[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@maskros @Maria Brimstone So glad both of you are positive about Teaser 2. There are definitely many who feel the same. The Scarlet Heart:Ryeo Twitter site has been conducting a poll (have you seen it?) and so far, it looks like the majority of the 900+ people participating prefer Teaser 2. That's a great sign. It truly is. It's certainly proof that a lot of people continue to be excited and look forward to the drama, regardless of the strength of the marketing promotions, and regardless of any rumblings about cast and hype.

I sincerely appreciate the reminders about the character development and tone from the C-drama. They're all valid points. Regardless, preferences and perception will continue to be different from person to person.  At the end of the day, we all still have to wait till the drama begins to see how everything plays out -- the similarities, the differences, the performances, the music etc. I'm personally looking forward to seeing how the K-drama plans to differentiate itself, because despite all the things I loved about the C-drama, it will be refreshing to see how it might be reinterpreted, not only by the writer and director, but by the actors. As @minmar mentioned and alluded to, the tension and anxiety we're feeling are normal for people who have been anxiously awaiting a big event.

In addition to our normal interest as drama lovers, the concerns that I and @sukbin have expressed are interwined with our hopes for the success of the drama. I can't speak on @sukbin's behalf, but let me say as an IU fan, it's ironic that you want your bias to have opportunities to share their talent, and yet you fear any perceived failure because it always provides fodder for anti-fans. So this is actually what's at the crux of my concerns. I'm extremely happy that K-dramas (and now C-, T- and J-dramas) are my guilty pleasure, as I've dicovered and enjoyed so many great stories (and some not so-great). I also discovered, however, how very cruel and brutal people can be, often times without basis, to idols/actors in this industry. Everyone has a right to their opinion, of course, but it still continues to surprise me when people forget that the people they're speaking of are living, breathing human beings with feelings too. Being cast in the spotlight doesn't make one impervious to those type of attacks.

In IU's case, she definitely has anti-fans who wait for any opportunities to discredit her or speak ill of her. Heck! Often times they just make stuff up or continue to bring up events or mistakes that are years old and no longer relevant.  So that's why for some of us, the success of a project takes on an added dimension than just that of the normal viewer, as success and the slow building of credibility does indeed take the sting out of the things that the haters say.

Anyway, all that said, our biases nor we, their fans, have control over things like this. I'm not in the least surprised that @sukbin confirmed my suspicions that negative comments were already being made. It was going to happen regardless of how good any of the teasers are. BUT, I guess that's why it makes me feel good to see the continued excitement and anticipation regardless of how perceptions may vary regarding any factors relating to the drama. It means that despite what the haters may say or do, this drama has traction and momentum. How AWESOME is that?! :)

• Like 10

What's the secret behind Lee Jun-ki's changed appearance in 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo?'

PbKigw8.jpg

While fans wait for the premiere of “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo,” many are already impressed with lead actor Lee Jun-ki’s chiseled face and changed appearance. The 34-year-old actor, who plays the role of a prince in the goryeo dynasty, had recently revealed about his dramatic transformation and the journey so far.

During an interview with Chinese media outlet Sina, the actor said that he had to shed a lot of weight before the filming of “Scarlet Heart: Rye.” In Lee Jun-Ki’s words, he lost around 15 kilos in a span of five to six months by following a strict diet.

However, the “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter” star revealed that he didn’t lose muscle. In fact, he gained quite a bit of it and became healthier in the process.

“It was for my drama, but I have become healthier and my fans love it so I think it was a good choice. I also feel like I am getting rewarded for the tough times during dieting,” he added.

Admittedly, many fans are thrilled to see the actor in the upcoming Korean drama which has a star-studded cast, including EXO member Baekhyun, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Yoon Sun-woo, Hong Jung-hyun and others. Various social media platforms evidence fans’ enthusiasm. But this fan fervour only seems to have made the actor humble.

Lee Jun-Ki said, “I’m not exactly sure what my charms are, but I think they like me because they love my productions and were touched by them.” The actor added that Korean dramas are being watched more frequently and that it’s a ‘blessed’ time to be part of the entertainment industry.

“Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” directed by Kim Kyu-tae is a story about Hae-soo (IU), a 21st century woman who travels back in time and lands in the goryeo dynasty. The plot explores the relationship between Hae-Soo and Wang So, which is threatened by political rivalry, quest for power and jealousy, among other conflicts.

“Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” will air at 10 p.m. KST on Mondays and Tuesdays on SBS.

source: http://news-express.in

• Like 10

@meahri_1 You have expressed my thoughts and concern well. I have nothing more to add.

Maybe our taste as international drama viewers are different than the Korean audience. At the end of the day, they are the one deciding on the viewership ratings and if the marketing strategy works for them, by all mean, I hope they continue to do what they have done so that this drama will be a great success. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

The Naver comments for the second teaser seems positive. :) 

I just read that Joon-gi, Jong-hyun and Ha-neul are shooting Running Man today (or perhaps, it's actually tomorrow...you know how I'm bad about the time difference). I know some fans are sad that more of the cast can't participate. It's still exciting, though. I believe it's Joon-gi's first time? The important thing is that their participation is promoting the drama!!! 

Oh, and it just occurred to me that they should be confirming the new date for the Press Con (I will laugh if it ends up being the original 8/24 date)...really soon. From a timing perspective, the announcement has to be made this week since we have only 13 days till the first episode.

Chingu, we have a LOT to still look forward to. Three teasers (@Maria Brimstone is right. I'm sure they're struggling to decide on what they can still share from the drama without giving too much away); the Press Conference, the Running Man episode....  Because August 29 is fast approaching, SBS may not have to do much else besides ramping up the teasers they are now or will be showing as commercials for the drama. :lol:

• Like 7

can't wait this drama airing.

i love lee jun ki acting. he's amazing & multitalented actor

Doctors drama Episode 18 not airing tommorow. Left 3 episode. so, i don't if SBS push back this drama airing or not. This drama date airing already confirmed in Korea & a few country. No idea!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Niki Azia said:

can't wait this drama airing.

i love lee jun ki acting. he's amazing & multitalented actor

Doctors drama Episode 18 not airing tommorow. Left 3 episode. so, i don't if SBS push back this drama airing or not. This drama date airing already confirmed in Korea & a few country. No idea!!!

@Niki Azia OMO. OMG, chingu, you're right. I didn't think about the push back on the Doctor's episodes impacting us. But there's still enough time for SBS to work it out. Unfortunately, it will be at the expense of another show, of course.  This is probably the best time to address this since we're not supposed to be mentioning other dramas, however, in the context of how it relates to the first airing of Moon Lovers...I think we might be okay. We'll find out soon if this post is edited.

So on one hand, people think MLSHR will benefit from assuming the position that Doctors is vacating. Maybe at the beginning, but as many of you know, that's not a guarantee. We go up against another sageuk that's the exact opposite of ours. Thematically it will be light, romantic and comedic. I believe ours will cover the spectrum as far as themes.  We outweigh it in terms of 'pretty'...but that will only get us so far. As they say, proof is in the pudding...meaning you have to eat it to know what's inside, so I'm hoping MLSHR meets and exceeds our expectations. Can't help but say I am concerned about how the other sageuk will impact MLSHR's ratings...but you know, that's actually a silly comment on my part since that would happen regardless of what other drama we go up against. :P

• Like 8

I feel blessed as an international viewer because I don't have to worry about the ratings and can watch as many dramas of the same time slot, even side by side, as I can handle the hotness of all the characters :P Plus this one is pre-produced so there is no risk of its production being cut midway, which would be a major disappointment.

I personally think IU will do well. She's not the best actress out there but she has steadily improved and that much is positive enough. I was most worried about the writing tbh because I watched one of the writer's past projects and was not enamoured, but this is based off a novel with a plot already set out so it would not be as challenging as creating something from scratch. Still I have noticed some historical errors. The poster of the King's man above is one example. The earliest known telescope was not around until the 17th century and both Wang So and his father lived, reigned and died in late 10th century so how was it possible that there was a telescope then B-)

• Like 6

@Misstwilightfan1416 Thank you! :) For premium users, I read that drama fever released UF episodes one hour after South Korea does. Maybe they will do the same with this drama because is also pre-produced. 

1 hour ago, maskros said:

The poster of the King's man above is one example. The earliest known telescope was not around until the 17th century and both Wang So and his father lived, reigned and died in late 10th century so how was it possible that there was a telescope then B-)

Yeah, I remember reading in one of his character descriptions that he was a genius...but i wasn't expecting to see the telescope and googles (Okay, I forget for a while that his character existed until the motion poster).

@Niki Azia Thank you for the info. :) Maybe SBS will have a double episode of Doctors? Double episode of MLSHR? Mmm...I don't know if that is possible unless the other broadcasters give double episode as well and besides the date all are promoting is August 29th. 

• Like 5

@maskros and @Gabi Bros actually cut lens have been around since the roman times when emperors used 'glasses" cut from gemstone to watch circuses and other public events.

Pliny wrote, «nothing is more intense than the green of emerald» and «sight is refreshed and restored by gazing upon this stone». Following his advise, Roman emperor Nero wore emerald sunglasses to watch the gladiators.

http://www.gemsbrokers.org/gemstone/gems_and_gemology/emerald_myths.htm

The first man credited with a telescope  was Hans Lippershey (c1570-c1619) of Holland.  He is often credited with the invention, but he almost certainly was not the first to make one. Lippershey was, however, the first to make the new device widely known.

Often Asia had similar or better inventions prior to the west so it is NOT unlikely that a telescope could have been designed and constructed much earlier, even holding a lens in each hand, one further from the eye than the other, will offer the same effect as a telescope.

• Like 7