[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@peipei78 you can google about Miryang, I am not sure how to get there. But after you google, you may not want to go there anymore. I shouldnt say more about this. The drama Signal was based on something that happened in Miryang.

---------------------

Our Wang Yo is in a happier place now :)

hongc.jpg

He was invited to Hongkong to grace the opening of the luxury brand Cerruti's opening. 

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, hobeverly1212 said:

I have a question...... in the SBS version, So scolds the doctor for not telling him that Soo was sick. So does this mean he knows about her helath problem or not? 

I guess he doesn't know. In c version BBJX, 4th knows RX was sick, but he doesn't know her health problem. 

I think HS is pregnant, but just purposely don't want to reveal it or she doesn't even know she is pregnant. I suspect her miscarriage happened because of pressure and stress coming from WS. Especially, after knowing WS plans to kill WW. She must be collapsed after hearing it. WS must regret and that incident  could be the reason WS agrees to let HS goes, because he doesn't want HS suffers. He loves her causing him to let her go....

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Roan89 said:

At 1:19, there's a scene of Hae Soo wearing this blue and red outfit. Any idea what this means? Not like she's getting married right?

I think it's her wedding dress, the one she would have worn if she was going to be married to WS

• Like 14

1 minute ago, mina4ever said:

Yes me too... the drama is just too depressing. It really zaps away all my energy. 

Hide contents

After this drama, I'm so going to just watch something that is more light-hearted.  And first stop will be Doctor X S4. At least the ending is for sure predictable and not heart wrenching 

I will watch something light, funny, where everybody is happy and nobody dies.

I wanna watch something where I don't have to use my brain or destroy my heart

I am exhausted with this drama...

How can a drama with so much flaws make me fall in love so hard and destroy me so bad ?

While a perfect production dramas with higher ratings give me no feeling at all?

What kind of magic did they use?

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, Roan89 said:

At 1:19, there's a scene of Hae Soo wearing this blue and red outfit. Any idea what this means? Not like she's getting married right?

No. HS is not getting married to WS. She just got engaged to WS. And maybe during the time HS-WS engage, her wedding dress is completely being tailored. Then, come YH and WW proposed to lending their 'support' to WS so that he can have strong reign with a condition to make YH as his queen. That's why you can see that HS is looking terribly devastated while wearing the wedding dress on the same day WS-YH got married. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, rosaluv said:

And here I thought this song is so appropriate for when HaeSoo finally meet WangSo in 21st century. 

I agree. My second MV project for this drama are using this song, love trancendent time. Still searching for another video related.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am going to try and do something impossible here and commend both Su and So for their efforts to stay together for as long as possible despite the odds. We've had our outpouring of grief but I want to take a different approach.

In Ep. 18, they're both exhausted from having to deal with all the rubbish that have been thrown their way. With barely a chance to enjoy anytime together, they are forced through circumstances over and over again to protect each other and in so doing... inadvertently break their promises to each other.

The assault from all sides is relentless... whatever vision So had for the future as King has to be put on hold because the first thing his mother does is question his authority and then what the Horrible Hwangbos do is attack his relationship with Su. Truly the last refuge of scoundrel Uk... reverting to his continuing default position. (Apparently he's intelligent but not original.) Each party brings the weight of the clans to bear so that no one participates in court proceedings.

So desperately wants to hold on to Su so he won't move an inch regarding marrying Yeon Hwa. In his mind he's already let her down having to marry King Mu's little girl so this time, he's holding fast. But the political class is squeezing him to the point that even Ji Mong has to take Su aside and have a quiet chat with her. She hears him out and sees the sense of what he's saying. 

She encourages him to marry Yeon Hwa (as I expected she she would) because she loves him that much that she wants him to succeed as King. This compromises her stance on marrying for political expediency and being with a man that she has to wait around for all day for because of his expanding harem (something she said to Eun). So is angry with the absurdity of the situation that even when he's become King, he is still powerless to protect the woman he loves, the woman he really wants to marry. Once again she's being used as leverage to torment him.

The Hwangbos really go all out to back him into a corner. Unfortunately for them, So's no pushover. He starts investigating King Mu's poisoning on the side. He's already had suspicions about Uk and Won's involvement so it's not hard to put the squeeze on the weasly Won to get a confession from him. CR's involvement comes up and of course since she was involved in treason, death is the only logical outcome. Although really Won and Uk should have been tarred, feathered and keelhauled too. But I'm sure they'll get their comeuppance soon enough.

He marries YH despite grave misgivings but he is infuriated at having to let Su down yet again. He's disappointed that he couldn't give her the one thing she probably wanted most from him. That final seal on that monogamous relationship that would legitimize their relationship to the world and highlight their commitment to each other.

Su finds out she's quite ill, probably with not a lot of time left to live. Babies might not be on the cards anyway because of her failing health which seems to be deteriorating with every crisis that occurs as well as having to contend with an angry and frustrated lover who is more King than lover these days. By the time the CR reveal comes to light, she's completely wiped. Mentally, emotionally she's had it.

While investigating who's been trying keep them apart, So realises that Uk has been the mastermind behind various incidents. I imagine that's why he's going after Uk next. And so he should.

I'm also now wondering if So is angry with Su (in the next episode preview) for not telling him about Uk not just because of jealousy but because Uk's been actively undermining So and Su's relationship even as far back as King Mu's reign. So would have been better equipped to handle him if he (So) had known about their relationship. Just a thought.

I thought it was appropriate for So to give YH the ultimatum in the way that he did. I thought it was a fine strategy as far she was concerned. Will she throw her brother under the bus to get what she wants? He would give her a son if she handed Uk over on a platter but if she was loyal to her brother, she'd at the very least think twice about nagging him about an heir. Divide and conquer. Why not? It's Uk's ongoing strategy, why not do the same here? But So knows where to hit her where it gets the most reaction. Her ambition and her regard for him.

Almost everything that So did in this episode was to try and work out who has been undermining the throne since Taejo's time. It's a thankless task but it had to be done. He sent Jeong away... practically to save his life lest he or someone in the Jungju clan be tempted to set him up as a contender for the throne. Mum gets sick and So gets the last laugh. But she's now no longer any kind of threat. 

As King, So has to make these threat assessments... that's his job and that's how he has to see every single person including family members. Su, on the other hand, is still all about relationships. That's her worldview... they're people not liabilities. 

I imagine So's doing everything he can to ensure that there are no more surprises along the way to consolidate his power so that he can protect the woman he loves and he doesn't have to "force" her to compromise for him again. 

Su is trying to (as some people have said here) protect his humanity so that the throne doesn't gobble the man that sits in it. She knows it's a huge burden and it's hard to have to set aside his pride to marry YH and she knows as least partly it's for her sake. But she doesn't want him to lose himself because he is so busy trying to protect her that he also loses sight of the people around him.

Therefore the question isn't that they don't love each other or who loves the other more etc. They both love greatly but they both love differently. 

However, this love... as I've said many posts ago, is inherently explosive... it can't be sustained in Goryeo because the political climate doesn't allow for it. But the sovereignty of fate (or whatever you want to call it), as it were has allowed it to occur for a time in order that certain things can fall into place.

Okay... I need to attend to real life things now. ML has claimed too much of my day as it is.

Thanks to everyone who read and responded to my long post earlier to day. I'm so glad that it resonated with so many. 

Well said! Now that I rethink about it, there was always this dark side of So which exists. After the killing of the monks, General Park did brought this up but So remains unfazed.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I will watch something light, funny, where everybody is happy and nobody dies.

I wanna watch something where I don't have to use my brain or destroy my heart

How can a drama with so much flaws make me fall in love so hard and destroy me so bad ?

While a perfect production dramas with higher ratings give me no feeling at all?

I feel the same too :'( 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Exactly! the other popular drama such as Moonlight, both me and my sister found it not to be our liking, even with all those fluffy moments, cool osts and fantastic ratings. I wonder why... :cry:

• Like 11

Is anyone else thinking about how poor Soo's going to get some severe jet lag and whiplash after she wakes up in the future?

Home-girl just spent 10 years in a different era where it took her two years or so to acclimatize herself to the reality in front of her.

And now, she'll wake up, likely with no more than a day having passed, with all these memories and knowledge that these people that she loved so much (and some not so much) are all dead.

Girl's life has been one unlucky break after another. She needs to be compensated for her hard work in the past (making sure history unfolds the way it was meant to) with a So who's sufficiently similar to her past love.

Future So better have some memories too or I riot, I'm just saying. Who's with me? We march on Tuesday the 1st. Mark your calendars.

• Like 18

Has anyone considered the heartbreaking twist would be Hae Soo taking the blame for Wook and being sentenced to death? Now THAT would hurt all the Princes. 

And I just have to say I have never been so engrossed in any tv series as much as I have with Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Besides the script, storyline, and characters we have come to love and be angry with, the acting across the board is phenomenal. The cast are outstanding, and I am grateful to watch a small glimpse in to Korean culture and history. LJK is amazing, he deserves so many awards even an Oscar. I love how he can express anger, pain, and being shattered in spirit all in one scene, sometimes he does this in a few seconds. As a viewer you feel what Wang So feels because of Lee Joon-gi captures it all in those few moments of expression. It is subtle but you feel the intensity of emotion. You love when he loves, and you hurt when he does. The sets, wardrobe, backdrop, and of course the entire cast make watching feel complete. Truly a treasure to watch :)

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Exactly! the other popular drama such as Moonlight, both me and my sister found it not to be our liking, even with all those fluffy moments, cool osts and fantastic ratings. I wonder why... :cry:

We are masochist, that is why :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10