made me create an account and  join this forum for the first time:bawling:. I loved sharing my thoughts, feelings, and getting to know you guys. This won't be my last post, I feel like I'm saying a sad goodbye. I hope we meet again in a different drama. Some dramas I watch I leave it halfway cuz I don't find it appealing anymore, but rare dramas such as this, boy did it make me crave for more. Just real sad that they didn't meet.

Magically this drama make us actively sharing out though , opinions , ideas & discussing ;) 

• Like 10

HAHA those sweet mlshr fans who made a lot of fanfics here is way too funny as well as on twitter XD you saved my night.. Well, I'm hoping for that cut scene to get release quickly. There's still a bit of hope.. Goodnight/good day to you all.. ❤

• Like 10

Perhaps because it's only 20 eps, lots of things are not properly explained - only briefly implied here and there.
Like So knows Soo's health is weak and that her knees is one of the biggest problems. Or that Soo is the reason why So believed in the equal rights for citizen. It's explained clearly in BBJX (I havent watched the C-version, read recaps here and there - so hopefully I'm not wrong). 
I feel a lot of things are missing or kinda choppy. Never really protest much since I only had my eyes on So and Soo though. 

Right now, I'm in the final stage of grief: ACCEPTANCE. 
I accept that bad things can happen in dramaland, especially with the sucky ending. I love the drama. I will rewatch it again and again - relive the happy moments, but the ending is making me really sad. It's not even an Open Ending where we as the audience are given a freedom to imagine the continued scenes. This one is... I dont even know what this ending is except for 2 words: HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT, especially after the vow So made - that he will find her wherever she is. We root for So to find Soo!! Why can't So find Soo?

I really hope that there will be (official) extra scenes flying around giving us the final open ending. It's good to have hope. It makes us feel that their journey is worth the suffering, that there is a reward somehow. 

Sigh ... :mellow:

Oh, question: the scene between So and YH. I dont get it. 
YH said "Now I understand the reason why Soo left you. It's very clear" - me goes :blink:. Huh?
Can somebody explain that? Thaaanks... and take deep breaths, deeep. 

• Like 13

i wasn't really expecting happy end at first. but like many others we were fooled by that hoax "it will have a happy end" by pd nim and ljg thanx @LyraYoo for the clarification.

the baby was a mistake, how can go ha jin gave birth as hae soo to her great great great whatever, that was messy. the emotions go ha jin should felt, would need to be far more complex for loosing a child on top of loosing the love of her life.

the time jump really bothers me this time, all those feelings again happened off screen, i would prefer those minutes showing 9th and ailing wook (seriously, way too much wook) used to show how so dealt with loosing soo. what kept him sane all those years.

i am gonna miss mlshr, the journey, soompiers. :)

• Like 6

I just hope the extra scene that will be released (don't know when) will not involve product promotion related.... I'm thinking that ISO* has being mentioned enough in this final episode lol 

And also I really wish in the extra scene we will see HS and WS meet in the future and not another flashback. ^_^

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

I love angsty plot. my sister compared this ending with the ending from anohana anime. the ending of this anime has the same wrenching-your-gut-kind of feeling, but it TIES ALL THE LOOSE ENDS and GIVE THE HERO AND HEROINE THE VERY CLOSURE THEY NEED. while this... it's angsty, successfully tugged your heartstrings but brutally pointless... that flashback ending wouldnt sway me. no fluffiness would sway me at this point -_-

I'm in the same situation, and with a hole that is growing in my stomach. I wasn't convince at all about the director saying that it will be a happy ending I know how are sageuk dramas, but I have hopes that at least Wang So and Hae Soo will have a better conclusion. If at the ends she had to return to the era she belongs I want a good explanation of what happened after she fell to the water. What was the purpose of travel in time? Along with Ji Mong, help Wang So to be the king? That's not enough for me. It is not that I didn't like Scarlet Heart, but the end ruined the conclusion to a story that was good, I put this end at the same level of Sad Sonata, that still frustrates me because they made a twist that was irrelevant.

When I heard the baby born I found it lovely and even thought that although they did not meet in the future, something remained from the great love they had but I think this part was hung in the air. I understand that the girl had to grow up away from her father, because Yeon Hwa had ordered to kill her for being a danger for her children, but it's sad that something so important was left for the last. 

It will pass some time before I want to watch it again, is that just thinking about all the expectations I had, upset me  depressed2 onion head

• Like 10

I just finished the SBS version - better editing than the international version in case anyone is curious. Don't feel so mad now - international version always mess me up.

need some sleep now as I have a plane to catch in a few hours. All in all - I am glad to be on this MLSHR journey with all of you. Thank you. ❤️

will check in again tomorrow when I get some free time. Good night chinggus. Think this thread will stay alive for a while more. :) 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, soorani said:

I agree! It was bittersweet at most. It felt real because even though they can't be together, their love was real and there's even a daughter as a proof of it.  Endings like this make me anxious, but are also the types of endings that stick with me the most... just like 5 centimeters per second as an example. 

I like that expression, bittersweet.  It matches the overall tone of the drama which was dark and painfully rich of heart-wrenching elements.

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

I might belong to the minority , but I do like the ending  3

Overall , I am skeptical on how they will pull a modern wang so when in fact it was the Goryeo Wang So all along that made Hae Soo and Go Ha Jin uttered "Sorry" for leaving him there all alone. 

The modern wang so can't redeem himself to become the Wang So that Hae Soo have known .

Also, there could be a tendency for SHR to be compared to Splash Splash Love , and that is a KBS drama .

The production respected the novel's after all. (C-Drama have the ending of modern Yin Zhen, so I am not expecting a lot for SHR to follow the drama when the material is based on the novel)

The child arc and still born was beautifully done, at least for Hase Soo , she gave birth to a daughter, the fruit of the SoSoo love which counters the history of Queen Yeon Hwa's having a son with Gwangjong. That I will be definitely heartbroken if GJ YH consummated the marriage with an offspring and SOSOO have none?  41

As I mentioned in Twitter , the PD/JG 's saying that this is a happy ending is a rumor. I wonder who founded that.

This is a dark drama , after all.

It appears that we do belong in the minority.  Lets hold hands and stay strong.  I'm just glad I'm not completely alone.

I agree with your points regarding modern Wang So. There is a delicate balance between telling a love story with a historical background, add to that involving a very prominent historical figure.  

53 minutes ago, mitheone said:

JM also explained to modern day HS that her family name 'Go' in Goryeo time is 'Hae'. If I'm not mistaken he also said something about nothing is a coincidence and that fate or destiny has a way of completing its cycle.  I will wait for the Eng sub tomorrow to confirm this statement and with that statement alone, I would like to believe that the ending is not that bad.  It's not great but it's not s*****y either. We get that WS is a very determined character and he wouldn't let HS go if he gets things done his way.  Now that he knows that HS has always loved him, he's more determined than ever to find her and the eclipse is a foreshadow of his imminent time travel.  This type of open-ending opens the floodgate for any interpretation of what could have or would have happened in future and I'm in the opinion that they will indeed meet and HS will fulfil her promise to really really love WS if they happen to meet at a different world, time and place.  I will hang on to that thin thread just to maintain my Kdrama-life-sanity

There was a mention of the movie "Gone with the Wind" here previously and your post reminded me of that movie's ending.  Just like Rhett and Scarlet, I want to believe that WS and HS will meet at a different world, time and place as well. 

Kdrama-life-INsanity is more like it.  It fully describes why I am still up at 5:37am.  goodnight people see you tomorrow with eyebags and all.

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, nixekdevil said:

i take that back, i dont even need a movie. i just need a special episode. give us fans some closure

At this point I would take a 2 minute scene of them meeting or even just him being in the same area as her... I have an imagination, I can fill in blanks, but I need SOMETHING to fill in.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

OK I got the word for word transcript of what LJG said after the finale.

"Well, what do you think happened to Gwangjong?"

Fans: He met her!

"Did he go to Soo?"

Fans: He did!

"Well, there's something you haven't seen..."

Fans: (in a frenzy)

"An extra scene..."

Fans: (chaos)

"But I don't know when it will be released."

Fans: Awwwwwww

"At any rate, I won't spoil you. I do believe that Gwangjong's true feelings for Soo were delivered to her. I guess this is what you call an open ending? Anyway, thanks for watching MLSHR these two months, and I hope to see you again!"

since jimong told wang so that hae soo was from a different time, i wonder if it's about gwangjong leaving something for modern hae soo to discover it. a poem? or a site, anything to convey his feeling through time. i would love that as an ending. 

i really need to nuke SBS for holding out on it, to squeeze more money out of the show. a separate special, or whatever would mean more advertisement slot they can sell. that's not cool SBS, not cool!

• Like 13