[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

20 hours ago, dears said:

Do you know what other thing I found:

Wang So's son, 5th king, Gyeongjong, married 2 daughters of Wang Wook, each as 3rd and 4th Queen Consort.

The son of GyeongJong and his 3rd Queen Consort is the 7th king, Mokjong.

While the 4th Queen Consort later had an affair with Baek Ah (yes, her uncle), and gave birth to HyeonJong, the 8th king of Goryeo.

So we know that all the kings afterward come from HyeonJong's line who is Baek Ah's son, but he is also Wang Wook (8th prince)'s grandson, since his mother is Wang Wook's daughter. Surprising, isnt it?

The conclusion is while Wang So's line stopped reigning over Goryeo, Wang Wook & Baek Ah's continued the legacy.

@dears So it's true then.. I thought I took wrong notes. So history doesn't joke huh?! I'm not sure if PDnim thought at this when BaekAh delivered the line to WS in ep6 : "I only want to be free." or he thought at some of us who really like history and point out even the smallest gestures, words and attitude ^_^ And WW.. hm.. maybe History is right, maybe people like him who does everything for their familly, name, pride, ego can live and have greater "archievements". Like people of the time didn't like WS and thought his legacy (about the reform of political class wich he wanted to be from a meritoriuous aristocracy meaning even simple people could be part of it) is bad for their ego and money and whatever.. so they changed back to hereditary class. Maybe that's the reason why his bloodline got cut out from reign. Who knows. I wish this drama had more than 20 eps and we could see more about each character. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MiharuD said:

@dears So it's true then.. I thought I took wrong notes. So history doesn't joke huh?! I'm not sure if PDnim thought at this when BaekAh delivered the line to WS in ep6 : "I only want to be free." or he thought at some of us who really like history and point out even the smallest gestures, words and attitude ^_^ And WW.. hm.. maybe History is right, maybe people like him who does everything for their familly, name, pride, ego can live and have greater "archievements". Like people of the time didn't like WS and thought his legacy (about the reform of political class wich he wanted to be from a meritoriuous aristocracy meaning even simple people could be part of it) is bad for their ego and money and whatever.. so they changed back to hereditary class. Maybe that's the reason why his bloodline got cut out from reign. Who knows. I wish this drama had more than 20 eps and we could see more about each character. 

Can someone please enlighten me on Baek Ah's line "I only want to be free." and how it relates to the eventual continuation of the bloodline through him and Wang Wook? Thank you very much! I think since Baek Ah doesn't have much in store like the original story, I'm having a harder time trying to understand the supporting princes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cmluv said:

here is the link for eps 13 preview with english subs @mitheone

https://mobile.twitter.com/ksdramas

Thanks for posting the preview with subs... Wow, this scene reminds me of a similar scene in Empress Ki where they set it up like the Emperor was possibly dead to see if his followers would then rebel (thinking they could because the emperor wasn't around anymore). In the end, the emperor was alive and saw who were the treasonous people.  I'm wondering if they set up a trap too here to catch Wook and Yoo's rebellion? :huh:

• Like 3

So, after yesterday turmoil, this forum makes its peace with ep 12, HS, HS - WW and begin the trip to HS falling in for WS 

well, I have to confess my sin : as HS begin to fall in for WS, I am terribily afraid to not fall out :(  ;

this WS who is becoming so HS-centered, only gravitating around her, without any other purpose or plans in life than to be with her , who speaks about nothing else matter then her --- is not my kind of guy !!! - I hope his was not really mean it :)  " I am nothing without her." !!!! what a hell!!! I just hope he finally escaped from his mother fixation to look at him how he gets a HS fixation ??!!!:) being possesive, being crazy in love is one thing and being nothing without her is totally another!!! ...

if this continues I will become WW fan - at least he has some other meaning in life than only HS! :) blame me, scold me, leave me, kill me, but I can really love a character who thinks he or she is nothing without another one; maybe only if he or she is a teenager :):) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Can someone please enlighten me on Baek Ah's line "I only want to be free." and how it relates to the eventual continuation of the bloodline through him and Wang Wook? Thank you very much! I think since Baek Ah doesn't have much in store like the original story, I'm having a harder time trying to understand the supporting princes.

Oh we were talking about who of the princes will leave their bloodline into history and it turns out that BaekAh and WangWook son's and dauthers who marriend between them etc will give the next generations of kings till the 36th king of Goryeo who will be defeated by YiSeongGye who will establish the Joseon Dynasty. So me and @dears talked about this meaning and what we saw in the drama and made connections. Because as I said nothing happens by accident, everything has it's own meaning. Because son's of Baek Ah will continue the next generation of kings we thought that his line "I want to be free" has a meaning to this, know what I'm saying?! 

1 hour ago, frostfire said:

Being the Hae-soo/Wang So shipper that I am, naturally, I rewatched the heck out of their reunion and here are my thoughts:

1. First and foremost, that swoon-worthy back hug. I am such a sucker for back hugs. More, please. Give me them all the back hugs. 

2. Secondly, do you see the tears in her eyes? That more than anything shows how much she's missed him after the year of hell she's been in. Yes, she's consciously holding on to that promise from Wook. However subconsciously, she's missed Wang So. That back hug he gave her is probably the first comforting gesture she's experienced in a whole year. Whereas Wook didn't even dare to approach her in the aftermath and had to be dragged by Jung to see her, So is the exact opposite. She is the first person he goes to see as soon as he returns, and he declares that he's missed her even though he knows he won't hear her return the sentiment. He doesn't expect her

3. Thirdly, his presence draws her out of her shell. She's been detached and withdrawn since the aftermath of court lady Oh's death a year ago, and even during the back hug above, she was a shadow of her former self. However, one look at the mask on his face pulls back that Hae-soo that was sorely missing throughout the episode.

4. Once Hae-soo has ascertained that So is still making use of the makeup she made for him, she immediately retreats back into her shell, as you can see in the last photo above. 

The things she didn't voice out in this scene, as well as throughout the episode is very important. The importance of this scene here is the way she reacts to his presence in a non-verbal way, and the concern she shows for him when she's not otherwise deliberately being cruel and pushing him away. Perhaps the underlying theme of last night's episode for the romance portion should be reading between the lines. If you take what was shown to the audience at face value, you would be missing all these subtleties and it's a damn shame, because sometimes it's the things that are unsaid that make the most profound impact. 146.gif

I'm with you..:wub: Everyone is so clear about WS's feeling for HS especially ater watching YH and WS's conversation (SBS version). What is not clear is the feeling of HS towards WS, however after reading your post I am confirmed about HS's feeling.  What a beautiful explanation...

Love is so complicated sometimes and if one asks the question "What is your definition of love?" One will get 1001 different answer... but as what you have expressed here, it is true.  Don't just listen to what is being said but also look at the body language,  facial expression / micro expression, the eyes (windows of the soul) etc. of that person. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dears said:

I already know the history fact and I didn't ask about it.

What I mean, in the story, the reason whether Wang So will ever marry Yeon Hwa, is because Hae Soo encourage him to do that in order not to change history. And I asked that to the person who claimed that she knew the story. And I kinda thought that make sense.

Oh I see, sorry I misconstrued your meaning. 

I think the writers can take advantage of the fact that Wang So had his 1st son in 955 & delay the marriage, Moon Lovers started at the year 941

@mewtwoDo you reckon it's going to be a delay? Hm, I'm hesitant to think WS will be free from political meddling (from his mother) if he's serious about the throne.

9 minutes ago, MiharuD said:

Oh we were talking about who of the princes will leave their bloodline into history and it turns out that BaekAh and WangWook son's and dauthers who marriend between them etc will give the next generations of kings till the 36th king of Goryeo who will be defeated by YiSeongGye who will establish the Joseon Dynasty. So me and @dears talked about this meaning and what we saw in the drama and made connections. Because as I said nothing happens by accident, everything has it's own meaning. Because son's of Baek Ah will continue the next generation of kings we thought that his line "I want to be free" has a meaning to this, know what I'm saying?! 

Oh, I understand now. Yeah. I think it does have meaning in a way because pretty much his descendants had power and were able to do what they wanted (my opinion). That's one way we can think about freedom during that time. I'm sure there can be different interpretations.

10 minutes ago, arabela said:

So, after yesterday turmoil, this forum makes its peace with ep 12, HS, HS - WW and begin the trip to HS falling in for WS 

well, I have to confess my sin : as HS begin to fall in for WS, I am terribily afraid to not fall out :(  ;

this WS who is becoming so HS-centered, only gravitating around her, without any other purpose or plans in life than to be with her , who speaks about nothing else matter then her --- is not my kind of guy !!! - I hope his was not really mean it :)  " I am nothing without her." !!!! what a hell!!! I just hope he finally escaped from his mother fixation to look at him how he gets a HS fixation ??!!!:) being possesive, being crazy in love is one thing and being nothing without her is totally another!!! ...

if this continues I will become WW fan - at least he has some other meaning in life than only HS! :) blame me, scold me, leave me, kill me, but I can really love a character who thinks he or she is nothing without another one; maybe only if he or she is a teenager :):) 

Count me in, comrade. I will be WW fan with you. WSxHS have a lot of shippers already. :D lol It seems like we're the rebels like WY and WW against WS and the general consensus. Well, I'm just loving the game of throne even if it does come with the girl.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arabela said:

Come on, come on... WHAT GIRL on this EARTH doens't wanna hear this line: "I'm nothing without you." I mean.... I'll just melt in his arms (technically I did when my hubby said this :wub::phew::rolleyes:). Buy yeah I get what you mean and you're probably right.. this is too intimate, even in dramas. Point taken. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, junee22 said:

In BBJX (Scarlet Heart Cversion) we barely know RXs feelings..she only showed a little..but at least it is shown to us the viewers...At the last episodes we could see RX fell ill and she's missing her 4th prince badly so she started to write a letter for him..hoping he will come to see her. This letter actually shows all of her feelings...all of her thoughts for long times..the answers to all of the questions that we, as viewers, wanted to know.

Actually...I'm always wondering from ep 8...is this what it means?the reason why is HS being so secretive?is it because the writer wants to reveal all of this in the end???REALLY??? So you actually wants us viewers to stick to the show for hoping of HS revealing feelings someday??is it Writer-nim???if it is so...then I'm going to stick until the end...I want to see if my prediction is right...

Or maybe the writer will reveal HSs feelings to the viewers at tonight eps??? (very small possibility) but fingers crossed it will reveal tonight..for the sake of our mental health :sweatingbullets:

For me, the difference between HS and RX is that HS is trying to keep away to stop creating more chaos and Lady Oh's death has completely jaded her.

Spoiler

I don't see HS as secretive as RX, from the beginning RX has shown she was a woman who's more dedicated in her craft. She's shown to practice her calligraphy and poems and is a much more introverted person who express her feelings through writing. Hell she even dedicated a whole box of letters to 4th prince after she died. Whereas HS doesn't know how to write hanja, not even a letter to either WS / WW when she left for the palace.

Especially with that photo showing the kiss, I think HS is much more vocal about her feelings about WS.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ilovekorearocks said:

That's a relief. I don't think HS's heart be at ease if somehow she caused another person's death. I hope CR will be in good hands. Exile her and all just don't kill her. Any more tragedy,and  HS looks like she will not be able to mend. 

3hours to go before its Ep13. Looking forward to HS returning that bracelet to WW. Because that's a proper closure. Don't we return the gifts we received from an ex as a sign of closure? Then,  it's the end. No more regrets. No more what ifs and maybe's. 

Yes, it is. I think it's also good that Lady Hae was Hae Soo's cousin and she's gone. If not, Wang Wook's wife will suffer a similar fate like the 8th prince's wife in the original. So at least, Lady Hae's death was natural not forced or anything. But then I actually feel that Lady Oh's death was supposed to be similar to the death of the 8th prince's wife considering that both died by hanging and Wook met with Lady Oh before her death. The last person that the 8th prince's wife in the original met was also her husband, the 8th prince. Also, Wook seems to resemble the King a lot when it comes to choosing power vs. love. So in another, it was the King / 8th prince abandoning Court Lady Oh / lady.

And then I remembered that Ruoxi's servant did kneel down and claimed it was her fault when she allowed Ruoxi to meet with the 8th prince's wife. Subsequently, Ruoxi's miscarriage and 8th prince's wife's death occurred. So it makes sense as to why they combined the maid and Yutan to create Chaeryung.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, onemella said:

Just wanted to check, is anyone doing live recaps tonight? 

If I get home in time I will, but it's looking like I won't be able to do so tonight either. I haven't even watched episode 12 yet. Wah!

• Like 6

done watching ep12 with subs... and i totally understand HaeSoo's behavior why she can't accept So yet... although she still loves Wook she wants a clean break first  and since she came from a noble family she's trying to be decent enough by friendzoning him out in spite the fact that it turns out she became senseless person in doing so.

now for the next ep,, i can't help but thinking Baek Ah being stab and the 1st battle of the throne is starting, and please please make our OTP's loveline BLOOM..... its already ep13

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Yes, it is. I think it's also good that Lady Hae was Hae Soo's cousin and she's gone. If not, Wang Wook's wife will suffer a similar fate like the 8th prince's wife in the original. So at least, Lady Hae's death was natural not forced or anything. But then I actually feel that Lady Oh's death was supposed to be similar to the death of the 8th prince's wife considering that both died by hanging and Wook met with Lady Oh before her death. The last person that the 8th prince's wife in the original met was also her husband, the 8th prince.

Spoiler

Actually now that you mention C-BBJX, didn't 4th prince punish chaeryung's equivalent ? He had to make sure nobody was harming her - remember the horse scenes and steaming servants? Maybe WS isn't as violent as 4th. 

• Like 1

Thanks @cmluv and @paras:)

Calling for MLSHR experts :):)

Do we know what WW was wearing underneath his prince robe before WH's performance?  WY was nodding approvingly when he saw WW putting his robe on, while WS gave a piercing look when he saw it during their little scuffle.  I wonder what's the significance of that outfit.

Thanks again

• Like 1

@larinalove thks for letting me go

@drama808 I owe my boy a bedtime story. I think I will watch the recording of the show after it end at 10pm, then recap whatever important dialogue there may be.

-----

I remain firm in my conviction that hs love ww and doesn't love ws.I am bitterly fine by that, as long as I am clear about her position.

• Like 12